Have you ever lost control of your car before?

Have you ever lost control of your car before?

yes, a few times. people who say they have never done so haven't seen the full potential of their cars and skill. I've been lucky and usually regain control, but a few times I lost it completely and would have gotten into some shit if I had been around other cars.
it's why I only hoon away from traffic

Only whe I was trying to do scandinavian flicks on the local gliding club.
If I did it driving on the highway I´d be dead since I drive at least 160km/h most of the time.
My personal record was 252km/h.

I regularly fly through corners in my Integra, so you can bet your ass that it has understeered uncontrollably more than once.

I spun out at 70mph/120 kph after hydroplaning, fell off into a mud patch during heavy rain in a brand-new car. Steering's fucked, but still driveable

>be me
>driving 1 wheel tire fire vee ate f-250 2wd in winter
>been getting hektic on every corner
>decide im dagumi master
>floor it around huge intersection
>looking gud
>right as im about to finish my sikk dorifto the truck continues on and i spin a full 540 degrees and end up facing the wrong way

still dorifto that shit every winter

inb4 that Cummi furfaggot claiming he never did lose control, lol

Spun out once for no reason when it was raining like a bitch out. Thankfully it was 3 in the morning, so no other cars were there for me to slide into or witness how shit I am. I was making a left turn, ass end kicked out of nowhere, tried to correct but over did it, ass end went the other way, I bitched out and couldn't correct it. Spun 180 degrees.

Still don't know what I did lol. I wasn't going fast at all, tires only had a few thousand miles on them so they were over 3/4 tread, there were no painted lines so nothing slick. Everything was fine and then suddenly nothing was fine. Had a sweet doriftu for all of 0.5 seconds though, and no damage to car

yeah, one day it was raining and I pressed the gas too hard and my car didn't go anywhere for a few seconds

btw I was making a left at a green light and a truck almost went into the ditch when he was avoiding hitting me

>haven't seen the full potential of their cars and skill
Sounds like the full potential of your "skill" won't even bring out half the potential of the car. So neither have you

Hello me! I'm the exact same in my teg. That thing handles beautifully 99 percent of the time and is so fun to whip through corners, but that once in a blue moon moment where it does understeer does happen. The good news is I've never fully lost it

Yeah, a lot. But that's how you learn how to control it while sliding

A few times on roundabouts, I had a massive shitbox with completely bald tires but I was too poor to replace them so every time it rained I would have to be ridiculously careful on understeer.
If you came onto the accelerator at all on a roundabout you'd just understeer like a motherfucker.

Also one time when I was going hard down a mountain pass, I left it too long to brake for a turn and my wheels starting skidding, I got it back again in time for the turn though.
I'll never forget the smell

yep. black ice famz, it don't fuck around.

IT WAS ON PURPOSE BRO
COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER OUTCOME

>in college working at UPS at night
>coming home at 1:30 am
>crest hill, going a bit to fast
>we airborne now
>come down with and start to slide
>young and stupid, don't now what to do and overcorrect
1080 degrees through about 5 lawns. took down a tree, a fence. a mailbox, and knocked over a recycling bin.
it was 1;30 am... so i put the recyclables back in the bin and drove my dented muddy beaten up shitbox home.
Still feel a little bad about not leaving notes on the houses.

I haven't lost control, but I regularly rip the handbrake around some 90 degree turns on the gravel roads by my house.

>drive home in winter, going through some village
>go over a small bump on the street, hit a patch of black ice, car has no traction at all, slides into snow covered curb
>bumps from curb into the oncoming lane
>grips again, continue driving come
Would've been a head on collision if there was any traffic without a chance of saving it, studless winter tires don't help on ice

>Doing some sweet touge in bumfuck nowhere
>Trees everywhere so road stays wet for a while
>Has been dry for the first part, suddenly the corner is completely wet
>Start to understeer
O shit
>Correct it and drive on

This is why I never touge in the rain , and always take the first run of the day easy

>mfw my owner dries to dorifto

only once in avoiding hitting a deer, span the back end out into a hedge and sat there in my own shit for 30 minutes before even getting out to check the damage

the only other time was due to a friend pulling the handbrake on, but we were fucking about in an empty car park so no biggie really

a few times. one sticks in mind tho

>snowing in Britistan, driving muh ST24
>handbrake turns everywhere
>drifting_god.png
>arrive at work car park
>go for dat lift off oversteer into the car park to impress the grills
>total loss of traction results in terminal understeer
>car sliding totally out of my control at the CEO's Mercedes S500
>slides to a halt about half a foot from the car
>people watching said i apparently visably changed colour while it was happening
>learning from your mistakes is for faggots so i slid sideways out of the carpark on the way home
>mfw could have written off a £80,000 mercedes in my £500 Mondeo ST24

Oh and another

>driving utter shitbox, pic related
>enter a roundabout too fast in the wet
>"dont worry, this car has AWD, surely it will save me"
>discover very quickly that 4motion/Quattro systems are utter dogshit
>traffic in all directions stopped, staring at me in horror as i countersteer back and forth like i know what i'm doing
>car is literally engaging and disengaging the center diff over and over again
>smash kerb
>german wheels stronk, drive to work nothing damaged apart from my pride

>4motion/Quattro systems are utter dogshit
First gen Haldex is utter dogshit*

About a month after I bought my GTO I decided it was a hood idea to take the tc off in the rain and launch it from a stop sign. Was scary and felt like i was fighting it to stay on the road forever.

