/ovg/ - Do a loop, cunt Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/5H7zgPd
discord.gg/BwkTc8m
discord.gg/0aX08k5fFPUFIiRv
youtu.be/qanRTKDUoFE
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sCfbPcNIQ2M3dVODYxSndvZzA/view?usp=sharing
imgur.com/a/7EVzu
youtube.com/watch?v=XteVy1ZbdWY
youtube.com/watch?v=VhNRweaZEkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rf1 will be the saturday series game for another decade

dubs dont lie

So I've heard FFB in forza horizon 3 is shit, and that turned me off from buying it. Is it actually that bad and how does it compare to AC and beamng?

Why the fuck did you make a new thread

well my experience with it was that it was hot garbage and went back to using a controller.

however i did have to use an app called uniwheel to even get my dfgt to work and that may have caused some issues

>bmw
>on the towgæ
REEEEEE

That pretty much goes in line with what others are saying.

Btw which Akina map is that? Looks a lot better than mine

We are looking for Forza Horizon 3 players.
Want to find out who are the top FH3 players and willing to race against us on our turf. This is a challenge to Veeky Forums, our main classes are A & S1.

If you are interested for some competition, hit us up on our discord.
discord.gg/5H7zgPd

I know our Sonic member would love to have a chat with you.

It's fucking awful. There's a demo (at least on PC) if you want to try. It also runs like dogshit and stutters for me. Definitely avoid it. I know they wanted a simcade balance but they ended up with some truly alien handling.

We are looking for CS:GO players.
Want to find out who are the top CS:GO players and willing to fight against us on our map. This is a challenge to Veeky Forums, our main strats are twinkie boosting & A rushing.

discord.gg/BwkTc8m

We are looking for Call of Duty players.
Want to find out who are the top Call of Duty players and willing to fight against us in the Call of Duty Olympics. This is a challenge to Veeky Forums, our main strats are getting shmeeked & grilled cheese blogging.

If you are interested for some competition, hit us up on our mumble.
mumble://mumble.get-good.net?title=/ovg/%20-%20Get-Good.net&version=1.2.0

We are looking for TF2 players.
Want to find out who are the top 8 TF2 players and willing to fight against us on our map. This is a challenge to Veeky Forums, our main strats are AFK botting & roster bench riding.

discord.gg/0aX08k5fFPUFIiRv

>PCars has shit physics with no drifting, but great immersion
>AC has great physics, but feels lifeless and sterile
>iRacing is expensive and tryhard

Is there something better?

>tryhard
wtf does that even mean

just wait 20 years where we can perfectly simulate reality and we can all build and race cars together in vr

Is the Need For Speed reboot any good now that they added a manual option?

no the physics still suck and the cars suck too

Suggest some shitboxes/Jap sports cars in FH3 that can be upgraded to X class or S2/998.

Shitboxes:
>Chrysler 300
>Fiat X1/9
>Foxbody Mustang

>Mazda RX7
>R33 GTR (either normal one or Nismo LM one when you have the DLC)
>RX8
>Evo 9

>t. someone that hasn't played FH3 and doesn't know how the PI System works in that game

Is iRacing the best simulation? Is it genuinely good for learning to race and the intricacies involved?

No
No
No

We cannot perfectly simulate reality. Reality will crash and end because we got to the end goal

we can get it accurate enough to a point where the human mind cannot notice a significant difference and hope the dudes simulating what we're doing won't shut us down

It's already happening
youtu.be/qanRTKDUoFE

Nice try. You're going to low priority memory for trying to dupe the simulators

I wonder if there are any VR only sim racing leagues yet

>Newly updated Luccaring soon (™)
ye
>Newly updated NSX soon (™)
yeye

>I'm going to change the model lineup a bit. I decided to include Acura NSX too.
>This means that there will be about 4 models:
>(US-SPEC) 1991 Acura NSX
>(US-SPEC) 199? Acura NSX S1 (haven't fully decided yet, but plan to have body color roof and different wheels)
>(JDM-SPEC) 1991 Honda NSX
>(JDM-SPEC) 1992 Honda NSX Type R

>The Acuras are left hand drive, while the Hondas will be right hand drive this time. I will make graphics improvements here and there, fix the driver animations and cameras.

TS010 is on the way as well

After hearing about this hot wheels expansion,I kinda want to start getting into racing games. How do you start? Is there a basic guide of what someone needs, what good basic equipment is good for beginners, costs, etc.?

