/tfg/ - Titanfall General

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
>Mods for PC users
Respawn is on record as being against the reduced sunflares and crosshair mods, be warned.
syampuuh.github.io/mods
>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.
>News
Current double exp is Last Titan Standing
Extra Devotion nerfs, notes can be found ingame.
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
Frontier News Network 9
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-9/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yv3f6/you_know_its_really_frustrating_to_show_new/detnek0/
youtube.com/watch?v=XUQJBD-Rm-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fugg time to delet mods

i should pay respawn for the fact that i debugged this, it's because clicking on the little window literally gives it keyfocus regardless of where you click and THEN you have to click on the button. just another way respawn reminds us of how highly competent they are as industry veterans.
it works fine if you have a controller connected and just hit the triangle/y button, which is what i use

I'd pay a lot of Buckaroo's for a sniper caped Northstar.

And a sniper caped Grapple as well.

>I get labeled 'the sniper guy' on the stack and I still wonder why.

>didnt fix the op
one fucking job, i swear

matchmaking at work

>i should get paid by respawn for the fact that i debugged this
typing while piloting is hard

>did fix the op
>user is blind
Even added in a warning for the mods, everything's gud.

Really? Goddamnit. No wonder I keep missing the stacks. Quality fucking work respawn. Time to go mmo or something else for the night, playing with literal brain damaged retards on my team is frustrating.

No, youre just adding shit
Both FNN 8 and 9 are listed when you only need 9, all the spacing is gone so it looks like shit, greentext on doomed thread isnt there, no thread edition

xth for I want YandIon to force me inside of her!

>can't even spam click because Leave Invite is in the same spot

>spend 30 seconds chasing after friendly titan calling him out that I have a battery in LTS
>spend another 30 seconds trying to find a way to cut him off and give him the fucking battery
>"dude why are you running away from me, I have a battery"
>"busy"
>we lose the round

It was a RDDT

>not being fast enough to catch up to a titan
user you were the rddt all along

It was a fucking stryder whose only mission was to keep me as far away as possible

user i'm new at being fast and even i can keep up with titans, yeah the first 2 or 3 dashes they get away from you but after that you should be more than able to catch up

if you're so fucking slow you can't catch up to a titan I don't know what to say to you

>get matched against a 4 squad of devs in Live Fire
>exchange polite greetings and thanks for the game
>destroy them 5-0 with my team of randoms, none of them even break 10 kills
>can't even bring myself to say GG
And that's when I realized: Respawn has no fucking idea how the hell to handle this game because none of them know how to play it. This is such a simple answer that I can't believe I didn't see it before, and the worst part is that I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Depending on the game they develop, rarely are the devs the best at their own game.

Unless they're bugtesters. You don't fuck with bugtesters.

Should have talked to them about game balance.

>just bought game
>tfg guys are chill with me being terrible
>fun times all day

you guys are pretty neato

devs are never good at their own games

>This is such a simple answer that I can't believe I didn't see it before
Then have I got good news for you.
you'll be able to come to this conclusion a lot more often now because this has become a common case in video game development for at least a decade. ESPECIALLY within the FPS genre.
Playtesters end up being none too bright either

Welcome pilot.

You liking any guns/tactical abilities/titans so far?

Thanks user. I just got into gunpla about a month or so ago, and it's pretty fun. It's a good way to decompress after work/working out, and helps me unwind after playing video games before bed.

Now that I've finished the Vidar, I'm going to move on to my Jesta MG. I've also got a Graze I've been putting off repainting. And my Spiegel needs a topcoat.

Oh God. What've I become?

>the xbone stack tonight
jesus that was fun, hope you didnt mind seeing my crazy side :^)
also hope to get to play with you guys tomorrow night or soon

tfg stacks usually need an anchor anyway. stomping too hard is a problem all too common

Just fucking with you, these are pretty neat.

Thx, dawg. I wish there were some titanfall kits. I saw a guy on either /m/ or /toy/ that had turned a ball into a Tone. I'd like to try a Legion if I could just figure out how to do it.

>only two days at work before another weekend.

And I miss a fun stack. Fuck. Then again, 99% of xbone stacks are good fun, some days daddy Emacs gets drunk and beats us and its a bit awkward.

:^)

Is there any point to playing multiplayer at any time other than primetime?

fun

How to join /tfg/ stacks on PS4? I've been solo queue for years and don't know how it's done

TFG is a bunch of pretty cool dudes, as long as you're not rddt, you're cool with us.

