/vn/ - What did she mean by this? edition

Visual Novel General #1378

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English translated Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

FUCK MOEGE

I like lolis

moogy's writing skills edition

This.....this is too much.

Who is this semen demon?

i havent played that but whats wrong with the screenshot. tbqh i'd be thinking "fuck this shit" too.

More VNs should take seriously the issue of contraception.

try reading the words out loud, slowly

it's so fucking akward

He's just meme-ing.
>a novel should be written the same way as something meant to be read aloud

Befuck'd, my good sir!

maybe it could be more concise to make it less awks? idk, i seem to have more tolerance than some of the patricians here for less than stellar writing.

^_^

>even our OP image has an improperly taken screenshot

Thats it, im making a guide and adding it in the next OP.

For one the "Well," at the beginning is completely useless, it reads better if you just say:

"Of course, that doesn't change the fact these things can and will kill us very easily."

there is literally nothing wrong with alt + prnt scr

except the unnecessary window border

Paradise Lost, Dante's Inferno, The Illiad and Ulysses and The Bible are meant to be spoken.

And those are the most important and best pieces of fiction ever written.

Go back to /r/visualnovels and never return, you moebuta troglodyte.

You ARE buying it, right?

I just copied an image someone else took. I forgot to crop it until suddenly I was already posting the thread, at which point it was too late.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof
Himawari
Flowers
Fata Morgana

wow it's this post again

hmmm

I am not even going to pirate it. I'm not a pedophile.

Okay why are all these captchas from Japan?

>all ages educational tutorial on trains and railroads

No thanks if I wanted to learn about trains I'd read a real book.

princess evangile. memers like to shit on it but most people enjoy it here.

muv-luvs needs to be condensed to one tile

I LIKE LOLIS!

Does anyone seriously enjoy shit like Symphonic Rain? Why is it recommended rather than a classic like Bible Black?

>Flowers

I dunno about this one. Maybe Kindred Spirits, but Flowers?

Is Maitetsu fully animated?

>why are all these captchas from Japan?
Still waiting on a kana captcha for /jp/ and /a/

Remove Umineko and Higurashi.

t. moogy

wait its all ages?
fucking DROPPED

It uses the emote sprite system, similar to Nekopara.

been awhile since i played it but i enjoyed it

doesn't bible black have an absolutely shit tl?

the sequel for Flowers is getting translated, yeah? if they do a better job on it than the last title, i don't see why it can't bee added

Kindred Spirits for sure though

yes, you can even control the CG settings once you unlock them, change expressions, move the head around, etc.

Not one of us likes attention whores.

That includes you. Leave or stop posting until you understand how to post.

>Maybe Kindred Spirits
Kindred Spirits is easily the best translated yuri VN so for sure

he makes that post everytime someone brings up the landwhale

just report and ignore, along with all e-celeb shit

I'd say wait a couple months before updating the chart because we're going to get a huge influx of titles soon.

The nurse yuri game was better.

yes, until the end of the year at least. after the Dies irae and Subahibi shitstorms pass

Yeah, but I think in terms of quality most people could agree that Fata and Root Double belong on it, and probably Himawari as well

Dies is probably a given

Subahibi is maybe

desu i think Dies will end up being the more polarizing one because it really depends on how well you tolerate chuuni and extremely long fight scenes

Are there any visual novels where I can pee a girl's butt?

>how well you tolerate chuuni and extremely long fight scenes

Just how I like my vns cant fucking wait.
Im hyped as fuck.

>I funded chuunishit without knowing
What the fuck have I done

the happiest mitcher is the best mitcher

There's also Rance 5D and 6 since Sengoku is already there. Or maybe just replace Sengoku with a standard "Rance Series"

Remove Duel Savior too. Add Euphoria maybe.

I just want to know which things Ludo is translating so I can shit on them the day it comes out

the dead mitcher makes the happiest me

Thank you for your patronage user.
When I read it Ill think of you.

i don't think there's any reason to remove Duel Savior until Baldr comes out. the gameplay it provides is pretty different from the other gameplay titles on that list and the chart is about variety

euphoria would be a fine add since it has a niche that many other translated VNs do not.

so CUTE

Imopara 2 when?

