>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in miatas for 3 years now

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow. (with four snow tires) Just be sure to spray off your undercarriage afterwards

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Parts/Miata/Wheels-Tires/Wheels.html
forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php?p=6430365&postcount=7
charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6107396999.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Installed a new bumper and headlights over the weekend. Looked familiar.

I guess someone in D1GP is running a 20b powered 1st gen Miata... Nice!

LOL @ that pic.

Damn that color is beautiful, if I ever repaint or wrap mine, that's what I'm going with.

NC on R32 wheels... hnngggg.

Guys should I buy this?

>tfw finally found a perfect set in state
>sold within hours of listing

damn good deal.

Jump on it

soon

Do ittttt. The hardtop seals the deal. You can get the rear panel fixed at maaco for less than 300$

SSR RS8 Watanabes incoming my mans

Do you guys "wave" to fellow Miatas on the road?

MX-5 is alive!

Hey MRS owner here.
Do our cars take the same wheels?

Is your bolt pattern 4x100?

Yes, although normally only other NAs and NBs. Most of the newer Miatas I've seen were driven by normies who look confused when you wave at them.

Yes it is. Are there any other important bits to consider?

Offset, wheel size, tire size. Do a little research so your wheels don't look retarded.

Okay . You miatabros got any lightweight, cheap wheels to reccomend that can survive tracking?
Considering JR12's.

>JR12's.
Those look like cheap bad quality knockoff wheels

Enkei RPF1's.

Kosei K1
949 Racing 6UL
Konig Helium or Flatout
Advanti Storm S1 or S2

RPF1, Storm S1, 6UL are pretty much the go-to Miata track wheels.

I got so excited today when i saw this really clean and NC. I couldnt wait to give him a thumbs up or something. After crawling trough traffic for an eternity, and being within sight of eachother. I was sure it was gonna happen. And then it did, traffic lined up just right, however this guy would not pull up next to me. I JUST WANTED TO SAY HI This isnt even the first time this has happened. Ive daily driven a NB for the past 7 years now, and to this day, ive never gotten a waive from a NC driver. EVER. Im done being hurt, fuck that gay car, you guys can go fuck yourselves for all i care. I cant even!

LOL damn how did I not think of this.

JR12's been used in mrs community after a greek time attack guy got them. They were said to be really solid and although I know they're fake volks I think they look great.

Enkeis I've considered but they're usually way pricier and harder to find. Althought they'd be perfect.
Are there any other reccomendations?

Thank you! disregard:
You miatabros are great! Thank you for your help!

see

>this is copy pasta
(you)

>He drives a Japanese roadster. He must have autism
>He drives an Italian roadster. He must be drowning in pussy

Every girl I've talked to prefers the ND.

>check craigslist multiple times daily for miata parts
>nobody ever sells anything good
>hard dog roll bar pops up today
>it's the M1 and not the sport

REEEEEEEEEEE I do not want to pay these ridiculous shipping costs

ND
>happy cat being stroked bit too hard
fiat
>abusive alcoholic boyfriend in a fit of rage

I think Veeky Forums might have a problem.

Too bad most girls are attracted to both.

Other thread was me,
and it's too late to delete.
It's dying off though, just don't reply in it.
>inb4 sperglords
>shoutout to sperglords

Some retard started it, and it turned into bad credit general. This is the real thread.

TRMotorsport C1/C1M if you're in NA. (They're Tire Rack's "house brand" so probably aren't available elsewhere.)

Good wheels, strong, light, and cheap, and I think they're pretty good looking too. I had the C1Ms (Spec Miata fitment) on my Mazda2, which takes the same fitment as Miatas, and they were great. (Pic related.)

I think you have a problem m8 wtf is up with your notifications.

Oh, actually, here they are on an MR2.

How can one man cry so much?

Only people I've seen on the road in the fiat are 30-something women most likely on lease program, its sorta weird
Also outside of the headlights ND looks so much more sexier. I can respect fiat for going classic and non-aggressive there, but good lord the rest of the car is ugly

They look like RPF1s if they were designed to match the NC, pigfat.

I've only seen them at the dealership, yet to see any on the road. Plenty of NDs though, usually the young professional type, or senior citizens.

Every time I wave at rare Miatas it's being driven by old women

Thanks! Sadly not US.

I am tempted to get jr12's and be a guinea pig for all mrs and miat users of Veeky Forums, but there's so much good choices right now

I have a NB Miata with shit paint that I plan on repainting later on this year and I plan on going full autist with it. Which of these liveries would look best on a NB?

2 or 3, 1 depends on the lines of the car too much. I personally like 3 the best.

good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Parts/Miata/Wheels-Tires/Wheels.html

Keith at Flyin Miata had(s?) a Matini Livery NA

forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php?p=6430365&postcount=7

any mods you guys consider required to do?

General maintenance, because most people that come here and ask WHAT SHOULD I GET FOR MY FIRST MODS typically completely ignore it.

>change all the fluids
>timing belt, accessory belts, spark plugs and water pump

3 because Mazda.

Imo It wouldnt make sense to put a porsche or lancia livery on a Mazda

im just waiting for my new fuel assembly to get in but i was thinking about reinforcement just all around. already got new headlights and wheels but the tires on them are kinda garbo
yea, all those are already replaced

Nice get.

back at you, friendo

>mfw

>> Cheap.

>> Greek guy bought them.

Oh, europoors.

do any of you actually have cool cars or are they all trash on 6ULs with anime stickers

What is cool to you user?