Check the PS4 network's Happy Hour, getting on around then is really your best bet if you aren't finding people in the channel.

>Obituary trying to adjust his sensitivity mid-match
;^) Just kiddin buddy
Good games tonight lads

>normally only play with tfg
>mid or bottom of team feels like I'm always chasing my fast teammates
>fly solo for a change
>stomp enemy team my team and those goddamn AI using moves learned from chasing other /tfg/
Thanks for training me /tfg/bros.

>some days daddy Emacs gets drunk and beats us and its a bit awkward
fucking kek, hes alright but yeah man hope to see you there

I'm in the same boat buddy. We'll reach peak fast one day

I kept wondering why I was missing so many railgun shots and then that first round killcam made it obvious.

Wednesday/Thursday this week for Britpilot.

Emacs is a gem, bless him. I give him so much shit.

>play solo, stomp
>play with stack, get high scores but feel cheated compared to solo
>play against TFG, do best on team and high on lobby

Eh. I'm fine.

webm bump

>Lancelot Assault Weapon
Anti Titan weapon
Single shot, Melee lunge range (~2 metres)
Takes a half second to charge before it's held in a ready to fire state, discharging automatically on contact with an enemy Titan or after a few seconds.
Damages and stuns based on velocity, then gives you a moment to reorient yourself before launching you away in that direction at the same speed you impacted, or letting you rodeo.

>Advanced propulsion kit.
Same tier as stealth Jets
Increased air acceleration, greater speedboost from jumping off walls, more visible jump trails, holding sprint accelerates you towards the ground.

>Extended propellant capacitor
Same tier as stealth Jets
Triple jump, hold space to jump higher, infinite wallrun, infinite slide speed retention, multi charge slide boost reservoir, increased slide boost recharge.

>Stealth Jets
Absolutely silent. No jump trails. Infinite wall hang. Extended hover. Near instant vaulting.

What do you think tfg?
Should I post on Reddit and farm for upboats so the Devs consider adding it to the game?

BT draws the best butts!

I want to bite that butt.

they wont give a fuck about what youve got to say

>go in for the bite
>it was a hologram

>face in middle butt
>left hand on left butt
>right hand on right butt

>Kinda liked Life Fire mode
>No one plays it anymore

After we GAPED some niggers in Live Fire I told them to go cry about it on reddit. And they did
reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yv3f6/you_know_its_really_frustrating_to_show_new/detnek0/

All shall know the GAPE
All shall fear the GAPE

I wish more of TF2 fan art was like this. Robot/gun/ship/whatever humanization are shit. Draw a cool pilot and robot and I will throw money at you on patreon.

>tfw you slowly gitting gud with the shoulder laser

t. reddit

>l3zzyharpy
This furry and his gay CROW friends are so bad. We only had 3 tfgs and we still shit on them.

I dunno user, there are several instances where plebbit has gotten shit noticed via upboading and eventually considered/ integrated by game Devs """listening to the community""'.

is this some sort of rddt/tfg bastard offspring network

I was going to say no, but half my members are former redditfags.
So yes.

>Niggerfield 1 in a nutshell
It's becoming more of a normality as opposed to a mere possibility these days.
Just another sign of laziness and ineptitude among game devs

maybe you should all go back

Or maybe you should bend over and get your fucking bunghole X-Spanded like the rest of these nigger lovers.

going by those comments, they still are

now youre sounding underage
two for one

Only the two downvoted ones are from GAPE.
The only reason we're out here is to trigger bads and make people upset.
Reddits are just too easy.

Anyone playing the game for any other reason is a >slow

and now you're just sounding slow
I bet you like half the weeb shit they post in this garbage thread too

>we post on reddit but we arent redditors
fucking shitters

sounds to me more like you're "why won't daddy tfg love me" the network

You and I are two of soul.

I can't look at OP without thinking how fucking impractical that cloak would be for NS with all the moving parts and joints it has.

>having to check reddit
>people replying on reddit
>hitscan

>i bet you like half the weeb shit they post in this garbage thread too
>posted weeb shit not three posts up

>getting blown out this hard

>using r97 unironically

bump

>I really, really want a "war" with RDDT
>RDDT please notice me
It might be start to stop, they dont care.

