Germany, Japan, USA - Sports Car War

2009-2013 Nissan 370Z

2007-2010 BMW 335i

2011-2014 Mustang GT

I have a 17k budget, which country is the best at making sports cars? Japs, Burgers or Germans.

My wants - 0-60 in mid-high 4s. Some performance aftermarket. Mid-range torque (Need to be able to pass retards on the road quickly), reliability and >muh street cred, Year must be 2009 and newer.

Which country can into sports car the best overall.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should decide if you want the n54 335i (post 08) or the slightly more powerful pre 08 one.

I say get the BMW.

I'm a massive BMW faggot fanboy, so it'd be hard for me to go past the 335 (I'd sooner pick a 135) if a manuel version popped up.
But it's hard to go past the Moostang if you're not a faggot shill like me.

This board is so fucking gay.

I had a n54 335i two years ago and everyone here hated on it and now that they're somewhat cheaper you faggots can't get off their nuts. Fuck.

There is a 2007 335i with 30k miles 1 owner for $13k. Tempted to buy it but really hesitating because I hear of these BMW horror stories but damn the n54 can produce so much power with simple shit. I'm a semi broke college student so idk if im ready to own a 10+ yr old twin turbo bimmer. My favorite right now is a 2013 370z in my area on sale for like 16k and only has 55k miles

All wrong.
KOREA

2011-2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8

>I have a 17k budget, which country is the best at making sports cars?
Americans, but fuck the Mustang.
Camaro or Cadillac.

The Mustang 5.0

Its such a good all-around car.

>Reliable (no mods needed, even for a track car just slap on wheels/tires and pads and good to go)
>Comfortable/Spacious, a awesome grand tourer
>Fastest of the three (Remember Mustang vs E92 M3 shitposting?)
>Awesome sounding engine (5.0 DOHC 32v with 7500rpm redline, loves to rev)

There's nothing they can't do. They're great drag cars, handle great, good daily drivers, etc. You get a lot of car for the money.

Pigfat and slowest of the 3 listed. I like the looks of it but as far as performance goes its over priced.

>the majority on an anonymous Austrian bushwacking forum are poor and have realistic goals
Redundant post if the year

2013 mustang gt

>Buying a GM product thats not a corvette.

lol no, camaro ss is slower and cant see shit out of it. Stang is better If I go for muscle

I like the Mustang, but I call the reliability into question, especially with that literal chinese 6 speed manual transmission. Ford has a history of cost cutting the mechanicals which is the reason Ford's reliability tends to be hit or miss. A Camaro is more reliable.

>camaro ss is slower
No. It's dead even. Don't even troll.
And the Camaro is more reliable and handles better.
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es

stop the dick-riding. That's my job.

>335i
>Mustang
>sports car

Get a g37 instead of the 370z

What are they?

You must be 18 to post

They are nice but its just a heavier and slower 370z with back seats. And they are still price inflated where as a 370z I can get for 15k with 50k miles in good condition. 370Z looks better imo

Zs have clutch hydraulic issues and oiling/brake problems when abused. No backseats too.

Twin Turbo BMWs...are Twin Turbo BMWs. Blown turbos, wastegates, injectors, high pressure fuel pumps, etc.

The Chinese manual is the least of my worries, by now most of the problematic ones would've been replaced under warranty.

>car with a live rear axle is a sports car
>I'm the retard

lurk moar

>subjective term is dictated by an arbitrary measure
lurk less

still haven't tackled the elephant in the room of the Camaro being better at performance and reliability than the Mustang

No one cares about ur shit posting.

Just want some feedback on what I should do with my 17k. Still think the 370z is at the top of my list. The stang is still up there to but the insurance andgas may be a little much. Plus I dont need back seats im not a damn taxi. I use Veeky Forums, u faggots think I have friends?

Anyways yeah, plus The Z I may get is the auto. Heard it gives better and more consistant times.

Sure, if you somehow find a used 1LE (rare and expensive). And you're still dealing with a crap interior, WW2 D-Day Bunker-tier visibility, oil pump failures (so much for that reliability), and a bigger, heavier car.

Drive them, if you're buying a auto skip the Z or BMW entirely.

Who gives a fuck about times are you some kind of magazine reviewer? Pro-Bracket Racer?

You're wary of Mustang reliability but you're leaning toward a 10 year old N54 BMW? Dude, 335i is an entirely different level of wallet rape when things go wrong.

> Pro-Bracket Racer?
why not? bracket racing is fun af.

>oil pump failures (so much for that reliability)
wat
I have never heard of this, and the LS3 V8 is among the most popular V8s on the market.

