What is the car equivalent of the AK 47?

What is the car equivalent of the AK 47?

In case you're not familiar, the AK 47 is an extremely rugged weapon that operate with little to no servicing in the harshest environments while delivering performance that makes NATO rifles jealous, ie increased penetration and stopping power.

So what's the closest I can get to that? A high horsepower, rugged car that I can beat the shit out of with little to no worry?

No jeeps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IFx5b5Tpjfc
youtube.com/watch?v=K4wzXIP-fQE
youtube.com/watch?v=D6nJola1Ei8
youtube.com/watch?v=J8FRVX4eV9o
youtube.com/watch?v=9Gsnuxli4Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=1VoDR33SVs0
youtube.com/watch?v=soRKSRzlNWk
youtube.com/watch?v=9APzYqwXckw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think we had this discussion a while back.

general consensus was the Volvo 240. A rugged, dependable car that attributes its reliability to simplicity and can easily be made better.

A Corolla. Simple, loose tolerances, reliable and extremely average across the charts.
Then you realize that it's a bit too average, has shitty performance and is just in general a boring piece of shit. 3rd world countries run them to the ground then pass them on to be run on the ground some more.
It still does what it was intended to do, just that there are much better ones for that job too if you can be arsed to get involved even a bit.

>loose tolerances
>reliable

those are mutually exclusive.

I'm searching and I can't find a recent model. What's the best year? Should I avoid the turbo or go for it?

Not necessarily, see ladas for example. They are anything but reliable.

Obviously you don't watch the Teletubbies.

Turbos have forged internals, they're even more reliable. Stay away from automatics and diesels as those were outsourced to the japs and germans which are not all that reliable.

That makes sense. My neighbor has like 4 corollas. I've wondered why and now I know.

Lada Niva

youtube.com/watch?v=IFx5b5Tpjfc

>recent model
They don't make cars that are comparable to the AK anymore. Your best bet is something from the early 90s.

90s shitbox civic

Fuck yes I approve this. I got a 1990 Toyota Corolla and that bitch survives anything. Shitbox has been in numerous accidents and has walked away with minor scratches and rarely any dents but the other car looks destroyed as fuck. 90s shitbox are the GOAT of the car world

Lada Niva is still made, nearly unchanged for decades

The Nida runs just fine with 76 octane gas btw

Assuming they exist where OP lives.

You're kidding yourself. Every third world mine on earth is powered by 2H and 1HZ Toyota diesels in troop carriers and utes as well as SD33 Nissan and various Kubota in so many forklifts, EWP's and other machinery it's not funny.

The Honda Civic. Shit lasts like a million years, doesn't need a whole lot of maintenance and their a dime a dozen.

i agree with the taliban taxi

They mean the diesel model 240's you cuck

>7.62x39mm
>powerful
>any intermediate cartridge
>powerful
>Anything under 7.62x51mm
>relevant

Fuck off neo /k/

Where's IVAN when you need him?

What about the Mercedes 200d?

Hilux or Land Cruiser

>reliable
>cheap
>globally available
>used by dunecoons to slaughter each other in the name of Allah

The Toyota Hilux if you're counting trucks in place of cars.
They're technically military vehicles.

Toyota taco / hilux
The are relatively cheap
They are very tough to kill
They aren't actually all that great in capability.
They are very overrated, but cheap, simple, and reliable for the most part.

The Volvo 240 is a mosin nugget.

> all these Amerifats saying Hilux

Hilux's are shit, the 80's ones rust like fuck and are gutless pigs
The 90's one are just still gutless prices of shit and are fucken ugly

The 'Ak47' of cars is the Lada Niva
> Cheap
> Robust
> featureless
> crude

probably a diesel truck

Nissan Patrol, either the rugged 4.2 GQ or the powerful and also rugged 4.8 GU youtube.com/watch?v=K4wzXIP-fQE
youtube.com/watch?v=D6nJola1Ei8

old american trucks

youtube.com/watch?v=J8FRVX4eV9o
youtube.com/watch?v=9Gsnuxli4Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=1VoDR33SVs0
youtube.com/watch?v=soRKSRzlNWk

>In case you're not familiar, the AK 47 is an extremely rugged weapon that operate with little to no servicing in the harshest environments while delivering performance that makes NATO rifles jealous, ie increased penetration and stopping power.
kek newfag ruski.

Lada niva is closest.
Offroads just as good out of the box, isn't as comfortable or as advanced or as modular as american trucks with all their fancy bodywork. Shit to drive, cheap to make, breaks often but is easily fixed. Also no bed(rail system) so can't carry as much shit as murrican trucks.

Murrican make greatest military technology but okay cars since all their power is focused on the arms race.
Russians are behind on the curve but manage to stay within a decade arms wise but make dogshit vehicles

I gotta go with hilux

probably this

Any Japanese engines have far from loose tolerances my dude. That's why they last so long.

depends. a land cruiser 70 or a hilux is the equivalent of a well made ak, something shitty like a uaz512xx or a land rover is the equivalent of chinese ak.

b-but... chinese AKs are actually considered some of the best. American AKs are ironically the ones that are considered the worst, especially before the past few years.

The 3k civic.

>AK
>reliable
nice meme
youtube.com/watch?v=9APzYqwXckw

Obviously the Hilux. You can get an AK wet, crushed, blown up and the thing will still work. You also can't kill a Hilux.

>increased penetration and stopping power.
but that's just wrong

anything with a 4age

Any non modern domestic truck will take all the abuse a Hilux can take and more.

>18 second 0-60
I want one :(

> What is the car equivalent of the
> AK 47?
>
> In case you're not familiar,
golf 2 is the only answer

pic related

>.308-fag thinks he knows anything about anything
really makes you think. I bet he'll start ranting about Zimbabwe next.

:^)

the peugeot 504

$3k civic

>tfw going to sell WASR and Vepr and buying an arsenal