What is with all the RDDT shit going on these days ? Looks like we're infiltrated or some shit

Tfw I always miss the Britpilot
Tfw can never pocket ronin good legions cause the rest are shit
Tfw never had that 1v1 this weekend
Fuck me

So new Prime skins when ? I don't mean the leaked screenshots, just when will we be able to buy them.

March.

Add me or JTWstephens. One of us is usually on/will straight up invite you

Get in the bin TeeTotal.

>playing live fire
>just got game so learning to go fast
>coming around one of the walls near the center
>some grabs the flag and jumps up
> jump off the wall and kick him in the back
>fire epg into two others and win the round
>wasn't recording
Sad day

Use shadowplay, never be caught not-recording again.

>tfw rainy night version of Angel City with all the neon lights on and the distant sound of a cyberpunk city on the verge of civil war

It was, back around TF1. The bulk of the humanization art comes from one drawfag who simply wasn't impressed with the new pilot models. I'm not really a big fan of them either.

>slowly

What? You should have that down instantly. It's literally point and click. Have you never played an FPS game in your life before?

i dunno about that. reddit seems to notice me a lot when im stomping them.

There is no "Reddit team" but the randos I come across in matchmaking sure are butthurt all the time, I think I've only seen two good players with the RDDT tag.

;;-;; baka

how many people are actually going to stop using modified crosshairs? i dont think i can go back to the regular softball crosshair. siampuuh got banned but he was banned in the past for aimbotting and im willing to bet thats what he was banned again for, not vpk modifying.
tons of people besides him have been messing with vpks and nothing has come yet.

I'm not going to stop now

try keeping up with a ronin running turbo engine and shorter phase dash cd. not to mention sword core.

Its because fairfight can't detect it, currently. However, Siampuuh posted publicly and caught the devs attention with the vpk modding. Maybe it was aimbotting, maybe it wasn't. But the fact stands that respawn's current stance on lens flares and crosshairs is no. It's also a fact that fair fight can't see it right now, but its possible that this could change in the near future since SOMEONE decided to post on fucking leddit about it multiple goddamn times highly visibly.

If the reddit posting hadn't happened, Respawn wouldn't know or care.

sucks too, default lens flares are really obnoxious

as much as i dislike that dipshit for posting his crap to reddit, it wouldve made its way to reddit either way. i think for now, people should replace their modified vpks with the originals during any kind of tf2 update until there is more information from the devs about it. only precaution i can think of, outside of not using them at all.

>it wouldve made its way to reddit either way
Probably. But not as quickly, and not as highly visible. If it made it there second hand or in a roundabout fashion then its possible the devs wouldn't have even noticed.

Also yeah, you're right. Swap modded vpks for backups before an update, then take the source files and incorporate into the updated vpks. That said, I've taken crosshairs and lens flares off. Now using that desktop overlay thing and just trying not to look up on exoplanet. The latter of these is a pain in the ass.

>Swap modded vpks for backups before an update
There is a risk of detection during an update ?

id be more concerned with 3rd party programs getting detected by fairfight than a modified file that its not currently looking at.
if they check files and see that this file is larger or smaller than it should be, or actually check its contents to find that it doesnt match what it should be, then they have detected it.

>finally decided to buy this game
>start doing tutorial
>get to the gauntlet
>hey this is kind of fun
>do the gauntlet so many times I create a temporal holocaust
>holy fuck it's 5am
>sleep? nah fuck that I got other plans
>jam my shadowplay files all together into a video like a retard

I hope you guys like it, my retard video:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUQJBD-Rm-o

I don't understand how things like an overlay can be punishable. It's not an aimbot, nor does it affect the game itself, it's just a visual help

>nor does it affect the game itself, it's just a visual help
a visual help does effect the game. it makes aiming easier for you than the other person. dotn get me wrong, i use modified crosshairs to, but it is unfair no matter how you spin it.

Instead of modifying the files, just use an overlay.

I guaranfuckingtee you the problem isn't the reticule, it's the fact you're modifying a bunch of game files the devs don't want you to touch.

>34 seconds
Not bad, user. Not bad. I think my personal top time is 32 seconds.
Now you can learn to bunnyjump

an overlay should in theory be easier to see. if fairfight can look at what programs you are running on your computer, then your overlay is detected.
the only actual 100% surefire safe way is to draw a dot on the monitor yourself with a marker