/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 13th:
624 – Battle of Badr: a key battle between Muhammad's army – the new followers of Islam and the Quraysh of Mecca. The Muslims won this battle, known as the turning point of Islam, which took place in the Hejaz region of western Arabia.
1881 – Alexander II of Russia is killed near his palace when a bomb is thrown at him.
1920 – The Kapp Putsch briefly ousts the Weimar Republic government from Berlin.
1943 – The Holocaust: German forces liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698650453
victoria2wiki.com/Rebels#Reactionary_Rebels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to play and shitpost about my mod steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698650453

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Thank you sir

Holy shit R&I defeated

Not W&B at all

You're late.

Best type of muslim for Scandinavia / destruction of christendom play in ck2?

Looks pretty cool actually, too bad goy4 sucks

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAD

why the stellaris hate? is DW that much better?

It's not a GSG it's a 4X, there's a thread for it already.

482K Communists tasking London now....

arent all Paradox games 4x? and why it isnt a GSG? I get how its not polished enough yet but it does have potential

ok lads

Does anyone know where I can find data for the amounts and locations and professions of zoroastrians in the qajar dynasty and india/afghanistan/central asia in 1836 so that I can get HPM to put them in

You could extrapolate from the Zoroastrian census data of 1840

pls reply

Is there any way to release a nation without it becoming a vassal? I can only find a button on the diplomacy tab to release it as a subject.

Where is that

If it comes from zoroastrians themselves HPM would just say they're exaggerating their numbers like he says about christians in lebanon

Norse Ibadi Merchant Republic.

You could just release it and then grant independence

>Where is that
I made it up, sorry

This should be obvious, but you have to do some fuckery to be Caliph, too.

Oh
Well do you know anywhere else I could find this information,

I did that with Aquilea the blue province north of Venice but you can't break vassalisation when there is a truce. I just don't want to go over my relations limit for 5 years because I'm on a diplomatic idea group.

Reposting question:
>
>So, in CK2 I've had the "search for artifact" event pop up several times in various games, but I've only ever had a single event pop up that gives any progress. Is there something I should be doing that the game isn't telling me to do? Should I be switching between councilors to do the searching despite the fact that the tooltip says it'll remove progress?

>Or is this just another quest for immortality?

I'd like to get an answer to this before my current character dies and it becomes moot.

>rent all Paradox games 4x?
No they aren't.
They're like 2x

arab accent is cute

When you're at peace, there's a button on the province window near the HRE symbol that returns the province to another owner. Works for nations that don't exist anymore too. Not sure how its determined when there are overlapping cores though.

Whoever is the primary culture, if not that whoever got their core there first.

This one? I always overlooked that because as other nations I just assumed it would be giving it back to the person you won it from.

Thanks user, will give it a bash when Venetian Jews agree to peace.

>Whoever is the primary culture, if not that whoever got their core there first.
No that's not it. I've seen syrian culture province go to egypt over syria, both had cores. And in central asia I've seen a province arbitrarily change over a year, like in january it would've gone to timurids, then in december it would've gone to kazakhs.

Anyone ever seen Spain get BTFO by Granada?

A few times, usually thanks to France and no wedding
My bad, seems like a bug that it's random though.

If finding data like this was so easy, even vanilla would have it. Best I can recommend is Encyclopædia Iranica, Persée, CERN and all the classics.

m&t should really tone down rebels, they are destroying literally every ai country that is supposed to be doing good, even France or Turks.
Its retarded how after you get kill 60k rebel stack that doesn't stops their rebel faction and they still gonna start another huge uprising in couple of months

>qashqai
huh i'd never heard of them

Both Mayo and deaf in texas were shit mods in EU3, why would it be different now?

Thanks
I want to make a mod for persiaboos/zoroastraboos. I wouldn't make it very memey either, and I'd fit it in to all the stuff for iran HPM already has. Zoroastrianism after the qajar dynasty was much more tolerated and even respected by intellectuals as a sort of nationalist thing, and I think that would do well in vicky. I think how I'd have it work is that from the start there's a qajar zoroastrian oppression modifier or something, but if you reform to completely constitutional monarchy or have a revolt to that end or a republic or whatever, you can get rid of the modifier and have one that works in the opposite way, slowly boosting zoroastrian numbers and increasing militancy for reactionaries. Iranian fascists were pro-zoroastrian, so if you have a fascist revolution you can flip it to your state religion and have people convert to it automatically en masse, with the justification that the people you autoconvert are already fascist ideology, or like secularism, or something like that.
If you became a theocracy of course you'd keep that oppression modifier and you could just be like modern iran I guess.

what now

I caved in like a retard and bought M&M's

Should I start a game as Gotland and form a comfy republic without too much blobbing, or create a Kurd and form a Großkurdistan?

Last time I played EU4 was on release as portugal. Is it better now? I had fun back then dunno why i didnt play it again.

take Constantinople as Yezidi Kurdistan

play jews

that's a nice idea. good luck with that.

House of Gute mate. Build up a northern Venice.

Yes. If you had fun then you'll have more now.

Don't buy any DLCs though, pirate them =)

With peanuts or just the chocolate?

