Brakes before power they say

I'll spare you the blog I was originally going to post, and just post some pics.

First up, mein car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I53BwjAsZAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck using junkyard used parts to "upgrade" brakes. Took fucking forever to have to spare cash, but finally.

Install was 4/10 in terms of difficulty, nice and easy. Only pain in the ass was bolting together the 2-piece rotor, have to use red loc tight and safety wire the bolts together. This took at least 3 hours to do for the pair.

It decided to rain for 2 days straight in most of America, had to cover the work and hope the rotors don't start rusting since I removed the protective oil their shipped in.

Fuck I'm loving this look, haven't had the chance to bleed the system yet and drive, fucking rear calipers both had jammed bleeder screws. welp 200 burger bux for replacement rear calipers it is.

You can't just post pics of your new brakes. You gotta tell us why you are doing it, and all the specs, like disk diameter, number of pistons of the brake calipers...
Also waiting for impressions on the driving.

>Brakes before power they say
finally someone who doesn't immediately go for the engine when modifying!
Love wilwood. Hope they serve you well user!

I almost went with the wilwoods but the 28mm rotor is thinner than the "junkyard tuning" z32 30mm rotors. The price is right though. Good first upgrade. Those cars have shit stock brakes.

Those are looking like a tight fit! Congrats on your good taste and thinking bro.

>brakes worth more than the shitbox they're on
lel

Have you priced out a clean s13 lately? Your joke makes no sense.

What an ugly fucking car, looks like a rip off of a vette, and I don't even like vettes either

yiff in hell furfag

I went a different route.

looks nice user
Silvia front and regamaster evos when?

yeah, that fuckin' rice tax is ridic

I'd just buy another Boxster for a beater at this point

Fuck I want a 240SX.

>he said as he puttered away in his poorfag NA Miata

go spin out in a 5mph turn again

stoptech is decent no?

It's fucking ugly lmfao

you're fucking ugly. See incase you forgot again.

It's an ugly car, get over it

looks a million times better than your shitbox Miata.

Is there anything more pathetic than Miata owners.

Hey guys I have a serious question. Why not equip a lightweight car like a Miata with some ridiculous oversized calipers, 6 pot calipers front and rear, and some insane 275 tires front and rear? Isn't braking power essentially a function of tire grip? In theory this Miata should be able to stop faster than anything else on the road.

>furfaggot gets BTFO in another thread
>Goes to another one to vent hiw anger
>Also gets BTFO

It's like clockwork. Always ends up with him being banned, and he's too retarded to know how to evade bans LMAO

I can evade bans fine, problem is when they ban my trip and force me to go user
My miata doesn't exist lol, I cut it up to put into my datsun

Sad!

>n-n-nuh uh I can evade!

Go service some dogs again no 1 curr

apparently you care enough to make a post about it

>go service some dogs
>yfw he actually will

and you care enough to sit here and furiously f5 the thread waiting for your precious (you)s.

Sad!

When are you LS swapping it?

This will make it 100x better, but it still needs stiffening to fix that noodle chassis.
However, nothing can fix how ugly it is.

It's the only way he can get any. He doesn't even deny it at this point.

@17101437
Sorry, didn't realize you got no (you)s from this post. Here it is, champ, or is it Fido? Sorry, Felix, didn't mean to point out how pathetic your life is.

They're pretty good for the price point. I've run stoptech pads for a while and been happy with them.

notice he leaves the second he doesn't get his (you)s

>buying expensive pads to run in your shit factory brakes

How would pads give you any idea how their big brake kits perform? I ran stoptech pads in my z32 calipers and they were nothing exciting. Bigger rotors are night and day.

My rotors are already big enough.

How big?

Pretty big.

for you

>those rims

Good lord those are ugly.

Big rotors don't do shit unless you have big tires too.

can't tell if you didn't get the joke or you're just baiting

How big?

>in most of America
Wow, you're retarded.

>240 owner
Yes.

He won't say because they are probably not that big.

neat af op

when should I be going for better calipers? I feel like my brakes do just fine but i kinda just wanna get some nice new ones

OP here. Didn't think this thread would get much traction posted so late in the night. Complete with a tripfurfaggot shitposting in my thread.

For those that were nice here's the full specs off the top of my head.

