What is the best 90's luxobarge?

What is the best 90's luxobarge?

It was so hefty that it took them 15 years to make another one this hefty, and that's the current one.

Lexus LS

Double pane glass for all you suckers because this thing was more luxurious than your house. Standard.

You posted it already

To many Europoors in this thread

MOVE OUTTA THE WAY EUROKEKS AND BURGERFATS!

Even Euro bitches be jock'n the Town Car.

90-97 Lincoln Towncar
Mercedes S Class
BMW 7
Lexus LS
92-96 Buick Roadmaster

I could include the Toyota Century though it was never sold outside of small numbers in Japan...

>faggots posting literally anything other than a town car

After everything else from the 90s has died, the Lexus LS400 will dutifully continue to run.

I don't think Lexus today will make anything as enduring. Depending upon the LS430 variant that may be the ultimate expression of the LS400 design ethos.

Modern cars date themselves when you look at their infotainment systems. A conventional CD and cassette player is fairly timeless even now, just toss in an aux jack and a Bluetooth system.

>that look of sheer amazement on the lady in the background upon seeing a vehicle with more engine displacement than every car she's ever ridden in combined

This was a 90s luxery car in America? Hahahahaha this must be a meme
>pic related

>luxery car
Jokes aside this looks so lowclass compared to S-Class, Audi A8 and BMW 7-Series. What the fuck went wrong?

I see e38s more than I see LS400s

They updated it to look all rounded for some asshole reason instead of leaving it nice and square (which it was the entire time the Crown Vic looked like an oversized Taurus).

WRONG

i fucking love 90s luxobarges. All the flavors of them, ohh yes

OP said "barge" you complete fucking ape.

Jag XJ, Bentley Arnage (just)

BMW E32 abd E38 750's are my personal favourites, although I am a bit biased because I own both.
They're sleek, elegant and quite reliable for a luxury car. Surprisingly simple and easy to maintain too, as long as you have the money and the patience and a lot of elbow grease.

There can only be one....

Of course there are more rare things like the big S class coupes etc. But the LS is the benchmark, and really moved the entire market in a new direction.

But which one's the worst?

You better be shitting me.
>reliable vee ate
>no electrical bullshit
>muh AWD
The D2 was a good car. If only they'd used a more robust transmission.

That transmission is a damn shame for sure, they all blow around ~230k km.

At least you can pick them up for dirt cheap these days.

I hear if you keep up on the fluid changes every 70-100k you can keep them going a lot longer.

Out of all the SL you managed to pick the shittiest one good job man. Also this shitheap of a car is not a luxury barge, its just a car normies would think is reeeallly special because its starting to be old and its a shitty merc

I prefer my luxobarges to not drive like a oil tanker.

If I wanted that, I'd buy something from the malaise era.

>Prettiest
>Most reliable
>Legendary engine
Tell me again why is it the shittiest?

>demeans euros
>posts a far worse car

I still see plenty of them around.

>though it was never sold outside of small numbers in Japan...
Just makes it better desu

Only the best

Any love for these bad boys?

Hnggggg

They had to have known when they designed this that they'd never make a prettier car.

>touchscreen crt with GPS in 1990
>Triple rotor twin turbo

Literally madness

These are so cheap to buy because they're 80s-rolls-royce tier reliable. There's one selling for $700 down the street by me, a vanden plas. Dead engine, but hey nothing an LS can't fix right?

I've always had a soft spot for the S8

I feel like this should come with little flags mounted by the headlights in your choice of third world country. AKs optional

LS400 is the only one I would drive unironically today.

Any thoughts on the Mercedes 250D? I'm after a comfy, economic daily and there's a fairly cheap '96 model available nearby.

I still drive one.

I'm trying to keep it as clean as I can. I want to drive it for another 5-10 years.

No love on Veeky Forums for the hot rod Lincoln?

> LS is the benchmark
it's japs that wanted to build their own S class, not the other way around

was for:

Don't forget that there is always parts sitting around in scrapyards..
Was thinking of getting the 2.5TDI or even better, the 3.3TDI, but dem taxes man...

pics of inside of 750 pls

>Luxury
>RWD
pick one

worst answer itt

This was geriatric tier when it was new and is white trash now

embarrassing

>you suckers because this thing was more luxurious

safety measures, for impact crumple zone and for pedestrian hit

I don't even like Mercedes and I'd rather have the w140 over that 10 times over

Baller car. Got damn that aged well

just found out that chinks are building a version of it

Were, it was 1998-2005 only.

These are one of my dream cars. I drove one once, through Brooklyn, owned by a Chinamen who used the floor as an ashtray. Didn't buy the car...

>geriatric
>white trash

All these labels and user still can't argue the fact that its a great car.

If you're gonna btfo europoors at least post the right car.
>lt1 V8
>can tow 7000lbs
>very comfy

>Cadillac
lol

The best or nothing.

A reasonably powered exec mobile. Behold.

Fully decked out 250D all day, every day bro.

What is that, I need one.

Lincoln Town Car. All the same luxuries as anyone else but the V8 in Panthers last forever. You'd spend so much in repairs for a German car of the era that you might as well be a brand new German luxury car.

Do it, like Roadkill's Draguar