Is there a single good OEVN that isn't KS

soon™

no
or rather, I don't know and I don't care either.

It's a question for the OELVN general but it's dead now.

The Witcher 3

Who else think that Himawari is overrated shit? Those fucking aliens in stones, stupid illogical choices leading to bad end, boring slice of life, the whole game is a joke.

Kk, so i've played a couple of more horror based routes and i've gotta ask you guys - something spoopy happens, wat do?

I've discussed this with friends and they don't get it, to me the minorest unexplainable spoop and i am outta there. preparing to sell my house, giving up on all my posessions.

I aint being one of those "oh, i saw a fucking ghost last night but ima stay here tonight too". nope, no way.

How spooky are we talking about? If it's just weird sounds at night I'd probably think it was my cats and ignore them. Seeing an actual ghost might make me run but it really depends on how it happens and if it's trying to harm me in any way.

Wh-What is she holding onto there?

her dick

The japanese mentality is to do nothing until it's too late.

I don't play spoopy games, watch spooky movies, or read spooky VN's because I'm like you.

I will occasionally read spooky things, though.

Source?

Reading Majikoi for the first time, what order should I do the routes?

Junji Itou
Come on man, he's the most known horror manga author.

What's a good horror VN?

Miyako > Chris > Wanko > Momoyo > Yukie

Do the worst first and save the best for last.

>implying Chris wasn't the best

she is 2cute4me

my diary desu

Nocturnal Illusion

idm the occaisional spoopy thing. But if anything even remotely spoopy happened irl im NOPING THE FUCK OUT.
apart from maybe if its clearly female i have a little bit of a thing for scare-fu's
harpy/witch from the first vhs movie is my scare-fu

Really, do them whatever you want. I'd say probably do the mini routes as you unlock them, but it's all enjoyable. None of the routes were so shitty as to be a huge buzzkill and even come close to making you not want to finish.

Also, make sure even if you skip the other side routes to read Takuya's route.

The Noose.

>Also, make sure even if you skip the other side routes to read Takuya's route.
Why, what's special about it?

Chris' route was okay but I like Yukie more in terms of character and route. Honestly I should redo it, I was giving Momoyo too much credit, I don't really remember squat about her route while I remember stuff from the rest.

Miyako > Momoyo > Chris > Wanko > Yukie

I could see how most could not like Wanko's route because of it saying hard work doesn't always make for success but I enjoyed it.

Memeing or not, I agree, even if they have too much gameplay for a VN.

>The Noose.
That summary in vndb.

I don't think there are many, even less translated. Saya no Uta and Higurashi maybe.

There's a few newer VNs that seem to be gravitating towards horror but they're untranslated, some stuff by Moonstone. Also Iwaihime

>Iwaihime will never be translated because of the TW circlejerk's hatred for R07
it's not fucking fair lads

That's unfortunate.

The Corpse Party games maybe.

You don't remember the Kawakami War?

It'll hit close to home.

It really is good, you should give it a go.

I like Majikoi's design except Momoyo design. She looks ugly despite described as beautiful.

I'm about to finish the first one, and I don't think it matters. All main girls are great.

Are there any VNs that aren't pure unadulterated dog shit?

No. Now I remember why it sounded so familiar in Seiso's route.

Yes.

There it is again, but this time its not D.D

God dammit SP.

What do you define as pure unadulterated dog shit

r07 has already expressed content regarding MG's sales for his titles on his Twitter, so who knows, it's possible for it to happen

i'm not an r07 fan either but i thought Iwaihime was alright. a bit too edgy in some parts for my tastes. i think he had an editor for this one

My nigga. Great game, just wish it had better art.

Myth, Higurashi, Umineko (parts of it), and Higanbana. Not too many translated. There's also Dividead but the translation is really bad.