/mcg/ Minecraft General

In The Sky Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1z57dg/want_to_know_how_thaumcraft_infusion_symmetry_is/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Botania is alright

Okay, basically she told me that the land used to have a bustling village, but a storm destroyed it. It's up to me build one and buy and sell goods to it. That's it.

Second for load times a shit.

Tech mods are shit, hippie druid themes are shit, cancerous features are shit, annoying worlgen additions are shit
The only good things the mod adds are a few aesthetic blocks, which are desperately needed to distract you from the eyesore flowers that are vomited all over worldgen

Also she told me to fetch two dozen logs in order to begin.

Genuinely seems like a comfy pack.

Link it? I'd like to give it a whirl at some post.

Providing you don't determine it's shit that is.

You serious? He posted a screenshot of the name in the last thread.

>8:56PM

Texan time zones a shit.

I wanted to like this pack. I completely lost interest the moment I got my first animal though.

KILL IT

2nd world attempt.

Well here's a village. I thought all the villages were destroyed by a storm.

Christ almighty...

Inside a castle my friend and I built.

doesnt even look like minecraft

Looks like we have some quests we can do.

I have more pics if you'd like.

Oh no, not Emma.

it wasn't a compliment

Holy shit, that brick there. How do you have it looking all 3dish like that?

Also hard difficulty is fucking hell with only three hearts.

The resource pack is chroma hills, and I'm running it on Optifine with SEUS shaders pack. It's just bump mapping.

Would anyone be interested in an infinity evolved expert mode playthrough? Or any good modpack for that matter. I have a server.

Especially if your fighting zombies that can have "legendary" stats.

rude

As well as a chance of having EVEN MORE (legendary) zombies spawn out their ass, every time you hit them.

Post a pic of the same room but remove the shaders and the 128x textures.

Am I the only one who hates that Curse infested Twitch? Twitch even hired some Technicfags. I can't even go there without seeing names of people I recognize in chat rooms as mods.

I thought you were talking about the fappening

So apparently Eiji Aonuma, director of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, drew inspiration for the game from his experiences with Minecraft and Terraria.

Minecraft inspired one of the highest-rated games to ever be released.

This is awesome.

I just hope Minecraft has a mod that can allow you to throw all items.

wat da fug

What's this? owo

That would be nice.

What sort of BotW stuff would be nice in Minecraft?

>wepaons about to break deal more damage then give massive damage on its last hit
>cook stuff by throwing it in a pot
>tree climbing
>dodging

Hell dodging should be base vanilla shit.

Alright, new theme will be VILLAGES.

What mod(s) should I be looking for if I want better villages to protect or be protected in?

>>cook stuff by throwing it in a pot
Wasn't how that originally was back in InDev? Didn't you have to throw ore blocks on the ground then ignite them with flint and steel to get ingots?

Also there are a few mods that do similar stuff. I don't know which, but one my tech mods has you throwing materials on the ground and right clicking the item entity with a hammer to smash it to dust.

>>tree climbing
I miss SMART, or was it SMRTR or something since SMART was BRINK's thing. but yeah, more movement options would be fantastic.

>>dodging
Always a great feature, but Minecraft never had tight enough combat to facilitate functional dodge mechanics.

Theres sword skill mod that adds Zelda like combat but has weird controls.

post more senpai also a comparison to vanilla will be nice

How about standard defense potions?

Cute?

smart moving mod was the shit
if they added some smaller between golem and wither size bosses and made them more telegraphed moves based and less spam i think dodging would be a neat feature
we already have "default" ww to sprint, aa, dd, and ss to jump a block or three in a direction would be neat

Dark Souls bosses when?

Hullo my pretty.

HAHAHHAHAA!

If you have agricraft, DON"T SMELT THE DIAMOND ORE. you can plant stuff on top of it to farm diamond fragments, and therefore diamonds.

Fug, you're a little late. But i'm interested. Please elaborate, I've never heard of this feature. Only a matter of time before I have more ore to play with.

What's with this "Spirit Tree" autism I've been seeing lately?

And here's where the other diamond went.

I will use the Forest for mining resources that are not accessible at the lower levels of my overworld.

Holy fug!

Spawned into a Hollow Hill.

