/ovg/ - Dingo Twitter Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ulFkjYbD!oflLvo2XxUdiD2F5dSCoNhjkzHg5K41WYHfNwJWNkrA
actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot
youtube.com/watch?v=KG1-iNCBU2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To the user who refunded ac. Give it to m3me on steam. Hmu

>/ovg/ manchildren still refuse to have Forza events after the BMW Beatdown of 2016

I remember running it fine on like an AMD Mobility HD3450. The port is fine. But perhaps your definition of toaster isn't quite the same as mine.
In any case, just go back a generation. CMR 2005 is a solid game, and so is Race Driver 3.

>playground games gives us 911 turbo 3.3 in fh3 for free
>doesn't have rwb kit all you can do is make it look like a 964 rsr or the 930 blackbird
Why live?

install need for speed 2015

Fuck off Theo

>shit handling
>shit customization by nfs standards
>shit story
>barely any progression
>everyone online is 12
>always online
>gets boring
>tuning is so bare bones and really doesn't do anything
>only real upside is the 10/10 graphics

Fuck that, I'd rather play Rivals. It may have shit handling, a shit story and boring dlc, but at least I can actually have fun while playing it.

yeah its almost as if it was a NFS game

Looking for gud games to play on my laptoaster. When I say this thing is a toaster, I mean...

>Intel i3 5015U 2.1GHz
>Intel HD Graphics 5500 Mobile
>6GB SDRAM

I can run Underground 2 and TDU rather well on high settings. Currently looking at Race Driver: GRID, Dirt 2, Shift, Midnight Club II and Driver: San Francisco.

iRacing

Fuck me, it looks so good! This game is seriously making me regret wasting my money on an Xboner just for Forza. I could've had this fucking amazing game, but instead I chose to get a long line of shitty, poorly optimized cash-grabs. Horizon 3 is pretty nice tho, so not a total loss I guess...

Welp, at least I can buy a PS3 secondhand on eBay and pickup GT6. Won't be good as this, but it'll be something.

>low-angle lighting just for camera blowout when looking toward sun
>cars warp wall-to-wall
>floating flagtags
Looks exactly like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

>subscription based
>i don't have a wheel, i go hard mode and play sims on an f310

I know it's an amazing sim, but I'm not going to put down $13 for the shallow amount of content in it.

i literally use a mouse and do just fine

All of these are good. And the other Codemasters game are decent as well.

>controller
>hard mode
Literally get good

That wasn't my point. Also I am actually decent on a controller, I just need to be I N T H E Z O N E. I'm saying that I don't think the amount of content iRacing has to offer is worth 13 bucks a month. If it was just a one time payment I'd do it, and while I know the devs need money to license these cars and get the physics right, I just don't think it's worth it.

>decent on a controller
How many /ovg/ wins do you have?

>i don't race in /ovg/ because i'm not a faggot i just come here to enjoy the slow moving discussions and ironically shill for pcars2 because i know it will be shit

None, if you have to know.

Who are you quoting?

Who else /ovgdrunk/

>he used grentexte so he MUST be quoting someone

I seen people misusing greentext all the time. This isn't /s4s/. We're retarded here in /ovg/, but we're not as retarded as them.

do you faggots do anything but crash into eachother and fastshame people who can actually drive?

yes, we say we like a game and call others fanboys/shills for doing liking another game whilst being called fanboys/shills for our own taste

welcome to /ovg/, Veeky Forums's very own condensed version of /v/.

No

>poorly optimized cash-grabs
do you mean video games?

45 minutes until quali starts fo the tatuus pickup races.

We fly halfway across the world to fuck trannies

Is this AC or something else? I don't remember AC having motion blur like that.

That's good ol' rFugtor.

