>What is /ndg/?
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>Official Nier:Automata page
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/6pIGW
nines-s.tumblr.com/post/158355031953/9s-realizes-suddenly-that-hes-crying-hes-not
archiveofourown.org/works/10142798
archiveofourown.org/works/10180091
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA
youtube.com/watch?v=JSuYuPz0dlU&t=20785s
youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Toobs bump

I wish all the supplementary material was as short as Beepy's story

I really hope Jackass gets some play time in the DLC.

Can we play as Adam in the DLC?

Are we getting a DLC? Already?

why did 2b send 9s away after bunker destruction
totally unnecessary

>new home
Is this our C route, senpai?
Also does anyone have a 1080 screenshot with pic related?

Because the things were doing EMPs and she wanted him to survive.

>Niergard general

What a historic occasion this is.

I'm ready for a 10 hour DLC expansion already.

Taro literally said they couldn't make big DLC you faggot.

Why can't we all universally agree that papa nier is the best nier?

So does that mean I can't want it?

Coming from a Souls series vet, I was thinking of picking this game up because of the waifu material.
Before I did, I was curious about how engaging the combat was.

So all the shit that happens in Automata was basically Beepy's fault right?

Same here, I usually hate DLC but I'm already jonesing for more so this time please bring on all the fucking DLC in the world

I went back and replayed Nier 1 just because I wanted more and that was the closest thing, now I'm considering buying DoD3

Help me

HEY

HEY LOREFAGS

HOW THE FUCK

DID EMIL

NOT KNOW ABOUT GESTALT?

No, why do people keep saying this?
Beepy's network has nothing to do with the alien Network

EVERY DAY IS GREAT

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEN

YOUUUUUUUUUU'RE

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

quote by genocide boy

Its not the real emil.

Emil copied himself a shit ton to fight off the aliens but only gave them memories needed to fight.
The Copy Emils go crazy and lose bits of their minds without the aliens around to kill and die off.

To be fair, this was tried a few times before Automata was announced but it kept falling off the board sadly. Should survive better these days though.

If you want a straight forward action game like Dark Souls/Bayonetta, it's not that.

The combat is interesting and has some cool shit to it though, but you want to be playing it for the story/concept more than anything.

1. I was talking about Emil in Nier, not Automata.
2. It is the real Emil, you'd know that if you actually finished the game.

Beepy is the one that gave them the spark of self awareness and the passion for humanity

>I didn't play route B
lol

I did. Its a Copy Emil.

In Nier 1 its because he was a test tube baby kept in a mansion away from literally everything why would he know about gestalts and replicants?
Its not like a scientist is going to say "hey! Lets tell this 10 year old super weapon top secret information."

Yeah so how is everything in Automata Beepy's fault?

The machines went on to kill their alien masters because they evolved too much thanks to beepy, and then they entered a state of perpetual war to avoid shutting down. If Beepy didn't happen to become space machine god they just would have fought to the death and either won or lost

Cheers.

Machines went on to kill aliens because Watchers took over the network.
The machines apart of the network killed the aliens, not ones that disconnected from it

>can't spell a three letter word
>didn't finish Emil's quests and instead repeats misinformation as an argument due to retardation
Nice.

I'm still crying.

Nothing like Souls games. At all. More like DMC but not exactly like it either.

are you the same guy constantly saying this in every thread? There's no indication of that ever happening. If anything, the machines got the red eyes by absorbing the gestalt data since the whole gestalt project was started to avoid WCS and those are things that are actually mentioned in the game

>did the Ending E erase
>already raring to replay the game
PC port cannot come soon enough. I also wonder if there'll be actual mods like custom plug-in chips, model swaps, texture packs, etc? Really curious to see what comes out of it, but I'm perfectly fine with the base game as-is

When did they absorb gestalt data? It's all on the moon.

it is mentioned in the final document you unlock after the end of the game

Post it, I deleted my save.

does anything special happen if you just let the ending d/e credits roll without intervening

Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pictures, I never figured out how to export ps4 screenshots because I am fucking retarded

If Nier gets ported to PS4/PC, my only request is that they fix up his face. Give him actual eyebrows, scale the proportions a bit, etc.
His model looks way uglier than it should

>finish Ending E
>was satisfied with it last night, loved it
>now feel like it's not quite over yet for some reason
I don't know what it is. I do plan to platinum it but I feel like it's more than just that. Is it just that I want more of the characters? Fuck, man.

