Thoughts on the GTI?

Thoughts on the GTI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9RrrxHGRwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why does only one ring light up

sometimes i see cars with both rings on and sometimes i see cars with only one on each side

what gives, dont know shit about vw

>VAG
trash

Why do normal Golfs have a 2.5 but the expensive GTI has a tiny 2l? Why not turbo the 2.5?

It'd get in the way of the RS3, which does use a turbo'd version of the inline 5.

Also something something displacement taxes, the 2.5l Golf is a very American thing.

Makes sense in Europe. Otherwise a used Mustang gt is much better.

I've got a mk4 VR6 GTI and its a peppy little bastard

The MK7 (in murrica anyway) did away with the NA2.5 completely. GTI gets turbo 2.0, base golf gets turbo 1.8.

Good cars, pic related my K04 GTI

vape hatch.

Boi racers love them.

I have the MK7 Golf R, its a great little car. The GTI really isn't that much less and as standard the R is very highly spec'd. Also, get a remap - 370bhp is nice, but the turbo lag can get tiring.

Not too sure, but its the same on the rear, It has auto lights and I think one ring it daytime running lights, side lights is two.

turn signal turns off the LEDs

I'm not going to kill anyone for it, if that's what you're asking.

I dated this chick who said her dream car was a Golf GTI. She's not massively into cars in general so I don't know why she singled any car out as a dream car and why the GTI in particular. I guess I'll never understand

Sounds like she was fuckin retarded is all.

Old, but still fun

I'd probably get one, but I've heard the maintenance and long-term ownership shit is inordinately expensive.

Comfy af interior though.

Lighting package on gti only lights one of the drl u. If both lit up on gti it's aftermarket. Both only lit on golf r. This is at least the case in the states.
The cars are pretty damn solid. No common major issues. Some 2015s had turbo failures, but revisions have been made. Even the failures are few and far between.

>plaid interior
It's every 16 year old skater boy's dream car.

Ford interiors suck. I'd drive the VW, have a motorcycle for the speed.

Iconic gti interior. To each their own of course.

>spend $30k on a car
>still has cloth seats

You must be Canadian. Paid 23k for mine. 30 and you are in r territory. If you aren't tracking or dealing with regular frigid weather, it's kind of pointless to spend that for awd.

Something about this interior just screams "chav wagon".

I need higher mpg than a mustang can give.

>being such a poorfag that you can afford an extra $50 bucks a month on gas
commit sudoku.

>implying VAG interiors are any better

are GTI's expensive to maintain?

im sick of getting euro-cucked into paying ridiculous prices for parts

Don't forget about the golf ball shift knob. There's something endearing about its sincere stupidity.

Bruh I'm not the same guy but I already spend that on gas monthly with my 4-banger Hyundai I don't need double the gas expense on top of five times the initial cost

Sorry I can't just be fucking rich I would if I could

>rich to afford less than 20mpg

0 complaints with mine

Have fun with the maintenance.

mine's been pretty nice so far, shitty throttle response from factory but ecu tune helps

and yes the red on the side is pinstripe tape, inb4 boi racer

Why would you get the GTI over the Golf R?

Everything is relative, yo

Why wouldn't you just get a 911?

The 2.5 is an outdated POS only sold in North America

It's a pretty good car and you'll be faster than 99.9% of Veeky Forums

that's not a BRZ in the OP

I love this thing.

For like 30k you would get like a 2002 Carrera. Shitty interior, shitty seats, super uncomfortable, useless rear seats. Not sure it's a valid alternative.

I drive 100 miles every day. Shit adds up quickly.

I like it. They drive nice as hell and are very fast with a tune.

>haldex
>awd

Modern Haldex systems are very impressive. Less under steer than fixed awd.

Haters BTFO, MK7 GTI is the fucking truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9RrrxHGRwM

I guess I'll have to try a new one, but the 4th gen unit in my car can be unpredictable.

Don't think you should be blaming your lack of ability on the AWD system.

dat golf ball on the gear stick
holyshit

my dad has some non-turbo sport version of the golf. really fun to drive... then you remember it's automatic and you get bored

>cons
cant see the fucking bonnet
still sit too high
b-pillars are massive blind spots
feel like a beta fag when stepping out of it

Then you should move closer to your job and stop wasting your life.

this is your new maymay because people who post BRZ threads get banned now, eh?

Spinning my S2000 is lack of ability. Feeling that sudden shitty lurch when my S60R decides to go from mild understeer to neutral steering is one reason why I want to get rid of it.