/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Somehow became even weaker in a form that isn't even parry-able:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Reposting in new bread
Have some frenly frens being frens

I am a blue man. How does this work?

Way of Blue, or Blue Sentinels?

That makes it worse then, the guy gets possessed and goes on a murderous rampage, only to lose his sun and go dark when he gets put down.

If that's what qualifies as a "happy" ending, then you know what to expect from the DLC.

way of the blue. What dick head would have two blue groups. I guess the same dick head that made this shit game

But Solaire linking the flame is canon within his own timeline

There's your problem right there then. Way of Blue is the "Help me, I'm being invaded!" covenant that you talk to Saulden to join. Blue Sentinels is the "Let's kill some sinners!" covenant that you talk to Targray in Cathedral of Blue to join.

I tried to join the Blue Sentinels once but he said I wasn't cool enough. Do I have to leave my covenant to join another one?

You need to get one of those tokens from doing coop or whatever.

You need a token of fidelity, go coop
He finds his sun though. That's happiness for him. Its temporal nature doesn't nullify it
No, miya likes to think that IF we save him and IF we don't link the flame, he does

how do you even get up there

There's a path you need to drop down to by the second group of tarpits; it's the location of one of the dark chasms, and has some giants further down. It'll lead back up there. There's usually some messages pointing it out - carrying a torch also helps to spot it.

Jump harder

I remember in vanilla DaS2 enemies would eventually despawn permanently if you killed them enough. Did they take that out in Scholar?

Stop using Estus.

you can take it out by joining the company of champions

No, but if you join the company of champions they'll respawn indefinitely as long as you're in the covenant. It also brings back despawned enemies, IIRC.

What's a good level for watchdogs?

he kicked me out shortly after. I spent like five minutes looking for him

Yes, except for once per ng ones. Killing while in CoC also doesn't count towards the spawn limit

It's locked.

convince me to go back into ds3 pvp, dsg

You need to go deeper

yea i saw another guy jump down and followed him. I died to the giants right after

It's hilarious to get hatemail from metafags after you beat them with some gimmicky shit like golden ritualspear.

Welcome to Shitbox City. Population: 2. Enjoy your stay

>first mimic in the game dropped the symbol of avarice
Gat damn

>first mimic dropped me some overpowered axe
Get on my level

>i didnt kill the first mimic
you arent even trying :^)

If I ever do a pyro build should I just use the Dark Hand as my weapon until I get a Dark gem or what?

>didn't get both
You got played, lad.

>winged knight killed himself without any intervention from myself and actually fucking dropped something
This is the luckiest start I've ever had

What SL +weapon should I be in Lothric castle? I haven't been invaded a single time at SL 60 +6

Did he eat those lothric knights? Also, what's the standard procedure for this fat fuck? Only thing I've found is repeatedly plunging him

I'm looking for a few guys to do a DS2 (scholar of the first sin) co-op challenge run with.

Not sure what exactly, but something among the lines of pick a class theme and stick to it (like fighter, wizard, paladin or something), and maybe something like you're only allowed to heal with estus, but you're only allowed to have 2-3 flasks.

Does this sound appealing enough for anyone to be up for it?

I've beaten base DS2, but I've never gotten around to playing the DLCs. So I've only recently bought the game of the year championship ultra DX edition, and it's a bit dull running through the default game with the same builds as always.

roll, roll backstab

>what's the standard procedure for this fat fuck?
same as everything
roll through attacks
attack the enemy when they're not attacking
backstab whenever you can

Dodge and backstab when they finish their combo.

Where do I co-op at sl 100 in DaS3? Sitting at Soul of Cinder and it's painfully slow

should have stayed at sl80

is it worth to level to 120 for pvp in ng+ or not

I keep getting spinned on and rollcaught

>rupture
>literally a flying triangle, and not the good looking kind

I stand up where the RoS is and shoot him with a bow

roll better
alternatively, bait an attack
don't roll but just move backwards and around his side
when he done attacking or it's just kinda safe to move around, sprint to his back and backstab

but really though just practice rolling now
you're going to need it

I don't like rolling like a spastic but I feel I have to. Sage was an ass.
I was looking for something less cheesy, not more

Drop down a level when he winds it up. Run back up and backstab him while he recovers.

You didn't say that, you asked how people normally deal with him and I answered. *shrug*

>posted in the wrong general

Yeah, I'm annoyed at the game, not you. *unusable item gesture*

you already leveled to the realm of ng+ and duelshitters, might as well go the whole way and hit 120

SL100 is fine for co-op usually.
Mind you it's monday morning in the US and noon in europe, so there's probably not a lot of people playing right now.

