Have you ever driven drunk

Have you ever driven drunk

Several times. Never caught, never injured anyone. Never will do again tho

i always drive drunk its too much fun i cant stop it

The real question is, have you ever driven sober?

No but I tried texting and driving once.

That was probably the scariest thing I've ever done. How people do it so regularly blows my mind. I don't even use my phone at red lights if I can avoid it.

I've driven my car from the train station home pretty tipsy twice. Inched it home at like 40km/h.

I regret it though, drunk drivers are absolute degenerates.

Sometimes when I'm walking past my car from a night out I'll just sit in the driver seat, lean the seat back and listen to some tunes. It's max comfy.

I almost got charged with a DUI once when I was sitting in the passenger seat of my car with the car running waiting for my DD.

>America
>Even when you do nothing wrong you still get raped

that beer just straight defying gravity

There was a report on the radio about a study that said only 10% of people have the ability to text and drive.
The rest are basically high risk because they can't focus on both tasks or don't have enough brain power to have both tasks handled safely.

I take it police officers would have to fall into that 10% then

I know a guy that almost got arrested for taking a walk in the woods. He ended up near someone's backyard and they called the cops about someone stalking around their house. Cop shows up with a flashlight and finds him fucking around and asks what he's doing.
Goddamn hippie nerd says "studying the asymmetry of the trees."
Cop assumed drugs and cuffed him. Then he decided to be a smart ass about his rights and only made it worse.

honestly its not hard to drunk drive, if your fucking wasted obviously you should wait until you arnt retard tier drunk to drive but who fucking cares

if you die you die, if somone else dies, even better

No but I've driven high before. Don't do it nigga, it feels slow af

Not me, but a friend of mine.

We went out for drinks. Friend of mine was DD, but after 30 minutes he started drinking. I told him he was DD and he shouldn't drink more than 1 beer. He drinks atleast 4. Visibly drunk.

So, that made me stop drinking and order a bunch of food. I was a little buzzed, but after the food I felt alright.

He still wanted to drive, but at this point, he was gone. Friends and I literally had to wrestle the keys out of his hands because "no one drives my car but me!"

It was a shitty Corolla S. "The S makes it sporty" is what he'd always say.

Aaanyways, I got us home safely and my friends and I agreed to never go out drinking with him again as the DD. I'm not sure if I would of passed a sobriety test if we got pulled over.

He lost a lot of cool points that night.

It really isn't that hard, but people who are shitfaced think they have the ability to, which makes them degenerate.

I'm always super focused if I drink and drive. It's essentially impossible to not be over the limit if you go out drinking.

no, I don't text and drive either. If anything happened to my car because of my stupidity, I'd never be able to forgive myself.

>The s makes it sporty
Whoa user, he's sitting at whopping 138hp

I wouldn't dare honestly. I start losing motor skills after 1 semi-strong beer and a half and I like being able to drive too much. Luckily public transportation runs all night and is not too bad where I live.

I don't lose any coordination when I drink. I honestly don't think DUI should be an offense unless you are so sloppy drunk you cannot pass the motor skill sobriety test. Driving a vehicle is easy as fuck that most people do it through muscle memory and it requires like 5% of your attention.

Anyways, DUI is victimless until there is a victim. The government should be prosecuting based on harm done not prosecuting on the basis that something statistically risky. Maybe instead of punishing DUIs they increase the fines or penalties if you are drunk and then cause damage.

As it is now that it totally ruins your life is cruel and unusual especially considering you need to drive to get anywhere and the legal fiction that everyone goes to a bar stays for hours then drives home perfectly sober is a total hypocrisy.

I drive after a couple of beers once a week. I'm a little buzzed but it doesn't impact my driving at all. Focusing on driving sobers me up faster than anything else, too.

Yeah, one time

We were spending time at our summer cabin with my brother, there was something of a village party going on at nearby lodge. Went there with my car. There I drank few beers, had real good time without really thinking about it. We met up with some people and thought it was good idea to go to a bar in the village afterwards, so few more drinks there. Then car full of people with even more drinks and wine while driving to our summer cabin. Sauna, beer and swimming troughout the night, and during early morning hours my brother drove one girl to work with "same eyes" from the night before.

Fuck we were such idiots. Swore to never drink and drive again, and never have. This was 8 years ago.

What's your favorite road beer?

I like the way you think

One time, the morning after. In a different city on a work trip and got absolutely sick on the hotel bedsheets hammered.
Had to check out, attend a meeting and fly home so staggered into the hire car. Sat for 15 minutes with my head resting against the window and my eyes closed trying to get balance.