That paint job is niiiiice.

Do you make people who ride for the first time in the car push the lights button?
I get a chuckle from them every single time.

idk I will let you know when I have someone new ride in my car.

authentic modified roadsters. I will post examples

will post more later. pictures buried deep in my phone. can post some pictures of roadster magazine cars too. 13/14" wheels with a good lip/front bumper, and/or spoiler/and/or hood etc. good stickers like cibie, fet, sev marchal, road&ster, actual motorsport stickers

A few questions lads
What is the average insurance I'd be looking at for an MX-5 if I'm 22 a year after I've passed my test?
I'm 6'3 and 235lbs, so I'd imagine it'd be a squeeze for me. Is there more room if I fit a hard top?

idk call your insurance company. It varies too much on other factors.

yes, also foamectomy

Is a miata really that fun to drive?
I want to buy an old vapewagon (subaru impreza)
But miatas look fun too + they are cheaper, easier to work on. Are they more fun to drive than an impreza?

Lol mr2 dude is still stuck on wheels

All put back together.

Anyone ever used Hankook Ventus 2 Concept 2 on their Miat?

I want a tire that will
>screech
>do hektik skids
>not kill me in the touge

I currently have Toyo Proxes R1r and they stick like bubble gum and are dead quiet under all circumstances. Great for track times but terrible for hooning.

15" 6UL wheels. Turbo miat with Tein suspension.

Nah you should probably get the impreza

This is a stretch, but any knowledgeable Miata bros in Seattle know how to change a head gasket in a reasonable amount of time?

PO said radiator had some corrosion causing the coolant to look gross and I didn't notice the white smoke from the exhaust until the next week. Luckily I didn't drive it much and it never overheated, so I'm just praying the PO didn't overheat the fuck out of it like the retard he is and the head isn't warped at all.

Please send prayers if anything. I miss my Miat already. All I can do is sit in it on the side of the road where I parked it.

Do you like Fiatas?

Head gasket is super duper easy to fix. Like, a wrench and an hour kind of easy.
Just make sure you keep everything CLEAN and get ALL of the old gasket out of the head. I used a tooth brush and rubbing alcohol I think.

If you have problems beyond that I dont know

It looks like a fucking clown shoe

I mean...

I've had multiple people tell me that I should be doing much more while I'm working on it. Things like water pump, timing belt, thermostat, crank/cam seals... I don't think just putting a new head gasket on and calling it good would be good enough. I need to properly torque the bolts as well. I don't believe it's as easy as you're making it out to be at all.

I replaced about 6 HG's on various NA6's.

3 on personal owned

They take about an hour and follow advice and keep everything clean.

Yes, you SHOULD do a belt, pump, seal etc while the head is off, but if they are in good shape you can usually hold off on replacing them.

The only reason they say that is because the Miata engine is assembled in such a way that you might as well do all the other shit while you're at it, since you'll have to remove some of those components to get at the head gasket anyway.

Also according to the torque guide I, have it's 60 ft/lbs in 3 steps for the head bolts, if you didn't know or w/e

9 10
5 6
1 2
4 3
8 7

Seems to be the torque sequence

Wait /really/?
As long as the head isn't warped at all I can actually just clean off the old gasket, slap a new one on, and reassemble? Then put in new coolant and oil?

Do I not have to find the cause of the problem to begin with? Like how do I even begin to do that? It has to be a cooling issue for it to even happen right? Does anything other than the head bolts have to meet a specific torque specification?

Most Miatas will be better taken care of than a vapewagon. They will also be way more fun than a regular Impreza. If you're looking at WRX or STIs, the Miata won't be as fast in a straight line, but it will destroy the Subaru in the corners.

Miatas are more fun to hoon too because you can drive them harder without shit breaking, you can put the pedal to the floor without going to prison, and they fly under most cops' radars, especially if you're in an area where they're mostly popular with seniors.

Well, the way Mazda modified the cooling system when they made the 1.6 a longitudinal engine causes the rear 2 cylinders to get hotter than the front 2 so sometimes(albeit very rarely) the head gasket fails in the rear of the block under normal operating conditions.

I've heard the same condition exists in the 1.8 but I've only worked on 1.6's

Other causes are failing pump (they are cheap might as well buy a new one anyways) and bad radiator

I've done the whole "pull head clean and slap it back on with new head gasket" thing twice now, and both have about 15k miles with no problems so far

charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/6107396999.html

A man that knows what he has?

My NA is going to need brakes soon, so I figure I'd might as well upgrade while I'm at it. What's a decent rotor and pad setup that won't cover everything in brake dust, but still has better stopping power than factory-ish parts?

always, and it makes my day every time :)

And everything has a specification user, I only have the head bolt specs and on my 1.6's the crank bolt is at 120 ft/lbs

You'll need to look around for the rest of the specs, or maybe someone here knows them if you care enough

This is actually amazing news. I was getting mentally ready to drop a few hundred dollars on replacing absolutely everything, getting the head machined, and buying tools. But if I can get by by just replacing the broken head gasket and /maybe/ the radiator and water pump, that's incredible.

I'll definitely look up the torque specs for everything and at least get that exactly.

But you guys definitely make me feel like I can just work in O'Reilly's parking lot for a couple hours and happily drive away and enjoy the rest of my day.

I'll do more supplementary research, but this definitely seems to not be as big of a deal as I initially feared it was.

Thanks guys.

>craigslist
>manual transmission
>min: 1994
>max: 1997
>lsd
every day

one day

So fresh, so clean, so Shoney's.