IT WAS ALL THE BODY ROLL
>shittycoilsandaturbo.jpg
IT WONT HAPPEN NEXT TIME

yeah of course but only while going slowly in shitty conditions like icy pavement.

>driving beater Grand Am
>raining
>w/ a girl
>trying to impress
>rip a skid into parking lot
>whips back around
>spin 180
uhh whoops
>proceed to drive slow and normal rest of the time

still got to second base, oh to be 17 again

I do this regularly in my Mustang

A few times

when I was pushing my shitbox to its limits

My new car, can hang better but their is a few time where i feel it slip good.

I lose control all the time, but the first time was when I was

>17
> 1996 Honda Accord (green)
>ice everywhere outside
>been drifting before in wet parking lot and think it will be the same but more slippery
>pull hand brake at downsloping elbow turn in neighborhood
>slipping_Sideways.docx at 10-15 mph
>BANG
>think my window shattered
>nothing is broken except maybe my tire counterweight fell off
>proceed to practice ice driving in parking lot realizing it's nothing like wet pavement

Had a similar moment once
>first snow last winter
>4x4 drifting because shitbox
>drifting around corners in small neighborhood
>don't see any cars for about 10 minutes
>decide to really go for it around this corner
>wild bmw appears
>in opposite lane of traffic sliding towards a car at least 5 times the price of my beat to shit subaru
>keep wheel turned hard
>regain traction
>whip the car around 180 degrees and slide into the curb
The chick driving the beamer just stopped at the stop sign she was coming up to, and drove off like I didn't almost total her(man's) car. I kept drifting for a while after I made sure I didn't have and more damage, but my alignment is so bad already I couldn't tell any difference

Yes, but every time was due to snow and ice. I've since learned not amount of AWD and no set of winter tires can keep you on the road.

I've since learned not to tempt mother nature and drive smart.

There's this one intersection on the way to work where a left turn is a bit sharper than a 90° angle. When it rains you can do some Maaaaadd skidz through it. One time I got a little too heavy on the gas and it went straight around until I was facing the wrong way. No one saw except for one guy. I had to go into the oncoming lane to get back straight again though lol

The only time I've ever completely stopped during a panic braking event was attempting the Scandinavian flick.
>Be 17 year old user, senior in HS
>Just watched the British guy slide his Puma around
>Coming back from a party, only had one shot as I was with my girlfriend
>Had a couple caffeine tablets, those things were potent back in the day
>Coming down the Zilwaukee bridge northbound, just past the Saginaw river
>Not a car in sight, traveling 70-75mph
>Jerk the wheel left, right, then left again
>Rear of the car broke free and I began to correct it
>Having a blast, girlfriend isn't exactly approving of the situation
>Out of no where the car snaps and throws the rear end to the other side
>Slammed on the brakes locking the tires up stalling the car
>After coming to a stop she busts out laughing and tells me I'm dangerous

Haven't tried that manuever on pavement since. Now the trails.. that's another story.

Another

>be 23
>snowing
>going really slow driving through neighborhood to get to store
>down hill to stop sign
>start braking early to be cautious
>slide through intersection screaming
>everything_better_than_expected.odf

My first car would have this problem where the parking brake would randomly come on ( I called it autodrift) and one time in the winter I was probably going to fast down a curvy road and autodrif activated. Next thing I knew I was sideways. It took me the 3 over corrections and the whole road to get it back under control and if there had been incoming traffic things could have gotten real bad.

>driving E34 525TDS autotragic home from work one night
>live up a hill, floor the pedal to unleash all 150 horses
>get to 40mph, hear a bang
>take my foot off the pedal
>no change
>car still accelerating
>try to lift pedal up with my foot
>already at the top of it's travel
>wut_do.ogg
>luckily it's a slow car so only reaches 70 or so up a small ass hill with cars double parked
>force the prehistoric gearbox into neutral and roll onto my parents drive
>car literally redlining

apparently a "speed sensor" broke, not sure if i was being told lies but it was fixed for £100 including recovery so whatever.

I spun out in the wet twice. First time was just me being stupid and going to much throttle as soon as it started raining mid u turn. I ended up doing a full 360 in the middle of the street and just kept on going.