Fired up the 1.6 diesel Holden (back when i lived in Aus) and drove across the city to my meeting place somewhere in the north. Rested my head on the seatbelt holder on my right. Couldn't focus my eyes together in one place which was really scary.

Picked up a colleague on the way too and just said I had food poisoning.

Ended up selling a 1/2m dollar project which was pretty good for my firm at the time too.

Glad to get it off my chest. Regret it but luckily nothing bad happened.

When I was young and dumb I drove while on:
>alcohol
>weed
>acid
>pills
>morphine
>mushrooms
>coke
>speed (yes, I'm that old)
>x
Now that m old and stupid I will drive after smoking weed, once in a great while.

I can 2nd that.
>booze
once I had no idea how I got home but my car was parked perfectly and not a scratch on it
>weed
still do this on the regular
>pain pills
doesed off on the highway rumble strip woke me up. Never again after that

I did alot of stupid shit when i was younger but nothing ever came of it

When I was a hardcore alcoholic I did it all the time. I would feel less safe driving sober because the withdrawals were more inebriating than drinking to me. I don't know how I did it but if you drink constantly your mind and body learns how to handle it. I was even pulled over a couple times for a light being out or an expired inspection sticker, didn't get caught. Never had an accident or ticket. Now that I put myself in rehab and don't drink much anymore I would not even drive after one beer because I can tell it effects me negatively.

I drove a few times after having 4-5 beers (which was after eating), I weight about 95kg and I'm 1m90, so it's not that much, but of course I could feel I was lightheaded and I was way over the limit. I wasn't going out or anything it was mostly after work stuff witht colleagues. The real problem is having to stop 5 times in a 45min commute to piss.

I drove home drunk every night from 19-21. Didnt skip a single day. Always drank 7-12 beers on average. Several time i have woken up in my bed with no clue how i got home and drove.
>never wrecked
>never pulled over
>been followed by cops multiple time drunk
>friends called me the DDD
>designated drunk driver
i still thank the lord to this day that nothing ever happed. I quit after a buddy of mine killed his friend drinking and driving.

Talking to older guys who had their heyday back in the 70s/mid80s this is pretty much how DUI laws were enforced in the USA. If you didn't wreck then cops didn't bother you. Apparently It wasn't until closer to the 90s that States figured out it was a good way to make money.

Yes, its expensive.

Friend of mine in high school would load up his XJ Cherokee with drunk shits and fly thru the twisty backroads sippin beers and periodically turning the headlights off around sharp turns. He had no license.

Good times.

i hit garbage bin once

>Implying anyone on Veeky Forums has actually driven before

I do it once or twice a week, often with two or three joints smoked in the past 4 hours.
I don't drink until I'm shitfaced tho but still over the legal threshold for driving.
Been doing that for more than 4 years, it's still scary everytime, especially when you see what could be a police car from afar in the dark.
Never had any issue, crossed the path of cops multiple times.
If you're even mildly hammered you're better off sleeping in your car tho, that's why I keep a blanket in the trunk just in case.

Yeah that's certainly an ideal world.

But unfortunately people are absolute cretins. I'd rather no one be allowed to drive drunk then some bogan cunt T-boning me with his Ford Falcon because he's doing 80 with a VB in his hand.

The only thing that ever truly impaired me was angle dust. My car had a broken speedo. I honestly couldn't tell you if I was doing 5 mph or 50. Besides that I feel like I drive better in an altered state. I drive like I'm in drivers ed. Complete stops, drive the speed limit, etc. I don't do it as often as when I was younger, but I feel like some practice once in awhile keeps me sharp.

yes

>visibly drunk after 4 beers
toplel

does he wear a dress too

Never. I drive high on weed all the time, but that doesn't seem nearly as bad to be honest. My motor skills get fucked when I drink, so refuse to get behind the wheel until about 4 hours have passed since my last drink.

No, but then again ive also been sober since may 12, 2012

Yes I was having an asthma attack and I was going home to get my inhaler, but since I have a really fucking good excuse I hit 105 at least twice. Its the fastest my shitmobile has ever been.

I don't drink but once or twice a year, and I've gotten black out drunk on a 6 pack. Woke up in a makeshift diaper because I didn't want to pass out on the can.

fag

>morphone
>coke
>speed
Are you implying doing these and driving is any different than driving sober?

I do. One time I hit and killed two people, but I left the scene and wasn't caught. I thank God every day that He likes me more than them and protects me when I drink and drive. Praise Jesus.