Specs:

Purchased in 2005 as first car.
1993 Nissan 240sx SE factory 5-speed w/HUD.
270k miles on body and ~145k on rebuilt KA24DE.
Color matching S14 Seats.
Energy Poly bushings (black) bumper to bumper, including sub-frame bushings.
Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers default springrates (7kF/6kR i think).
Unknown OZ Racing 17x7in aluminum wheels w/ custom powdercoat to match car paint.
225/45/R17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports x 4
Wilwood Superlite 4 piston brake kit w/ 12.9 in rotors.
Steel brake lines on all four corners.
I'm too lazy to type up the full mod list of the engine, so pic related. It was a full rebuild machined to spec with a small overbore and had a warranty, I was 18 at the time so my parents vetoed a SR frontclip. Wire harness from Wiring Specialties is next.

I've done some track day events at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) but that wasn't the main motivator for getting the big brake kit. I factored in my long term goals on power (~400 rwhp) and parts availability in the future. Wilwood isn't going anywhere, what left was Nissan's stock of spare parts for our cars. I gave up on Chinese refurbished parts, they barely hold up under normal driving and under performance stresses they fail in the matter of months. So if factory dealership parts are not available, I have to turn to aftermarket to provide the same or better quality.

I try to have any modification I do make it easier to work on the car, the intake manifold pictured frees up an amazing amount of space on the cold side of the engine. Changing the brake pads on these new calipers involves a single bolt on the top of the caliper then the pads slide right out.

I'll post an updated picture when the job is done, with impressions on braking ability etc.

316x30mm

L S 3 S W A P
S
T

Maybe, but to do it without using junkyard parts from a truck its 10 grand minimum.

What's wrong with using truck parts?
The car already has a truck motor in it

Any track videos of it?

Sadly they are on Digital8 tape in my closet, nothing impressive anyway. As consolation have a clip of when I went to a Formula Nippon time trial at Okayama International Circuit in 2006.

youtube.com/watch?v=I53BwjAsZAk

How much did you buy it for in 2005?

Bone stock 140k miles $2500 USD

It was listed for a day and a half, some guy got first dibs but the bank denied his loan request (ha!). The 240 drift craze was just getting started in America, so it was priced at kelly blue book by a unknowing seller. Seller used it for 5 years as his collage grind, got himself a A4 Audi. As my Dad was writing the check, he got 3 phone calls asking if it was still available.

Spent another $2500 having the engine rebuilt, new clutch (later upgraded to exedy stage 1), fluids, wear items, etc.

It's been reliable as fuck, but now its getting to the age where it can't be a DD much longer. Parts are getting hard to find, and more expensive.

Very nice, but dont knock the "junkyard" mods. My 4 pot z32 front calipers and q45 rears are breddy bitchin for under $200. Thats including Brembo blank rotors and akebono pro+ pads. The 240sx loves being bastardized... The right way

Don't get me wrong, for most brake solutions I avoided using some combo of parts (cts-v brakes, z32, z33 etc...) simply because I wanted to avoid brake balance issues, requiring a brake balance valve to correct. My beef with junkyard/used parts is mainly because I have zero plans on selling this car, so all my purchases have 10+ year/100k+ mile use case. Without a full refurbishment of a used part, I can't rely on it.

If you want a combo setup that probably puts you close to what my Wilwoods can do for cheap, then right on. Though rarely does any stock part from another model car "just bolt right up" and have perfect expected wear/life.

Cool.
How are you going to get to the 400+ hp figure? Are you gonna turbo the ka24 or are you going to swap it?

Last post for tonight, but it will probably involve a certain meme v8 engine. L33 5.3 with a cam gets me close to that.

What a shame. Don't ruin this car with a Chevy engine.

this desu
sr20, RB or bust faggot

He said he wanted to have the car for a long time, so it makes sense that he prefers a "big", naturally aspirated and unestressed (even at 400 hp) engine over the ka24 or an RB (which is probably way more expensive and heavier).

I am not a big fan of chevy, but the price/power/reliability of an LS swap is hard to beat.

Not bad. Subaru?

Damn. Now that I've saved some money I'd like to do something like this too
I'd get a 90s car but I think they're getting too old now.. What's a decent relatively cheap 12ish year old you could get today and maintain for a long time?

what kind of faget says that

fucking Nissan, never selling the coupe S13 here

fuck off this and the RX7s are made for LS swaps

No you fuck off. Buy a c5 Vette if you love the ls so much. It's a better car in every way. S13 was made for a turbo 4 cylinder.

>S13 was made for an inferior engine

>I'll spare you the blog
>posts multiple blog posts

Currently running z32 rear and q45 fronts on my s13 coupe(all I could find in my junkyard). I thought the brake bias would be fucked, surprisingly not that bad though(using stock s13 bmc). All in all I paid less than $60 for the whole setup using junkyard parts, went there during a %50 off sale.

So you are saying that japanese engineers were sitting around in 1986/1987 dreaming about how the car they are designing will be fitted with American engines in 2009?