Miata General

>check catalog
>not Miata General

I'm buying a NA8 Miata with over 200k miles on it. Turns out my credit isn't great because I never borrow money. I wasn't raised a pleb. After this is paid of, I'm buying a mk3 supra because dream car.
First thing I'm doing is rebuilding the block with forged internals. What should be next? Is there anything I should look out for?

Other urls found in this thread:

mazdausa.com/vehicles/mx-5-miata
worcester.craigslist.org/pts/6105059326.html
youtube.com/watch?v=58eaYbkIHeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

10/10 op user, great job.

also
>good credit = being raised a pleb
>financing a cheap 20+ yr old car

keep riding the bus, and leave the generals to someone who ins't a retard

"Why are you buying a Miata. That's a girls car" said some faggot with a barebones, vanilla Ford Focus.

wait why are you borrowing money to pay off a Miata with 200k miles?

Would this paintjob look good on a NB Miata?

Oh god... this dude is about to take out a $4,000 loan at 37% APR at one of those "Buy here. Pay here." Dealerships.

All for a miata that is probably rusted out, bushings dead, and engine on the way out.

bro it's just temporary, gettin' dat supra after this pos is paid off

Here's how credit works:
Everyone starts with a blank slate, and a theoretical middle of the road credit score like 650. If you have no credit history, you cannot have good credit.
To get good credit, you must prove that you can make full payments on time for a long period of time. The better you are, the better the credit rating is.
The Miata I am borrowing money on is irrelevant. What's important is that I'm borrowing a little of 3 grand on a completely secured loan. I have already given the bank the money for this car, and they are going to exchange my payments with the cash I have already deposited with a 5.5% interest rate and a fee for processing. The processing fee isn't typically outside of the total interest payment, but if they didn't do that, they'd make less than $50 for the year duration.

also
>keep riding the bus, and leave the generals to someone who ins't a retard
>ins't
>isn't*

But my question is, what should I do to this thing before I give it away?

Man I wish I was 17 again.

see
And dat mk III supra

Oops meant to quote...
But yeah that paint job would probably look sweet if the NB was nice and it was done right.

I'm 25. I've never borrowed money. Never needed to until I wanted to buy a house. Turns out it's important to have a good credit score when you want to pay off $325,000 over 10 years. the difference between a 650 and 750 credit score is thousands of dollars.

Can someone make a new thread?

quit crying faggot and post miata

For the ND:
Sport, Club, or GT?

Mariner blue is objectively the best color for the NA miata. 2nd best is white.

>mfw I'm 25 and never borrowed money either.

Also I didn't know you could borrow as little as $3k from a bank.

Did you borrow from a major bank or?

Yeah I'll make one

They all have the same engine output.
It really depends on what extras you want and if you think they're worth the mark up
mazdausa.com/vehicles/mx-5-miata

Yeah, you can. There are a shitload of different loans.
Mine is a larger personal loan as opposed to a automotive loan.
I compared 4 local banks and 3 national and went with a local one.
They'll all loan to you if it's secured (collateral or % paid up front). Unsecured loans are more likely to be rejected, especially if you lack credit history.

To add to this, you will really want to sort out your credit now rather than later.

interesting. I also lack the complexion for protection so does this mean I'll have a harder time trying to get a loan?

Also do they ask what you need the money for and do you lie or straight up tell them the truth?

>complexion for protection
I'm confused by this. Are you saying you're not white/asian or...?
>Also do they ask what you need the money for and do you lie or straight up tell them the truth?
Depends on the loan. A personal loan, it can be for anything from a gun to a specially made himalayan salt dispenser. For a car, they usually have sticker rules because more money is typically being borrowed, and real estate loans generally take months of studying different variables because of the high amount of money involved.
Lying to a bank for a loan is fraud and can get you in some serious shit.

Pic related is my humble crew. Mines the white one. The mariner blue is my buddys. He got it for 500$ and its got a jackson supercharger. Wasnt running but just needed battery and fuel pump. Its goin strong now. The silver ones turbo'd

Always get the cheapest, most base trim for sportcars. Especially with the aftermarket the miata has. Personally, if i had the dough for an nd, RF would be my choice

sit down

be humble

Sit your lips on my shift knob.

Start humming

>I'm confused by this. Are you saying you're not white/asian or...?
exactly

Banks do not care. They care about employment history, wage, payment history, amount of debt, and collateral.
The loan officer is the final say, so no matter what your color, dress respectable clothes.

Since I was 18 I have been working for my families biz and got paid under the table and I only recently got a job where I can show employment history and wage and I have absolutely no debt at all.

Im assuming this will affect me negatively.

You can negate the negatives with collateral and having cash, and some banks aren't as thorough as you would imagine. Mine didn't actually check the last 7 years of employment, they just accepted it.
So if you need a loan for $3000, you'd need $600. Bonus points if you have an object that you could use as collateral like a car.

Ok cool, I actually have 2 cars. one is worth around $4k and the other is around $3k.

