Why is nobody buying these? Seriously, I can pick up a used one with 30-40k miles with the Cummins for upper 30s...

Why is nobody buying these? Seriously, I can pick up a used one with 30-40k miles with the Cummins for upper 30s. That's the platinum reserve level trim, too. I'm thinking about trading in my F150 for one.

What does Veeky Forums think of the XD?

>cummins
Oh neat I hope it'll be a smaller straight six or four banger
>veeee ayte
Oh... okay

It doesn't offer the benefits that people who like Cummins engines actually want, or do anything that a larger duramax or power stroke does. Including fuel efficiency.

The largest benefit is that it's a diesel in a half ton application which is cool, but the Ram ecodiesel is just as good, if not better and weighs significantly less. I think that Ford is also developing a diesel F150 for the next refresh and it will probably be a V6 or medium displacement 4 cylinder

go buy a ford 7.3 & enjoy your diesel godmachine for the rest of your life

The 5.0 Cummins isn't really a half ton engine nor is it a 3/4 engine, either. It makes a lot more power than the 3.0 "diesel" in the Ram. That goes for the 3.0 likely to be in the F150, as well. Those diesels aren't really made for max towing, they're made for fuel economy.

It's honestly the only decent Nissan now apart from the Frontier which is a decade old by now.

>XD

Because buying used trucks is stupid and they're fucking $70k new. The fact that they're dropping half their value after a couple years says a lot too. What's the point when you can get a Tundra or a real truck with a big diesel and a not completely shit ride?

To be honest, I've only saw 7 of these on the road believe it or not, and I live in Texas. The state that's crazy over pickup trucks.

I don't know much about them other than it having a Cummins Diesel under the hood.

I think I've seen 2, maybe 3, of these and I travel up and down the east coast for work very frequently.

It seems they just completely missed every mark. It costs as much as the big threes 3/4 ton diesels, but it can't tow as much and doesn't get any better gas mileage. Also, it's ugly as all hell.

my old boss bought one. check engine light came on, took them 6 weeks to diagnose it because there are no seasoned diesel technicians at Nissan.

also,
>buying anything with a DPF ever

Remember the golden rule for used cars:
"If its an unbelievable deal, there's something wrong with it"

>>XD
XD

Because americans who buy trucks dont need them, and just get them because >muh freedumbs

I'm an Infiniti technician. I can't speak for the Cummins, but the direct injected 5.6 is fucking solid. Its been in use since 2011 in the QX56 and the multiport injected version has been around since 2003. They are solid trucks, but again I can't speak for the Cummins version.

Uhh.. Use an OBD code reader?

>with the Cummins
you obviously need one for work, because there's literally no other reason, so go ahead and get one

Diagnosing a CEL isn't that simple. The codes tell you the symptom, not what part to replace.

>dont need them
shit, who really needs a car with 4 seats and a trunk?

Its in a super small niche ansld the marketing for it was bretty bad imo. I'll bet hardly anyone is even aware of its existance.

>>>XD
>XD
XD

Even new they're sub-50 tho

>Why is nobody buying these?
>Considering buying a Nissan

I've personally owned 2 Nissans, and the people I know have collectively owned 8. The general consensus among my little group of current and former Nissan owners is that Nissans are fucking garbage. Like myself, most of us will never ever again buy another Nissan product.

My guess is that nobody is buying these because, like Dodge, they're short-life-span trash that isn't up to the task.

That truck is fucking UGLY

>Not a 1/2 ton
>Not a 3/4 ton

Doesn't even fit normal conventions.

Also, dodge has had Cummins for how fucking long and they can't even figure out how to stop it from destroying the front end. How is Nissan going to do any better?

>nii-san
>titan
>XD

>for the rest of your life
So, buy a ford and die in a week?

Tbh the Cummins should have more HP than 310, especially coming from the V8 configuration...