Best investment cars at the moment?

What cars are currently at a low point in terms of price, but you'll know they'll boost in the future. I'm personally going with GC8 WRX's, especially considering the rally history and pedigree they have.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Toyota-MR2-1989/OAG-AD-13845068/?Cr=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

really depends on how much money you are willing to spend and how long you want to sit on the vehicle

Pontiac G8 GXP

You can get them relatively low now, but mark my words, their prices will only go up as times goes on

Fiero. I'm already seeing it happen. Local dealer near me recently sold a low mileage 1988 GT model for 25k.
Snatch them up while they're cheap people.

BMW E30s in good condition. Their price will skyrocket, just like it happened with the old VW kafers

Buy an understeer BMW and get the industry's highest depreciation, lowest reliability, and fake engine noises in the cabin

I honestly don't see the appeal

will regular WRXs ever be worth anything or just STIs?

I think you just answered your own question

It's the only MR car from GM to make it to production. The chassis is a hyper-advanced and overbuilt steel spaceframe with plastic body panels. The body panels are not load-bearing or structural, so you can remove them and drive around with no detriment to safety. Pic very fucking related.
It's also the second safest car of the 1980s, second only to the Volvo 700 series.
The 2.8L V6 was potent for the time, and the 2.5L 4 cylinder, while slow, achieved over 40 MPG. It also had enough luggage capacity that you could use it every day.

Stock examples of both are going up in value, but the WRX won't ever be worth more than 13-15k. The STI however...

Hyper blue BRZ only 500 made

Id say basically any 90s BMWs, because people can still get that classy feel by owning one even if they are really old.

You could buy a nice e36 325i or 328i, and soon an e46 version, maybe a 330i.

Because so many are wrecked from not being looked after properly, they are dirt cheap, but easy to get parts for and you can find some amazing good condition ones.

Give it another 10 years and the 90s BMWs will take up where the 80s e30s are now. But for good reason because the ones that make it that far in good, driveable condition will be sought after and rare.

E30s are already expensive. an 85 325i would be maybe tripple the price of an equivalent 96 325i

It already happened. The only e30 with no rust and full mechanic history I found was a 316i for 5k eurobucks. But it had an entire box of mechanic receipts and one owner.

R35 GTRs, especially v -specs

Rx7 FD3S
If you can get one under 10k, and fix all the possible problems.

What price ranges are we talking about here? Because any $5k car you buy today will likely never be worth more than 10-15k. Do you really think it's worth storing/maintaining/insuring a car for years to see a $7k return? You'd have to buy 10 at a time for it to make any sense.

Buy car. Drive car. Stop making it overly complicated.

yeah, basically to have made it that far they have definitely been taken care of. So if youre planning to actually keep the car to the point it appreciates in value, keep looking till you find that perfect e36 (right now when theyre as low as theyll get) and do everything it needs, fix any rust, rust proof it, make sure everything is serviced and up to date. and then just... garage it haha.
Or be prepared to keep spending money WHENEVER something is needed, as soon as its needed.
If you daily it, you wont be making any money in the end, you'll just have great resale value in 10 or 20 years.

>car
>investment

Are you retarded?

>and fix all the possible problems

Like removing the rats nest that is the sequential turbo system and replacing it with with a decent single.

Agreed, because I really want one but just not enough to taint my history of strictly Japanese and German car ownership.

if you're asking Veeky Forums you can't afford them

Unless you're collecting pristine, museum worthy pieces of extremely exotic cars aimed at the fabulously wealthy they're not going to be worth shit.

The market for blue collar collectible vehicles is going to shrink rapidly over the next 10-20 years with the rising cost of fuel and legislation phasing out petroleum powered vehicles.

Your average "boomer" tier collector simply won't exist anymore, you won't be able to drive them on the road anymore, it won't be a fun car you can build up in your shed and take out for a spin on a sunny sunday etc

The market is literally going to be oldfag you and I sitting around wishing we'd flogged the shit out of more fun 90's cars before it was all too late.

A clean E24 is cheaper than an E30, definitely won't last. E31s are a bit underpriced, but you have to be careful picking the right car. I don't think E30s will go any higher, E36s will never be worth anything aside from M3s.

Classic cars are one of the most lucrative long term (10yr+) invstments if you can store them properly. Are you retarded?

STOCK Fd3s
>buy, buy, buy!

Stock R33 GTR
>buy, buy, buy!

Stock Clio 182 Trophy
>buy, buy, buy!

Stock is most important in the case of the FD, they've been left behind the Skyrine and shoopra boom, but they'll take off when there aren't any clean ones left

NSX & Supra will continue going up. Would not be surprised to see a clean one sell for in $250k 5-10 years.

Probably true, as will GTO prices and even LS1 cars. Aren't G8 GXPs still expensive though?

>fix all the possible problems.
>Obligatory ls2 apex seals shitpost
So you would need 500 dollars for an ls2 swap?

I'd say even up to 20k an FD is a safe bet.
Pre 93 Saab 900 turbos and convertibles.

urs4/urs6

>will never be worth anything aside from M3s.
Here in the UK you can't find a clean E36 328i for less than £2.5k

There's a brand new M6 for sale in Germany, I think Bremenn.

If you live in America, any car that's good on gas.
Friend in oil & gas industry was saying 2018 and especially 2019 will be golden for the company.

Was going to ask this too. I was looking at them 2 weeks ago and can't get into it for less than 25k or so, and that's with 50k+ miles. How is this inexpensive?

1st gen Boxster S can be had for $12-15k and I'm betting in 7 years it'll be worth more

Nothing you can afford. You can only 'invest' in cars which are appreciating but you won't spend ANY money on (so sitting collecting dust in a garage).

Only select Porsches

Everything else, especially BMWs, stay the fuck away from. M series losing 30k in 2 years on average because they mass produced shitboxes for teenagers who dont know better

>1st gen Boxster S can be had for $12-15k and I'm betting in 7 years it'll be worth more
Nah 1st gen boxsters are pretty much a miata with a porsche badge and porsche maintenance costs. They never have been desirable, and won't be. They are slow, the styling has aged very poorly, and they are a crap platform for tuning and mods. Not a car with much of an enthusiast market, because they're eclipsed by everything in the price range, a gigantic pain in the ass to work on, and generally just not great to look at.

Sheeit where do I find corollas like this?

Clownshoes.

And Bmw "Z" M cars

Honest answer:
Z32 twin turbo
3000GT VR4
E36 M3 and 328is
Integra GS-R
New Edge Mustang Cobra
SW20 MR2 Turbo

Only in manual, only in really good condition.

if i could afford right now, I would get a bmw 1 m coupe or a porsche cayman r. guaranteed to lose no value.

currently have a twin turbo supra I bought for 14k 4 years ago, and just sold my g8 GXP for 3k more than i bought it for. bth strong investment cars.

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Toyota-MR2-1989/OAG-AD-13845068/?Cr=0 what do you think?

auto

>1st gen Boxster
>worth more
kek
Maybe in 30 years when they're rare antiques.

Really good condition Jeep Cherokees in 5-10 years because I see them being hipster bait like the Wagoneer is now and those are selling crazy high.

If paying $8k for one with nearly 200k miles is a low point then I don't want to know what the high point is.