/bmw/ × BMW General

B a y e r i s c h e
M o t o r e n
W e r k e

Previous thread. ↙↙
Let's have a good old /bmw/ thread once more.

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m3&radius=100&zip=34291&sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&isRecentSearchView=true#listing=172492763
washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/6056421883.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To start off, I got a Renown 130R Motorsport Competition that I'll install in a few days.

If anyone is in need of a wheel, I highly recommend Renown. Wonderful quality and sharp looks.

I'm fitting it on a Momo 2008 hub.

Everybody—googlecarfag, davis, dodek, heartbreaker, GS400guy, et al.—get in here!

Gotta change that ricer air filter, i know.

What in the heck is that paint colour?

Achatgrün Metallic, my friendo.

Well alright. Looking forward to the "not a real bmw" comments or whatever.

My E36 motor overheated. I'm selling it to a buddy for $600, which I will use to repair the driveshaft on my broken E34.

I love this fucking car

fuck any nigga who dont appreciate the E92 M3 senpai

looking to be a dangerously cheap 3 or 5 series in the next year or so; wanna start actually working with cars as i'm a uni freshman and been lurking for a while; is diy on a bimmer fun enough to pay for?

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m3&radius=100&zip=34291&sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&isRecentSearchView=true#listing=172492763

would you buy

shameless bump i need to know Veeky Forums

>in the next year or so
>can't wait five minutes for a reply

Well, I can't say you will ever be a 3 or 5 series, even in a year, but if you buy that one you can at least own one.

335i is a good one. That one looks pretty clean, so the quite a few miles on the clock might account for the price... until you read the review saying it has been raped by rust.

I can't speak for DIY on E9x, but on E36 it is a cinch.

Seems all the residents have died off.

I'm going to look at 2 e39 540iA's next saturday. i know these things can be money pits but I want one before owning a v8 becomes a midlife crisis thing. (Dutch fag btw so yeah driving a v8 is not a common thing for people with an average income) If things don't go well I will still look for e39's around but I might go for a e38. classy looking things.

Do you have that without the text? I love that historical progression.

BMW blows dick

Nice buying overweight underpowered understeer trash that has lowest reliability and highest depreciation.

But you already know that since the trash overheated probably at 3 grand rpm lmao

Get fucked idiot

lol so much made up BS with no facts.

kys poor fag. Go back to the Ford ST thread.

Wasn't the E34 considered one of the most reliable luxury cars of all time?

I sold my M20 E34 two weeks ago to some frenchman for $3500 and I regret it every day.

I'm tempted to get an E39 but they just don't have the same presence.

The E39's are majestic as fuck. They might not have the same presence but they are comparable. They also look quite fresh for an over 20 year old car

ya super reliable with engines dying at 3k rpm

still waiting on my wheels to take some real pictures

can anyone recommend any good bmw project cars? Something not too expensive and easier to work on. I've been thinking a 2002 or an e30

I drive an automatic e60 528i
am I worthy enough to shitpost here?

why were you in Berkeley, op?

Ehh, my old beater 520 E34 had 590k on the clock and hooned just fine. Used it as my winter drifter for sometime with no problems.

Why wouldn't you be

kinda old pic but it's alright. difference now it's tiny bit lower, manual swapped, and theres a heckspoiler

Ever since I swapped it the exhaust seems to droop in the middle since it isn't touching the trans hanger. This make the exhaust tips tap on the bumper every once and a while. kinda just ignore it for now. idk if i lost the transmission hanger part or what. i remember unbolting it vaguely

anyways was probably just going to wait until I buy the other midpipe (no cat) or have one made then figure out the hangers then.

Loving the E46 for the time being. It's only the 2.2 litre, but it's fun. Can't really see myself driving any other car even as I start making more money in the future.

It's also fairly easy to fix yourself too. Going to fix the infamous subframe cracks when I get home from work, or die tryin'.

And when I already have the rear parts out, why not replace the rusted exhaust? I can't argue for that apart from saving time and money short term. And the welder will also be at the table, the trunk stripped, so frame stiffening seems mandatory.

But winter is only 5-6 months away. I need a LSD, naturaly, but why stop there? Adjustable sway bar and camber-rod-things seems to make so much sense as well. And one day in the foreseeable future when I wrek the car into some ditch, it's just a matter of salvaging whatever parts I can, and start over again.

Owning a fun car I can actually afford to loose is absolutely halal.

Family, but perhaps I'll get to punch some Antifa while I'm there haha.

2002 would be dope!

