Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvx8irQYYqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Just got back in town. Got this baby registered and good to go. Feels good man

Looking good homie

Thanks man. Now to just need to put corny stickers on it so I feel more cool

01 MR2 Spyder. 4500$. 150k miles. Green, brown soft top. Is it worth looking at?

Cringed

Yes

Thank you :)

Sr5 greatness

What did you do to it besides wheels and lift?

2AZ-fe reporting in
SW Washington

2007 Scion TC release 3.0

And stuff and junk

Gold.

How much power?

Decided to start restoring this 71 hilux

>hilux

wew

should of got the superior chevy luv u faggot

I like toyotas, I'm gonna get this thing done and trailer it around with my 4wd, toyota hauling toyota, that's the plan.
Also, maybe an RB or SR swap.

21lbs @ unknown due to street tune.
I'd say at a safe tune that I keep it at, 400whp.
could run upwards of 800 if tuned correctly.
fully built internally with manley rods
manley pistons, a bunch of junk n schtuff..
AEM ecu, some $$ here n there.

I came buckets :*

I feel like Toyooda and Chebby can coexist :*

sup my dude

Sup boo!

What plans do you have for it?

gonna paint it blue like pic related and slam it on fuchs, gonna bury it.
also

Finally got my seats back from the upholsterer. They look and feel amazing.

Interesting project, keep us posted with updates.

those look dope dude!

car looks clean as well

It really is, no rust and almost all rubbers and plastics are like new.

Do manual sc300/400 exist? Why not in my area? Fuck me, and fuck normies who think cvt is manual

Yes, I have a 01 MR-S and it kicks ass. Right out of the box, it's faster than a 1.8 Miata, and you can cheaply upgrade to a 2zz to make it even faster.

Just make sure you thoroughly research the pre-cats issue. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about. Do not think about buying the car unless the owner allows you to remove the O2 sensors to inspect the pre-cats.

Plan to install an aftermarket exhaust header soon after purchasing the car. You can do it yourself and it takes about an hour.

You can also remove the factory header, get out a hammer and a big screw driver, gut the catalytic converter material, and then re-install it.

'04 mrs here.
When driving check the oil burning by revving when cold. If big clouds come out you got potential trouble.

Try and get one with hard top. If you don't want it you can sell it for around 2k in states.

My 88

Of all trip fags I thought you would hate anything by Toyota

It's good but why did you go full retard and mount the light bar on the hood instead of the many other locations you have to mount it?

It looks retarded

I'm looking to get a MKIII Supra next year and was planning about 10k for it.
What should I look for and what do they typically go for?

I don't really care for their cars but I love their trucks

>I don't care for their cars
I could tell especially when you gave your opinion on the ae86 and anons got ass blasted hence why I made that assumption kek

Less than that.
The key thing is make sure the headgasket has been replaced and torqued to 80ft lbs. If not it WILL blow up on you 100 percent. Rust is obvious. Check intake hoses and cam position sensor wiring. If it's pre 89, the trim has a metal backing and will often cause substantial rust behind it. Targa tops are nice but they're heavy and make the car a wet noodle stiffness wise. You can literally feel the two halves of the car move independently when you drive. Fine for enjoying the weather, not fine for sporting. Leather interior is also very heavy of course. Post 89 cars already have the right setup for a 1jz swap if you want to go that route. These things are basically Japanese muscle cars. They're heavy and don't handle that well, but not do they sound and look cool. Plus they eat up highway miles like no other.

Hey, do any of you Toyota fans know much about the JDM Soarer? I'm looking at importing an RHD Soarer, the Z20 series (generation before the SC 300/400).

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about how reliable these cars are, if they're fun to drive, if they'd be able to drift, if they're any quick, or reliable.

I've thought about buying a shell and building it from the ground up,
but I'm also working on improving my credit with loans, so I need something badass for around 10k and 90's JDM is my favorite. And I think the MkIII is aesthetic af.