>4 beers
>visibly drunk

Were they those specialty 8-10% beers or something? Because four typical 3.5-4.5% beers is pretty much fucking nothing. I regularly do precision shit like soldering with a six pack in my system.

rekt

I once got a DUI and blew a .28. Never driven drunk since then, but before that, I drove drunk on a weekly basis. Learned my lesson pretty quick though.

yes, i actually drive better when drunk since i try been more careful

>blew a .28
wew, thats pretty high

I have, never will again.
I don't like the feeling of being drunk, so I never have more than 2 beers.

I used to almost everyday.
But, got a DUI eventually after years so I had to stop.

Yeah, you get stiffer penalties in my state after .16 too, so I got boned.

Whiskey plates?

No, but I actually got thrown in jail for two days (though I would've picked this over 100 hours of community service anyways) and randomly tested for alcohol and drugs for a year.

No it seems like a bad way to put other people at risk. I will have a beer or two and drive but if I know I'm driving I limit myselve.

Pretty wild, highest I've ever heard of is .42. Most people come in under .20, you must have been pretty wrecked, assuming you aren't a hard core alcoholic.

at least you dont have to do classes like in CA.
i got a second dui within 9 years and had to do 18 months of classes 2 times a week plus 120 hours of community service on top of 6 days jail.

i can safely say i will not be getting a 3rd

I drink a lot when I do drink. I wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic though. I was pretty wasted, but I still remember everything that happened. All the booze really took the stress out of the situation.

I did have to do classes, over the course of a month. I think there were like 4 sessions and as far as I could tell they helped nobody who participated.

Not really. I had a beer once and drove home two hours later, that's it. The worst I've done is driving only an hour after smoking a bit of weed, but it was late as fuck at night with no cars on the road, and I went pretty slow the whole way home. It's not even that bad in actuality, I have mild ADD or some shit because my mind doesn't wander when I'm high, sober me daydreams all the fucking time when I'm driving. On the two occasions I've driven slightly high I felt far more aware.

I still don't do that shit, because "I was actually more focused" doesn't make it legal and I don't like breaking the law even if I don't think it's a big deal.

kek
never ever
I have a pro driving license so if caught drunk I'd get slapped with jail time, for anything above 0,0g/L

fucking noob

Not me but
>Coming out of the local bar
>Bunch of drunk guys getting in some hatchback
>They throw it in reverse and just slam it
>Fly backwards into a concrete pillar
>Entire back of the car is bent in, top to bottom
>Drive off like nothing happened
>Remaining mates yell "your lights are off" as they drive down the road, as if that's what the cops will notice

I was entertained

I'm not sure if I have, let me explain:
>be me
>drive to friend's house to drink
>will have to crash there when I get drunk
>have slight headache but nothing serious
>drink about 6 beers
>couple of people join in later bringing DUDE_WEED_LMAO.jpeg
>start feeling like shit after a couple of hits
>headache suddenly explodes
>get sick and constantly on the edge of throwing up
>lie down on unused couch trying to get better
>throw up neatly in the toilet couple of times
>fall asleep for a bit
>wake up later feeling better than ever for some reason
>everyone goes home
>had last beer about 4 hours ago
>decide to just drive home
>feel nothing

I probably threw up all the beer now that I think about it...
*questioning emoji*

Not drunk but I once drove in the motorway after eating some filled buns, which left me somewhat sleepy because of digestion (I have issues with that).
Didn't do anything dangerous but still I wasn't driving that straight, and even saw a a red truck which sprung arms and a blue head and waved at me, it was Optimus Prime. Inside my mind I was like "Optimus (man)! how'ya doing?"Turns out it was a white truck and realizing that scared me into waking up.
Also I was getting my mom, who had sprained her ankle back to our town (2 hours from where we left). At first the stress of the situation helped to my tiredness, but then was part of what woke me up.

I have driven drunk, several times when I was young and dumb. Never got caught, thank Christ.

I pretty much hardly ever drink alcohol now, maybe have a bottle of beer with pizza once every couple of months. I have a 6 pack in my pantry that is half gone...its been there since Christmas. 2 of those beers went to cooking bratwurst too.

I just guess I 'got over alcohol. Being drunk or buzzed isn't worth the pain and the shits the next day.

We're not talking 2% yuropoor piss beer, he could have been drinking 11% + American stouts or something.

I drank like 10oz of vodka and whiskey and then drove across the campsite to hit up the pisser, recently.

Only going like 3mph, but it was dark and there were still kids around for some reason.

lol, not even Baltika has that much alcohol
besides you burgers usually drink mexican piss such as corona or american dirty water like bud light