Legitmate maual thread

So I decided to try to drive manual

I fucking suck and gave up
My older brother lent me his 2010 chevy camaro (Le GM is shit meme) and I don't fucking get it

>Driving up hills was a fucking challenge and I cant overcome a hill without rocking back like 20 feet, because what the fuck. (can someone give me tips for this)
>why the fuck do I basically have to restart when at a stop sign? What I mean is, why do i have to restart at that same bullshit at first gear
>why does clutching in too far make the car stall

I'm trying not to be an ignorant fuck and give it an actual try, but this shit is worst nigger shit i've ever experienced

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1gxVbxYk
youtube.com/watch?v=sIWSfypPxcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>luxury cars are for niggers maymay
At least call me a 90+ year old grandpa or something.

>how do i drive up hills
the same way you drive everywhere else
>why do i have to go back to 1st
you dont have to. in fact, since its your brothers car, you can start all the way up to 3rd gear if you want!
>clutching in too far makes the car stall
lol no it doesnt

you dont have to like manual. manual is the DUDEWEED of automotives

I'm just going to leave this here

That generation of Caddy seems the least "luxury" of them all, like they just look like plastic shit.

>Driving up hills was a fucking challenge and I cant overcome a hill without rocking back like 20 feet, because what the fuck. (can someone give me tips for this)
Start letting the clutch out, and as soon as it starts grabbing take your foot off the brake and IMMEDIETLY start giving it gas while continuing to let the clutch out.

>why the fuck do I basically have to restart when at a stop sign? What I mean is, why do i have to restart at that same bullshit at first gear
...... Why do you have to start in 1st gear?

>why does clutching in too far make the car stall

Because there's something wrong with the car

It feels pretty comfy to me, desu.

>mercedes are for black women
>lexus are for black men
>cadillac are for other black men
what

Some faggots just don't understand. You're one of those faggots.

Good argument.

wow
thats a great looking penis

>why do i have to restart at that same bullshit at first gear

because it gives you the torque needed to start rolling without much throttle. Go ahead, try to start off in 3rd gear, see how far you get before your brother guts you for cooking his clutch.

>lexus and cadillacs only exist where niggers exist
coincidende?

The joke is it does have plastic inserts and a transverse engine (FWD).

Actual version

tip for starting on jills without rolling: apply handbrake and give a little gas while you clutch out, as soon as you FEEL the car is biting, let off handbrake andngive more gas while you clutch out

This
Your ebrake last a long fucking time and it's better to wear it out before the clutch. The ebrake is also easier and cheaper to replace.

It'll wear the clutch since it has to try and move the wheels that are already locked, but this is a situation where you just take the L because it's the best way to do the job.
As long as you're not slamming it against the limiter it with the clutch half in it should be fine.

Jesus Christ. Do Americans really still drive around in cars made in the 80s?

Lots of people drive cars from the 80s in western Europe and I assume that's the case in eastern too.
Go back to /pol/ kiddo.

Do you not?

Dude it took me about 10 minutes to learn stick, including hills. You should just give up.

Not a mustang guy, but that looks pretty decent. Is it yours?

Of course not, I'm not a poorfag. I find is amazing people can drive cars that are over 30 years old.

Only the poor people.

It's decent from 15 feet lol, but yeah. Just finished a cobra/SO brake conversion so it actually kind of stops now, next up is welding in subframe connectors and then I look into un-choking the engine.

Because it's too difficult for you doesn't mean it is for others.

I drive an 84 rx7. It's pretty cool, my guy. It's neat to see what "was" compared to what"is." Also easier to work on.

All depends on how it was kept.

No, just fucking no. Stop saying this nob Jesus fixing Chrissy you no car autists

Go to flat parking lot without shit to hit
Put it in first and slowly let clutch out without dicking touching the throttle
Repeat a hundred times

DON'T TOUCH THE FUCKING GAS PEDAL

If you american monkeys have problem with manual + big ass engines with a fuckload of torque then you might just want to KYS because you're embarassing.

Try do drive manual in an european 1.X engine without torque, better if NA, you'll probably shoot yourself in the head.

Of course we do. It's what happens when you make RELIABLE cars. I know that's a foreign concept to your European shithole.

Please don't engage in this crap, annoying as baitposters on both sides are. You're better than this.