10k could probably do you a lot of that what you're set on doing. I bet you could get a good turbo supra for 4-5. And then swap the motor to a 1j for about 4. If you wanted you could get a slightly rougher one for a little cheaper and just cut out the fenders and put on the shine auto widebody kit. Browse your local craigslist/Kijiji for some 9-10 I'm wide rims or spacers and you'd have a sweet car. 40 bucks for the weir performance diff upgrade kit. And you can slide it around do burnouts, cruise, whatever.
If you can't tell I have big dreams for my shitbox. Scored quints on her yesterday.

I've got some bad rock-chip-rust right where the windshield meets the roof, so I'm considering getting the whole roof painted black like pic related (photoshopped) as it will need to be painted anyways. Considering painting it stock silver and then use foil instead, but noone around here does that kind of work, also pretty sure I'm not gonna regret doing it black. Opinions?

front photoshop rendition

I sort of like it tbqh.

I like it. It accents well with the dark glass & frame of the rear window, and fits the paint color.

Its gonna make the interior of the car a tad hotter on the warmer days, and as you and I both know those four days of the year are always terrible

Got any ideas on how to finish it at the back? The trailing edge of the spoiler is rounded, so it would be odd to have a sharp edge where the black stops. I could continue black along the same width to the underside of the spoiler? That might look weird as well though. A third option is to paint the entire underside of the spoiler (not that much desu) black and only leave the outer edges on the top silver.

>not that much desu
wtf
I'm 99% sure that I wrote "to be honest" and not "desu".

Word filters. F A M is senpai, and T B H is desu.

I'd just remove the whole spoiler and paint it black by itself - no edges on the paint, and a much better result

I'm getting professionals to do the job. That's not my worry. When I say "edge", it's not meant in a physical sense, but a visual one. I'm trying to figure out where and how to end my um... blackening.
Aha! Thanks, I never encountered that on Veeky Forums before.

Do it Oslo-style; eternal blackening

>mfw my girlfriends grandpa that passed away a while ago has a 4x4 1960s land cruiser just sitting in Arizona just rusting away because her aunt inherit it

Should've stuck with one color but not orange

Yes but they're rare

I like it. What's up with the light bar on the hood though

Isn't that basically a mark 3?

Fuckrd up bad.
There's a 1988. Celica alltrac for sale

Good first car? Never done manual before

He'll yeah. Biggest piece of advice though, it's 30 years old, you're gonna have to fix it. Sometimes it will piss you off like no other, and this will make you love it even more. Age brings character.

Yeah,nah. I can't do that. I have no tools and no knowledge

NEXT

Mightve posted this before but I'm deleting molding on a mk2 supra, can you guys think of anyway to handle this little bump?

I don't think there are any aftermarket fender flares, but is there a service that might fab some? Do you think I could stuff and and some bondo in there?

Or just leave it?

Hmmmm

Lel, it's not even a big deal. Go to the hardware store and buy the cheapest socket set and you're guuci. You live in the age of the largest most easily accessible collection of info.

Doesn't seem to be. Uses the N series engines, not the one Jay Z

xtra cabs make my dick diamonds

Upon removing the molding it looks like it was tacked on with sticky shit... Is this some kind of universal molding...? Is that a thing?

If so I might paint the car and find a replacement set that isn't all cracked on the outside and put it back on

Looks pristine as always.

Someone had a yellow one like that with a 4age in it around here, it looked nice af.

Just changed my tranny and LSD oil, fuel filter, and tires, feels good meng.

I wanna road trip this thing to California.

Same platform, way cooler car though.

I know it's a meme mobile but damn if I don't love the 80's styling

I know, I can't stop doing a double take when I park it.

I love that it's so utilitarian and Japanese to the point you still have factory stickers in Kanji on the doors and windshield. So simple and easy to work on, I love it.

Pic related, replacing my pump was a sinch mechanically but that 14mm nut was a bitch to take off to the pont I had to cut the damn line and re flare a new fuel line.