Get fucked up by the Brits in five years. GG.

Is Britain the only one capable of annexing the boer states through a decision in HPM? Or you can also do it as, for example, Germany? Do you need to sphere them?

Let's talk about Europe only and forget anyone else. So to make it historical accurate, they need to put some prestige and relation penalty for Matrilineal marriage?

make your move

Alright fuckers

I want to play some EU IV
Name a country in 1444 and name the goal that should be achieved at the end of the game

Also, how do I turn Georgia into the Koptic paradise it should be?

Byzantine Empire
leave Constantinople and convert all of Japan to Orthodox

me on the right

HEYYYY MAN

The Malinese must be Kings of Egypt

meme WE answer but you could also RP it as Mansa Musa deciding he really liked Egypt after his visit there.

Conquer Korea as Finland

>slowly boosting zoroastrian numbers
you realize had worse breeding program than jews right? You can only be zaorostrian if both your parents were already practising the faith

If you were a CK2 character, what would your traits be?

im westernized

i had trouble just making the Persaian Constitutionnal Revolt. Best olf luck with your plan

>both your parents were already practising the faith
So you cannot convert to Zoroastrian?

slothful gregarious indulgent wastrel

pretty much

That is fucking stupid. Do Zoroaster have (((Chosen People))) shit like Jews as well?

that definitely explains why it gained a base of practitioners

people that adopt religious norms like this are blind to the fact that somewhere down the line their ancestors were converts themselves

>Iranian Zoroastrians have never been opposed to conversion, and the practice has been endorsed by the Council of Mobeds of Tehran. While the Iranian authorities do not permit proselytizing within Iran, Iranian Zoroastrians in exile have actively encouraged missionary activities, with The Zarathushtrian Assembly in Los Angeles and the International Zoroastrian Centre in Paris as two prominent centres. As in many other faiths, Zoroastrians are encouraged to marry others of the same faith, but this is not a requirement.

I would be quick (I like to think), cynical, gardener, charismatic negotiator, frail, shrewd, gamer, kind, shy, winter soldier(because I was in the norwegian military for a year and had winter training). Is that too many traits?

Byzanon here, toughts on My (made up) family tree?
Ignore the mild incest

gay eunuch

why am i retarded
also, where is the name of a ruler saved? so I can change the name of my future autokrator

Yeah, this will CERTAINLY work out. What could possibly go wrong.

Probs in the save file

slothful, paranoid, craven, shy. There is more it's hard to read yourself.

Cousincest isn't real incest t. Incest pro

alright I think it will be appropriate to end my first MT game on Italian version of Napoleon becoming emperor

Any suggestions for next country I should try? I think i will leave lucky nations enabled this time (maybe random)

How do you get MacArthur elected in HoI3?

Why random? Lucky nations should be the historical lucky nations in my opinion.

Try Norway.

>try to gain war justification against Ethiopia as Italy
>all my allies turn on me and declare war
>fend off the Ottomans, Russia and Persia
>win "humiliation of the Russian Empire" because I'm still mad about the backstabbing
>Britain and Germany immediately declare war on me to try and contain me because my infamy went up when I humiliated Russia
>all my armies have 0 organisation because they were in enemy territory
>a fucking rebellion happens
Looks like I'm learning how to play Victoria 2 the hard way. If I let the rebels take my capital will the enemy stop the war because my government changes? They're reactionary rebels which is strange because I haven't had a single reform and I'm already a monarchy

There is a not so small chance that he gets elected. Have seen it a few times already.

So can the US become fascist or something?

Never played them

Nevermind I found the answer in the wiki:
victoria2wiki.com/Rebels#Reactionary_Rebels
>Remember, rebels can spawn in wartime, but they cannot enforce their demands until the war is over
So basically I'm fucked

Muh dick for that map.

What should I pick and why?

Eh you can ignore them for a bit unless they are at your capital.

I don't know to be honest. I guess you can coup them if you're Japan or Germany but I would imagine it takes a lot of time. Not sure if the fascist ministers exist in the files somewhere.

Well I need to kill them quick before the ridiculously large German and British armies get here

First you got to tell me what you going for long term with that guys lifespan.

I don't like playing scandi nations in GSG
i think i will go with something in balkans, maybe Moldavia/Wallachia or Bulgaria

We did it lads, we're finally an administrative republic. The important bonus here is the interest rate reduction, which pretty much allows me to spam loans with no repercussions, or in a way extending my "emergency chest" by about 1k ducats

what's your forcelimit?
also post top provinces ledger

He's immortal. I'm not sure what my goals are yet. But I suppose I will unite Norway at least, and perhaps scandinavia. What else after that, I wonder? Don't know. Scotland? Perhaps just Norway and Scotland? I just don't know yet.

Well if things go fine. The brits won't come and just just do shit all besides maybe navy.

Name my sword, /gsg/.

Also check it out, the demon spawn from before is even more overpowered than my qt OC.

Almost there

>Moldavia
Do that, become Romania.

I would say go for the war focus and get all the bonus from that if you can.

>extremadura

alright
not sure why romanians called their rulers voivodes but props for that because it basically means warlord in slavic