Hey Veeky Forums... I recently got my first decent job, I'm no longer a poorfag

Hey Veeky Forums... I recently got my first decent job, I'm no longer a poorfag.

I need advice on what new, sensible car to get. I've driven a shitty corolla for about 7 years. Looking to get something new.

I'm considering getting a Nissan Sentra. I spoke to a dealer and he said my payments would be around 360$/month. Is this a good deal? Is the Sentra a good car?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm not a carfag, I've never really been into cars. Please help!

everyone will tell you buying a new car is not a good idea. It really isn't

but if you're in the rust belt and you're going to baby rustproof this car forever then go for it since that's the only reason I'd go for a new car myself, a truly rust-free car.

FUCK NO TO THE SENTRA THOUGH.

dunno if Nissan has stepped up their game but fuck the sentra. My dad had one and it was bad bad bad. He has an Elantra now and that's very decent so imagine how bad the Sentra must have been

Take a look at the new gen Mazda3 and learn to drive stick.

Why shouldn't I get a new car? What if I can afford it?

If not the Sentra, what should I get then?

I don't really like how the Mazda3 looks.

Audi A4

Get a new Corolla.

Just get a less shitty corolla op

I should have mentioned my budget is around 20k.

Yeah this is what I was considering too. But I was wondering if there were any better alternatives. I'll probably just get a new corolla tho.

But at the same time... the Corolla seems kinda lame... Like, will girls my age (24 - 26) be impressed with a corolla? It seems kinda boring.

Use this.

I'll recommend you get a car thats different in personality to the corrolla you've had. You got your first job you should reward yourself with a car thats actually fun to drive.

Pic related for help choosing.

I'll recommend

1. Mazda Miata
2. Ford Fiesta ST
3. VW GLI
4. Mini Cooper S (new ones are much better quality than the ones 15 years ago that Veeky Forums hates)

Try to find a lightly used one too.

dont get a sentra, go for a preowned maxima at best. by GFs sentra shat the bed 10 days after her dad got her one for uni grad. thanks to lemon law she got her money back.
I suggest a certified preowned fiesta ST or a Civic Si maybe an accord if you dont wanna drive stick

>Ford Fiesta ST

Is this an Veeky Forums meme?

Why do you care?

You drive a car for one of two purposes (or both). You either drive it because you enjoy driving it or you drive it to get from a to b.

If you're worried about impressing chicks with your car, then that says more about you than anything. Get the corolla and then once you have enough money saved, so buy a used mustang or something.

>What if I can afford it?
>financing

But anyways, what do you not like about the Mazda3? I personally don't like it either because it looks too small for the angry look, but the mazda6 looks nice.

Are you open to hatchbacks or do you just want a sedan econobox? Can't imagine how you'd be able to stomach the new Corolla look if the mazda3 isn't your thing.

not much anyone can help you if you don't specify what you're looking for in a car. Mazda3 would definitely be my choice since I love the steering on my (older) one compared to the other econoboxes which are numb in comparison (corolla and elantra)

kind of.

Most of Veeky Forums is people fresh out of college who like driving. So they can afford the entry level sports cars, of which the Fiesta ST is the best on the market.

Its not a BMW like Veeky Forums pretends but it is fun for around $20k and easy to maintain.

Its respectable in the way the Miata is to people who like driving for fun.

I've been driving a shitty corolla for 7 years! Girls always notice my car! I've been on 2 dates where the girl told me I should get a better car...

>Fiesta ST is the best on the market.
>no 3 door model
is it bad to look into the VW Golf GTI instead (R is only 5-door) if I'm in North America? All I hear from people about VW,Audi/BMW is the high prices for parts if things have to be replaced.

I think the only other option I have is a Toyota Yaris and that's a no go unless they put out something close to their WRC version

What about a Nissan Versa?

Stop caring what girls think.

This
Just fuck traps and join the masterrace of faggots

Is the Honda Civic better than the Corolla? I kinda like how it looks, you know?

please respond.

Nope, GTI is pretty great. I had a Golf R for a while.

I chose the GLI for you because it has the Fender stero but it turns out the GTI now has the option this year because the Golf R is gone and the GTI is now the top golf.

I definitely recommend the Fender stereo if you care for music. Its the best in any car.

Also, I Like the DSG automatic that VWs use, if you don't like clutchs.

In fact, I personally would take the VW over the ST but the ST will be cheaper in the long run, if thats a concern for you. Not much more but it will be more expensive to maintain.

Can't get anything beyond base Camry/Corolla/Civico for 20k new. I was in a similar position and bought a 2017 Camry SE. Nobody in my family has ever bought used cars so I didn't even realize they were a viable option, and I regret settling for a practical econosedan instead of a sportier used car.

Go used and get more for your money. Cars depreciado lahk 20-30% 1st yurr, financially it's smartest to buy a 2-3 year-old used car. Many will still be under factoire warrantoi.

i.e. Z370, Mustang, GT68/BZR/FS-R, Infiniti G39, etc.