So how many of you have actually gone to Veeky Forums meetups?

So how many of you have actually gone to Veeky Forums meetups?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15897356/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15463224/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man
zeromahouthetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only the friendless autists

I went to one, but did a 360 and drove away when I saw how gay all the people looked. It was miatas, so I get it, but I didn't think it'd be that bad.

wish I had snapped a pic though

I do. Trying to get one going in my own town. The car meets here are gay as fuck. Everyone just stands around. Or does burnouts and ruins it. If you actually find someone who wants to drive with you, it's just pulls on the highway access road. I've found some cool people but they're few and far between. I've been to the Nightwave meets and they're actually pretty fun because we actually go drive and there isn't a bunch of retards with superiority complexes trying to have the biggest dick. Autists maybe but at least they actually like cars

I want to, but i'm worried that it's going to be like a /k/ meetup.

>sees people he percieves to be gay
>he is so afraid of them he skips the meet
your running from yourself, not them

What happened at the /k/ meet?

dont eat the brownies.

Brownies and severe autism.

We had a New England Meetup last year. Not many of us but it was enjoyable. Trying to do it again this year, but better.

Here's a pic.

>brownies
please explain

NW got cleaned up a while back.

what car is in OP's pic?

The person who made them ejaculated into them, I believe.

i went to the appalachian meet

rip

why does this not surprise me at all

I have been to several Veeky Forums meets

Hows the engine swap coming along?

>going to a car meet
>meeting autistic teenagers
>meeting complete strangers from internet
To what end?

Jeez, what's the oldest car there, a 2005?

Do you guys even like cars?

You can't just buy a brand new car, MAYBE put cheap wheels on it, and drive it around like your some fucking enthusiast.

Don't you fags have better things to do than jerk off to other people's cars?

Man, I kinda miss zed.

You're right they should have bought an na Miata and attached a short ram intake and fart can for tru enthusiast cred

You can tho? A car enthusiast isn't limited to just driving old cars. My first car was a Lumina z34. Loved that thing.

I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo now. Doesn't make me any less of an enthusiast. I still love old cars, new cars, modified cars, ect ect. Car's are a passion to a lot of people and whether or not they drive a 1970's Corvette or a 2009 Toyota Corolla doesn't make them any less or more of one. Don't divide us on cars user, it's the only thing we can all unanimously agree that we all like.

I was planning to go to the App/o/lachian meetup, but then I came to my senses and realized I didn't want a bunch of kids with autism around me and my car

Shit, what happened? I was gonna go to this one but wound up spending the whole weekend working on my term paper for this graduate course instead. If the fucking thing had been just two weeks later, I'd have been in the clear to go, fucking course wraps up today.

>drive a hyundai
>passionate about cars

okay bud how much more do you owe on "your" car?

Some dude pretended to jizz in the brownies he bought
The pic didn't look anything like manspunk at all but the meme has stuck ever since.

Went to the austin Guns Across America rally several years back with about half of the Texan /k/ fags. Would do it again, my general experience with Veeky Forums meets is that as long as it's not for some godforsaken board like Veeky Forums or /r9k/ the people that turn up generally act pretty normal and sociable in person but become the biggest spergs for hundreds of miles when behind a keyboard.

>tfw no midwest meets

I'd be down for a Colorado meet. Just need an excuse to go smoke legal bud for a weekend.

Degenerate

I want a KC meet

Well that's a lot closer, so I'd be cool with that too.

Little under 7k now. I own a Charger as well, and have owned outright every other car I've ever had. Just wanted something newer that I liked. Also never done financing and figured it was a safe way to build my credit. Want to get my credit in the range of being able to eventually take a loan out on a house.

Gonna be purchasing a Foxbody 5.0 to start working on in a few months or so. Waiting for my friend to get another car so he can retire it and I can purchase it.

Night Wave meets are fucking great, they last till real nigga hours and more sometimes.

Houston, San Antonio, and Europe are the main ones for them, but they are starting out in Florida and other nearby states in the south too.

'sploded Fiero guy here, apparently my car started violently burning oil when I was pushing it in the mountains. Then it threw a rod. I just got it towed back to Ohio yesterday and will hopefully get the swap started when I finish college in a few weeks.

I know plenty of good spots in the area I'm just not sure if there's enough to get something going

AYY

Well, it is a Fiero, so your story checks out.

