How much do I damage my engine when driving top speed regulary?

How much do I damage my engine when driving top speed regulary?

I usually drive slow for about 15 and then floor it for about 30 minutes while reving it at 5500-6000rpm, then I drive slow for about 5 minutes.
Water temperature is fixed @ 87°C.
I change the oil in half the suggested intervalls, but I don´t have a oil cooling system.
Valve clearance is stell perfect.
Am I killing my car?

Careful, if you spend too much time writing this shit up you might miss your bus.

>le busrider meme
I drive from germany to the netherlands once and back every week.
When I drive, there is usually not much traffic and no speed limit.
My shitbox does need about 8-9L/100km when going fullspeed due to beeing a econobox only marginaly taller than a kei car.

Is your bus ride about over yet? You seem very bored, must still be going.

>defending this hard

must be hard riding the bus there senpai

Your engine is happiest below 3500 rpm

How should I proof it?
Would a picture with timestamp, and my tachometer at high speed be sufficient?

bus speedos arent that impressive m8

>Japanese sportbike:
>almost no oil carried in sump
>can be safely revved to death for 100k+ miles
>dad has some giant honda sportbike with 200k on it and no failures except for the water pump and alternator

I don't see why your 1.2l shitbox car with a redline where a literbike's powerband really starts would fare any worse unless you never changed the fucking oil, redlined when cold, and only used bottom of the barrel shit.

>1. strap explosives to the bus
Wait skip step 1, you're European so they come pre-installed for all your friendly immigrants
>new step 1: make the bus go above 100km/h or else it will explode.
>take a pic then keanu reeves out that bitch

i used to do munich-frankfurt 5 days a week. now the question i have for you is whats the fucking point of an econobox.my 530d used to do same mpg or better than yours. high speeds might harm your tiny shitbox engine, but be completely fine for a larger one.

just asked in another thread if german anons are also autistic, guess there's my answer

I can´t drive a Diesel here, since I have to drive across a Umweltzone where only cars with green stickers are allowed.
Also the small engine is the only thing keeping my speed at a reasonable level...

why not a 528i then?

because poorfag

>I can´t drive a Diesel here, since I have to drive across a Umweltzone where only cars with green stickers are allowed.

The fuck are you talking about?

Just don't drive a pre 2007 car and your diesel will have a green sticker.

It's not because the car is a diesel when it doesn't get the green sticker, it's because it doesn't have the fucking particle filter faggotry but as I said diesel cars newer than ten years usually have one and therefore get the green faggot sticker.

Indeed, but as far as I know they will regulate that shit even more here soon.

You guys are fucked...

That really depends on the engine so stop spreading this shit.

im a UK fag ith a 530d and i was gonna laugh, but then
>diesel tax that could be as much as 20 quid a day is coming up
europe

>8-9L/100km
my suv takes 8-10l/100km.
my sportscar takes 5-8l/100km
There's something wrong with your car.

And no revving high doesn't hurt the engine unless you stay at redline.

Hitting the redline occationally and driving it hard for extended periods is called an "italian tuneup" and it's good for your car.

I think that's an UK thing. Here diesel and car tax was considered and it got stuck during initial stages in the parlament and the green party representatives are bullied to this day about it.

>my suv takes 8-10l/100km.
>my sportscar takes 5-8l/100km

You're fucking talking out your ass.

He spoke about the FULL THROTTLE consumption.
A SUV or "sports car" does not consume this little while going vmax.

Aschaffenburg to Munich and back 5 days a week user here.

I dont think going topspeed does much to your car as long as you keep up with maintenance.
>E60 545i touring

Uruguay fag here. Our diesel fuel is as pricey as our gasoline, about 1.36€ a litre. And the import tax for diesel passenger cars is 115%.
Company trucks and cabs are exempt from this and only pay 5%.

Blame VW and yuropoors that fell to the diesel is ecological meme.

>my suv takes 8-10l/100km.
>my sportscar takes 5-8l/100km
Maybe coasting on the highway lel

My car usually needs 4L/100km, when I drive at top speed I need 8-9L/100km.

>itt: triggered amerifreedoms

Just start building the old beetle again

>115% tax
>paying more than double the price
Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you guys?

>I usually drive slow for about 15 and then floor it for about 30 minutes while reving it at 5500-6000rpm, then I drive slow for about 5 minutes.
speaking about the engine: wear and tear is ca. proportional to RPM squared. I'd not drive like that if I was going to keep the car for more than 2-3 years

On the other hand kei-car and small engines like that aren't very pricey to buy/replace.

