Hello Veeky Forums!

hello Veeky Forums!

a very good friend of mine gave me this Garret T25 turbo for free! it came out of a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse DSM (2G). it has major shaft play, and he gave up on the project (sold the dsm for a bike), which is why i got it for free.

Ive been racking my brain trying to think of what to do with it. so im looking for suggestions.

Ive heard of guys putting a T28 compressor wheel, machining the housing for better flow. might do that, or just rebuild kit. not sure yet

im absolutely in love with turbo'd bikes, anyone know what the minimum displacement to hit boost would be with one of these things? guy who gave it to me has a 850cc Volusia, that would be a sick application.

otherwise, ive got a 96 impreza L i was thinking of throwing it on there and keeping boost below 10psi. (i know the flanges dont match, but thats what ingenuity is for)

thoughts/suggestions/opinions/ideas? ill be bumping with cars that show up at my work if i need to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFwV43yYX0Q&feature=youtu.be
automersion.com/2015/05/turbo-your-non-turbo-subaru-ej22/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i work at a hotel/nightclub/fine dining establishment. lots of lambos, mclarens, bentleys, aston martins, porsche, audi, rolls royce among others show up all the time

>major shaft play
It'll make for a very interesting paper weight.

its not that bad, rebuild kit with some new bearings would fix it right up, im sure. and those being ~$50 aint bad

I just bought a 1992 Dodge B250 conversion van. 5.2l V8. It has about 6 inches of loose steering play.

ok? dont really see how that has anything to do with my situation

Sorry. I was just thinking out loud. I wish the best of luck to you. I'm too poor too even try to get the car you have.

Not familiar with burger cargo barges, is that a pickup?

I drive a Fiat Ducato for my work. The throttle has a good 8cm of play before anything happens.

It would fit great on the Impreza L. You'd need new exhaust / injectors / fuel pump / EMS though...

Other than that... I've had the turbo from an '87 300zx sitting around since 2006 and haven't found a use for it because it had a one-off flange and I don't have the cash to get EMS for my miat.

If you have money and fabrication skills you could make a jet engine on a stand for drunken backyard entertainment.

do you know how much fab work is required? think id need a custom up pipe to clear my crossmember anyway, so i wouldnt have to fab that flange

>i think i'd need custom exhaust
no shit?

you're looking at like $2,000 for proper turbo system peripherals.
manifold, downpipe, tune, injectors, fuel pump and regulator, piping, intercooler, etc.
plus new internals for the turbo.

it's not cheap nor easy.

Nice ride

youtube.com/watch?v=dFwV43yYX0Q&feature=youtu.be

This thread is a disaster

there is no need to be upset, user. im well aware what it generally takes to turbo a NA vehicle. dont get your panties in a bunch.

automersion.com/2015/05/turbo-your-non-turbo-subaru-ej22/

disaster is a bit of a embelishment, dont you think? so how bout you become part of the solution, instead of the problem

>you could make a jet
ive seen a couple videos on youtube about this. i wonder if it can provide enough forward momentum to propel a small go kart or pit bike