Truckerfag thread /TFG/

I don't know anything clever to put here. I never make these threads.

>when you're a busrider that likes to roleplay as a European trucker but all you know about trucking is what you read on Wikipedia and can't keep up your ruse when someone calls you out on it and then they ask you to post a picture of your truck and you panic because you know you don't have a truck to post a picture of so all you can do is ask them to post a picture of their truck instead

t. Busrider who bashes busriders... When does this ride end?

is that dude seriously walking underneath that shipping container?!?!?!

did he sleep through his OSHA

Can we chill with the intercontinental beef. Everybody here knows eurocucks are eternally jealous of America, even though we're not quite as awesome as we used to be. No need to point it out and embarrass them.

This is a good picture and deserving of a (you)

Take a closer look at the picture, dummy.

>unloading my luggage for hometime at Petro
>Lot mostly empty because 1300
>Hear someone laying on the horn by the fuel island
>Some fucking dinosaur driving an old Pete with an oversized load flatbed, cigarette in mouth comes barreling out of the fuel line
>takes out 4-5 of those moveable reserved spot poles with his trailer because they stood between him and the highway
>drags one a quarter mile across the parking lot going about 40 mph
>See him get out screaming SHIT FUCK as he kicks it loose and just leaves it there

Just as soon as you post a picture of your superior euro truck, pal. Or, post a picture of your invoice from earlier today. You're always so eager to brag about your truck and gloat about these heavy loads but never post pictures like everyone else.

>Americans already make their lots and roads large enough to U-turn a jumbo jet on
>truckers still manage to hit shit

Kek. I'm not the guy you think I am. I'm just laughing over all this shit. I'm in Nevada waiting to dump this shit and figured I'd join the shit posting.

Speaking of... Anyone with an Android phone know how to take smaller res images with their camera? I had to apply 1:1 image ratio and still got a 2.7MB image.

Where in NV? I'm driving from Mammoth CA to Idaho in August and we're taking some backroads. I assume you stick to the interstate right? Northern Nevada looks fucking desolate on street view. Like have you been near Battle Mountain or driven the Lincoln Highway? I read an article that the 50 is so empty you can drive as fast as you want.

No but I can tell you if you crop your image before posting it wont get turned sideways.

It depends on the app. My phone doesn't fix it.

It's the weekend boys!!!! Who ready to party??!?!!

beep beep!

I'm a western regional guy and I drive almost all the highways, interstates and state roads here. That picture I shared is in western Nevada by Reno. A lot of it is very desolate, and you won't see much but dirt hills and sage brush. Do you mean Mammoth Lakes on 395? If you're wanting to explore I'd take 6 starting in Bishop to 375 and see Extra Terrestrial Highway, like the town of Rachel and Alamo. Then go up 93 through Ely and those small in between towns. You could get back on 80 and go west to Winnemucca (which would go through Battle Mountain) or stay on 93 northbound through Wells, NV to Twin Falls, ID. Really, the prettiest sights going into Idaho from Nevada is 95. You'll drop right into Boise that way after going on some Idaho State roads from the highway. I have only driven 50 when a part of 95 was shut down and detoured to Fallon. But otherwise, yeah, not much out there.

Pic related, it's 95 in Idaho

Or stay 395 to Carson City and ride Lincoln Highway into Fallon and start the adventuring there. While most of Nevada is bare and boring, there are some sights you won't see anywhere else. Which part of Idaho are you ending up in?

Yes, we are departing mammoth lakes on the 395 and driving into King Hill, ID. Google maps has us taking 395 > 167> 359 > 95 > 361 > 50 > I-80 > 93. That right there is 10 hours. I'm not trying to sightsee, I'm looking for path of least resistance.

Welp, finished loading, only to find that my trailers landing gear is fucked, and i have a nail in one of my tires. Looks like I'm spending at least the next couple of hours at the shipper, everyone else left already. Yo ho ho, the o/o life's for me.

Oh okay. Yeah, Google will give you the absolute fastest route I'm sure. Speaking of Hawthorne, since you'll be going through there, I swear that's the inspiration for the BOS bunkers in New Vegas. I mean, they look the exact same and it's right next to an army ammunition depo.

>MFW the codriver/swamper on the vac truck working on site is grinding the transmission gears of their newish Peterbilt down to a fine, mirror smooth polish by being rammy and impatient when shifting

I never understood that. It takes no pressure to shift gears. If you take the time and patience to learn proper shifting you'll turn it into a thoughtless habit. Give that goyim an autoshift

Shiny polished gears just like dat chrome bumper he scratched up yesterday.