I don't even want to play anything else right now.

It's the feeling that a good game should leave, wanting more.
Alternatively you can get and fully upgrade all weapons to fight the secret boss.

Played the ps4 version already but will buy the steam version as well. Hope we can mod textures desu. Will look great.

Get a USB stick and go to the screenshot library thing and copy them over, then put USb on PC and pull the photos. ezpz. Alternatively you can share them on twitter but you'de have to save them out as something other than the retarded format that twitter converts them to.

Seriously, when it comes to downloading images and gifs and videos; fuck twitter.

thanks for telling me but I already took the pics and uploading them on imgur, just give it a few minutes

He is the best Nier. Like, there are individual story beats and lines that work better with the young Nier (because they were written for him in the first place) but the general motif of desperately trying to save Yonah no matter what the hardship or cost makes so much more sense when it's a parent trying to save his child than an older sibling trying to save the younger.

Is the Young Nier's father ever mentioned? Because I've got this headcanon that Papa Nier and Young Nier were actually part of the same family, and in one of the continuities the other one had died offscreen before the game starts.

>popula/devola just standing in unreachable spot in town for majority of a/b
why why why let me talk to them earlier fuck taro fuck why
no one stops

Wait what?

DLC is region locked right? Fuck I might have to buy more JP PSN cards

They are in the back of the resistance camp under an awning near the hobofire in the majority of A and B.

Thanks for making a general!

>yfw Jackass was trying to save YoRHa androids by getting them addicted to the android equivalent of ecstasy

Same here, sucks.
But it was nice to play the game earlier and avoid spoilers.

imgur.com/gallery/6pIGW

>2B's subtle jealousy throughout the story when 9S tries to flirt with other androids
>that entire goddamn backstory
>flight unit message
>9S' madness
>that motherfucking true ending start screen
Are they the most heartwarming couple Taro ever did?

Anyone willing to put a link up for the first game's soundtrack or Replicant's?

The whole "we are friends" with Kaine doesn't really sound credible with Papa Nier though.

Personally, I think both are legit, but Brother Nier makes more sense with that stuff with Kaine but also the fact he had to sell his body at some point IIRC.

Yonah a cute!

They're a good couple. Good enough that I'm willing to ignore how they basically have no characteristics other than that they love each other.

Jackass DLC incoming.

>Brother Nier makes more sense with that stuff with Kaine but also the fact he had to sell his body at some point IIRC.

Papa Nier was a mafia legbreaker instead of a boywhore. Both have a past they're not proud of, it's just a different past.

>"Traces of information regarding human memories from quantum server of the old model were discovered"

Old model? What she is referring to?

List of 2B9S fanfic I found:

Set after Ending E.
nines-s.tumblr.com/post/158355031953/9s-realizes-suddenly-that-hes-crying-hes-not

9S and 2B try out a glitch to make them more responsive. SMUT
archiveofourown.org/works/10142798

and

2B is trapped in a cycle of hell, loss and love.
archiveofourown.org/works/10180091

I took him saying "that's right, we're friends" as comedic and also a desperate attempt to keep people around him other than just wiess.

>fanfics
What the fuck
Just wait for Taro for write some, there are short stories by him coming with world guide and strategy guide.

I read on gamefaqs there's a novella about 2E killing 9S a couple of times prior to the game.

No idea where to find that though.

Rekka is going to take forever translating them or not translate them at all.

nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/

Are you talking about this one?