Y'see the wiki link in the OP? Click it.

play assetto corsa for ten hours with a gamepad manual transmission
if you dont like it stop playing racers
if you do play it and enjoy it, come back and ask for wheel advice

Alright good bc I'm planning on buying a wheel and pedals and playing with you lads soon

>He drives auto

Is Forza Horizon 3 a good game? I heard it gets boring when the novelty wears off but I have played gta online and haven't gotten bored after 3.5 years. I would have to buy an Xbox one just for this.

Windows 10?
Also it's lots of fun if you have people to actually play it with.

Posting again to ask why no shitbox stock car racer. I want my dodge neon to fight the dodge stealth damn it.

It's weird that I can pick up a used car, literally for free, that has 5 times better wheel, pedal and shifter feel than a 600$ sim racing whel

Because the people who want to race shitboxes don't have the money to justify the development / licensing costs. As mentioned last time you asked: mods for whatever game.

It's weird that i can pick up a used plane, literally for free, that has 5 times better stick, pedal and g-force feel than a 600$ sim flight stik

It's weird that I can pick up a used wheel, literally for free, that has 5 times better wheel, pedal and shifter feel than a 400$ BMW 325ci

$

>mfw i have a gorillion hours in AC just drifting the tofu meme car through akina, myogi, and akagi
>mfw i am literally dagumi

Why is the Canadian Rally Championship so much less popular than Swedish / other rally competitions?

>tfw almost at 4k hours

No because racing sims are trash

what a nerd

>haven't gotten on Horizon in a few weeks
>get on
>oddly long loading times
>when it finally loads it's extra choppy and I have pic related on my screen
I ran the game fine at lowest settings from release til yesterday, is my GPU kill?
Seems to handle all my other games fine, tho DA : Inquisition also has stopped working, I don't think it's related. Stuff that's graphically or CPU intensive like the Witcher 3, AC, or Viccy run fine.
Any help?

r8 my skin
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sCfbPcNIQ2M3dVODYxSndvZzA/view?usp=sharing

Apparently the update that'll come with the HW pack is gonna fix a lot of that. Wouldn't be too sure but keep your eyes and ears peeled for some info on it if that's what you want

speccy

trigger warning, my PC isn't the best.

Try to reset the game, perhaps check driver updates. Are you running the latest windows update?

Yes, yes, yes.
Issues specifically started after updating my drivers to latest version in an attempt to fix the aforementioned Inquisition issue.
reset the game? Like reinstall or delete my save data?

>92*C

I was told it's normal, and cleaning my fans this morning didn't help much.
I live in Texas fyi.

wait, I'm being a burger and thinking in F.
Yeah, that's really weird. I have a corsair water cooler too.

>what is thermal throttling

Something my ass is googling right now, one moment.

I see. Well fuck. I just cleaned it out, the water cooling is self-contained so it should never need to be changed, I guess thermal paste?

have you cleaned the fans in your computer case lately? i know mine starts to get hot and throttle when the fans get dusty

yeah that's what I meant, last night I figured it might've been the CPU overheating because it got so bad when I restarted it went into beepbeepbeep mode, so I took it apart and blasted it with compressed air. Now it appears that youtube + Veeky Forums is drivving my CPU temp to a steady 70 which really isn't right. Maybe I installed the fans wrong? Airflow is supposed to be coming from the inside out (what I did) not the outside in, right? I was tired when I did this.

>those hard drive temps

how hot is your house right now because the inside of your case is just hot

depends on the layout of your fans, on mine i have a fan in the front sucking air in, and the rear fan exhausting the air.

id check and make sure all your fans are spinning and that the cpu heatsink is seated properly

Yeah I was thinking you might need to check the thermal paste, maybe re-apply.

I'm in Texas (south with harsh and shitty humidity) and I know how hot it can get especially in small rooms.

I also Have an AIO (H100i) but damn my man.

something is wrong, thats for sure
i also live in a very hot place and have a Corsair watercooler and it doesn't go past 65ºC at full load
CPU is a i5 3570k at stock voltage

alright, thanks for the info lads, I'm going to jump to mobile while I pull it apart.

Best of luck, take your time and triple check.

posting a screenshot on an imageboard is hard

The reset thing in the apps & features control panel. It wipes the local cache data (including the save but it should be synced) and might help.