As to the 1LE, you don't need to find one. just get a normal 6 speed manual SS.
GM will sell you ALL the 1LE specific parts.
Part Number: 23123397
About $1500 of totally worth it suspension parts.

Thats not OP. Im OP.

I said the top of my list is a 370z so far.

>I have never heard of this

So you've never heard of any oil pump issues on LSx motors at all? Or did you just blindly buy into le GM LSx swap stronk best engine in the world meme? Its not uncommon to happen, anecdotally I personally know someone who had a oil pump failure on a 2006 Corvette LS2.

>Just buy a Camaro.
Yeah I'll skip the recall

335i with the N54 if you plan to mod the cars.

Stock block can take about 1000hp with just a single turbo, injectors, and a tune.
Forget nissan.

Get a mustang with the 5.slow or the Camaro SS if you're scared about reliability. Dont get an auto SS because then you dont get the LS3, you get a LS3 derived L99.

My concerns are primarily the wastegate, HPFP and turbo solenoids.

Especially on a nearly 10 year old car, a 2007-2009 are hard to find under 90k miles. Sure it walks any car with enough bolt-ons and tunes but I don't really see me doing too much too my next car. And a Z doesn't look nearly as much as a money pit as say a 335i would. Plus 'im trying to get into something newer like 2010 or so. I would get the cheaper 135i but it looks completely autistic and half of Veeky Forums would call me a girl, it's not all about the fastest car to me but something competitive at least.

If I was trying to go as fast as my dollar would go I would get a 135i JB4 FBO hands down.

this bait is nicely disguised, in fact it is an unrealistic and shitty comparison.
>Year must be 2009 and newer.
then why go for the e9x you nobhead
>Which country can into sports car the best overall.
is this the goal post?
I'd say you can discuss germany and japan, amerifags simply can't compete since all they have to offer is the shitstang you posted that doesn't recieve 2 stars on the NCAP and looks out of it's element when taken away from US roads.

Germany, hands down.
Politely saged your shitty bait thread tho.

lol not a bait thread but ok.

I'm turned off from the BMW cause I think it will be a money pit.

The Z doesn't have much tuning potential and the one in my area for sale is a Auto.

The Mustang 5.0 is a bit over budget for me if I account Gas and Insurance but I can probably pull it off.

1. 370z
2. Stang 5.0
3. 135i/335i

In terms of budget, light tuning and livability and my personal preferences. Just wanted some feedback chill the fuck out XD

would it be a huge hassle to search for a manual z? i know the auto is quicker and i drive a dsg gti so i understand the appeal but ive also driven manual enough to say it is more fun, and really how important is 0.4 seconds in the 1/4 mile for 99% of your driving?

I mean there is one in my area at my budget in manual for w/67k miles. However its the base model and has no LSD. The Auto has Navigation, aero package and is 2 years newer for like $800 more.

I own a manual NC MX5 and know how fun it can be but I have to weigh the pros and cons, I can either get an Auto with an VLSD or a manual base that is older and more miles with no LSD.

Pic is the Auto in my area.

you will regret getting an automatic sports car (especially when there's a manual option for that model), 100% sure of this

if you want an auto to dd, get an AMG or something

Agreed, the transmission holds 400+WHP just fine.

I'd go for the mustang. 100 more HP than the Z, high revving v8 sound, and no FI issues

Australia
Buy an ssv redline.

Not in Straya atm.

But I do appreciate the LS motors down there. Surprised the Z gets no love on Veeky Forums, its kick ass on paper and on the track. And isn't terribly too unreliable like an N54.

The turbos are the only real problem with the engine. There are two of them and thus your twice is likley to have an issue. Thats why the N55 got rid of one.

All things considered you should get a 09 or newer 335i for the lack of dual turbos and thus a hopefully easier maintence cost.

Also, the auto used in these models are great, so i wouldn't avoid it if you find one.

Mustang 5.0 is back on top of my list.

Being its fastest of the 3, more reliable, back seats and has that V8 sound.

17 grand?

Japs:
>Evo
>riced to hell and ready to blow, 300-400hp
>370z probably a better choice here, no high strung 4 cyl pushing 20 psi

Germans
>BMWs
>probably lucky to get a 300hp I 6 thats old AF

>Burgerstan
>mustang GT
>~420 HP rating, 400+ with bolt ons
>Termi
>390-600whp for 17k
>c5 z06
>360whp to 450 after cam and bolt on

Hmm, so hard to decide here

I'm no euro expert but I know the n54 in the 335i can make tons of power relatively easily so its pretty obvious you just pulled that out of your ass

They do, simple bolt ons and tunes can pout it past 400whp easily.

But remember this is gonna be my only car and im not about to own a chipped twin turbo bmw as my only car, im just asking to be in financial ruins if I do that.