/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about either "official" or not steam or discord groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore them.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 15th:
351 – Constantius II elevates his cousin Gallus to Caesar, and puts him in charge of the Eastern part of the Roman Empire.
1493 – Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas
1672 – Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
1783 – In an emotional speech in Newburgh, New York, George Washington asks his officers not to support the Newburgh Conspiracy. The plea is successful and the threatened coup d'état never takes place.
1820 – Maine becomes the 23rd U.S. state.
1848 – A revolution breaks out in Hungary. The Habsburg rulers are compelled to meet the demands of the Reform party.
2011 – Beginning of the Syrian Civil War.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the archive.

>Developement Diaries
EU4 - 14/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-march-2017.1005196/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder that the warning
>Report and ignore them.
Is already in the OP and does not need to be repeated.

2nd for based Komnenoi

dr sage and mr hide

When is Stellaris going to be /gsg/?

How do I quickly transfer a lot of vassals at once?

>norse arab empire ruled by a woman
>Aztecs invading in 1000
Now this is a believable world

You can do it by duchy if you press give lower titles.

Never.

I've only been playing with the new dlc for 5 minutes and I already found a bug. What a piece of shit.

But people were saying that once the new DLC drops there will be advanced pops...

Those people were lying to you.

w&b

>mfw t*rks try to settle Anatolia

>try

La Plata

Is HPM still updated? I was tols to com here from /r/paradoxplaza?

trob

What? I just love HPM and I made a thread that got lots of upvotes and we all wanted to know if it was still alive and I, as the most upvoted person on was elected to come here as our representative.

Now tell me, is. he. okay.?

No, HPM died in the Brazilian coup
t. HPM's momd

Jesus Christ, what'll I tell the Redditors?

>momd
hehe lmap you spelled wrong

don't bully

>This one has actually zero on topic posts
You know what to do mods

Then what is this?

Based Mexigger.
>losing cali and texas
For fucking shame.

t. steamcordplaza

How's the CK2+ beta doing?

The what?

Yes it does

in the mods MEGA archive in OP there's a ck2+_beta4.zip file which I assume is for 2.7

It's nice, I guess, but MM is also a beta.

Family Guy funny moments

What would a communist revolution in a Japan that is allied to Britain look like in 1939? This revolution is directly caused by Communist Chinese intervention.

Like fantasy

Like fucking nonsense

like hong kong

Nice borders

Like bullshit

Tell me more. Are there riots? Does China forment a civil war in Japan? Where are the power bases of communist support in the nation? How does Britain react if it also means direct confrontation with China? Keep in mind that any weakness for Britain could lead to the US and Russia getting uppity in their realms of interest.

Why were HoI4 mods removed from the OP? I know it's a shit game, but who made that decision? Does everyone agree with it, or is it going to cause a shitstorm?

Commies get purged because Japan is a motherfucking Imperial state and doesn't give a fuck

>anyone who knows the superiority of Shia is a reddit boogeyman

Why the fuck would any of this happen? Society there is too focused on the Emperor to oust him.

>8
Not bad for Mexico

That game was one wild ride.
Started as a conservative dictatorship that become an elite democracy when Santa Anna get captured like a retard in Texas. Eventually peasant unrest started the move to liberalization, but electoral shenanigans by the aristocracy/military elite drove the capitalists to topple the conservative president for a French-backed emperor.
The liberal empire went swimmingly until we got pulled out of the US sphere and the economy crashed, since Mexican industry was reliant on cheap imports from the US. This lead to conservative backlash that would prove short-lived since the US quickly re-sphered Mexico and laissez-faire economics became king again.
Around 1915, there was another huge crash, and communists toppled the monarchy. A fascist counter-coup was put down, and the revolution was spread to Central America.
In the mid-20's, as the Party was tightening its grip on Mexican society, a US-backed liberal revolt broke out in the Mexican heartland, and American troops crossed the Rio Grande. The communists were driven out, and a republic was established.

Based as fuck.

Well since the Great Depression never happened Japan never transitioned to the military hegemony and instead is a fairly stable democratic market liberal state. Japan's martial character never emerged as the main wars (Sino and Russian) never occurred due to effective foreign intervention by Britain on Japan's behalf.

Imagine 1960s Japan in the 1930s.

That won't last long tho

First of all, explain how communist China in 1939, that can barely control it's own territory has funded and armed an entire coup in Japan.

