The world’s longest race track will soon be found in Vegas

So will bench racers be using this track time once it is completed?

digitaltrends.com/cars/spring-mountain-racetrack/

No trees, blind corners or elevation changes. That track is nothing more than
an oversized go cart track

>No trees, blind corners
How will that help the car? if anything that just creates artificial gaps with drivers.
>elevation changes
Laguna Seca has that. id say this and Laguna would be the perfect combination.

No, because it's an uninteresting track with no challenges except for how well you can corner or how well your car can cool itself

No elevation change, no trees to block sight, no history, no infamous corners, no real challenges. It's like those stupid "perfect track" ideas where they take famous corners and string them together and they turn out to be shit because the whole is not equal to the sum of its parts.

And that's exactly what this will be. Boring, flat and not particularly challenging.

Not to mention, it's located in a private club that has membership fees to access and use so no motorsport events will actually be held there, just rich men in their super cars who want to feel special because they "race" real "race cars". It's a country club for rich men who like cars, that's it.

he's saying the track will be monotonous for drivers

Best comment on the article.

I`m sorry but it`s not World class until it stages Formula One Grand Prix...

I want to like it but it's just to flat. Needs elevation changes. Would rather have Ebisu touge circuit instead.

Why not make something like old Monza oval with a proper twisty, challenging road course inside?

Think Daytona or Indy but with a course like Spa inside.

variety>>>>>>>>length

Almost every corner is a hairpin, there's barely any fast corners and no exciting elevation changes
Also, are the 15 miles measured with the main layout which I assume is the red one or do you have to take the horrible green diversion to get to that length?

>10 million hours in Kid Pix Studio

nurburgring isn't private.
that alone makes it better.
private tracks are for fucking yuppie slowfags.

thats the current track not the 15 mile one you dunce

>if anything that just creates artificial gaps with drivers.
get the fuck out benchracer.
Cars mean nothing as long as driver likes it and it is good enough for the job(unless land speed or drag race or stance)
Racing measures drivers not cars. Cars are secondary to the skill of any driver.

It's entirely dominated by acceleration and braking, hardly an intresting chalange for a car or driver.

Tracks are supposed to test the performance characteristics of a car, not entertain the driver or spectators you stupid fuck. Go back to shilling GM

>Tracks are supposed to test the performance characteristics of a car

Make it perfectly flat so as to never upset the suspension.

quite literally living the dream

you got the term wrong
"track" is for testing the drivers
"proving ground" is for testing the cars.

>But it’s not cheap. Memberships to Spring Mountain reportedly cost $45,000 to join and $5,000 a year in dues

aaaaaaahahahahhaah

it will be abandoned after 2 years

ok there William C. Ferguson

>the grapes are so sour

i don't think you know what a hairpin is

he probably means the track looks thin on a map

This is actually a good point. However, to some extent, tracks test the cars as well. If a car is hard to drive it will have worse times because the driver CAN'T extract the full potential, and that lack of full potential will be universal across all drivers (perhaps to varying degrees, though).

Aren't all 180 degree turns considered hairpins?
Not a native english speaker so I wouldn't know

Alright Bill

"Technically" yes, but usually it has the connotation of a tight 180, or at least tighter than the average corner. A 180 turn that is fast would just be a long corner that happens to make a full 180.

>Welcome to English, where everything's made up and the rules don't matter.

Nigger thinks powertrain is the only performance aspect of a car.

I've heard pretty good things about the current track. My friends were out there last week (In an E46 M3 and either a 991 GT3 or C7 Z06, not sure which the second guy took), I'll have to ask and see what they thought of it.

>tfw it might be pretty cool but since it's a private track have fun learning all 15 miles without destroying your bank account, let alone actually racing on it

>tfw I live an hour from it

If it was actually public like the burger king it would just be shut down within a week on account of retardation/ricer faggotry

Welcome to the point.

>no

>Spring Mountain Racetrack
>"Mountain"
FLAT AS FUCK. And B O R I N G
>In the middle of a fucking desert with nothing scenic or particularly interesting
Looks like it's just going to be a place for old richfag cucks to get cancer at while they bake in the sun rubbing their dicks together in the sand.

This.

FFS there are literal mountains right fucking there in the background...why didn't they build it there?

The only thing this has over a NASCAR track is that it has right turns. Pathetic.

>track for the rich
Yeah, you aren't really rich unless you're willing to risk your car on a really challenging track where you can't see the whole damn thing from any vantage point.

Fuck, this actually is starting to make me mad. Like, I would have had a retirement goal if it had a decent track, but no, gotta cuck it up because everyone's a pussy now.

lol thats a shit track ill stick to my touge!

burgerking is too well established at this point.

>inb4 they add up all the branches in the track to determine the total length because Americans always cheat

Yea there are actually some nice "mountainous" (for lack of a better word) regions south of Las Vegas that would be great for a track. Lots of elevation change but still small enough to be easy to build.

I place I go camping near would be perfect, no one ever uses it and its deserted 99% of the time and has no water and not many plants. Problem is there is absolutely no way the government would allow someone to build something like that.

They only give permission like that to projects that want to build a giant highway bypass in order to cut out a tiny town from tourist traffic and totally ruin its economy (an actual thing that's happening now)

>2 absolutely perfect and massive straight aways

I'll have to see something actually lap on it, but it looks retarded.

shiiiiit, those hilly areas would have been perfect.

>some rich dude builds a random track to fuck around on and enjoy cars
>Veeky Forums hates it because its not exactly how they want it to be
yeah what a dick for trying to do some cool shit and have fun with cars

This board shits on absolutely everything dude, I don't know what you expected. In here people talk up the burgerking to spite this new track, but in every other thread the burgerking is just a shitty memetrack.

Spa best track

>shitty racetrack only built for length by an overweight americlap in the middle of the fucking desert

yeah kill yourself tbqh famalam

The burgerring is always a shitty memetrack when someone's garbage favorite car gets beaten on it.

That reminds me a lot of the terrain Willow Springs is on, so yeah, it'd probably make for a good track.

Damn for that I could just drive as fast as I want to everywhere and pay for the speeding tickets.

>american """""""""""tracks""""""""""""