Thanks for being helpful user. I appreciate it.

np

I am considering selling my 90 because I don't want to ruin it as I start to become more serious with my track days. What's a fair price to ask? No rust, some chips in paint, 83k miles, runs good, mint interior, mint hardtop (headliner, defroster), and brand new all season bridge stones

i disagree. i think the white looks like shit. but blue looks good. altho there is a reason all the promo material used a red mx-5 ;)

I'd put it up for $4.5k

and would take no less than $3.8k

How much did you get it for?

Dude you're retarded for even thinking of financing a 20+ year old car, or any car older than 5 model years. Don't "rebuild the block" with anything, just get a running car for $3500-5000 that isn't a piece of shit.

In other news, Moss Miata is dope. Ordered my hose kit and it was at my house in a day. $120 gets you EVERY FUCKING HOSE in the cooling system, all OEM stuff.

I dumped like 6k into this thing when all is said and done

Paid 4K for it
Paid 1200 for the hard top
Paid like 400 in regtax
Paid 450 for the bridgestone tires
Paid 300 for alternator, brake pads, fluid, and rotors

That's about it. Not including the $900 I spent on a separate set of wheels and tires that aren't included with the sale

lol I also forgot the $280 exhaust I bought + $150 installation

Nice man. I wanted to get that kit but it was out of stock when I checked a few weeks ago. I almost bought the colored hoses too but said nah not paying out the ass for some dyed rubber

Yeah I called them to make sure it was in stock, I'll be taking this thing on a 5hr 1 way trip to LA in a few weeks and I don't want any surprises. The small hoses coming off of the thermostat T look like they've been weeping slowly and everything looked original, so I figured now is the time.

see

I just got done with one. My alternator failed an hour into it. Make sure you bring a spare battery you can hook up just in case and that will get you far enough to a gas station or parking lot for a tow if needed

What symptoms did you get prior, any? My window switches are causing my lights to dim and idle to drop at night sometimes. Alternator looks to be original, battery appears to be fairly new. Maybe I should just get the charging system checked before I go. I chalked the dimming lights to a poor ground somewhere but now you have me thinking...

>But my question is, what should I do to this thing before I give it away?
Not put a shit ton of money in it?

we did it boys, my miata finally started. runs strong but the exhaust is white, probably because the coolant hasnt been cycled through.

The first thing I noticed was my temp gauge was reading lower than normal. It usually sits just slightly left of center but it was wayyy further left than normal.

After that, I noticed my tachometer was bouncing all over the place and eventually stopped working. My radio didn't work and my lights didn't work either.

Then if I tried to give it hard gas, it would start jerking since I am guessing the fuel pump and spark plugs weren't getting enough power under high load.

LE HAGGARD GARAGE

How retarded is it to buy a certified pre owned 2016 Miata for 25k when you only make 50k a year?

Do you have the savings to pay for it and still have an emergency fund? Do you have the space in your budget to pay financing, if that's what you're going for (and still have an emergency fund)?

Base model doesn't get the limited-slip diff.

limited slip is a fucking meme anyways. get some half decent tires and you don't need it

Well my plan is to buy in about a year, giving me enough to to save for a down payment without skimming from my emergency fund. Hoping to have close to 10k saved for the car, while financing the remainder. I want the car paid off in no more than 4 years, with a monthly payment as low as possible.

Sounds to me like you're going about it in a sensible way. I don't really know other than that.

That's not true at all.

Which wheels(s) get the power can change how your car acts in many ways (think weight transfer). Also 2 great tires with an open diff will often lose traction more easily than 2 good tires with a mechanical LSD. Also, do you even drift?

>drifting

lol

Is a miata really that fun to drive?
I want to buy an old vapewagon (subaru impreza)
But miatas look fun too + they are cheaper, easier to work on. Are they more fun to drive than an impreza?

That feel when tons of 1.6 for sale and the only 1.8's are pieces of shit or automatic

it's not oem but it's a $300 hardtop with defroster
worcester.craigslist.org/pts/6105059326.html
should i go for it? i know nothing about these speedster tops and i'd very much like to remove the fake leather but i don't know if it's metal under there

>needs to take out a loan to afford an NA miata

bad life decisions ITT

I actually saw this ad myself and considered picking it up just to resell it but I don't know tbqh. It looks like one of those meme aftermarket fiberglass hard tops used for racing. My biggest point of contention was the latches looked like some unconventional meme latches that I have no idea how would incorporate with the miata's factory latches. You also need to have side latches for maximum rigidity.

I've driven both and I can say while the Impreza is a great car and practical, the Miata is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven, and I've driven a lot of cars. The best "smiles per gallon" is a true meme.

No power steering belt? If you want to delete power steering at least do it right.

>tfw miata is a super fucking fun winter daily with snow tires because you can drift whenever you want by slamming the pedal and have traction for days if you drive normally

I have to come across anyone who said this. Its just everyone saying people say this.

happened to me today. guy drives a jeep, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=58eaYbkIHeg

I took it off to service those coolant hoses, one of the clamps was a bitch. See the hoses just chilling?

Do you like Fiatas?

>forgot pic