Does anyone here have a tape deck in their shitbox?

Does anyone here have a tape deck in their shitbox?

Yep, still got one in my S10.

Post tapes

None. I just keep it on a classic rock station.

I had one in my RX-7
copying/writing tapes was a pain in the shit so I just said fuck it and went with a cheapo aux tape

Yep, tape to Aux my dood

I was kinda bummed that the original tape player was swapped for a CD head unit in my 240 before I bought it; but even more bummed that the 940 I got with original tape deck wont play, it just keeps flip flopping between sides.

I wanna rock my tapes man!

My 2008 Acura TL has a tapedeck, but I would trade it for a USB port in an instant.

Yes. Haven't fucked with it too much.

I have 2 cars with tape decks. 96 integra with factory radio and 79 toyota corona wagon with an aftermarket tape deck from the early 90s. I have the original radio for the corona but its am fm only

>nope

i threw that shit out 2 weeks into owning it

Reeeeee

Go make yourself some old school tapes you punk-ass lamer

My shitbox is so cheap and shitboxy that it doesn't even have a cassette deck. It's just am/fm radio and nothing else

Yup, but shitbox died.

I'm going to run a walkman into the aux and see how life is with that. Not sure if it's worth the effort to swap in an extra 15yo head head unit I have.

I know that feel. The display on the radio died too so I cant even see what station im listening to. If I lose my presets im fucked...

I have a Walkman connected to my aux if that counts.

got one in the chevy II

My tapes got eurobeat on it and some other old school shit

no, i have a factory cd player

which is just as useless, or maybe even more because atleast with tape decks you can use these shitty things and get some kind of aux.

On my first shitbox, I ran a walkman in to one of those so I could play my tapes.

'99 Lexus RX300, doesn't have the CD player option. Is there such as thing as a tape converter that doesn't suck. Are they always shitty and noisy?

Yeah, my 04 LS430 has one.

I didn't even think much of it until I had to try to explain to my five year old kid what a tape was.

Damn your s10 looks good. My seat on the drivers side is ripped up.

Why yes, yes it does.

there are places that add aux and/or bluetooth to your factory radio, usually about $100.

They also have those lower power FM transmitters you can plug into your CD player or whatever, and then pick it up on your car radio. I've never tried one, so I can't speak to the sound quality.

If it would only be $100 to get a real aux jack, that might be worth it. I was able to find the right traces on my circuit board to replace the AM radio with an aux jack, and that was probably about $100 worth of my time to work out.

jelly

my car has factory radio delete optioned

otherwise i have a ghetto blaster in the seat next to me at least

Yep. My Explorer has a compact disc slot, as well as a tape deck.

>theft deterrent design

what do tape decks go for on the streets these days?

fuck that im still on 8 track

yes sir, I recently figured out how to record music off of youtube so I have been using it a lot lately.

I've got a tape deck and a CD changer in my E320. I just use one of those $10 tape adapters with a phone.

>first gen Supra
Holy fuck mate, that's sick. I have never been able to find one on classifieds near me with an manual trans.

mine was one of the first few thousand Supra made, January of 1979. 5spd trans and all, i rarely if ever drive it out of fear of something happening to it lol. still fully original down to the 8 track player

you guys like tapes or cd?

how bout i tape my dick to your forehead and you can c dees nuts

i stick my dick in your mom like i used to stick a pencil in my tapes to rewind them when you were still in your dads nutsack

That's weird, my 08 civic Si with the navigation system doesn't. I thought Honda would make Acura more futuristic

Yes, got a tape/cd player out of a minivan because the police interceptor radio was shit.

Got Vanilla Ice, Iron Butterfly, Elton John, CCR, and an aux tape.

I had one for a few years. It's better than silence but the quality is passable and it goes to shit in some spots.

lel
i'll give you a B for effort and making me chuckle

i used a Ebay Chinese transmitter that goes into the cigar lighter outlet and the Walmart transmitter that uses AAA batteries and plugs into your phone or whatever, both worked really well no issues in my older vehicles

My outback has tape and a 6 stacker

yes but its broken, i have to use a fm transmitter to listen to stuff thats not the radio

I had a 6 tape deck but took it out and binned it. Should've asked my dad if he still had his burl ives cassettes.

my 06 rsx-s came with one

don't ask me why honda did this

>don't ask me why honda did this
Japs kinda have a hard on for obsolete tech. They still use fucking floppy disks.

This is just the right kind of thread for me as a tape enthusiast.

Radio is ghey in my part of the world. So only through mixtapes can I transcend into a happy state.

my old '94 S15 had a tape deck. the sad part is that since i live in MS, the only tapes i could find were jim croce, generic gospel, and zig ziglar's "how to set and acheive your goals"

i had the 1990 foxy grandpa aesthetic going for me. /mu/s gonna copy that style in a few years

I wish I did so I could at least use a tape adapter, but I still have to burn music onto CDs.

wait. you stuck your dick in my mom while i was in dads nutsack...

...i never met my dad...

Pre1997 LS400?