Will stancing get me laid?

Will stancing get me laid?

If you're into dudes and other gay shit, then yes, absolutely, it's a dick magnet.
If girls are your thing it'll make things worse.

no, no, no, NO, NO

>are you male?
>are the people you want to get laid with male?

If the answer is yes to both, I've got good news for you

Yeah faggots will flock to you.

yeap a lot of girls are into stancing
so are a lot of guys

its a win-win

Absolutely, if you're into philipinos manlets.

> a lot of girls are into stancing

Those are just NuMales.

nah

its not even surprising

stance is all about attention and women always want it

you can find a lot with stanced Hondas and VAG cars

>girl (male)

Legitimately yes, but only by girls who hate their dads.

Stance Makes Them Danceā„¢

>stancefags

I always wondered, lowering the car and cambering have their origins in tuning, right? Would lowering your car (just a little) and adding camber (again, just a little) improve handling at all? Or is it purely for looks?

Yes, lower center of gravity helps with handling. A slight bit of camber helps with cooling.

no, it decreases traction and fucks up your suspension

And I assume there's a point where their effects are greatly diminshed, right? What is the "sweet spot"?

So it's just for looks?

Lowering your car too much will fuck with your shocks and decrease their stroke length and they will not provide proper damping. It will move your suspension arms out of their proper range and their geometry will be all wrong and change even more drastically when it travels up and down.

A bit of camber helps with cornering but really only 0.5-1 degree at the most is practical on a street car. More than that and you'll be losing contact patch. Autocross cars may use a bit more.

low cars handle well on tracks, slight camber does the same. anything above 1 degree is for fucking faggots and even 1 degree is pushing the fuck out of it

Just for looks, sure you have a lower center of gravity, but it also lowers the turning radius and seriously damages the suspension, rims, axles etc.

If you want a lower center of gravity you are better of just lowering your car.

muh camber / stance fags tend to try and justify their stupidity by claiming race cars also have camber

race cars however dont have extreme camber / stance and the roads they drive on are much more flat then a regular road is

short answer no

long answer it literally just depends on multiple factors

when your car is on a track and experiencing gravitational force in certain direction the cambered wheel helps maintain traction, but only so much

>be me
>be 16
>at bowling alley one Friday with some friends
>guy in a kitted and stance BMW 3 series drives through the lot
>takes the one route with a speed bump in the entire parking lot
>front wheels up
>starts to go at an angle
>awful scraping noises from the body kit
>we offer to help push him over
>"No you kids will ruin it"
>takes 15 minutes to admit to beaching it
>we're just watching in awe
>has to call a friend to rear end him off the speed bump
>go and bowl another game

God is everyone on Veeky Forums fucking retarded?
It's almost like there is an anti stance cool aid being drunk and the information from it is just as bad as the stance pricks.
Lowering your car changes what part of the suspension curve you sit in. Depending on the car this may mean you need other mods to keep things handling well. My car will lose camber in the front as it gets lower so I will need to compensate with camber plates.
LOWERING CARS DOES NOT FUCK THEM UP UNLESS YOU GO EXTREME.
Sure with stock shocks and lowering springs it will ride like crap and burn through the shocks very quickly but you aren't damaging the car.
Lowering a car lowers its centre of gravity which means better handling. Adding camber CAN increase grip. For a road car I would go as far as 2.5 negative depending on what it is. If the camber gain in the travel is good you can run less and have more dynamic camber anyway.
Older race cars would run upto 5 degree.
Now stop spreading shit

did you even read what half the people you quoted said

Stance kids take shit to the extreme.
The picture you posted is of a car that raced with 5 degree up front. So on the extreme end of it.

Stop being so scared of camber. Stance kids run like 10-15 degree

lowering can damage the subframe if driven badly, it's just more likely not absolute.
older cars running larger camber was mostly because suspension tech was shit and tires had bigger sidewalls and flex which compensated for it when not turning
stance is just badly received because it's not just a few bad apples that get attention, but they group up and act like their way is the only way.

Did you read what I wrote?
People in this thread are saying 1 degree is the limit for a road car.
It's not.
Lots of people run around 2.5 as daily's. Stop being so anti stance that it changes what you think is right

If you have a car whose suspension geometry changes through its travel in that way (basically if you have MacPherson strut) then a. You will actually find lowering the car introduces negative camber at rest and b. Why are you modifying a compromise car instead of saving up to buy something with double wishbone that will handle better stock and respond better to mods

lol no

10 is extreme in stance

you dumb af most run around 5-8 at the most

As I said if you don't go extreme it won't happen. Literally the only times you hear about people damaging subframes is when they are either too soft for how low they are or they are too low full stop. Any 'streetable' setup won't cause damage

Because a car is more then it's suspension setup. There are many cars that drive better and are more fun to drive then most cars with double wishbones. I'm happy to work around imperfect suspension design for the other advantages that the car had

I don't like stance but the ND miata can run around 1.2 degrees in the rear before falling out of factory spec
that said, Mazda is notorious for huge alignment ranges in their specs

Yeah, nothing girls like more than a car that is uncomfortable as fuck to ride in and screams "Im a manchild idiot!"