Project CARS Pro: Wild Run

It's trashFactor, just heavily edited

I don't remember rFactor having motion blur like that even with mods, but fuck if I know I haven't played in like 5 years

>heavily edited
it's post process senpai

You need to delete everything except coreshaders.mas from GameData\Shared

Other way around, delete coreshaders.mas

do both and install [spoiler]____Whiplash__[/spoiler]

>he didn't delete DGKFC.REC from WHIPLASH\FATDATA

>hurr muh RWB
kys f.a.m.

here desu senpai

who else /ovgDUDEWEED/

ayyy lmao

>tfw starking's team of elite simracers crashed out
>tfw the merry band of funnymen are our last hope for success at the nurburgring

Your predictions for this weekend?

NICE

mega.nz/#!ulFkjYbD!oflLvo2XxUdiD2F5dSCoNhjkzHg5K41WYHfNwJWNkrA

This weeks skinpack is going up early as I've got to get to bed early as I'll be up at 4am to go rally marshalling, hopefully no one misses the cut but sorry if you do.

>Porsche Carrera GT
praise the lord

Put your trip on, James

>no /ovg/ Forza events for months

???

is there an easier way to figure out what all the parts of the GT3 skins are without guessing and trial-and-error?

Started dirt rally, went with that classic car, the orange one? How fukt am I?

who /WATbird/ here?

feels japanese mayne

Are these DLC cars?

forzathon reward this weekend
no DLC req

>DiRT Rally
Keyboard ---> Fucked
Pad ---> Less fucked
Wheel ---> Okay

Just be weary that the Alpine is RWD, so it will oversteer if you give it to much. Should've gone with the MINI, FWD can help you in the corners.

Hi I don't keep up with simracing news much.

-Does forza have decent wheel FFB
-Will forza 7 be a decent PC port?

thank

Is it worth getting a wheel for arcade/simcade racers or is it just a "muh realism" thing?

posted this is the previous thread but it died

>Does forza have decent wheel FFB
Decent, yes.
>Will forza 7 be a decent PC port
Won't be a port so it should deliver on all levels since APEX was there testbed

Forza 6 has okay FFB as long as you're on recommended rotation settings, FH3 FFB is currently broken but Playground says they're fixing that in the patch that comes with the Hot Wheels expansion.

We know next to nothing about Forza 7 other than it'll have a bigger focus on wheels than previous entries and will headline Scorpio with H D G R A P H I C S, but expect a shitty port, because devs have no respect for the PC master race.

Also Forza isn't a sim you bumblecuck. Go play GTR 2 ifyou want a 10/10 sim.

seconding this. Would also like to know how cheap is too cheap. I'm a poorfag with expensive hobbies

i bought one just for assetto corsa
sold it about a year later.

i fucking love racing sims but the problem with the g27 is that it's such a nightmare to setup, you cant just push it to aside because there's fucking cables and shit everywhere.

Get a G920 faggot. PC and Xboner support and way less cables. You can get one on eBay for $200-$300 if you're lucky.

I already play spergulators, I miss the automotive sandbox type games but don't want to play games that feel like utter shit is all.

I don't need Rfactor 2 tire model.

>unplug power and pedal cables, leave exactly where they are
>move to top shelf of desk
>if no top shelf just clamp it on the side or back of your desk
>takes 15 seconds

wooooooooooow

buy used if you have to, but dont buy a wheel that isn't 900deg with FF and 3 peddle/shifter
you kinda need to be willing to really dedicate some time to some very specific games as well
g24/920 is good
fanatec is great if you can spare the cash and are willing to put up with some somewhat questionable QA

G27/29 is god tier for emulators.
G27 has best compatibility, G29 has DFGT Dualshock-style button layout on a G27 chassis but requires newer drivers so it only works on Win7 and up.

G27 will work on Win98 as well as games released since that era like Monster Truck Madness 2 (with FFB!) and some late DOS games like Whiplash.

Overall a Logitech wheel it's absolutely worth it if if you've ever wanted your own arcade racer cabinet but wanted to play more than one game on it. Arcade games often have subtle handling dynamics that come alive when you play with the precision of a steering wheel.