Second time I did similar. Wanted to go out and do some skids in the rain. Found a nice corner and floored it from stop, initiated and just kept going and did about a 270 then ran over a low curb and tapped a tree. tiny plastic piece of my bumper broke off and the car is fine. I was fucking shocked and realized I was a retard for even trying it. Got luck no major damage since the curb was tiny

Too many times.
>Off roading shitbox Honda kei car with friend
>Don't have my glasses or seatbelt on
>Clip ditch going maybe 75kmh
>Car flips up and we roll that shit at least twice, maybe three times.
>I'm okay and we roll the car back over, it drove home on its own power and the next day to the recycling center on it's own power.
Fast forward 2 years:
>Hitting the touge with my Toyota Curren, following my buddy in his R31 sedan
>Cat runs in front of his car
>He misses it
>I swerve
>Not only did I hit the cat but I spun out as well. Clipped curb and popped tire but my wheel was okay. Cat was not okay.
Around the same time that happened:
>Senpai offers to teach me how to pull sick Dagumi skids in his S14
>there's a small hairpin that has some gravel sitting on the asphalt
>walks me through drifting as I drive up to it
>I'm like, "uh huh, okay, I got it"
>hit gravel, slam on brakes, skid sideways off the road into grass and almost into fence (no curb here so car was safe)
>He says "Nevermind, let me drive."
>Never get to drive his S14 again
Some short time after that:
>Been pulling mad skids in my autotragic Toyota Estima van with welded diff
>in total spun out in two intersections (when I thought I had it), clipped one curb (dented steelie and needed to replace), and clipped one guardrail (smashed in rear tail light)
Not even sure if this counts as a loss of control, but:
>Coworker needs to borrow my van to move and offers to let me drive his 180SX for the time being
>I didn't know his brakes were total shit
>Drag racing my friend in his R31
>Don't lift until we pass our imaginary finish line
>Slam brakes
>ABS kicks in
>Don't finally stop until I passed through a blind intersection
>my friend in his pigfat sedan is still behind the stop sign, assumably laughing his ass off
These were all 5-7 years ago though. I haven't had any bouts of stupidity since.

Not me but
>went hiking with cousin to some place called ladder mountain
>when we finished I rode shotgun in his car
>the round to get there is windy but when we were leaving he decided to hit a curve at 60 mph and the sign said 40
>I drive fast on roads almost all the time so him driving fast didn't really faze me
>I was spaced out and tired until I hear the back tires give out because the faggot is a inexperienced driver so he lift-off over steered
>the car pretty much did 50 50 board slide into a ditch
>I got a baby whip lash and hit my head on the side of the door

Yes, a handful of times. Each time I've managed to save it. It's pretty exhilarating

Yes, it is a completely unavoidable thing when you are pushing your limits on a track/skidpad. That's how you learn and find your limits, by spinning out and looking like a newb.

I thought I was a rally racer once.
Spun out on gravel and over corrected
I don't think I'm a rally racer anymore

>motorcycle
>middle of the night, literally no other cars on the road
>decide to take a 90 degree right turn at 45mph
>dont turn hard enough, going to crash into curb dividing the two lanes
>car just happens to be coming in the opposite direction
>think that I'm going to hit curb, get launched from bike directly into oncoming car coming downhill
>bike hits curb, lands ON TOP of the curb (~1ft wide, maybe 5 inches off the ground)
>ride curb until it gently drops off into the road

i actually thought that i was going to die, and i no longer take corners faster than 30mph

you have to fucking almost wreck your car to see its full potential? maybe you are just retarded

>losing control = almost wrecking
You see, there's this thing called a track or a skidpad where if you go to an actual driving school with actual instructors you WILL get pushed until you lose control, and that's how you learned.

You think you're some l33t f1 driver because you've never spun out? Fuck off

Last car I had I hydroplaned into a guard rail. It didn't help that the rear tires were dry rotted.

>googly eyes on the passenger seat

used to have a 1992 Toyota MR2 SW20. you do the math.

I've fishtailed, unintentionally drifted, and gone off the road once which was a conscious decision and the best-case scenario. The only times I've spun out or completely lost control is when I'm fucking around in snowy parking lots in the winter where it doesn't matter.

Did he died?

Whatup teg bros

>raining after my university exam
>fuck it imma have a bit of fun
>turn off traction control in massive land barge ford falcon
>meh it cant be too hard to drift around this roundabout
>spin out completely and end up sideways in middle of the road
>somehow didnt hit anything
>some lady sitting in the roundabout just looking at me
>wave sorry and drive off

Jesus that was awkward.

wait is that him in the OP?

once in my lexus suv going hard on an offramp to a highway at night, wet/snowy rain
180'd and perfectly pirouetted onto the shoulder... traction control and engine lights went crazy for a hot second, but turned the car off and on and np, 2001 lexus rx, beastly car

then once again, except this time i went full 360 in the snow with my baby, 98 volvo s70 glt

thing is, i never "lost control" in both instances i still felt relatively in command. i still felt like i could control the car in both instances. like, i was going to spin, but i felt like i could do it relatively safely

point is, buy a volvo or a lexus, always be in control

I'm proud of you for doing it user. You gotta try

Yeah it's fairly easy to regain control, but once in a while it'll get pretty hektik. You can usually rip the e-brake and get your ass end to brake free though, which helps a ton.

Ay fellow teggy, what trim do you drive? I'm a poorfag so I got stuck with the LS.

>come home my children

cried a tear of freedom at that pic

Yes