Bought used car from the dealership

>bought used car from the dealership
>radio wasn't working when I was driving it but everything else about the car was spotless
>they said they'd get the car's radio fixed for me, free of charge
>was a dumb faggot and didn't get it in writing
>now I'm waiting till friday to go to the dealership and get the car because they said they'd sent it to a place to get it fixed for me
>got the number from the dealership after a bit of prodding
>look up the radio repair place and while it seems legit and has good reviews, it only deals in cash and every time I try to call the place I get the "busy" dial tone until it disconnects me
I'm gonna get fucked with this radio bullshit, aren't I

Is the car still at dealer?

No, according to them, they sent it to the radio shop yesterday. The dealership is like 50 miles away and I have no transportation to get there (my parents both work all day, and I get rides to and from work with my dad). It's pretty unfeasible to drive over there with one of them just to see if the car is at the dealership right now.

Like I said, everything else about the car is great. It has good miles, it's in good shape mechanically and aesthetically, and has a very clean carfax. I bought it right there and they said they'd get the radio fixed for me- but I never got it in writing. For all I know they could be fixing the radio, but I'm worried they're gonna stick the bill up my ass. (which legally, they could do)

How long has it been there?

>all that effort and delay for a radio
fuck's sake just buy a $50 head unit at walmart or order your OEM one from ebay.

The radio shop? A day. According to the dealer, they had to order a part and it's coming in on friday, and then it'll be a simple replacement.

I'm sure the most I'll have to pay is for the part and maybe an hour of labor, but still. It's aggravating.

I contemplated that but then I figured I'd stick to my guns and see what happens. They had called me yesterday, saying that I could just pick the car up and keep it until the part came in on friday, but I got suspicious that they might try to mess with me somehow over the repair if I took the car home instead, so I told them I'd pick the car up when it was ready.

It's only been a day, chill out and wait 2-3 days before you throw a tantrum

Stereo wiring is simple, its normally just 2 fuses and pinching a few wires. If anything, it's going to make your stealership more likely to try and rip you off, since it makes you look like a nocars kind of guy.

Alright. I was just worried about the radio shop itself, because it only deals in cash and every time I call them I get a busy tone on the phone

Chill the fuck out. You brought it to the dealership, they said they will take care of it, so who cares about who is doing to work in the end. Youre not paying the sketchy radio shop, the dealership is. They wont just call you and be like "yo its done, go to this sketchy shop to pick it up and pay," you wont even have to deal with the other shop.

Just relax

>in market fo manual car
>come upon 2015 mustang gt premium package
>8400 miles
>get it for 28k
>month passes
>trade in was worth 12k
>owe 8250 on it
>dealer only sent 7700 to bank to pay it off
>trying to act like their job is done
>"well i thought you werent gonna come looking for those 400 dollars, your car was a steal man, i didn get a fair deal on it"
I dont give a shit. No one held a gun to your head to sell it to me that cheap. If he doesn't give it to me tomorrow I'm taking his ass to small claims court.

Wait what? You bought a 2015 Mustang for 28k then a month later you wanna trade it in but it's only worth 12k and toy owe 8250?

I don't understand your story

I'm not worried about the radio shop. I'm worried that the dealership will try to stick me with the bill, because I didn't get it in writing that the dealership would pay them to fix the radio unit. But I'll try to not be as autistic about it and just hope that it all works out. Worst case scenario, I get stuck with a bill that, barring anything insane, I know I can afford.

This. I read the post 4 times over and still don't understand.

He put $19,750 cash down when he purchased the car, he still owes $8,250.

That still doesn't explain what he's bitching about

Sorry. My trade in when I bought the mustang was worth 12k. Thats in the contract. At the time we guesstimated the payoff or what I owed on the trade in to be 8250. So 12000-8250 is 3750 on the down payment.

Turns out I only owe like 7700 on my trade in. The dealer was supposed to send 8250 check to my bank because thats whats in the contract. The remaining theyd put in my savings account. But the dealer are trying to cheat me and only sent my bank a check of 7700. So the dealer owes me like 400 bucks. Their excuse is that I got the mustang for too cheap and they should keep the 400 as fair

Fuck them. Firebomb their dealership if they don't, kek.

>got the mustang too cheap
Lol that's their problem

The average mustang owners literacy everyone.

Sounds like he traded in a car he owed money on, but the dealership didnt fully pay off the loan to the bank like they should have. I dont know though, that post makes no sense.

That's absolutely wrong and highly illegal

Not only did they break your contract but they blatantly stole money from you

You get a lawyer to threaten them into giving you your money back or you're going to court

That's exactly what I said. A deal's a deal. He shouldn't have sold it to me that cheap if he thought it was a bad deal. He started making excuses like "oh i bought a 2016 with the base package automatic and 40k miles for 30k. You got a steal. Let me keep the 400. Or meet me halfway at 200"
I even left a good yelp review when I first bought the car. I'm about to change it right now.

Dude I remember when you made the thread I thought salvage title or some shit, you came up on those poor mongoloids

Nah the car's clean. Ran the carfax and everything. I think the guy was high when he sold it to me that cheap. But that's not my problem.