What are those numbers
I commute munich-wob every week in an a4 2.0tdi that uses 18.1l of fucking diesel at 220km/h (WOT)
Average is 10.5l according to the board computer

Broke 90k km this week, no problems that I know of yet (it's my company car so I don't really care/ check)

My car is one of the most fuel efficient gas powered non hybrids and can´t drive 200km/h.
I think this guy was talking about slower speeds or advertised fuel consumption.

Jesus fucking christ user that's 800km a day
In a 545i at WOT, I suppose something like 150€ a day just in fuel?

According to euronumbers, I get 23.5L/100km

Top fucking kek.

And I bet your average speed is still lower than mine.

You don't need to prove anything to these shitposting retards

I'm sure it is, but at least my gas prices aren't attrocious.

I still pay less for fuel...

europoor here.

that's about right.
imagine, even 10l/100km is really pushing it financially around here.

enjoy your v8 madness as long as you can, bro.

we never did, we imported them from Germoney and then Brazil back in the day. We used to build Twingos and Ladas from CKDs tho.
Leftist government who made it its mission to stop the "richfags cruising the ocean drive in diesel luxury cars" basically. Actually it was a cheap cash grab. The 115% tax functions more as a prohibition. Also they had banned the import of diesel engines no matter the kind but I think that's probably solved by now. You had a bus and the engine shat the bed? Tough luck, time to rebuild it even if it's more expensive to you than a simple swap.

>a4 2.0tdi
>averaging 10.5l

>A FUCKING TDI
>AVERAGING 10.5

Dude.
But then again if the majority of your commuting is WOTting the living piss out of that shit it makes sense.

The only other way to get the average so high in these cars is to permanently commuting 2km 4 times a day every day.

You're paying less than $2.15 a gallon?

Believe me I will.

I pay 5,85€/100km

because your shitbox doesn't need much not because your gas is cheap.

A properly designed engine should have no issue with sustained high load as long as it's under red line and your moving enough air.

The only thing that can hurt an engine is going from maximum high load and speed to a dead stop. Most OEM radiator fans can't push enough air to cool a modified NA ---> Turbo engine, since the turbine housing and core adds a lot more thermal mass to cool down. I wouldn't worry about it if this doesn't apply to you though.

Don't put a lot of load on your engine while it's at low RPM. That's actually worse than the same load at high RPM. The oil pressure is lower and the piston skirts have more time to contact the bottom sides of the cylinders. At low RPM your spark dwell time is also increased, and can in some cases decrease your knock threshold if your ECU uses a variable timing table.

Pretty much what I do, WOT on the autobahn and within the week 5km of traffic light races
245/18inch wheels aren't helping with the 160€/ week expenses for fuel

heh, well at least you're having the TDI since those are pretty much made for autobahn commuting.
a v6 or even v8 would probably sip twice as much with those wheels and wotting all the time

Smaller wheels -> higher topspeed
155/14inch here

that sounds retarded
unless you're talking about the measured speed in the speedo

Less whide wheels=less rolling resitance=higher topspeed

Guess why they get called prius discs...

>twice as much
I don't know, I had a 335i n54 a few years ago and took a picture doing 265km/h (indicated) with an indicated consumption of 16.5l, don't have it on my phone sadly

I know that lighter wheels with less air/ rolling resistance allow higher speeds but 17inch is the smallest I'd be allow to mount because of the breaks, also
>wanting to fly out of a slight bend going WOT

>Diesel BMW
P A K I
A
K
I

Less wide maybe, but when you reduce radius you lose top speed. It's like using a lower gear ratio.

In my case I hit max power exactly at top speed in 4th gear.
So it is ideal.

>BMW 5 series
>d
316 is less embarrassing

I get about 20-25L/100km also, my daily is 350Z

Diesel BMWs are pretty common here in germany, you have to be fuel efficient at 200km/h.

I would gladly trade up my a4 tdi for a 520d
Comfy and fast commuting, probably even more fuel efficient, too

Your bearings will be hammered and possibly flake or crack apart and then you'll be in trouble. If the rods don't split and you don't drop a valve, you can expect the piston rings to start blowing by much earlier

Top speed would likely be higher with bigger wheels. Linear speed is the product of angular speed by radius, in pure rolling conditions (wheels aren't sliding).

>I usually drive slow for about 15 and then floor it for about 30 minutes while reving it at 5500-6000rpm
lol at regularly just casually driving around at terminal velocity.

Nope, I wouldn´t put any more power to the ground with a higher tire diameter.
That would have the same effect as my 5th gear.

>Be Miata owner
>4100RPM @ 80MPH
>Do this for hours on end
>Engine still running at 249k miles

I don't even run nice oil or anything, just SuperShit walmart 5w30 and a FRAM filter. Only had the car for 35k miles though.