I'm slowly starting to re-hype for Honda

When I first head the CTR was coming to the states, I went through three phases.

First I daydreamed about the time I managed to test drive an Integra type R when I was still in high school and all the great feelings it gave.

Then I remembered the disappointment of the USDM K series engines, and I began to think that this was just a marketing ploy to make some fast cash, after all, the novelty of owning the first stateside type r since the ITR and the first ever stateside CTR is enough to get the WRX fuckboys on the train.

Then it lapped the ring and I began to get excited
We finally have it back
The FWD ecoshitbox with rice on it that fucking stomps cars more expensive and theoretically "better" than it, and leaves literally every other brand's enthusiast community fucking fuming.

This isn't the ITR that Honda was willing to lose money over, but goddamn does it seem like they got the spirit that spawned the ITR in the first place back.
But as a burger I don't often pay attention to non USDM variants (no point if I can't have them) so maybe they've been doing this and we're being left out.
What's Veeky Forumss thoughts? Is it what the BRZ should have been?

two things people will dislike about it

1. the looks
2. fwd

Maybe the price, but at $35k I think it's worth it

>Then it lapped the ring and I began to get excited
don't be one of those fags desu f a m

>Is it what the BRZ should have been?
Those guys care about RWD and drifting more than performance so no.

I'd honestly buy it for those tail lights alone. They look incredible in the dark, especially when the car is black.

I just don't see the problem with the FWD part.
How many of us are honestly going to get into a do or die situation where the only thing that could have saved us was the drivetrain? It just seems like a silly thing, and they can never just write it off to personal preference, there has to be an air of superiority. "Haha, silly peasants with carts, gaze upon my wheelbarrow"
And yeah, worth 35k for sure, but I do wish it was closer to 30 even.

>looks and sounds like an angry Prius

It was more of an ode to it actually being able to perform mate. I have nothing else to gauge it on but a nurb time that has suburu fanboys on evo-tier damage control.
I'm not saying nurb times are all that matters, I am saying it spanking "better" competition the way it did reminds me directly of the ITR, and makes me very excited

if you wait a year, they're going to start selling a bare bones version of the type r which will probably be closer to $30k (I'm guessing $32k).

no AC style like the ITR? Noice but where I live 100 F is common.
State law literally says new cars have to have working AC to be sold.

from what I heard it's just a no option type r, not a stripped out track car

this is stupid, but I feel you man.

Here's my two cents on the Type R.

The original type R was a sleeper; a car that looked like a slow shitbox civic with little in the way of appearance differences, however, it was a fast little track car. The new one adds Asia's yearly consumption of rice to the exterior, however, as rice nowadays signifies a slow car instead of a fast one, it's still a sleeper of sorts in a twisted way: it's a pure track car in a sea of riced out civics with stock suspensions and overboosted engines on stock internals.

Except the Focus RS is ricer AF

I wish the rear at least resembled the older one.

seriously. those tail lights are pure sex

It does. the new one has a single piece tail light. it isn't easy to remake something like that in the modern era without having it look dated. Porsche brought back single piece tail lights on the up coming generation 911 but it can't look too much like the 993.

On paper it would seem a great idea that cars keep throwing everything they make at the "ring"..

But few realize the consequences..

The focus rs rides like absolute shit, the seats just as well be made of plastic because of how uncomfortable they are and what in the actual fuck is the deal with the dampers.. are they filled with sand? I have to dodge to-go drink cups layin in the fuckin road just so my fillings wont rattle out of my teeth

>throw fits when the car that laps the nurb is slightly different than the street version
>throw fits when the car that laps the nurb is the same as the street vers
>throw fits when the only affordable RWD coupe that handles well is a Miata
>throw fits when the BRZ is released because it's underpowered

And you wonder why they just make crossovers and tell you to fuck off

Where do u get your drugs user..

Not to mention all the shitposting we have to deal with from retards who can't afford the car much less come within 5 minutes of the lap times these professional drivers are setting

memes sell cars. no one ever hears shit after the sale is made.

Shilling for toyota supports my bath salts habit

>production cars
who cares lol

Good job for Honda, but does it have to be this ugly? What the fuck is it with 3 (?) tailpipes on the back? What are they thinking? Not only is it huge, but the design is so excessively edgy that I would actually disregard it because of it, and I'm not a guy that really cares about how cars look.

Imagine buying it in your late 20s and 30s after having something that looks normal. You'd have all the wierd looks and you'd have to explain to every person you know that you're not a manchild.

>having to explain yourself
Manchildren, women, and boyfriends explain themselves, men get what they want and explain it as so.

It doesn't seem like they will be making it in yellow. Yellow has suited the Type R moniker well in the past, but you can't go wrong with that championship white.