SL 90 invasions are fun from my experience. Dragon barracks best invasion spot. You could go a for a lower SL too I guess.

What kind of damage does kirk's roll do?

Maybe 3.
Like 10 for the full set I think.

I meant type

>int/quality GSoJ
>almost 700 AR
>magic damage is the least resisted in pvp
>tfw hitting people for more than 400 damage per hit
jesus

That weapon is pretty sexy.

Well, at least it works great against static enemies like giants and mimics.

P sure it's just standard.
Not like it matters considering the output.

Mercury is my go to tool for dealing with ganker fucking shits. They're so eager to R1 me to death that they just blunder in and lose half of their health in seconds. It's hilarious.

I love when shit like this happens

I once got summoned for a fight club, and it ended up with us using White Tree branches and walked as 5 five "pope/priest" statues from pontiff to Anor Londo.

Shit took some time, but was fun

what are your stats? mugenmonkey says even with 40/40/60 you only barely break 600 AR

Is there any location in Dark Souls II that is exactly the same as one of the other two games (as in map overlap, not just the 'same location') like Anor Londo is in both Dark Souls and Dark Souls III?

Yeah, it seems pretty fun, I also understand the poison weapon art better now.

i've been using it in matches to give me some cover to lob CSS at my opponent, i'll give it a try in invasions

27/40/40
2H it
WA gives it flat 80 magic damage boost

oh, i'd forgotten the WA

Does anyone on PS4 have a spare Silvercat Ring they could drop for me? I killed Sirris like I normally do, but didn't really think things through on this character, so I kind of need it back. If not, I'd appreciate it if someone could help me mule it over from a different save. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty surprised how useful the ice trail WA of Friede's Greatscythe becomes at 40 int at least for pve. I'm at NG+6 and i'm using this thing regularly.
>can continue it directly into WA combo with no delay
>ice explodes in a middle of it and deals like 400-500 damage plus triggers frostbite

Can anyone tell me what time Ashes of Ariandel unlocked on steam for standalone purchasers/season pass owners?

And was it region specific or did it unlock at once for everyone at a certain time?

If you guys had to get a Dark Souls related tattoo, what would you get?

Aldrich's Chandelier or the full eye orb.

The dark sign over the heart is probably the most common. But the best choice is Priscilla winking on the shoulder, in front of a heart

A dark sign on the chest or on the back I guess? I would hate to have a character

isn't SL90 to high for barracks?

Path of the Dragon covenant symbol from DS1
The lines of grey and white are so damn intricate itd look amazing. Probably will get it one day

>covenant symbol
You mean the eye?

You know what i mean

the ariandel painted world, accessed via a dude in the cleansing chapel

you unlock the undead matches aka dueling arena if you beat 1 boss, and a couple of minor sorceries, some decent weapons (and the BEST sharp weapon) and a few armor sets

>Aldrich's Chandelier
The thing hes holding?
Yeah I kinda thought the Dark Sign would be the most common. I wouldnt get a characther myself as I would find it weird.

I was thinking about getting a bonfire on my forearm

This across the chest

Something something Priscilla boobs

Thinking about replaying DS3 cause I only ever got one ending.

I need a fun build idea. I don't have the dlc unfortunately.

Solaire pls, you're a worm, you have no chest

>The thing hes holding?
I meant the covenant seal.

/r/ that aldrich fanart of him being still somewhat human and ready to eat some folks

Yes indeed. Its pretty as hell

desert warrior
full caster
bowman
roman legionaire

there aren't a lot of builds out there
a lot of it boils down to "quality build, now grab literally any weapon and do what you want to do"
so just cosplay something
grab a theme and stick with it throughout the run

try a belmont run maybe, though that's less fun and more tedious frustration

Twinblades
Have someone drop you the valorheart and crow quills (they are dlc weapons but you can still use them)
any black knight weapons
60 int with the moonlight greatsword
gundyr halberd
Pyromancy builds with Onyx Blade/gargoyle flamespear
Demon fist run
Full str with an Heavy mace or a Milwood axe

I advise you to look at the weapons list of Dark Souls 3, pick one and then decides what your build will be, according to the weapons

Ah that makes more sense

Would rather get a sunlight medal

Tbh something like this would seem pretty neat

Thanks, I love it. Also looks like something off the I Am A Hero manga.

Do you also have the one that was made in black and white? He looks ay more inhuman there

It kinda looks like a concept art picture

>aldrich's dress during the boss battle is actually hair
HMMMMMMMM

This one?

No

its a single picture of him with his tail and shit, and only having half a face or something, he looks inhuman as fuck

Pretty sure you mean this one.

Infinite iframes killed medium shields in DS3. I can't remember the last time I've used one to defend from some attack.