Best Shitbox Thread

Post what you believe is THE best shitbox available on the market. Cheap pricetag, "good" performance/aesthetics, horrible crash safety- post 'em all.

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6085355306.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3000GT would be good if finding one that hasn't been riced to death with 200k miles and not taken care of wasn't hard.

RX-8 with a new/overhauled engine.
>more power than GT-86
>less weight than GT-86
>actualy NEEDS to be redlined daily
>50/50 weight distribution
>suicide doors
>BRAPBRAPBRAP
>can get even more power with ordinary tools
>when ported 300hp+
>and even more brap

>new engine
>rotary
>new rotary engine
>cheap pricetag

In my area, probably the Honda Prelude. Things are dirt cheap here, but the SH trim with ATTS is quite rate

>suicide doors
and back seats large enough for people to fit in

What do you think about the Chevy Cobalt? It's super cheap and you can find Cobalts from the late 2000's for under 5k. This one is an 06 listed for $3k. I drove one a few weeks ago. Not especially fun but you can get usually 40mpg out of them.

also I'm interested in this thread. Currently looking to buy a cheap shitbox.

Pontiac G5's too. They're very similar.

Celica GT-S
something about these cars, before and after the face lift, just gets me so hard. They really, really try for you, it's almost cringy, but that's why you love it. Because that's all it wants you to do. It knows it's just another econobox at heart, but it tries with every fiber of its being to be something else. It's retarded, fundamentally skewed, living a perpetual existence of pain, confusion and self-loathing. But then some teenager or depressed middle aged guy looking for a work runner comes along and finds him, and an incomplete operation is fulfilled. Two idealized realities are communicated between the driver and the car, a bond is made and understood. You're in it together.
I'd get a facelifted gts if not for having no backspace, and I was going to get a fifth gen until an actually nice subie popped up. Not the sixth gen though. I don't know what happened there. Those cars truly have no place, except to be whored out by the eager ricing masses maybe.
Someone needs to apologize to the celica. It does too much and gets too little back.

"The Celica is an ugly girl that gives decent head and has a heart of gold"

The cobalt and g5 would definitely be up there. Even the cobalt SS is cheap as fuck.

She was a good girl.

4th Gen Firebirds and Camaros? Can still be found fairly cheaply and in okay condition for $4000-$6000

actually feel bad calling it a shitbox

got mine for 2500, has a decent 9-speaker harman kardon sound system too.

>lighter than a GT86

No, it's 100 to 200 pounds heavier depending on trim

>40mpg

On the XFE you can. I had a Cobat and a G5 and both averaged around 28-30.

Ford Focus SVT. Best hot hatch shitbox. Really hard to find though. I found a 2004 for 4700 on Craigslist with 114k miles and I'm so tempted.

Geo metro.. reliable AF, equally as cheap, stupid unsafe, shitbox

Either one of these or an 86 if you can find one cheap.

Good on gas, fun af, cool 80s aesthetic, cheap, and you die instantly in a crash

Driving a dodge stealth here, I agree... 220 fwd hp cannot be argued with

you had me at die instantly

I really wonder how poorly this thing would do in a crash. Frame looks good but still...

My shitbox was a good deal. With the Saturn brands death all of the cars keep dropping in value. 200hp for $3k, horrible crash test rating. Surprised this thing still exists when it was meant to meet a tree a few thousand miles ago.

Best I've got was 26mpg and you have to use premium...

it's super cheap, RWD and very reliable.

5th gen a best.

Wtf I want a gts now

I read this post and saw a lady driving one of these to work this morning. She had a 'celica' license plate frame and the car was very clean. I couldn't help but think of this post and how happy that Celica must be to have a loving owner.

>>when ported 300hp+

Citation needed.

Porting a renesis has little benefit unless going full peripheral port.

You can easily reach 300hp with a turbo, max power na is around 230hp with a very good tune on 98 octane with a stock ported engine with full exhaust.

Firebird with TA package and 3.8L V6

You won't be going fast but at least you look cool and don't completely break down all the time

Yep! MR-2 Any of 'em. They're all great in their own way.

3rd gen for handling

2nd gen for speed / cruising

1st gen is 80's as fuck

>super cheap
I wish, I live in the northeast and literally every single box Volvo has been bought by college-town hipsters and run into the fucking ground.

You might check out the Focus from '08+ too. I've driven both and the Focus is better in many respects.

C R O W N V I C T O R I A

because you don't give a fuck about gas mileage, performance, and not exploding when you get rear-ended, you just want 20 feet of barge to park across three spots and fit a whole IKEA floor display in the trunk

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6085355306.html
found one nearby that's a 2005 for $3000 with only 58k miles on it. worth checking out?

It does either 190 or 230hp stock depending on the version.

/thread
this
underrated