Thoughts on the 300zx?

Thoughts on the 300zx?

It's a stupid nigger car with a truck engine

Surprised those two haven't rotted into the ground in New Hampshire. Impressive.

I think they have shit rear suspension geometry. And a weak chassis developed in the early 80's.

the rear suspension sucks and the socks blew out of mine, it corners well with little body roll even though the car is unbelievably heavy. Just by driving it I can tell there's too much weight in the back, but what particularly is so wrong about the geometry?
Yes it does feel like driving a truck the gearing is really long and not torquey at all

ugly and awful

Long trailing arms and lots of camber gain. That's what's wrong.

3100 lbs isn't heavy by today's standards. It is with that 165 hp engine though.

They do look cool. You can never take that away.

Which one, the z31 or z32?

Own a 350z...

Wish they never built the 300zx and kept the look of the older Datsun's instead of trying to merge the look of a Datsun/Silvia.

Why would you want a 300zx thought?

Drift? Get a Silvia.
Speed? Get a 350z.

You actually like the way a 350z looks though? The Z car died in 1995.

sexy lookin, get it in black

nah

the Z31 and Z32 killed the Z

Z33 brought it back

Stock? Eh, it's passable if I look at it from the side. From the front? No, it looks like a retarded fish. From the back? There are much worse cars on the road.

It has a huge aftermarket thought, so with a Nismo 3 bumper or such it looks much better. Still looks like a very "mid-life-crisis-woman's" car, even thought it's a 300hp v6 for

You're a retard or fifteen years old.

Man, I'm 42 years old with a family and a serious career and there is still something about the raw unfiltered nature of Veeky Forums that has me in tears at times. You just don't see stuff like this on car forums or subreddits.

>ugly
>soggy
>looks like it has down syndrome

Friend owned one that caught fire thanks to leaky injectors that he knew were leaky but still never fixed.

*287HP

There was a recall for that, nissan would have fixed that for free.

yeah your post makes you look 12

I really value your opinion

2008 has the VQ35HR 3.5 L (210 cu in) V6
306 hp (228 kW; 310 PS) at 6,800 rpm
268 lb·ft (363 N·m) at 4,800 rpm

I am retarded and 19 years old thank you.

Is there any kit to shorten the arms? I've gained alot of camber in the back and I'd like to fix it

350zs are autistic looking as fuck and cheap and gross from the inside out, completely unattractive car up close

I hope you're trying to troll. Camber gain only happens when the suspension is under compression. Which, on a Z31, is almost always, as it accelerates, because of the terrible geometry.

>The Z car died in 1976
FTFY

I own a 300zx.
1987 Base model, like, very base, slicktop, 5 sp, NA.

>It's a stupid nigger car with a truck engine
Z31s are drug dealer cars, not too far off. The VG was japans first V6 that debut in the Z31, a sports car.
>rear suspension sucks
It does, the design hadnt changed much from the S30. While its IRS which depending the situation is superior to a live axle, its a very poor design that didn't see improvement until the Z32.
>gearing sucks
Guess what, its a car made for boost and highway cruising.
>heavy
base model sits at like 2900 and the heaviest option maybe another 200 pounds. Not to mention the 2+2. its not heavy.
>ugly
84-86 are arguably ugly.

I honestly think the 84-86 looks better than the 87, they have a sportier classic look to them, the rear of the 87 looks kinda sloppy

My least favorite Z

desu it heavily depends on the condition

I really love them when it's a clean car, maybe with coilovers

but I only ever see dirty or beat to shit ones

This is really what separates Veeky Forums from the rest of the car forums.

No you can not shorten trailing arms., learn how suspension works.
Repace your worn shocks and sagging springs.

Technically its possible to swap the subframe and use an s13 or z32 rear suspension, but if you think you can easily shorten trailing arms then you would not be able to do that work.

>It does, the design hadnt changed much from the S30.
Have you ever actually looked at either? The z31 rear has nothing in common with the s30. The s30 had a lower a arm with McPherson struts. It was truly independent. The z31 used the s130 rear which is semi indepedent trailing arms which where shared with the Maxima 810.

Looks like this 2bh famalamadingdong

You lot are talking about the z31 right

The z32 is a pretty awesome car desu, just pisses me off when niggers get them and put ugly rims and a shitty tail on them

Z32 looks like a fat Saturn

one of the worst aging cars ever made

The engine looks like it belongs in a Mack truck. I'm sure it handles great with that monstrosity under the hood.

>not even my final form

Look at the fucking anti-roll bar at the back of the engine. It's not even tied into the suspension, it's just there to keep the engine from collapsing under its own weight.

Have an '87 NA that I'm swapping in an LS (LQ4).

Almost fully gutted, LQ4 will head to the machine shop in ~3 weeks. Haven't decided if I'm going to go t56 or tko 600 yet

370z is so much better looking.

Strongly disagree, user, I think it has aged bretty well.

I used to have one. Rwd manual. Fucking loved that car. Engine blew up so I put a pathfinder engine in it. Wish I never got rid of it now.

I have pretty bad 80's taste but the Z31 is my second favorit Z car (first fav is the S130).
I used to have one too, sold when I moved to a different state, bought an S30, and hated how finicky it was to keep running (on EFI). Carb'd it and it was more reliable. Sold and I have been looking for another Z31 ever since.

for muh retro a e s t h e t i c you get a Z31

this

What's it like having no taste?

I'm a mazda loving yurocuck and even I think the 300zx looks good to this day.

you tell me

youre the one with no taste

It's great.

That's because only niggers own them

looks like shit just like every jap car during the 80s

Eyyyy a fellow Wisc/o/nsinite! Nice Z, bro.

My obtainable dream is a Shiro edition Z31 with a RB25 swap. I would be smiling until I died

Holy shit it is a Saturn.

Has the best dash of any car (Z31)