What's the whole car though lol? 10mm, 12mm, 14mm. Maybe a 17, 19 or 21mm in there?

Love it. Make sure you do it right so it doesn't look cheap

Does her aunt knows what she got?

Yes
Watch YouTube

Some car mouldings are like that from the factory. Did you try looking for mouldings on eBay?

Kek wtf is happening in that pic

Yep I found em on ebay, gonna hit it with some goo b gone, tape up my trim, take it to maaco for sanding and primer, then maybe rattle can the car next week. The trim shall return, it's like 3m scotchlite I think

I thought you were from commiefornia.

Eh? That s the nut size for the fuel line.

Nah, from BC.

these are absolutely beautiful
>tfw only one ae86 in country and it is rusting in some barn

I was wondering how I would instruct the shop in not doing it so it looks cheap. They're professional body shop guys with experienced painters, but I wanna make sure...

"All japanese cars are 10 mm" -RCR.

I just did the trans fluid on muh Honda. Feels real good. Corolla got a few new door handles.

>Tfw the Night Wave guys making me want to road trip in it to Houston

Mite b cool but I'm paranoid something will go boom.

These are actually the original colors with a little extra saturation to them. Considering how bleached they were from age and sunlight, it might be as close to original as i can reasonably get a hold of.

That's the large appeal to it. Fun and lightweight and RWD, but still keeps all the "don't mind me, i'm just a reasonable car"-Corolla vibe. I'm a bit bummed that the GT86 got such aggressive sports car styling. An RWD Scion Tc would have hit the whole concept much closer.

Yeah, mostly those sizes. Living in Europe, that's what I have around anyways.

Where from?

its a honda pal.
Are you going to be paranoid forever or are you going to do one roadtrip, find nothing go wrong and conquer your fears?

I need to conquer my fears, since I only live once. Gonna save up a good chunk of money and try to go places I've never been. Been stuck in the Louisiana/Mississippi area all my life.

Is building the heck out of a 7AGE viable for track anymore or is the 2ZZ just better

This is all I was able to find

>It shared its platform and the same the 24 Valve Inline-6 Twin Turbo engine with the MKIII Toyota Supra and it had many other features that were technologically groundbreaking for its time.

It only shared the engine in some "3.0" (as in 3 litre) trim levels, though. Wikipedia indicates that these Soarers used the 1G-Gte, with the very best trims using the 7M-Gte (I have checked Japanese auction house websites. Hundreds of 1G equipped cars, not a single 7M, though.)

I'm leaning against buying one now, due to how hard it would be to find parts here. I would like to import a Mk3 but there's no telling if the head gasket is about to blow. Doubt many of the Japanese were getting their heads retorqued.

thats /g/ for you

If I remember correctly a lot of heads were actually fixed early on from or from factory there. Regardless, if you want to import a mk3 get a 1jz model.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvx8irQYYqU

Best idol group coming through!

No because if she did the thing would run right and look good kek
>she has to keep her foot on the gas pedal to keep it on when driving it
>the seats in it are almost nothing but springs
>some spots have surface rust

Did the Mark 3 come with the 1JZ? I thought it only came with the 7M.

Never mind, a quick google shows that they did make a 1JZ version, it was just jap land exclusive.

Why should someone importing a supra consider the 1JZ over a 7M - GTE model?

More reliable, makes more power stock. Reliability is the main factor. I used to think the 7m was better because no replacement for displacement, but worrying about mine is hurting my health. If you're going to go through the trouble of importing a supra. Might as well get the "better" one. That way you don't have to worry about it. You can just buy an eBay manifold and turbo, turn up the boost and enjoy 400hp

Isn't an eBay turbo asking to destroy your engine?

7A

It's the future. Chinesium has improved vastly. eBay turbos are usable now. Still not the best option obviously, but a lot of poor fags run them. Hotrod garage put eBay turbos on one of their cars, lots of YouTube shit tier e-celebs run eBay trash