/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 13th:
624 – Battle of Badr: a key battle between Muhammad's army – the new followers of Islam and the Quraysh of Mecca. The Muslims won this battle, known as the turning point of Islam, which took place in the Hejaz region of western Arabia.
1881 – Alexander II of Russia is killed near his palace when a bomb is thrown at him.
1920 – The Kapp Putsch briefly ousts the Weimar Republic government from Berlin.
1943 – The Holocaust: German forces liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/5ywsrx/hmp_korea_has_38_of_its_population_as_slaves/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, I'm a based and white Anglo-French empire, trying to reclaim the territory both had at their height. Any land owned by one or the other at any time in history is rightful, any land not owned by them at anypoint in history isn't.

There is literally nothing wrong with this thread.

La Plata

>when the R&I post gets deleted
What the fuck?

>disco La Plata
yeehaw indeed

Does the Break Alliance diplomatic action lie in EU4? I've save scummed five times but it keeps getting rejected despite it saying yes.

>based and white
>not white and based
also
>ignoring my advice on allies
>wasting favours with portugal when you could be taking the american colonies from spain, france or holland
lastly
>that much overextension
Hope you like Oliver Cromwell leading some fetishists against you and winning

based la plata poster

Agree x 1

if you mean GP breaking allaince
You know it will say if they're willing to or not
if declaring war
its eh
if you are a used negroid cock sleeve
probably yes

Wheres Babylonbro and his next playthrough

Where do I download the mod mentioned in this reddit post?

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/5ywsrx/hmp_korea_has_38_of_its_population_as_slaves/

Are we number one? The councillors are in Somerset to make the vassal there leave the 'give council more power' faction, which the Earl of Kent is somehow leading whilst in exhile having survived my murder plot for 10 years at 50% plot power
And by #1 of course I mean how well am I doing for the (((current year))),, also just married off second daughter to heir of Frankish throne,she's nowhere near as good as the first daughter with stats tho
Up your ass and round the corner

I'm England trying to get Tyrone to break their alliance with Scotland. The bar tells me they will accept but as I said it keeps getting rejected

finish hitlermod

>Upcoming EUIV v1.20 Patch and M&T v2.0
are you ready
i just want to see improved performance and genociding population through razing cities mechanics

Steamcordplaza use white and based, I'm not Steamcordplaza so I don't, but I do want to acknowledge my empire is both based and white.

>>ignoring my advice on allies
I keep telling you, lad, Bahmanis fights better. When I liberate all of Bengal and Janpaur I'll turn on them.

I have Diplo ideas and will have imperialism then, so I'll take a shit tonne of land and create a "East India Company" client state and later annex said client state.

>>that much overextension
j-just until i core it

>Hope you like Oliver Cromwell
Already dead.

>leading some fetishists against you and winning
Those fucking nogs rise up every year, gun beats spear though.

That's a good goal and I wish you luck with it lad. I think UK's height was after the end of this game though, no?

In either case please keep posting your progress with screenshots. There is at least one lurker here interested.

I heard that Realpolitiks came out recently, anyone on here play it yet? I'd assume /gsg/ hates it because the battle system is even more abstracted than HOI4, but maybe there's some redeeming factor in this game I'm not aware of?

post a FULL screencap, no cropping

leave Ireland alone m89 what have they ever done to you the fucking Papists are alredy raping their kids

I have never understood how this game works. I tried blobbing in it, but the mechanics of the game seem to be very against blobbing (ruler died and my kingdom got split into pieces among my spawn). Am I just playing wrong, or is this game supposed to be Autistic RPG Adventures and not actual grand strategy?

I might pirate it at some point, deck based combat or not. My secret desire is a really intricate modern day simulator where you can sandbox with realistic consequences.

god wills it

fugg bahmanis just broke alliance

Yeah, EU4 is just a blobbing simulator so unless you want to blob there is literally nothing to do.

>modern day simulator with realistic consequences
so, declare war on someone then get bombed and sanctioned into hell?

Blobbing is only something you should do if you got too many inbred family members that are hanging about your castle annoying you.

The game is about your dynasty first and foremost. Having loads of land is only a part of what makes your dynasty great.

>a really intricate modern day simulator where you can sandbox with realistic consequences
You should check out Superpower 2 (it's even in the OP image)

>ruler died an kingdom split into pieces
That's because you had gavelkind succession on which breaks it up, if you have primogentiure on then the first male inherits all lands. Just play as wessex, post here and I'll help you, it's actually not that hard. It is GSG for the fact of how inheritance works, and how much buildings cost, also border gore exists

There's no right way to play it. You can play it as a role playing "palace intrigue" simulator, you can play it as an autism game of the "optimize these stats" variety, or you can play it as a map painting simulator, but you will need to make different gameplay choices to achieve any of those things.

