Why the hate?

i mean yeah, you can get something more powerful, or handles better, or ( insert reason)

But if you get a good deal on one that isnt riced or butchered its a pretty fun ride

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=what is the difference between a 2016 wrx and a 2017 wrx?
lynnessubaru.com/subaru-impreza-vs-subaru-impreza-bloomfield-nj.htm
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/6051239715.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're pretty much all riced or butchered, though. I don't think anybody on Veeky Forums hates a nice clean and tasteful WRX/STI, unless the owner is an obnoxious Ken Block fanboy or vapebro.

This, fuck ebay level mods.

It really is perfect in wagon form. It's as much power as most people can practically use most days on most roads. Plenty of room to carry things. Reliable if you don't drive it like a faggot. Gearbox is only glass if you're doing hard launches and shitty downshifts every damn day. Drive smoothly when you hoon and it will not break.

Downsides
>Premium fuel tax. Fuck paying $2.90 for premium when Regular is $2.20
>No option to put regular fuel in without lots of knock
>Eats brake rotors like there's no tomorrow even when I barely use them (happened on Outback wagon too so idk if it's just a subaru quirk)
>In sedan form with a wing, cops will love you
>It's not 2002 anymore so nobody is impressed with them

Tfw I own a clean stock STI and have plenty of boyracers speed up to wave in completely riced out WRX's/STI's

I actually really like subarus, it's just that 90% of owners now either ruin them with gaudy mods for street cred or think they're ken block and constantly drive like twats. I'm thinking about buying a saabaru as my next car so hopefully that will keep the vapeboys away

This makes me sad that I'll probably never find one as clean as mine was. I got it right off lease in '05, stock except for wheels and shocks+springs and with only 35k on it. Selling it in '12 was one of the most painful things I've ever done.

How much you sell for? How many miles it have?

If you go and slam it to the ground then there's other RWD cars that that will outperform it for the price of a non-molested Subaru. If you use it as a rally car it makes sense but otherwise the awd is barely useful with 200hp on tap and winter is going to be shit with an inch of ground clearance.

AWD offers alot more grip and stability than RWD

6500 IIRC, with a little over 100k on it. It wasn't in the greatest shape by that point, needed a clutch and a few other things.

Yeah, If you don't understeer into a ditch first.

Know the car's limits before you go full equinox, oversteer is a thing too you know

Or if your breath doesn't smell of vape juice and cum you can get the EVO.

There is no difference from WRX/STI and Lancer/EVO crowds

Wait im supposed to use premium? ehh
I got one thats mostly stock, its got an aftermarket blowoff and some faggot chopped the springs, but i planned on replacing them
Yup
Tasty, i got an 05 with blob eyes, but i wanted an 04 with the bug eyes
Full equinox? People drive cars without knowing their limits? are they asking to wreck it??
#VAPENATION
bunch of sony microsoft fanboyfaggots to be completely honest

Its a car ive wanted to have for years didnt realize i was asking for vaper/ricefags. wouldnt mind driving a dirt track with it when i get used to it. My first manual and first turbo, and boy to i love the fuck outta it. The one i got was from some shop ive never heard of, and i kinda got fucked. rusty, but thats what i expected, he guys promised me body work and a fresh coat of paint, but ended up fixing none of the body work, fucked the paint the first time ( no primer) as it was keyed by the previous owner before being repo'd. ( yeah probably a red flag they had a crackhead paint it and he took it outside in the snow before it was dry so it needed a repaint, didnt fix any dings, managed to break a 1 square inch area off the corner of the passenger side door. said, oh were gonna replace some rear frame part, but i doubt they did. my dad was a mechanic for many years so i had him test drive it, tach didnt work and AC didnt work so they said they will fix it, old me it was ready to pick up,(after month)go to pick it up, the trunk, wing, and hood were painted black " i thought a two tone would look good" motherfucker i asked for rally blue not some asian rice fag garbage "you dont see many like that" because it looks like faggot tier shit... after a while it idled fucky, stalled alot, turns out the coilpacks were bad and barely attached, taillights full of water, wing not having the nuts bolted, lights not bolted, no AC belt, wipers were falling apart, they never bolted the passenger seat back down after welding in a floor plate from a rotted floor. Felt like tires are made of concrete, they had the fronts at 100psi and the backs at 90.after fixing the coilpacks i stalled out less often and it drove MUCH nicer... After this, i got hit in an accident. Insurance is covering it, and im planning on getting it repainted and body work done as well as some rust repair... I feel conflicted

This everyone, is why you don't buy an STI if you're a poorfag. Save up for clean example with low miles or don't even bother

Not an sti

I wanted an STI, but i didint want to pay for overpriced shit, and i wanted better insurance rates

...... But you arent wrong

Should have just got 3k civic until you could get a clean one. How much have you invested in that car?