I swear, fucking HoI4 players..

m8, do you see the monthly POP growth?
Healthcare + lots of angry Europeans = industrial boom

What autistic scenario are you imagining this shit in?

Japan was under an empire and massively militaristic for a thousand years before the great depression, and have never been invaded before nukes. why would they suddenly become tibet-esque pussies?

That's all well and good, but it looks like redditmod.

What the fuck is "redditmod"?
That's HPM with the map-style of RDS

Ignore him, lad. He's a HoI4 faggot who thinks Bhutan can coup the US in 6 months.

Well China collapsed after their important 1932 elections failed to create a cohesive state. A fairly low intensity civil war between warlord states, communist supporters and the central Nanjing government waged. With great support from the Russians and safe access to their holdings in Inner Manchuria, the communists emerged successful. Now they (with their Russian allies) have successfully turned Thailand and Korea to communism and are aiming on either crippling Japan or swaying them to their side before starting a massive anti-colonialism campaign in the far east.

Still won't last long, soon the US will start stealing most immigrants

Vickymod. It's creator was a redditor who ws ousted. His mod used the RDS map mod.

>we've beat the steamcordplaza thread in post count
Now the Janny will surely delete it!

Buddy, I was pulling at least twice the immigrants the US was. I seriously don't know how, but they were getting nothing.
I had been steadily closing in on the US population wise for like 40 years.

Lad, what sort of commie fanwank is this? For what game? What the fuck are you on?

It's pretty extreme, I need to change it. I think I'll just change it to focus on the south and leave Japan and Britain for later.

That didn't answer a single one of my questions, you cunt.

I'm not your buddy, friend.

It's for your mum, she likes my left nut more than my right so we went communist.

You fucking what?

>171073765
I'm not your friend, pal

Are you retarded? Your mother isn't that bright but her kid shouldn't be this daft.

You fucking want some?

ayyyyy mates how you all doing? conquered Mecca and Medina last night, reclaiming them for the superior Sunni faith.

Pharoahs and Consuls mod is out soon for Monks and Mystics

Get hype

You looking for a tumble?

>SJW and bloat mod
"no"

I'll fucking have you.

I'll fucking wreck you.

Think you're fucking hard, do you?

Think you can handle it, do you?

Oh, I should think so, big boy.

Oh, I don't think so, laddie.

just go masturbate you frustrated autismos

thanks

Probably a good idea.

What's the best place to start learning how to play Muslims or Vikings in CK2? I know Ireland is easy-mode for Catholics, but is there any alternative for the other religions?

OMG hahAHAHAHAHhahahahAHA

>invade Teutonic Order as Russia
>annex Königsberg with previous war's coastal Livonian Order conquests
No Prussia for you Brandenburg, you'll always be a duchy

>vikings
Play Fairhair in 867 and conquer whatever you want. Vikings are easy mode

Don't bully

Guys, please....help me....

I want to enjoy CKII so much but I don't know how to get any enjoyment out of the game.

I did the tutorial like 3 times and I feel like they only tell you like 5% of the game.
Every time I do a battle I lose, even if I make sure to have like quadruple the guys as my opponent.
I don't understand any of the broader game mechanics.
I'm nowhere near the level I should be for having purchased this game in like 2014.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any other tutorials I need to read?
Please for the love of god respond. I want to be autistic and conquer India playing as an Irish count or some shit but I don't know how to do stuff like this.

Is that as far as you're planning on expanding in Arabia? Because if so those borders are awful.

Play Fairhair in 867
If you can't succeed as a viking, you're not autistic enough to play gsg

Played EU3 since it came out, is EU4 an upgrade?

What should my goal be?

Nah was going to at least take all of Hejaz natural cores, looks like shit right now but im pretty sure Spain wants to fight right now so ive got to deal with that.

Reform Norse faith, unite Scandinavia, maybe bully Scotland/England

That's easy as fuck mate. I've had Scandinavia, Finland, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and parts of France with Vassal sons in Spain 200 years in. Give him a challenge

Did you read his post?

But how do you do shit like this? It doesn't tell you how in the tutorial.

If you're retarded you should start as Charlemagne then and learn through steamrolling

Stop wasting time with the tutorial. Just play the game.
Start the game as a Norse pagan, to go the religion tab. Look for a button that says "reform faith" when you hover over it

And then what? You just click it and wait?

Read what it says. Click it when all the conditions are met.