Wew.

Been signed on to my company one year now. Got a bonus, a raise, and a full weekend off.

Everyone knows you gotta train a brand new transmission. It stops grinding after it learns.

Lmao

I saw this.

Is it possible to get a trucking job for only weekends and evenings?

Nice pic of your truck.

LMAO!

Unlike you, I actually have my own truck that I can take a picture of. You won't post a picture because you know you ride a bus.

Day cab position that runs at those times, maybe. It's not a part time side gig sort of thing.

Nice hexadecimal filename. What forum did you steal it from.

K

The bus driver let you go all the way up to the front of the bus to take that?

Good one.
>hexadecimal
>it's clearly numeric

Busrider elitism is the cancer killing Veeky Forums.

>Scania a best bus

He even let me go all the way up to the top floor too. Everyweekend he lets me do it.

Gotta be the best bus rider? Kek

Your short bus is a peterbuilt! Plus the driver let you take a pic of his steering wheel.

>he called my truck a bus so I'll call his truck a bus. Sure showed him I did.
I know the typical trucker isn't renowned for their intellect but you could at least try like a little bit.

K shortbusrider

Tesla Semi Truck tease from Musk at Ted Talk.

What if I told you the truck makes 2400hp and 2850 ft/lbs of torque. Just hypothetically.

can it go more than 300 miles with 80k and not need an 8 hour recharge?

Yeah but is there a flame from her stacks and is the smoke blowing black as coal?

t. busrider accusing busrider of being a busrider

We have about 5 guys that do just that, they are either retired or ex-truckers who still enjoy hitting the road on weekends/whenever. They mostly go repo/rescue trucks then run loads until they want to go home, or fill in for us daycabbers when we take vacation.

Mr. "pretend I'm a nigger on the internet" Michael will probably be put in a Tesla truck, as they are a great fit for his type of work and Pepsi can flaunt how green they are.

Ran a pneumatic tanker all last week but it sucked so i told them to fuck off. Finally set in a comfy ass 2016 kennworth 880 end dump

I can see that going incredibly well.
especially since i think 60% of the fleet is penske rentals cause the normal trucks have been flogged to death.
"oh i know lets let these monkeys get their dick beaters on our new multi billion dollar truck!"
the universe would rupture before that happens.
its a great idea for local deliveries. but the thing better be 100% fully automated beforehand or the quality of driver would need to skyrocket at those jobs.

why would a man pretend to be a nigger

shhhhh don't question it just let it happen

hi guys. I start my first trucking job Monday. I'm in a 2015 Western Star daycab eith a DD15 and 18 speed. how fucked am I?

Doing what?

probably driving a truck

thsts a big trailer for you

Allie quit trucking. She's doing some meme RV adventure now with her boy boyfriend. Someone shoot me. My whole
Life has been a lie

>local delivery routes
>fully automated

I don't know if you understand how delivery routes work.

Gladly. Let's schedule a meetup and I'll shoot you between the eyes

>go to pick up truck
>truck already picked up
Wat do?

They would actually work for a job like mine. But our fleet is already like 15 years old so who the fuck knows if they would actually spend the money.

And fwiw, you fags were the ones who said I was black, not me.

Because I'm Irish and Russian and would be pasty as fuck if I were a NEET like the rest of Veeky Forums. However, I tend to spend time outside in the sun and became a bronze god so when I posted a pic with my hands in it or some shit, everybody started telling me I was black.

Pretty much. I'm waiting to see how many Penske tractors we will have by the end of this summer. Last summer (the busiest time when there are no spare trucks) about 20% of out fleet was Penskes because they refuse to upgrade.

Lel this is also true because most local delivery routes are also part sales. FedEx or UPS would be better for an automated system than something like my job.

>mfw i see a straight truck or someone says they are restricted to autos only

>tfw FL lets people test for their CDL in autos and doesn't even put a restriction on them
What a joke. Whenever I hear that somebody can't even drive a 10spd, I talk so much shit to them.

>irish
>russian
>implying there's a difference from being a nigger subhuman
You have to go back.

To where? I'm a mutt of like every shitty Yuro country that sent people to America. They will have to chop me up into a dozen pieces and send em to each country.

Wait. What? That isn't safe at all. First mountain they find they're screwed if they don't know what they're doing.