Where was this?

Which Night Wave meets did you attend, and/or what do you drive?

>they're actually pretty fun because we actually go drive and there isn't a bunch of retards with superiority complexes trying to have the biggest dick

Luckily I've never had to experience this at an Veeky Forums meet, but maybe we're just lucky.

Because it's something completely unpredictable and exciting. Why wouldn't you, unless you're a boring person?

That's not the point. We can jerk off to cars on the internet.

Boring. You see how boring that story was?

My niggerinos.

me

Wat is this.

hes a super qt

Only been to a mini-meet thus far, but it was super fun.

Last year's /ovg/ nurburgring 24h meet

>tfw just got my ticket for this year

god damn it exos

Haven't been to an Veeky Forums meet, but I've met a few people

Kinda makes me wish I even had close to that kind of money to travel there. I'd totally camp that out with you guys.

What corner were you at?

>that shitbox taking up two parking spaces

Boomer in the making.

We moved around during the race. Went to Hatzenbach then the red flag came out and we had a small hailstorm so we went back to camp to eat, then went back to ring circuit for a bit, after that we went out to Adenauer Forst, but we were all absolutely exhausted so we went back to camp to catch some sleep.

I went to the paddock above the pits for the finish, it was amazing. Definitely 10/10.

>ring circuit

meant to say GP circuit

I want to but too far away, so no.

Shit that's all really cool.

I watched the livestream last year so I remember the hailstorms and rain that caused the red flag.

If I were in yurop I'd totally like to go

I'd totally go but I don't want to be the oldest guy there so I probably won't

are german anons as autistic as american ones?

i was there a couple weeks ago

>nightwave
>meets
Who are you trying to fool

I might if anyone organized one here.

That looks comfy

Out of everything there, it was the most interesting.

Supercharged I believe. The guys first car too.

Yeah, two washington Veeky Forums meets

>Boomer in the making.
I don't think you get how generations work

>So how many of you have actually gone to Veeky Forums meetups?
I do because it is something different to do that is not wholly in my comfort zone. The people also go to places that I haven't driven to before.

>red miata
>blue crown vic
Shit that's an old photo, we should do another one

has there been one since then? WA meets always seem to be so small

how autistic do you have to be that meeting up with people from Veeky Forums is out of your comfort zone

is that like the only time you've left the basement in the last 10 years or what

No, not that I know of.

>I'd totally go but I don't want to be the oldest guy there so I probably won't
Same here. I'd be the "grandpa" there. I can see from past Veeky Forums threads that if anyone older shows up, people seem to think they are losers or something. While I am by no means a loser (higher ed,prof degree,home paid, car paid,well off +3M assets,etc), I admit I'd still feel "unwelcome" as I'd assume the whippersnappers are all thinking I'm the grandpa loser.

Ive been wanting to go but every time an ohio thread pops up we start arguing about were and nothing happens im at least 8 hours from any Appalachia meets and 5 from chicag/o/

I thought about hosting one myself but im not really that person i only go to local meets maybe once every 3 or 4 months but i guess alot of Veeky Forums meets are pretty spaced out

Also im afraid everyones going to make fun of my car(s) like they do if i post them in a thread so i keep to myself

Some of the community here seams really cool and from what it sounds like alot better in person

boomer is just an insult at this point.

Just like
>edgy
>reatrd
>autist
>hipster
>cuck

They don't actually mean anything anymore, just that it's used in a demeaning manner and works as an insult.

t. edgy retard autist hipster cuck

I did once. Most of the people there were cool, and we talked about each other's cars. But there was this one guy in a trench coat that didn't say anything the entire fucking time. That, and all the sperging out from the other anons that don't get out much, kinda made me uncomfortable so I left.

I was referring to how boomer cars are almost EXCLUSIVELY parks their cars to occupy multiple lanes to prevent "muh damage".

I don't think you get how generations work

>a brand new GTR, Brand new 5.0, Brand new Evo, Brand new WRX, Brand new BRZ, plus a bunch of other nice expensive cars

WTF I thought we all drove shitboxes???????????

You should go anyway. Honestly I'm just happy that people who like cars show up

It was actually a 2003 or 2006 Mazda 6

>WTF I thought we all drove shitboxes???????????

I thought we all rode the bus?