Agricraft is a mod where you can breed plant seeds to reproduce crops without needing to replant the seeds. As you breed seeds, their growth rate and crop yield stats increase, allowing for more crops per harvest, and less time between harvests. Also, crossbreeding plants can result in new seeds for different crops.

Eventually, you can crossbreed seeds that actually yield resources like iron, redstone, and yes, diamond. But you need to have Pam's harvestcraft installed first.

Yes, yes, I know Agricraft. But I don't know anything about growing it on top of the ore block.

>Need to have pams
No you dont

put agricraft in the nei bar and start pressing r on all the seeds

Oh. you can't plant on the ore directly. the ore needs to be the block under the farmland on which the seed is planted. so, from bottom to top, it goes ore->farmland->cropsticks/plant.

Is Ender Storage for 1.7.10 still a buggy piece of shit? I remember hearing it could corrupt chunks if unloaded wrong. Is there any alternatives?

Are you sure they weren't talking about Chicken Chunks?

I was under the impression it was both mods and something to do with Buildcraft's quarries. I could be 100% wrong, though.

Is this enough to stabilize moderate infusions?

I think there's 178 items at total

more than enough for anything ever

Your stabilizers don't look balanced. Which instead of helping would actually make it worse. I think you have enough raw stabilizers to stabilize even the most dangerous primal infusions but with your unbalanced setup a lot of that is counteracting itself, you still could probably do high or dangerous infusions no problem as is. Those air clusters on the floor were probably enough to stabilize moderate infusions all by their selves.

You mean symmetrically? Because I'm pretty sure it's symmetric. If not, I thought you could use any stabilizing item without worring about balance.

The infusers have to be symmetrical.
Where each corner quadrant reflects eachover.
The yellow box represents a quadrant, while red, green and blue are stabilizer blocks. So if you were to rotate your entire altar and it's stabilizers by 90*, it would look exactly the same.

Can't I just use one of the same type then? And that doesn't matter att for heads, right?

As I remember it has to be the exact same. So a red cluster is different from a blue cluster, and a zombie head is different from a creeper head and so on. If you were lazy you could use just one specific infuser as all of the blocks, I remember seeing people flood a basement with only wither skulls because they are one of the strongest and cheapest* to obtain infusers. If you have witching gadget's infuser calculator or whatever it's called it will tell you how strong your collective total of stabilizers is and where unbalanced/symmetrical elements are in it.

Thanks for all the info, I'm gonna fill it with enderman heads since I have a spawner of them.

So, like this?

>As I remember it has to be the exact same. So a red cluster is different from a blue cluster, and a zombie head is different from a creeper head and so on
Nope. So long as it implements IInfusionStabiliser or whatever it is, all stabilisers (crystals/skulls/TC+addon blocks/etc) are treated as the same.
The important bit is whether a matching stabiliser exists in the rotated symmetrical position

I am become destroyer.

are there any servers that let offline players join?

>most cancerous modding community
Hardly. It's definitely not in any top ten, but it's very far from the worst modding community in history.

Not exactly correct - you still can't compile a Linux kernel without GCC, and most of those "GNU-less" distros still rely heavily on GCC. Clang is being adopted, but it's not a fast process by any means.

On the other hand, this is why many modders eventually give up. For example, OpenComputers and ComputerCraft both died (or slowed down massively) because their authors found actual jobs. Were they able to make a living from modding (dan200 clearly tried, between that and (not good enough) sales of his puzzle game Redirection - all ComputerCraft updates since 1.8 were effectively sponsored by one education company or another), things might've been different.

Again, factually incorrect. Almost all modders in the western community use CurseForge and almost all modders in the western community accept donations, but there's still (very) few who refuse to do either; in addition, there's the eastern communities.

Looks like dogshit but whatever floats your shitty vanilla boat.

That's like, the best server. It's my favorite- I go there all the time.

Hold up sir, your post is a tad confusing. Are you suggesting that the infusion logic is only concerned whether a block object implements that interface or not and that the process is agnostic towards any other attributes that object instance may contain? Meaning you can use any infusion block or variation of said block anywhere around your infusion altar so long as the collection of infusion blocks are symmetrical? So i could have an infusion setup like pic related, where each color is an entirely different block, for example blue is skulls, red is crystals, green is candles. Or did you mean that each type of the same block is treated the same, which for example in pic related would all be say crystal clusters where each color represents a different color type of crystal cluster, red = red, blue = blue. That one almost makes sense, however I've experienced before with >botania flowers that their different colored flowers didn't appear interchangeable with each over, with in that case my arcane abacus had pointed out.