High temperatures might explain the shit performance but I doubt they would induce the graphical issues. I'm more thinking of a GPU issue, perhaps something related to what I presume is a compiled shader cache (the whole optimizing pass done on the first launch), cache that is wiped by the local data reset. Though your computer is running very hot, I play on a gaymen laptop and 98°C is the normal operating temperature when gaming, but 70°C in just web browsing is insane.

fuck off

imgur.com/a/7EVzu
better?

Well, I did everything but the thermal paste and it still runs hot so I guess I'll have to grab some first thing tomorrow and apply it, hope for the best.
Literally just dropped 60 bucks on DOW3 and it releases tomorrow so kinda bummed

it's alright.

Just a little dab of Arctic Silver my nigga and you should be in business

Wew I've been using that shit on my builds for more than 15 years

No matter what your wheel settings are the interior wheel always locks at 180 degrees and it looks and feels awful. The FFB might as well not even be there.

I'm just worried that I messed something up or even worse, that this won't fix it.
I'm saving up for a new car, I don't wanna flush my money away on my pooter atm, damnit

use mayo as a temporary replacement

Why isn't Codemasters coming back to the ultra comfy UI, music and overall feel of F1 2010?

youtube.com/watch?v=XteVy1ZbdWY

It's really the only thing that can fuck with temperatures if the rad is clean and the fans working properly.

>Me and buddy tore apart a first gen PS3 that was overheating back in 2010
>Watched a video and paused step by step
>Now to apply the thermal paste
>Don't have thermal paste
>Him: It kinda looks like toothpaste
>Put colgate on that shit
>PS3 holds up until 2014
That thing also took a fall off the table during an earthquake and the case shattered. Duct taped it back together and we were good to go.

>codemasters
>doing things their fans would appreciate instead of sucking their own dicks

never going to happen

Here's your wheel bro, you can start from grid position 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=VhNRweaZEkY

not as comfy as grid....or toca 3.

>tfw codies used to be my fave, now I kind of hate them.

I got scammed by buying Dirt rally in early access only to find out it was never gonna get any fucking content.

It has about 1/3rd of the content a full racing game should have...not to mention the online being atrocious.

>Just want to barrel up pikes peak with a mate like the good old dirt 2 days.
>only online racing is rallycross

never again codies....we won't get fooled again.

neat

also very neat but that also makes me mad because I now remember that the TS020 from Virtua Simulazioni that I've been looking forward to since forever still hasn't released yet

>try to look it up to find any progress reports on it
>only find bad forza rips and beta videos of the VS one but without the link
>can't find a thread about on any forum (I swear there were some)
>go to VS's homepage
>It used to have all of their mods and some info on their development
>now it's just their logo and nothing else

RIP

that brownninja guy posts about it on RD and the social media thread on the AC forums

Heh... No thanks bro I've got my own pro setup

You want negative pressure inside the case to avoid dust buildup. Basically more fans blowing out than in. Air in from low points of the case and hot air from top.

Changing thermal paste for your IHS and HSF are probably the best things to do to bring down your temps.

With $5 worth of paste and $30 heatsink+fan you can get old stuff like 2500k(6 year old CPU) up to 4.5Ghz-5Ghz with relative ease.

I found it to be comfier than any other game they made. Things like the little tune when you enter the race weekend as the camera pans over bits of the track, or the agent with a heavy accent. Really enjoyed the feel.

>automatic

Okay lads i managed to locate some thermal paste, reapplied it to the CPU, and am now idling in BIOS for 5 minutes so far to see (before I applied it BIOS would register up to 80 C)
What idle temp should I be looking for? At a cool 51 right now, it's been slowly rising as opposed to steadily rising

>What idle temp should I be looking for?
Your room temperature and +10c depending on your CPU. What cooler do you have on your CPU?

Corsair watercooler... I don't know the exact model, I couldn't find the box while I was looking for paste.
Small and cheaper, not a big and expensive, double fan with a radiator between.
definitely running better tho

well, running Forza is a no go. this was while I was loading into the game.

What temp do you get when you run a game?

Start to run games, keep an eye on the temperature and frequency. AFAIK Core iX series should start throttling around 100°C.

As long as you're under that and don't notice any frequency drops you'll be fine.

your heatsink isn't seated properly or something.
The only time I've seen temps that high is on HP laptop shit that gets dropped and the heatpipes leak.

Notice how all 4 cores are still at 3.7 Ghz? That means it's NOT throttling.