I might have the PSD somewhere still. I made it from scratch. I'll look for you, user.

That's the thing about shitposting, it is a job that there is no experience needed for.

Says who?

The E34 won various awards for reliability and is considered one of the most reliable luxury cars ever made.

I have 10 to 15k to spend on a car, looking for a sporty manual 2+2 to buy. What BMW Veeky Forums?

>make bmw great again
>rice diffuser and $500 coils

seems legit

this
>le artsy camera angle
>instagram filters
>riced out E36

All of the worst parts of BMW owners

It's also one of the best looking luxury cars of all time

Even the interior looks great.

You're in luck!

I'd never put cheap coilovers on a car.

What is Lightroom?

I love that slightly slanted center console. It's like you're being lovingly cradled by your BMW, keeping you safe from all those üntermensch and poorfags on the outside

>waste money on expensive suspension just to ruin the handling by lowering it anyway
that's almost worse desu

Always wondered why the E34 dash was slanted but the E32 one is not

Why is it so fucking hard to find a half way clean e91?

Wait, never mind. Went to check and both my E38 and E32 have slanted centers too. Not as heavily as on the E34 as it seems to me or it just looks like that due to being larger in general.

lol my buddy works for renown, got mad when i asked him which company made the best renown knockoffs.

FIX
IT
AGAIN
TONY

I hear you, but that was angled up a driveway for the photo. The suspension is TÜV legal, it doesn't sit that low from level ground.

Pretty much everybody with coilovers that aren't stance oriented—such as Broadway Static—ends up at the height I am at.

Scott? I love it even though I can't even put it on the car yet. I didn't even know there were knockoffs yet.

>park your shitbox e46 328i next to a 325i to assert your dominance
>come back outside and a pristine 330i ZHP is parked next to it

The fact you even know who broadway static is offends me.

>The Vehicle Dependability Study, now in its 28th year, examines problems experienced during the past 12 months by original owners of 3-year-old vehicles
>3-year-old vehicles
>3-year-old
>3

yes..super reliable at 3 years old. at which point the lease ends and its back for a new one.

They make stuff from Fortune Auto. I know cause I was considering both in the past. I am not ripping on them, I'm just saying people who get them often aim to make their cars slammed, which you can't get from stuff like KW, ST, Bilstein, etc. I hear their swift springs are very good.

>tfw you've never seen a ZHP
Are they really that rare?

Well I read that wrong, but the point is I did plenty of research before making a purchase.

No fuck off, all they do is shitpost and attention whore

My clown shoe has failing clear coat and I'm thinking about just getting a wrap.

Whats everyone's opinion about wraps?

Who the fuck wants to tell me how to properly adjust E92 sport seats? The best configuration I've gotten was somewhat comfortable with minor sciatic pain/mild tingling, every other configuration I've tried was either moderate/heavy pain and/or rather uncomfortable

I've read a million guides for setting seats and they didn't help

I might buy an E21 tomorrow boys, 1982 E21, "mechanic's special", don't know what's wrong with it yet. I have a driveway, tools, and a dad that knows cars. What's it like working on them? I really want a project BMW to rebuild and call my own, and this one is flawed enough to be an affordable and fun project, but together enough that I don't have to get any bodywork or annoying shit done.

Selling my E39 540i because I love it too much and the EM PEE GEES are starting to cost too much. Plus I'm moving back to Europe from California in a year or two and I want something that I can take home. No fucking way I can feed a V8 in Yurop.

Hey man, Hungari-user that lives in Cali here. I currently own an E39 540i.

Basically, it's not easy to work on but it gives a fair return. The thing pulls, it's comfy, it looks good, feels good. As I mentioned in a previous comment (didn't read through the thread all the way before posting so sorry for the double post) I'm selling mine because I'm 20 and moving back to Europe soon, it wouldn't be worth taking it back with me and doing all the paperwork just to drown in gas prices, but if I had a good source of income locked down I totally would. It's an amazing car and I wouldn't see myself selling it if I was wealthier.

>make BMW great again
this is something I can support
I miss the days when BMW was BMW and not some generic bullshit. I'm talking about the E34 years.

>540i
Are you the guy who gets tailgated even when driving the speed limit?
Also is it easy to take the car with you when moving to yurop or what?

>tfw fielding two V12 and one V8 in yurop

What are some features that the E46 have that the E36 doesn't?

Aside for fancier electronics and more advanced vanos, not sure if they're on I-Bus like the E38 is

Might just do that by buying one.
I was looking at a Mercedes Benz but apparently some dealer fucked a guy out of one during a promo.
Fuck that noise.