Ill gladly join if its not too laggy. Wheres the server hosted?

>first part
Yep. Skulls/crystals/candles/certain TBases blocks are all interchangeable as stabilisers. The only thing that matters is whether it has a partner stabiliser (any) at its opposing symmetrical position
>2nd part
Crystals of different colours make no impact. They're all the same blockID anyway, just different damage/meta values.
>botania flowers
For memory, only (floating) glimmering flowers/glowing mushrooms were valid as stabilisers. But colour/meta differences should be same as above

Montreal, Canada. It's got 4 GB of RAM and only experienced lag in the super late game which is hardly an issue in expert mode. Add me on steam if you're interested.

www.steamcommunity.com/id/evans

>reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1z57dg/want_to_know_how_thaumcraft_infusion_symmetry_is/
And here's a leddit post in case you need even more detail or better explaining

I'm going back to adding a soulbound enchant to Witching Gadgets

Is there some trick to Agrarian Skies? I started but I can't help but die of hunger before I can start farming food. I don't know how to get rid of the beacon that shows my death either, so that doesn't help. Is there something I can do to make the early game a little less tedious?

Is there a decent Aether mod for 1.7.10? I'm seeing a bunch but I don't know which are any good. Disappointed that BoP removed Promised Lands, looked so cool. I'm also looking for a mod that works like skyfall or whatever it was called in bucket, where falling out of the world dropped you into appropriate coordinates of the world beneath it and vice versa.

Hope for more apples from trees, sift dirt asap (make some kind of shears, you get more leaf blocks per tree than you do per chance of sapling, meaning more dirt sooner).

>Platform with your first two trees worth of wood
>Make crook to get more saplings/get silkworms
>Make a barrel to turn saplings into dirt
>Plant two trees away from each other, infest one of the tree's leaves (to get string when completely infested)
>Use string to make sieve
At this point, you should be able to get some seeds to plant on dirt you're making from the barrels.
With enough Pebbles, you can make cobblestone/stone hammers
Stone hammers pulverize cobble into Gravel.
Gravel can be sieved to get ore gravel.

And as for the beacon, press J for Journeybloat.
It's a waypoint you can delete (flag icon on the map screen). Death-waypoints can be disabled in the options.

Thanks, I just hate seeing these ugly beacons. Maybe at least now I can kill myself when I'm about to starve.

I used to be able to play minecraft on my computer under 1.6, but ever since the last few updates, the chunks stop loading and they don't actually pop up until i've been walking on top of them for a few seconds already.
I'm basically walking in a void most of the time.

Did they break compatibility with opengl 2.1? because that's all my computer supports.

Yeah, i constantly experience this in 1.7.10, my rig if far from toaster though
Usually it starts kicking in if i travel fast, like horse, techguns glider, witchery broom
Turns "exploration" into excruciating torture with 100% success

Chunks take time to generate.
Your MAWPC bullshit lets you move faster than they can generate.

>chunks perfectly generate at steady pace for some time
>suddenly start not generating\loading (yes, already generated chunks too) for a solid 20 seconds, then resumes loading\genning for a few chunks before another stop ad infinitum
>your retarded brainfart as an argument
>horse
>mawpc
kys clown

Horses are MAWPC, they came from a mod.

For 1.10.2+, update to latest Forge and enable "alwaysSetupTerrainOffThread" (or so). For 1.7.10, remove Streams.

We page 9 now

I could almost understand playing 1.10 if you enjoy having 10% or less of the content.

But 1.11.2 has...nothing. And people play that shit?

>remove Streams.
the terrain gen mod?

When you do you think Reika will port this and their other mods to 1.10?

Never, I hope

oh noes now naraku is gettin away

>reika
these mods are gay and pointless stop playing them

Suck a dick. That user is doing a public service by documenting Reika faggotry so we don't have to experience it ourselves.

we're well aware of reika's faggotry. he's just shitting up the thread with that garbage.

It's not like anyone else is posting anything worthwhile. Lower your standards. Remember where you are.