Plus wipers, the belts and the coil pack work, but that SHOULD be coveredby the warrenty i paid 490 for.... 500 for coil pack and less than 50 for the other stuff. Im not too worried about that shit though. i fully intended to drive it till it died though, maybe when the engine shit out or headgasket went, i was planning on doing my first rebuild for funsies, i got the subie and a beater saturn, i was thinking of keeping the subie for fun so i wouldnt have to worry about driving to work when i needed to fix the subie

>if you get a good deal on one that isnt riced or butchered
>good deal
>isn't riced
>or butchered

So what you're saying is there is not a chance in hell.

I mean if you can do basic to medium difficulty work on a car you could wait and find something with some issues for cheap, which is what i was hoping for. I mean you could get a riced faggot mobile, and un faggot it. See, i dont mind working on a car and spending more than its worth if i can enjoy myself

98 octane or higher. Or use an additive.

what additives and how often?

le bump?

Why would I get that over a Mitsubishi Evo, thought?

Find me one within 100 miles of boston for less than 10k, ill seriously think about it...

>I don't think anybody on Veeky Forums hates a nice clean and tasteful WRX/STI, unless the owner is an obnoxious Ken Block fanboy or vapebro
So the average WRX/STi owner?

stop

>Wait im supposed to use premium? ehh
this is why people say they are unreliable filling with fucking 87 and redlining every stoplight.
put 91/93, change oil, follow the simple maintenance schedule.

>wait I'm supposed to use premium?
People like you are the reason the Subaru community has gone downhill. These aren't the fucking base model Civics you moved up from where you can dump in 87 octane and expect it to run perfectly. It even says on the gas cap and owner's manual to use at least 91.

couldn't have said it better myself

I mean i could just put regular in it, oil changes, not driving like a total faggot and doing regular maintenance

you know, the things you do to any car you plan on not totally fucking destroying

Because why the fuck not?
Hating things are good.

or you put in the proper gas so your engine doesn't grenade.

learn what engine knock is and what octane does for that. unless you intend to never hit boost (2800RPM and lower ALL THE TIME/never driving on the freeway) fill with the gas on the label you fucking retard. it has nothing to do with "hammering on the gas" all the time and all to do with the basics of how a turbo engine works.

Or go to a tuner and ask him give you an 87 tune and he'll laugh in your face.

>Ask him for a 87 Tune

You know that's common in places with high altitude (Colorado and Rockies) and low quality fuel (Alaska and Northwest Canada), right?

well shit, youre right, thats what the damn manual reads. Normally when it requires high octane theres a sticker... Also nothing on the gas cap, and the car didint have a manual in it. Im just gonna assume the guy who owned it before me removed it, along with the emblems..
" people like you are the reason the subaru community has gone downhill"

How about go fuck yourself? Ive owned the thing for less than 2 months and apparently im cancerous...
Whew lads

WELL THEN

Why didn't you just get a normal Impreza if you're worried about needing premium?

>You know that's common in places with high altitude (Colorado and Rockies) and low quality fuel (Alaska and Northwest Canada), right?
They basically use an economy map that keeps the wastegate open all the time. In other words, they turn it into a normal Impreza until they can get proper fuel. This brings me back to the above reply to .

i assumed the WRX was fine with regular and the STI needed premium... but fuck me for being wrong right?

Not him, but:

>not doing even basic research on the car you're planning on buying
>expecting said performance car to only need minimal attention when it's already known for being fussy with how it's maintained/modified
>new owner likely to make shitty modifications that may result in the engine grenading, the car becoming borderline unliveable, or both based on the above two points

>" people like you are the reason the subaru community has gone downhill"
Here, I'll sugarcoat it for you since your feelies are easily hurt. The current wave of people new to Subaru consists largely of Hondafags, now that the Evo has been discontinued. What these new people perceive as OK for tuning/maintaining a Honda, they think applies to turbo Subarus the same. You see this a LOT on the Subaru forums where they'll argue, with Subaru veterans mind you, that Honda methods work with Subaru. This is in addition to bringing the vapememe and stance scene to the Subaru community, which before the Evo died, was actually much smaller and had a higher proportion of off-road/rallyX enthusiasts.