In your case you'd need a succession law and a dynastic structure that suits blobbing. You could try seniority if your dynasty isn't too big, or primogeniture if you can manage it and have plenty of heirs.

Is Dark World really the only one?

It's really boring.

Putin springs to mind. No bombing and the sanctions didn't even dent Russia.

thanks man, going to check it out

I hate the Knights so much. Gave them 5% missionary strength and -10 tolerance of heathens and then took over all of Antilonia and they only expanded 5 provinces in the next 100 years in observe.

>the sanctions didn't even dent Russia

Is HPM still in development? Should I start making a minimod for it with all my great ideas?

>vento

>It's really boring.
What made it boring?

what mods are you using?

Do it lad, be the next alex sandro Grandi.

Look, I'm not here to argue about IRL politics but sanctions don't seem to work on Russia or N.Korea now that I think on it. Not sure on Syria or Iran but probably them too. They don't seem to get bombed either and the original point was about bombing and sanctions.

>Went from almost zero to even closer to zero
Wow, worthless is still worthless, who'd have thought.

In light of Bahmanises treachery we've decided to expand the Anglo-French Indian army to 80 thousand and ally with Mewar, who is also allied with Bahmanis, to keep the peace.
Just ToT map mod.

Yes it is, he posted the changelog a few days ago.

Why does this happen? I've spent hours focused on Britain trying to unite the Anglo people under one flag and I zoom out to see this shit.

Poor Cecilia was assassinated by some power-mad faggot, and now the empire has been passed to her disturbingly ugly daughter. Though luckily it seems the mud genes haven't passed onto her heir, who in turn is matrilineally betrothed to my new empress's niece, who carries the blood of Kraka's white, strong, late older sister.

The blood shall be purified.

never play pre1066 stamford

Guess I'll reinstall and try again, thanks for the advice boys

liquoria is an outdated shit game and anyone who still plays it is an autist scared of playing superior gameplay experiences like hoi4

k lads

Those shitheads will rival you even if your country is on the moon.

>playing as wessex
>expanding beyond the river before the end oof the vikings
Can I get a wew lad?

one drop rule, senpai

thickk
convert to islam

3/10 not enough liquor menes

Which form of Christianity in CK2 is most similar to Calvinism?

also Germany is a caliphate

jewish

>Why does this happen?
That happens in early start dates because most of Western Europe is united under a tenuous rule at the start of the game. Soon enough it's bound to fall apart, leaving vassal dynasties with holdings scattered all over the former empire.

Waldensian

Where did all those titles go

based and white
convert to islam and help them salam brother

Stop telling people to convert to islam.

>expelled jews

Most went to Kraka's niece, and the rest to her younger brother. The empire was formed during her mom's reign so there's a lot of chaff getting sorted off to the other children.

Lollard

what culture is the wife

>muslim vikings

epic my friend

simply epic

which one :^)

dont play early start dates, the game gets bugged when you enter vanilla start.

german's wife

Bugged how?

>impyling HRE borders were not the greatest borders ever

>Why does this happen?
Because everyone was waiting for Charly to die =)

the wife on screen not the secondary wives

>it actually makes sense

Picked this one because the wikipedia page mentioned Calvinism.

>byzaboos say he wasn't a roman emperor despite doing the key thing all romans did
using tertiary sources
WeW LaD

Alright boys lets play some KR
Who should I play?

Do you have a better suggestion?

if there was hussite it would have been even better

>byzaboos say he wasn't a roman emperor despite doing the key thing all romans did
Probably because he didn't larp as hard as they did.

Proof's in the pudding though. Everyone's heard of Charlemagne. Nobody except people who play gsg have heard of any Greek niggers except maybe Justinian or - hilariously - Theodora if you played Civ5

Looking at Waldo himself and comparing his beleifes to modern calvinists,also looking at calvinists nootes at the time of how they thought their schism was related

Levantine

i remember learning about theodosius (walls) in one of my history classes and our nation had pretty much nothing to do with byzantines

>nation
Let me guess you're American or for some fuckhole and learnt English with American TV rather than British Television

Stellaris is a grand strategy game

you got that right
british/scottish accent is fucking horrible when you compare it to how americans sound like

>for some fuckhole
>learnt
Let me guess you're American or for some fuckhole and learnt English with American TV rather than British Television

Finally finished mine.

[generic insult]

Charlemagne era fucking blows unless you play as the big cheese him self or want to steam roll over a scattered and weak europe as the vikings.

>be Ireland in CK2
>the black death is slowly spreading my way
what do?

So how do you turn into a republic in Meiou and Taxes? Burger revolt or something?

>le briton trying to cope with irrelevancy
it will be truly hilarious once scotland disbands your shitty union

Don't kill cats if those events pop up

embrace lucifer and stock up on mana

>not building hospitals before hand
wew lad

>scotland disbands
>becomes our mexico
>massive strain on NHS gone
What's the problem?

Amazing