How do I get this fucking drum off...

How do I get this fucking drum off. Already busted it and the brake hardware pin came out broken so the shoes must be holding it in WTF can i do..
>Tfw trying to get to a broken lug nut stud turns into hell
>Tfw car is out of commission

Other urls found in this thread:

napaonline.com/en/p/SER833
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the handbrake on?

The brake shoes must be holding it in since the pin busted. grr

Take a blowtorch to it to heat it up and make it expand.
Unless youve tried that already

No good question

Well, like you're saying; its fucked.

I'd grab the angle grinder and cut the bitch straight in half

No don't have a torch would a drum brake puller be best I've seen them before. obviously the drum has started coming out. Almost broke my finger

Don't own an angle grinder either my neighbor has a garage across the street maybe I should ask him if he does. Blast!

This

Bolt a chain to it using them two bolts you got in there, hook it to another car, and fucking send it.

Drum breaks have a spur like thing inside and if you spin it it might make it easier to take it off

There's a pin for each shoe.
If one is still intact, smack it with a chissel.
Once both pins are sheared,you can pry the fuck out of it and IT WILL come off, with virtually no damage to the other parts.

Hit that shit with a hammer

>3lb hammer
>Adjustment bolt on the back if it's there
>Rotate the drum backwards
>Pry bar
>Submerge in lube of your choosing

you need to back off the brake adjuster through the small hole in the back plate dont torch or grind on it its stuck on due to the grove worn in the drum by the pads so you need to collapse the shoes

Why are you namefagging as Alphonse?

No reason.

These I can do. Going to remove the other side to see the adjuster cus I have tried to stick a screwdriver back there it's just dokng it blind. Thanks for the help gotta get a new drum.. every event is a learning event right

Go to NAPA and buy a puller.
napaonline.com/en/p/SER833

Hey OP, do you have the parking brake set?

Negative
Gonna get the brakes loosened first. They're pressed against the drum and that's what's doing it.. gaah.

did you not slacken the adjuster..?

No I did not I'm an idiot

well, that's what'll happen if you don't do that, its likely not even the brake pads themselves but the entire shoe being dragged cockeyed and with the springs pulling them together its sort of more like just the metal part of the shoe being stuck against the backing plate

Do you think I should break the other pin in from the back? Maybe then I can take it out

no, since your drum is already fucked you might as well cut it in half with a cutting tool and buy a new one, they aren't that expensive

just try to figure out where your wheel cylinder (s) are and how big they are and.. try not to cut them
or heat them up a whole bunch
or take the bolts out you used to back the drum off and hit it with a hammer until if youre lucky it gets loose and you can use the adjusters properly

Wow helpful advice instead of shitposting. Gg Veeky Forums