The WRX can run on regular for a short time if you REALLY have not choice, and that's IF you can stay out of boost. If you keep using 87, the pistons will crack and/or the ringlands will fail (especially with the 2.5L engine, which is already known to suffer ringland failure).

The STI needs at least premium because of a higher compression ratio. Do some reading up on engine knock and octane rating, also on properly maintaining an older turbo Subaru. It seems to me that you've been terribly misinformed on these cars, if informed at all.

>regular fuel in a WRX
seriously?

Wanna hear a knock knock joke?

Idk, I'm not much of a "slap" stick fan.

>doesn't even know what fuel his shitbox is supposed to take

This is why anyone who buys a second hand Impreza is an idiot.

>one that isnt riced or butchered
lol

>he didn't bother to read the note in his owners manual/inside of the fuel filler door
>he argues that simple maintenance and always driving it like a grandma will keep engine from blowing up from low octane
Either learn how to treat an old turbo car properly or sell it and get a shitbox that can take the neglect you're going to put it through. If you're a faggot who's dead set on looking/sounding like you have a WRX but not wanting to worry as much about maintenance, just get a 2.5RS.

My 04 wrx is stock. should I do anything to it? I'm tempted to go for gold wheels and turbo back exhaust

>tfw Legacy GT
>tfw AWD perks minus the boy racer label

Inb4 wheel gap, putting my coilovers in later this weeks

Heh. Some aren't too bad.

Colorado has 90, which given the altitude is probably fine since I don't ever recall a spike of residents in rocky mountain states reporting knock.

It's not like you can't buy high octane tiers in high altitude areas, I've never seen a gas station that is exclusively regular without being out or having some other service issue.

Going off the law of averages I'm highly doubting he's posting from an igloo in the great white wastes in the north or a poo in loo where all they have is fart gas fuel.

I've seen plenty of WRXs that still run even after the owners abuse them. They can handle some things well but they ain't hondas.

if you're gonna do anything, do bushings/suspension.

>h6 liberty b4 wagon
>180kw NA flat 6 has a bit of power
>tfw cant get much power out of it as if it were a turbo without spending big bux :(

well i guess after looking into them for months i guess i overlooked the simple fact i have to put better gas in it... whoops, guess ill do that from now on, what a terrible person i must be

well its a 2.0. the NA wrx is a 2.5 as well as the sti, but the wrx turbo is 2.0. Yeah thats the thing i noticed and not what gas it uses

=/

well ive always been an idiot, astounding observation though, bravo

well at least im not completely unable to do my own mechanic work, i was just fucked because i should have expected a shady dealer to try and fuck me

damn i cant even save a car from some Asian faggots without being a faggot, good thing i dont plan on modding anything, as idiots who mod shit generally dont take reliability into account.
Glad im not a hondafag, and anything that i break i am capable of repairing/replacing

See as im capable of learning from my failures, this engaging conversation has made me understand the car a little more. Thanks i guess

there are alot of cars that i could have gotten with more power for less money if i gave a shit about power. I wanted the STI look from the factory because thats what i liked, and i always wanted something with a turbo, and i searched for months and found what was too good to be true, so now ill spend the next year or so fixing it because theres no maintenance records

As far as what i should now check and replace at 130k~ assuming the timing belt was done ~100

>TFW this thread made you realize that WRX's are all unreliable because their faggot owners use the wrong fuel

But it's 90K for a new one here

Good thing i only did it twice before i got hit by a chevy avalanche and its spent the last week at a body shop. And i can bet you anything that the faggot who had it before me used regular its whole life

You know its almost like if you want something nice you have to take care of it or something

please tell me that isn't forester

Because it's literally boyracer: the car

Mine ran 12's in 2008 on all-season tires w/ less than $1k in [used] mods.

Pretty fucking respectable, especially at the time.

Well I still like it and enjoy driving it, so why does that matter?

I think it's only the retards on this board, the inside of the fuel cap on my Liberty GT literally says used a 95 blend or higher

Busrider spotted

The reason I'm most sad that the evo is dead is that i see 2x the amount of wrx's now and 50% of them are owned by obnoxious fags.

wat

People always say it's the community that's the problem, but I got one thinking I'm getting it for the car and it makes me want to do bad things behind the wheel. Now I've plastered dumb stickers on the back and I'm contemplating dropping it an inch or two and modding it past the exhaust the last guy put in it because I'm a dick.

