Abarth or classico?

Abarth or classico?
Thinking of going to trade my speed3 in this weekend and checking out this abarth 124 spider. It's brand new with 5 miles and by far the best looking one I've seen. My question is: is the abarth worth it? I know the lusso or whatever it's called is listed around the same price as this abarth and the classicos are like 4-5k less. Anyone with some first hand experience with the different trims?

Get the miata instead for that delicious customer loyalty discount with your MS3. Also, the Fiata looks ugly af.

Definitely the Abarth. The engine there is Pretty much the same as found in the Mito QV, but on steroids. Personally I like the look of the standard trim better, so I'd just remove the hood wrap and maybe wheels. Aftermarket is good enough. As per usual with Tony cars the electronics will probably be the first thing to go.

Why do journalists seem to always prefer the MX-5 over the 124 Abarth?

Really, they so that? On the second car? Huh. I kinda like the fiats look over the miata and I figure there might be decent aftermarket for the spider down the line since it's the same engine as the abarth 500 (not saying the ND is gonna have bad aftermarket, I know people love the balls out of miatas. I just figure in a few years if I want, it'd be easier to build an already turbod car).

>Audi supporter expressing his opinion on design

If it was up to me, you'll be headed to forced labour

What are the specs on the abarth engine? I can't find shit on it, every result is the base models and the car journalists are too busy getting all fancy shmancy history lessons about the old 124 than fucking saying anything useful to consumers.

Because muh japanese reliability and miata heritage.

4cyl 1.4 Tony Multiair (FCA version of VVT) with a tarbo making 170hp@6250 and 250nm@2500. 0-62 in ~6,8 secs, max speed 143 mph.

The Abarth logo is ugly.

Wait so 2 more horses than the base models? Then why would the abarth be the one to get, other than the look?

Comes with LSD mainly...

The 124 lusso, basic model is making 140hp and 230nm of torque.

It can get close to 200hp with just a tune.

Oh I see, this is what i mean by the specs being so fucked by the search algorithms and the journalists sucking dick at actually giving info, I had it confused. Huh, prolly gonna get this then thanks man. I'm excited to get something to have fun in without having to constantly break the law to get any fun out of.

...and a decent suspension setup, way better than the one on the Miata.

Actually my friend just bought a Fiata 2 weeks ago.
He testdrove a focus RS and hated it because it's just uncomfortable and the seats suck. He test drove a miata RF and hated how loud it is inside and that it's not fun to drive. He test drove the fiat 124 and loved it because it was so much fun to drive and bought it that same day

This is my thinking, plus love the styling. I basically just want to be tiny and low again. Had a 944 s2 before my speed3 and thought I wanted more power...turns out I loved my porsche for just being light as all hell and all that. Don't hate the speed3 and it's a lot of fun, it's just not right for me. Thinking the fiata will cure it.

Depends on whether or not they can crack the ECU. Right now all that you can get are piggyback ECUs, and good luck getting the fucks who make those to be honest about gains.

Mazda needs to fix that shit now that they've launched the stupid RF

keep in mind the engine makes 230whp after tunes in the abarth 500 and there's speculation the engine can get even more power than that without touching the internals, it's just that the 500 abarth's transmission is made aof glass and shreds itself above that
also the 500 abarth has real limitations on how unrestrictive its intake and exhaust can be because of the tiny engine bay, the fiata has way more room

if you want something you can get some pretty big power out of for not much work, and it still fundamentally an ND miata with some nicer performance bits, get the abarth 124

also if you get the abarth tune it immediately, the way the power band is stock it's peaky as shit and gives up after 5k, all the readily available 200whp tunes right now massively smooth that out

I'm used to that powerban with my speed, the tune I've got on it right now is weird. It hits boost at 3k, goes hard and dies around 4.5 then picks back up REALLY hard at 5.5 again. I'm not too worried about power, I'd just keep my speed if I was with 300whp. I just want to be tiny and low again and be able to enjoy cruises and all around driving without having to pin it everywhere. And I want something brand new, something wholly mine from the start.

well, this is that
although you should get it with the black hood and trunk. some will call it rice but i personally like it. also the original one did that
seems like nobody is picking it as an option tho

Agreed! I super like it, that's why I plan on getting the one in OP. There's a few others without it and are cheaper cause it's like a 1k option but it's part of what makes me drawn to it.