>better than a tripfag

Is this an alternate reality?

If you dont get it, go google videos on how a stick transmission works.

Really fucking hate americans, why do you pretend it's even marginally hard to drive a fucking car? If you drive an automatic it should be way easier. Everyone I know including me learnt to drive (only manuals here) in just some hours. I believe it'd take less than an hour for someone who already knows automatic.

>what do you do if the car is rolling?
Start letting off the clutch until it bites, then let off the brake/e-brake and blip the throttle.

>why do you drive exactly like you drive an automatic?
Because 1st gear gives you more torque to start rolling from standstill. Tip: any automatic does the same, you just don't do it manually.

>why is the car not working like it should?
Read

Must be a V6 Camaro. Get something with V8 torque.

Maybe he doesn't have someone to teach him. If someone was raised in the desert they wouldn't necessarily know how to swim, now would they? They could look it up on the internet but that's not quite the same as personal instruction.

This thread proves that nobody on Veeky Forums knows how to drive manual.

Just watch these 2 videos from British driving instructors and you will learn how to drive manual in no time.

Nearly all the advice given in this thread is either slightly incorrect or just plain wrong...

youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1gxVbxYk

youtube.com/watch?v=sIWSfypPxcA

Pro tip: If you want to learn how to drive manual, watch tutorials by European driving instructors. Fuck all the 16 year olds and rich 26 year olds who can't really teach you anything because they don't know how to properly teach.

Also ignore retarded yuropoors who say driving manual is just an hour's worth of time, they're probably driving diesel cars and not petrol.

If you know how to drive a car, be it manual or automatic, you almost know how to drive the other.

I've never driven automatic, but imagine I'd only need to know what to do to get rolling, and what each "gear" does.

And if you know manual, you know it very well how easy it is.

Read everything I said above. In my country, few people drive automatic, and nobody has to watch youtube videos like faggots to fucking press a pedal and move a stick around.

Yes, I know manual, I learned on a fucking upgraded cable clutch. My dad taught me to learn the bite point by just using the clutch to get going (but not doing that in normal driving) and balancing your foot on both the gas and brake pedals for hills. OP clearly hasn't had that, he's out on his own trying to go by some shitty youtube video.

You'd be surprised at how hard it is for some people.

My ex-GF got a Fit with paddle shift when we were together, and she couldn't even understand how the different gears worked and why you'd upshift or downshift in any given situation. I can only imagine how hard it would have been for her to try to learn stick.

The thing that gets me is the fact that while nobody here has a problem with manual, some americans struggle in even a hill start.

C'mon, 18yo girls and grandmas drive manual without a problem, it's really not hard. The only thing I can imagine is having way less than half the population knowing how to drive it, and so, nobody to teach.

Also to
My father taught me when I was 13 in a 73 beetle

>americans struggle in even a hill start

Thats because these rets dont want to use the handbrake.

Howdy, Ahmed.

Y'all nigaas are small time.

I learned in an 80s truck with no brake. All I do Is let off the brake and release clutch as I hit gas

Yea ur a real superior human been.

Thanks for acknowledging my superior skill m8

OP stated he is literally just learning. And he has no one to teach him, he's by himself. It's not like he's been driving for years and still has issues.

Don' even need the e-brake. What' so difficult about braking, then accelerating? Don't even need to be that fast, just wait for the clutch to hold the car still for less than a second.

Actually, he didn't say it, but I'm assuming he already know how to drive automatic. If he doesn't, that's totally understandable, as he don't know anything and don't have anyone to teach him.

some people are actually interested in working on cars, or are into modifying cars for racing. In those cases it's a lot easier to own a car that's 20 or so years old, that has a lot of information out there, and that has a lot of aftermarket parts.

If youre just spending lots of money to buy a new fast car thats great but at the same time it's boring. I'd still want a project car no matter how rich I was

Mine's from the 60's!

Pretty much this. I told everyone I knew how and my sister-in-law bought a stick without knowing how to drive one or having any interest in learning. I needed to get to an appointment and she had the only car I could borrow, so I jumped in it and went. It's really not rocket science.

Nobody taught me.

just got my first manual car. im scared o. someone hold me. i feel like i need to take a xanax everytime i drive now.