>FL
>mountains

But yeah, it's ridiculous. There have been so many times where the boss needs a random driver to grab one of the 40' trailers with a T800 and driver comes back like "I can't drive stick". Wtf. I tell him just to give me that shit instead, I'll get it done.

And then for awhile he was convinced he would teach everybody to drive stick and quickly gave up.

The state of those rims is triggering me.

Your druck all fixed up? :DDD

>Bought brand new medium sized RV
>Patreon link in latest video
Surprise surprise.

If it doesn't have a long nose setup then I'm out.

>Can't drive stick
The Chronicles of Ridic. I saw an ad for a """""trucking school""""" posted somewhere a while back that boasted an automatic, single drive axle, day cab truck with a rear window, and a 26' flatdeck trailer to maximize the odds of someone passing the road test.

Oh, he fucked.

>Because I'm Irish and Russian

So the rumors are true, you really are a nigger

Just an FYI for those of you that didn't get the memo: this thread is for tractor trailer drivers ONLY. Don't come in here with your meme box trucks, meme dump trucks, meme tow trucks, or any other meme straight truck. You aren't about the 18 wheeler long haul life so GTFO

Beep beep! Special delivery!

Will you two just fuck already? Christ.

how often do you guys adjust your slack adjusters

Can I be a trucker?

If a Mexican who can hardly speak any English can become a trucker than you can probably do it also.

Red pill me on basic truck pms

>tfw buddy who is a kennworth mechanic ask me what type of engine is in my truck
>tell him "a big ole diesel"

If they're auto slack adjusters, never. Check them out every few weeks to see they're still in good position by pulling on them. If they're fucked, gotta get them replaced.

I had a trailer once I had to adjust. It's real easy. But after I adjusted I never checked them. I got a new trailer about two weeks later.

Oh yeah. I forgot... And it's dumb that it's a restriction in the first place. They should do as Germany does and learn a standard transmission to get your license then drive auto later if you prefer. At least you understand how to make one move and stop afterwards.

Industry pressure is against you though. By limiting the amount of people that can drive by requiring manual trans skills you also limit the amount of barely trained monkeys you can enslave.

In IL where I got my CDL, you have to take the test in a manual truck and double clutch. Some states are like that, others will let you test in an auto truck but give you a restriction, and then places like FL let you test in pretty much anything with a trailer. They will let you test in our bay trucks which are automatic with 4x2 tractors, a single axle trailer, and backup cams (they are 46' trailers tho so long for bay trailers). They would let you test in the tiny pup trailers too with a 4x2 auto tractor.

I mean it is switching over and will be like cars too where autos are rare in the US, but I think they should at least have restrictions (for cars and trucks) if they can't into manuél.

Right. In Utah, you just get a restriction. But it does seem like everyone is adapting to auto because of better fuel economy. Plus, it takes 1/4 less skill to operate a tractor-trailer that way. More ragheads to throw in trucks with less training.

I mean, you're not wrong... It's really upsetting to hear of all the "driver shortages" that's a total lie. I totally believe it's all for a way to lower market demand and lowering wages. Half of these mega carriers face racketeering lawsuits almost every year and no one cares. Trucking has turned into something else than what I imagined it would be like in yesteryears.

Once a year, right before CVSA week.

When is that? First week of June?

Check 'em

You got me beat by a mile

>tfw never stop for scales

How bad will this catch up to me someday? Surely i can say i didn't see it right?

Thats okay. I'll still check those dubs.

Oh he dead.

>A little ass to ass action between my maymay straight truck and a tanker from yesterday

>All them quattros

I try to check them every couple of weeks. Adjust them as needed.

>CVSA blitz week
>TFW our shop is maybe a mile from the local scales
Just bypass my shit up senpai.

Download LeafPic and crop

Nah

It's less work than your post asking how in the first place

Just violated my logs by 3 minutes, I sure hope the fucks in Michigan appreciate these bananas.

I never asked how though. I couldn't care less

Alright... Time for a trip code since I'm getting confused with every other user... Lame ass name, but I've no other nick name

>Back from 10 days of glorious hometime
>Get 1.15/mi out of FL to WI
>Calibrated all my Right Weighs
>Scored a free dorm fridge, 32" TV and crock pot from mom
>Stocked up on camera shit
>Got bank accounts moved back to FL from MO
>Got to give the family a ride, scared the hell out of my mom grabbing gears
>Niece is in love with my rig got to take her to school in it a few times
>Got to tour my state for a few days

It's weird growing up in a tourist state, then leaving for two years and coming back to do tourist shit.

I still hate them.