Probably.
Just read it for a bit.
The part about sand in the shoes matches with devola and popola. Clever.

2B is the kind of cute that doesn't even make me hard, it just makes me sad that real girls that cute will never ever want to even speak to me

Rekka singlehandedly killed the western drakengard/nier translation community.
Look at how many people were working on this stuff before she started spamming her shit everywhere, it's a real shame

>fixed state as a new network
>old model
it's referring to the old network, basically
Anyway you can add this to future OPs if you want, I keep adding shit but it's almost done by this point
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

Original servers containing the gestalts. The "Shapes" the machines found are literally human souls they started to incorporate into machine cores which lead to the rise of sentient machines.

Honestly I took that line as Papa Nier trying his best to put things into perspective and coming off as an utter dork

wait fuck

since the Yorha folks are using repurposed machine cores, some of them might have legit souls?

I'm quite surprised Jackass managed to salvage that. The collapse of the tower was quite messy after all.

wait what? I thought the moon server only had genetic data of the gestalt, not the gestalt themselves. Weren't they doomed because of NieR killing Shadowlord?

If you maybe have the Japanese novellas, that would be nice.
See I'd rather read them instead of a translation by someone else.

not yet, the book ships on the 22nd for me for some reason
I'll take some HQ pictures for you by then though if you're still hanging around these threads.
If you want, the archive includes some stuff that was never translated already (drakengard 1.3, ending E of nier)

hinted in one of the Nier 1 endings shit might work out in some way. Technically it did but actual humanity is dead which made evryone think it was an utter failure. Moon servers only has the genetic material so they COULD make replicants but without souls to even latch onto cause they're in use they'd come out stillborn.
all of them do. Thats the irony of that decision as it was originally deemed cruel to use actual AI cores as thats equivalent to "killing someone" when the resets happen so now they're just "killing machines" without knowing the truth of the matter or the truth of their want to genocide machines in the name of Humanity.

Very nice.
I'm thinking of buying the world guide myself, but I'll wait for a coupon code and order together with other stuff when the time is right.

I still need to find a japanese black box edition for the nier novelization but the prices are insane

warning warning shit opinions
jackass best girl
commander 2nd
devpop tie 3rd
21o honorable mention
2e and a2 lame af

You started off strong and then tripped and broke your ankle on the trail there, user.

Let's discuss the commander's hips

Seriously in that one cutscene where it zooms out behind her it's fucking insane, I don't have a screenshot but her hips have to be 70 fuckin inches

>2e and a2 lame af
What did you say about my girls, user.

>never get to see her outside the Bunker with it's gray out the ass filter

fucking shame

Commanders can't be pushovers, user.
You gotta stand strong against adversity.
To stand strong you need a strong base.
To have a strong base you gotta have strong legs.
To support those legs you gotta have strong hips.
its to facilitate her experimental usage as a baby factory. Someday all YorHa shall use this data for enhancement.

I like that red haired yorha unit from 9S sidequest a lot.
Surprised you didn't even mention her.

>got automata's endings A and B
>start the game again
>that beginning
ooooohhhhh fuuuuucccck

>2B getting jealous that 9S is doing sidequests for pretty girls

CUTE!!!!!!!!!

I loved it when 2B was jealous during the quest.

prepare for suffering

I found it a bit weird that they advertise routes C and D at the end of route B.

Maybe they thought the players would think they have finished the game and would just stop playing?
On the end of route A they gave you a message too.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=JSuYuPz0dlU&t=20785s

>Maybe they thought the players would think they have finished the game and would just stop playing?

Probably. I mean, it makes sense, since route B is basically new game + but from 9S POV, so of course you finish it and most people think, "oh, well that's it, only thing left is grinding money and material to upgrade weapons", so the advertisement they do right after the credits prompts you to play again
also, the bombshell the commander gives to 9S right before fighting Eve is more than enough hint to keep going

I think you mean
youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo

I just met devola and popola

what