I always felt Mercedes was really behind design wise, especially if you look at their 90s output which looked extremely dated even when it was new.

1995-2009 was Mercedes' dark age
They're experiencing a renaissance

Bought one of those long dangly bendy magnet things with a 4 claw grabber in the end, also some cheap led work light, pic related never again.

>zionsville cooling kits
are they a meme?
or do they actually increase performance and massively increase reliability?

Stop misusing the word meme
They're just well advertised claptrap. Unless your car is substantially modified and the stock cooling system is no longer sufficient, you have no need for an $1,100 radiator and fan "kit." Your car is in all likelihood nearly stock given what I've seen in this thread, you may as well literally flush your money down the toilet because any cooling issues you are having are because your stock shit needs to be maintained.

Fuck dude if anythibg thats literally one of the last real bmws

sad days for me
someone hit my bimmer with a riced e36 and ran
filed a police report, hopefully will find him

Bummer. At least your bmw is a common basic model and the parts will be easy to find and cheap

ya it's fixable but the repairs will make about 8% of the cars value
a (used) dynamic xenon headlight alone costs roughly 300 yuros

Your headlight looks like it will just buff out (not spouting memes, just saying it doesn't appear to be damaged just scuffed)

>Stop misusing the word meme
he isn't though

An overpriced piece of equipment sold to BMWtards is not a meme just because it isn't necessary to most of the people who buy it.

>if anything thats literally one of the last real bmws
top kek
I hope BMW has a renaissance like MB did though

the headlight glass is surprisingly tough as it didn't break but the case is shattered. the xenon block is still good though

It is a meme, people buy it because they get fall for the meme spouted by their fellow retards

Unless your name is Scorpion and you just moved here from the desert, we really shouldn't expect to see much more than a Mishimoto on your car. Or if it is a track car, but under normal driving conditions there is no need for something so beefy.

I mean, I don't laugh at people running $5k clubsport coilovers on the street, but was it worth it?

Mein Hero! Thanks a lot, user

personally i'm not interested in the full kit i was just fishing for opinions on it.
the most i'd be willing to get is their aluminum fan shroud +coolant expansion tank, since the CET is the most oft-to-fail thing on there. They have a spal fan kit with two speed wiring for $256 which seems extortionist but an electric fan conversion and aux fan delete is a good move in general

ay

oh hey

less fun but also mine

Why design the airbox like this after the restrictors? Why not make it more icecone shaped right after restrictors? Rules denie that?

Are you trying to say that you know more about fluid dynamics than the engineers that design a race engine worth more than every car you've ever owned put together and multiplied by 5?

Is your exhaust meant to hang like that or is the rubber failing?

Don't know if you've done it before, but go with oem hangers—other brands I've tried were crap.

No, I'm simply asking for reason behind the design.

A bit

It's the Dinan V1 exhaust, it literally won't go higher. I'm considering hacking it up and buying a Dinan v2 exhaust for it as I really hate how it looks. Really regretting selling my Supersprint right now.

e92 was the last great 3-series generation my dude

damn, love this!

any br/o/ here used remus exhausts before? thinking of buying their e92 kit. pic relatido

Thinking about buying a late model E36 M3 with around 100k miles give or take, for around $10-12k.
Would this be a reliable daily driver that wont bankrupt me or have me constantly chasing and fixing little problems? This would be a US spec M.

Also, there's a 1JZ swap E36 M3 near me that I'd love to own but feel like it wouldn't be dependable. Anyone have any experience on this type of stuff, DDing engine swaps etc?

>US spec M
They have roughly the same power as a 328, so get one of those instead. A 328 will cost less to maintain too.

No. I have the money for an M, and if I cared about straight line speed I wouldn't be buying a USDM E36 M3.
And please don't try to argue that the 328i handles as well as an M3

>have the money for an M
>dont want to be bankrupt
well which one is it fag

Buy the M3 then.

It's an easy ass car to work on and parts are cheap as shit
If you're in Socal I can help you with the shitbox
Nah don't buy a swapped car, by any chance is it a red one though?

It's a figure of speech.
The question wasn't 328i or M3, it was if the M would be reliable and not leave me stranded or not start up one morning etc.
Thanks for the actual info, and no I live in NJ and the car is Titanium Silver.
washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/6056421883.html
Don't like the carbon hood or wheel but none of that is permanent and that price just seems so good...

> W58 trans
hahaha fuck that shit man
I wouldn't pay 5k for that shit especially silver of all colors