>Shit that's an old photo, we should do another one
That was a picture from the Meet that drove around the twisty roads of Mount Rainier National Park. I went that time. It was funny how no one parked at that road spur until the Meet cars did. Then all of a sudden, all the tourists copycatted and the place filled up. I guess the tourists just needed someone to show them the way. Some of those tourists came a long way. One couple from germany and some from japan who were visiting relatives in seattle.

>went to two washington Veeky Forums meets

Past WA meets:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15897356/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15463224/

The past Meet threads have suggestions for yet-to-be-tried places for future Meets. So far, WA Meets have a good long twisty drive plus "an activity or adventure" to go along with the drive. So it's a good mix of things to do.

Also part of that August 2016 WA Meet. This was the "adventure" part of the Meet that started with people first getting together at the Cabela's parking lot. As per the pattern, Meets seem to have a thoughtful starting spot that is convenient for early arrivers to both get something to eat as well as gasoline or supplies if they haven't done so already.

Night Wave ww@

>Want to go to meet in my shitbox Sebring
>Live in central Pennsylvania, where all of our roads are shit, money back guaranteed

lol do it

I've been, fun times. Done a few S/o/Cal meets in the Legacy and two /org/ meets in my tacoma

Eyyyyy

I see that Silver cutie hiding back there

Oldest is that 2nd gen Legacy. Either a '98 or '99

So ... Pretty much everone?

>lol do it

Are you going to driver over to the Black Rock City desert event this year? The area is underwater but I guess it will dry out in time for site preparation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

Picture is from this season's new anime series Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho whose main character is that guy on the bed. If you like furry characters of which the plot makes use of their furriness, then Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho is the anime for it this season. Fansubbed versions should be available on nyaa.se and on crunchyroll.

I don't watch anime and I don't like bara

Just drive out to s/o/cal like cummy does.

Oh shit there are some in SA? Didn't know. I live like three hours away but it'd be cool to make the drive one of these days

I've mostly been going to the mini meets because I like trying out different touges and the main S/o/Cal meet meets exclusively on only two roads. Regardless, they're always a lot of fun since we actually drive rather than stand around stroking our dicks talking about what mods people have done to their cars. The irl shitposting and autism exceeding critical mass is a nice bonus too.

I was surprised how far some of the people at that meet drove, I remember a couple of them came down from LA/IE.

How big is /org/ in socal?

>has there been one since then?
That one was late spring. At the time of that photo, not even all the roads were opened yet from the snow and ice. The cars and bikes were parked at a spur road ending in a closed off gate because that road was still closed.

If that was the last 2016 Meet you attended, then you missed the later ones. I think the last one was at the end of August just before the september rains begin. The rainy season is mid September to April. So it's hard to have WA Meets during both the snow season and rainy season.

But I learned to carry spare fuses with me!

It's just me and the yellow YJ, but we'll bring some friends sometimes. So for now it's two, although we have a couple more /org/ guys in LA that just haven't been to a meet yet

I've also been meaning to take the Taco to a S/o/Cal meet for shits instead of the Legacy. Just haven't been to any meets since the one in San Diego

Looking at all these pics I can't help but fantasizing about going to one. But then the glaring fact that I don't exactly own an "enthusiasts" car. Or anything remotely resembling one. I would look so stupid and out of place in my faded '96 Ram next to all these Subies and shit. Size alone.

I've always wanted to participate but I'm insecure because I only own a Focus SE

If we do one, it should be closer to the East Side, as I know at least 3 Veeky Forumstists who live in Spokane (I know 3's not a lot, but it can't hurt)

>I don't watch anime and I don't like bara
There is the novelized version of course.
zeromahouthetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-1/

>tfw french
>tfw all frenchposter here are busriders
>and even if they where, their meet will be to far away for my shitbox to go easily

I think there was a /britmeet/ once but theres no toogay in the yooukay so we'd be relegated to hanging out with the facebook crowd and doing fwd doriftos in Tesco carpark.

Is that the campground up by Crystal Lake? I didn't know you guys had done one there.

I haven't been to a meet in like 3 years, I need to come out again sometime. They always seem to conflict with my schedule in one way or another.

there are some sweet hills and brito meet goes to tracks and such.
One of the better meet groups desu.

t.euro night waver.

we should have a small Connecticut meet.

Not sure how many Veeky Forumstists are from CT but I have seen a few