I blame the car.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2016 wrx used off a repossession from the bank or I buy a used 2017 wrx from a dealer

What's the difference between a 2016 and 2017 wrx?

365 days

>if you're gonna do anything, do bushings/suspension.

recommendations/ideas?

I was never into modding but have been curious

Is that really it? Surely there must be differences

stop trying to justify buying a ricer mobile

I fucking wanted an Impreza wagon

but no, we didn't get the STi when they were new and the ones we did get were depowered, and those were all bought by ricers and dudebros who quickly ruined them beyond salvation

now there's nothing left

but im saving it from being ricered

you gotta save them from faggots instead of letting them ruin them all

t.leased automatic FRS

You have no room to talk faggot

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=what is the difference between a 2016 wrx and a 2017 wrx?

I already did this and I got either speculative results from before the 2017 came out or websites listing shit for the 2017. Nothing comparing the two at all

lynnessubaru.com/subaru-impreza-vs-subaru-impreza-bloomfield-nj.htm

Apparently not TOO much difference, but I would go with a 2016 if you can get them after a nice markdown for the new models

This is the impreza. I was talking about the wrx

looks like I was wrong again

I would still assume they are almost the same car, considering they haven't changed the engine much

Yea I cannot find a single thing that really changed other than some added safety features and a slight change in how the front and rear face look.

My nigga.

Kartboy F/R shifter bushings, engine/transmission mounts, pitch stop mount, Andrewtech transmission cocktail, Pennzoil or Castrol synthetic 10w-40 every 5K, and if you have a pre-06 WRX, catless uppipe.

what should I look into repairing/replacing to get a smoother driving experience?

Everything I mentioned above. I'd also do the sway bars and end links so the car stays buttoned down when turning.

spotted the NEWFAG

Forgot to mention, a lightweight flywheel will really wake the engine up too.

spotted the literal fag

Should I buy it?
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/6051239715.html

t. leased automatic FRS

Test drive it, and make sure you have a spare $1500 for any possible repairs.

At that mileage, don't bother modding/tuning it unless you want to drop $3k on a new engine.

Thanks for the input, if I were to buy it, it would probably just be my daily.

Pretty fun until you blow a ringland or the turbo. They're great cars otherwise, but the ej25 needs to be built to be reliable, at which point you may as well upgrade the turbo and do all the other ricer shit. God tier transmission though.

So it looks like the body shop is gonna total it, so i MAY end up walking away with an extra 2 grand.

So can i get an RS turbo?
Will it sound the same?
Same engine and transmission?
recommendations?

Im sure given time i could rebuild the engine if i end up fucking it

Clearly i am an amateur

there is no RS turbo

a quick google search would have told you that.

I'm like many subie owners here, >5000$ in repair parts, done all the labor myself etc. I just learned that you can do a 4.44 diff swap front+rear in the 5MT.

My question is, with an 18lb flywheel and lightweight pulley coupled with 4.44 final drive, Will my car be significantly faster than stock without needing to mess with the engine (which is stock but well maintained), or is it way more complicated than I'm thinking and is a waste of time?

OP here
i was hoping for a cheaper alternative, but i guess ill suffer as a poorfag

I don't see a point in the 4.44 gears for a DD when gas economy is already so shit and with the 5MT you're gonna get a 1-2-3 shift to 60 instead of the 1-2 stock. your car is faster to accelerate but slower in top speed in each gear, do some research with gearing.

shifting will be faster with that flywheel but you need to remember that the 5spd is not meant to be honda shifted. 18lb is not that much less than stock (iirc they are 24lb) I usually see people get the 14lb one so your gains from the flywheel may not compensate for the 1-2-3 shift. desu it'll be like when subaru revised gearing in the brz to be "slower" but more "fun". if you just did the flywheel you'll keep the 1-2 0-60 and have better response overall still.

premium isn't really that much more expensive. going off my local prices (low end on reg, high end on premium)

assuming you drive 15k miles a year at 22mpg average
Regular @ 2.40: $1636
Premium @ 3.00: $2045

if you can't afford 400 extra over an entire year just buy a civic or miata.

nah it really wasnt that big a deal, its not that much more, plus i wont be driving it every day, i just cant believe after all this time i never noticed anything about fuel type.

Side note, anyone know someone who imported a subaru from japan? i know right, listen to this jackass talking about importing one. But to be fair, the prices arent terrible, they are generally kept up with maintenance, low mileage, especially since i would be getting a 98-2000 instead. i know RHD but that just means i switch hands

>Inb4 25 years old only