>>takes 15 seconds
it's more like the difference between watching a movie on cable TV and watching a bluray

sure I can get the perfect verison of it if I got up and put the disc in the player, but sometimes you just don't want to commit that chunk of time

i dunno, I feel like this is a very specific problem for a very specific group of people
and you probably know if you are one of those people

people too lazy to spend 15 seconds plugging in a controller before playing a game for likely more than an hour?

No I don't understand, please don't tell me you're american.

again it isn't the amount of time setting up
it's the feeling of now commuting the next few hours to racing

and most people will take more the a few seconds to set up a wheel/peddles/shifter

Whiplash in Dosbox should run beautifully.

Sorry guys but I can't race tomorrow, getting my cat a pedicure.

Just to let you guys know, I'm not going to be racing tomorrow. I'm couching my sons soccer match. So don't wait up for me, lol!

>getting my cat a pedicure.

What are you? a fe(male)?

Regret to inform you guys...

But I'm going to be missing the big race tomorrow, got a family dinner to attend. Good luck to all fellow competitors tomorrow.

-Kevin

Hey guys, I won't be able to make the race tomorrow. I'm going to be busy wearing skirts and kneesocks.

Hey yo guys, bad news....

Can't make it to the race tomorrow, promised my aunt I'd fix her car. See you guys next weekend.

My fellow racers....

I'm sorry, but I just can't make it to the show tomorrow. After last week's disaster, I feel it's appropriate to take a break. Thanks for listening.

enough

It's ok everyone! I'll be racing.

on that note
>using your real name for simracing
>sometimes being forced to do so
fucking why
will you be my simdad

actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot
neat

holy shit this is embarrassing. good god, the comments...
youtube.com/watch?v=KG1-iNCBU2s

>coming soon / May/June 2017
>TARGA FLORIO (v0.9)
>TRANSFAGARASAN DN7C (v0.9)
>HONDARRIBIA (v0.9)
>HRADEK/LIPTAKOV (v0.9)
>VERSME (v0.9)

>Luopioinen WIP
ye

>mfw I am just now realizing I need to work until 6 pm CST tomorrow

>working

yes, and?

>no one can connect to the server but me and i don't know why

it worked perfectly fine last week with a brand new router out of the box
thanks windows 8
probably being hacked by SJ

Oliver is providing a server this week, hopefully everything goes properly, though liveracers is broken atm

Keyboard is easy mode learn to fucking drive

>1966 Spa
>1972 Imola
fuck yes

Sorry guys, won't be able to race today as I'll be enjoying the silver birthday party platter at the Wigan roller rink

I have the exact same problem.
I love racing sims but setting everything up means I have to be sure that I will not just drive a couple of laps.
Sometimes I just want to fuck around for a bit but setting the wheel and shifter up and then putting it away afterwards takes around 10 minutes.
I plan to build a cheap rig with those alu profiles so I won't have this problem anymore.

>having a screen that far away
Why do people do this?

A "cheap" profile rig ends up costing $700+ here, not including the seat. The fittings are a bitch, they cost just as much as the extrusions

don't know where you live but this site is pretty cheap:
motedis.com/shop/Friends-of/Sim-Rig:::200_423.html

Can't you people just weld this thing?

Actually Pastor is now. Mine spaghettied during the AC race, so he is hosting it now, but I have access in case he isn't there tonight. It should be up and running I just need to put the latest skin pack on when I get myself out of bed

anyone up for some 4za?
i mostly do A class circuit racing or drifting
add me: cri11eman

I'm sorry I pulled a vonmoltke yesterday, but I was too tired to race. That said, I'm still glad 10+ people still showed up for the race.

Next week it will be the audi TT cup with P2P around a track I will ponder for way too much and decide around thursday. Same time for next week too probably.

Can't you faggots who are too lazy to plug in cables and shit get one of these?

>wheel stand "pro"
wew lad