My point still stands.
5 is exreme for a race car but worked well for particular cars.
Stance takes that to the extreme with for no good reason.

to look good obviously and get that flush fitment

this is maybe -4 and its about perfect

Factory spec is always a compromise and generally setup very conservative.
Rear camber is also almost always much straighter compared to the front

>Already driving German synthetic cancer
>Cranks up the cancer dial with more camber

The many advantages of a car that can't drive fast anyway cause you've put it on the deck as if that was an achievement

Personal preference I guess

I hate that look. The stretched tyre just looks like shit to me

I like fat tyres, smaller wheels and a racy stance. All that has to follow function though

Yeah I stanced my car last month and lost my virginity, and also had sex with 12 other girls since then

Wrong. So wrong.

I prefer my cars to move around, talk to me, give me feedback. I chose the car I'm driving over a miata because it's more exciting to drive but not necessarily faster.
Get off your high horse

that depends entirely on the car for me

pretty much anything newer than 1990 cant pull off anything smaller than 15

Where did I ever say stanced my car you moron. I prefer my imperfect non double wishbone car because it's more exciting and more involving

As long as it's proportional it looks good. I just prefer a meaty tyre to be poking out from guard

Very exciting to have to work around the erratic camber/alignment under compression, wow, bet your hearts going a mile a minute in your civic

its funny because all the good Civics have double wishbone and you look ignant now

Civics have double wisbones as far as I know so no fuck off I don't have a civic.
If you seriously think that 3 degree of camber makes me a stance fag then you really need to reaccess how much you know about cars. Go educate yourself

What makes a good civic

the ND's front runs straighter than the rear
>Front:
-0.3 to +0.08
>Rear:
-1.23 to -0.37

light weight
good engines
good suspension
aka

1988-2000

Sorry yeah my mistake.
In terms of factory setup almost all cars run more in the rear so that they understeer
Any car tuned for performance will run more in the front.
Except for maybe FWD. But I'm not sure I've never looked into a fwd race car setup

I feel like race FWD setups vary a lot based on the suspension types. double wishbone would allow for flatter alignment since there's less variance when cornering

that's legit as fuck senpai.

3 degrees of camber is far more than you need or can use in a road car. Why don't you educate yourself b

I'd make 3 a hard limit for road use, 5 maybe for track. show cars can do whatever.

On the road?
Yeah

>women
Those are called "traps," user. They're not women. And if you think they are just because they say they are, then you're as autistic as someone who stances their car.
>inb4 "hurr durr bak 2 \pol\ fegit knee-oh nawt-see"
It's just common sense and biology. Sorry about the autistic rant. I'll see myself out.

this is the most tryhard cringe post on Veeky Forums atm

Stance is for faggots

>rims poking past the tire
Absolutely disgusting.

I understand why you would want to lower your car (better handling) and I understand why you buy flashy wheels (because you wouldn't buy fucking hubcaps if you're getting new wheels) but I will never understand the excessive negative camber.

Do people not know that you'll literally get less traction than a bicycle by doing that? Are they too poor to buy a proper lowering kit? Both? You'll wear out your tires faster too.

also, what is up with this?
why do people think this looks good? it looks like you couldn't find a proper tire size from your local scrapyard. fucking nig wheels

3 degrees of camber on a car with macpherson struts that have camber loss under load and not a whole lot of caster is perfect.

May not work for your car but its proven to work for mine.

It's because the wheels they buy are too wide and low offset to fit properly on the car. So they need camber and tiny tyres to fit under the guards.

>goes through all the trouble of making custom guards to fit huge wheels
>still tilt them 30 degrees
WHY

bicycle-tier traction

>guards
they're called flares fucktard, why are you here?

>t. triggered stance fag

yea llol

If you like men then absolutely.

Which one of my cars is stanced?

>implying you own more than one

don't be embarrassed because you DD your stance shitbox, it's perfectly normal

I have 7 now lol

kek its always funny seeing these ignorant ass phil/o/s

It's a lifestyle bro you wouldn't get it.

Post more sick builds

>more positive camber under compression
Jesus Christ

the fake oil cooler kills me every time

That looks more like an external blinker fluid reservoir to me.

>literally THIS asshurt

You're thought process is the reason the 240sx went extinct

No and definitely not in a shitty civic

240SX are shit boxes whose only redeeming feature is their modability

nothing says, mature provider like juvenile mods to cars