Big 4 thread

Big 4 thread

>How to land an internship
>How to land a position after internship
>How to avoid becoming a corporate robot while working for Big 4

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/topics/global-diversity-deloitte-is-diversity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Network, better looking people are more likely to be hired

By not being a dumbass, most interns get offers

Impossible, everything is utilization rate

ad2) I'm not intern or student how do a get a grip on it?

grip on what you wanker

get into b4 what else

They only hire students

No not here.

Why would you want to wageslave there?

this

>better looking people are more likely to be hired

i know 3 fine looking young ladys who got hired recently by EY lmao

>mfw I'm ugly and got hired
Get rekt nerds

>Never got an internship because of a shit gpa of 2.7
Odds of being hired now?

Maintain a high GPA and go to any networking events they have on your campus and introduce yourself to the recruiters. It also helps if you're a woman or minority.

Kiss ass...erm, I mean be friendly to your coworkers. Do your job at a competent level and don't complain. Pretend you like spending 50+ hours every week at the office.

You can't.

You pass the CPA exam yet?

If not, fat chance.

>It also helps if you're a woman or minority

Do you know this for a fact or is a meme? I'm very interested as a brown man.

Can't start until you graduate and I'm not done until May.

I can say that PwC at the very least places a HUGE emphasis on diversity over skill. It's plastered over all their websites and social media. On top of that, from my school at least, they only hired black, brown, or asian people. I have similar GPA to most of them, better than about half and without a doubt understand accounting more than them considering they constantly ask me for help on even basic problems from class.

I know it as a fact. I'm an accountant. I work in private industry, but have a lot of friends who work or worked/interned for one of the big four. They love pushing the perceived underdogs forward, especially women.

Example (Deloitte's diversity page): www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/topics/global-diversity-deloitte-is-diversity.html

Sorry, assumed you already graduated. Yeah, try to sit and pass it once you meet your state's requirements. It's hard as fuck to study for once you get a 40+ hour a week job.

How long do you think it would take from graduation to offer? I can't be unemployed for long, gotta pay rent.

I've only ever interned/worked in private industry, so I can only answer this based on what I saw/see from friends who have experience with the big 4.

This seems like the usual path:
>Just the regular student life from freshmen year to junior year
>Get internship during senior year
>Finish up bachelors
>Get offer, usually with a start date of a year+ out (pretty sure they're conditional on things, but again, not sure due to lack of personal experience)
>Finish 1 year masters program
>Sit and pass CPA exam
>Start career at big 4

Honestly I'd advise you to consider going private. For me, all I had to do was a two month internship after I graduated and then was offered a full-time job. Shit was easy.

What company are you with? How's the pay compare?

Not true, I worked at a major consulting firm with no degree. (InfoSec Fag)

My advice is dont fucking working at any of the big4 unless you are very desperate for money.

As said by others its all about utilization and staying billable, you will be much happier as not a slave.

The whole point of the big 4 (pwc for the win) is to make sense in a world full of degens, so much bullshit exists everywhere that contributing to it is absurd, just like suicide contributes to the absurdity of life, therefore anyone joining must have an ironclad ethical standard, leaving personal feelings and blabbery aside while being held accountable within an ethical mindset to prevail low key by standing on the shoulder of giants.

lol dat koolaid.

I'm superior because i work 80 hours for shit pay. hur dur me. hail god pwc, a board of pricks who are farao ramses to my jewish people.

lol m8.

/thread

My lord, what do they inject you with at PwC?

Big 4 is cancer.

Regional midsize is the best.

>mfw 50 hour week charge busy season with manageable sized clients and I make just as much as a big 4 drone working 60 a week outside of busy season

asking myself the same question.. people are fucking retards. he probably watched american psycho or something.

corporate memes

How to with no internship?

Are my chances low for the grad program with absolutely zero experience except for a finance comp in uni? I have passed the CFA L1 exam, have good grades and play sport.

If you're a brown man with a brain then you'll do fantastically in any western MNC, not just the big 4. You could be very mediocre as an employee and shoot up to middle management because it gives them an excuse to parade you around.

This is accurate, the only plus side to big 4 is the name
>tfw on 5 different year ends busy 8 months out of the year

Apply to EY in their FSO Assurance practice and don't interview like an idiot. They will bust over you having L1 passed.

Dipped out of accounting after my first year but my understanding is you're selling 3 years of your youth for a prestigious name and some references on your resume. It pays off because private senior accounting positions in f500 generally prefer big 4 experience first. If you're in audit or advisory you have a lot more options too, tax not so much but regardless you're grinding out 3 years for a comfier career in return.

And for anyone out there interested in the big 4 I've read that it's a lot easier if you cruise control your work pace. I think they all still do the 0-4 rating scale of your performance and there's nothing wrong with a consistent average of 2 if you don't royally fuck things up. You'll save your sanity and some people aren't burnt out after the 3 years that they'll do 5 and get a manager title which really improves the private career options. Don't fall for the partner meme, that's some golden carrot they'll wave in your face to trick you into giving 110% effort for 80 hours in a week.

I do some info sec consulting and an energy major, the only pwc guys I came across there are a bunch of autistic 40year olds shilling out dated ideas....

Using my jd to land a consulting or advisory tax job at the big4 in NYC. I hear it pays around 75k starting. Opinions? I'm in 110k in student debt

Business Studies student here, do I have any chance at big 4? Also is good grades all you need to get a placement year?

>Business Studies
What does this mean?

Most services B4 offers, such as assurance, tax advisory or transaction services, require the employees to have a background in accounting, finance, econ or law.

You might be able to get into the management consulting side with more general studies, but they'll require excellent grades (and prefer work experience or extracurricular activities) from what I've heard. The competition to get into management consulting where I live is fucking fierce, every company only hires the top of the class from the best universities.

But if you'd like to do management consulting, there are a shitload of options available besides the Big 4.

Here in Germany it's not that hard to get in one of them.
Applied for an internship while I was doing my Master of Arts in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation. Had some working experience as an intern and working student. Also mainly A-Grades.
Went to the interview. Guy's a total a-hole. Long slimy hair, asking only shit. HR was pretty nice.
They offered me the intern. Said no and toke a position as a working student in controlling in another company.

A lot of people in the Big 4 and the consulting industry are scumbags. You really gotta hate them.

If you don't have good grades, try to get in touch with one of those faggots. I had a lecturer in Compliance. Told use pretty awesome stuff about his work as an auditor.
Used him as reference and told them how interesting the shit he told us, was (it was really interesting).

Ao you are basically telling us to short pwc in so many long words? Thank you for this valuable information.

It's a general business degree but is more quantitative than Business Management, The modules are Management, Marketing, Finance, Econ and accounting. Thanks for the advice though

Put an emphasis on those fin/econ/acc courses if you can.

But I think that could be a decent enough profile to try to get into transaction services or management consulting at Big 4. Assurance & tax requires expertise in accounting or law specifically. Though, there are more "entry level" accounting positions available at Big 4 if you want to work your way to assurance/auditing.

And to extend my advice on the consulting thing, I'd recommend working your way up through boutiques if you can't initially get an internship or a position at a large (i.e. respected) one. Saw my friends do this. One of them had below-decent grades on his diploma, another is currently interning at McKinsey.

Interesting replies in this thread

>shorting an llp

I've heard Big 4 is far better for improving your career prospects in a shorter time.