Arctic trucks
Suburban general
Shitposting general

Other urls found in this thread:

fj.co/detail/1982-Land-Cruiser-FJ43_131
amazon.ca/Foodsaver-Advanced-Design-Vacuum-Sealer/dp/B0048BPWGY
amazon.ca/Tire-Snow-Grips-Traction-Aids/dp/B00A2XOBH8
youtube.com/watch?v=qRMucnHURjI
ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Make=20&Model=85&variant=525&SEARCH2.x=48&SEARCH2.y=8&SEARCH2=SEARCH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no more snow edition
speak for yourself :^)

You lucky bastard.

Heh

Posting from the other thread

I'm thinking about getting pic related; the problem is it's a rare and expensive car. It obviously doesn't exist here, so I would have to order it from the US, I looked around and similar models range from 20-60k, not including shipping costs.

inb4: rich arab. I'm an expat, and not very rich.
fj.co/detail/1982-Land-Cruiser-FJ43_131

Just buy a YJ.

>making a fool of myself
>burb going on about "my spacers are used as spacers not as spacers so it's ok"
Lmfao

are you yellow yj guy
but yeah what this guy said

do not buy a yj with a 2.5 though

Ah yes, I've heard of this Iceland fella before.

no that wasn't yellow yj guy,m i'm yellow yj guy

*overtakes you backwards*

>have friend with 2.5 yj
>can barely keep up on interstate with my ranger and friend's fzj80 with stock gears and 35s.
My ranger is pretty slow but at least I can break 80mph no problem.

>ford ranger
>IFS
jeep yj is still better. ;)

Maybe for straight wheeling but for long trips far away the ranger is a luxury car compared to the YJ. I don't know how he can deal.

At first I was like "20-60k?!!"
Then I saw it was a ground up repro with later model 1FZ engine/gearbox. Very neat.
Love to see the J45 LWB with a 1HD.

First for what OVERLAND/camping upgrades have you made to your rig?

I recently acquired a 1992 Ranger with the Cologne V6. It makes a whopping (((155 hp))).

I have rarely offroaded before, despite living next to a massive >100mi empty desert. Only times I have utilized it was in an AW11 for shits and giggles.

I have now come to the dilemma of buying wheels and tires for aforementioned shitbox Ranger. What do you guys recommend?

Nothing too expensive pls, I already dump all of my tire money into my SW20.

Tubbo car lmao

I have a duffel bag filled with toilet paper.

IM SO HAPPY THESE THREADS ARE CONSISTENT NOW!!!

if you dont plan on doing a suspension lift just get a one size up from stock all terrain tire
bfg ko2
goodyear duratrac
cooper st maxx
hancook dynapro
really any reputable brand is fine

hello /org/. There's a 2007 FJ for sale near me, 54k miles, one owner. They're asking $19k. Is this a good deal? I've looked at FJs before and know some of the problems to look for (I've seen upholstery and door panels that were broken and problems with the dash/head unit). One thing that has me kind of apprehensive is I have yet to get a definite answer on whether or not the FJs require premium fuel. Inside the gas cap and in the manual it says use premium, but I know they use the same engine/transmission of the tacoma(?) so shouldn't it be fine with regular gas?

Just bought a stock jeep liberty I want to use to get /out/ and potentially off road for camping. Not looking to crawl or anything.
Any recommendations for modifications to make off reading easier/smoother/faster/etc? Again, not looking to crawl.
Pic related. Did a little exploring today.

The only thing you need to do is get the right kind of tires. If your just looking to take it out on forests roads what you have is perfect.

>"THAT GIRL" med pack
>half-life Camp scout badge
>pair of glasses
Nice. But why are these on the window?

I got a jack, air compressor/tyre repair kit, winch and some sort of recovery tools (for solo travelling), and bag of spare clothes vacuum wrapped to the size of a daily newspaper.

Taynger breaks 100 when passing people all the time (160kmph). It drops down to 140 after like 5 seconds but it can still stay up there destroying fuel (and my tyres)

r-r-r-r-r-jeep master race

Camping, the pouches actually just have water bottles, toothbrushes, and other camping crap in them for easy access.
Pic of the vacuum sealed gear? That sounds like a smart idea

Tires are going to be bought very soon. Ones I have now are absolute shit. I know stock works fine on most forest roads, but I was just thinking about modifying suspension for comforts sake and for those roads that are just a bit more difficult than most easy roads. I just need to know where to start though and I have no idea (ie what part of the suspension to modify and what to leave alone). Haven't done the research yet, but will very soon.

Yeah those military surplus gears are built more rugged and much cheaper than any bag made today. I can see why you'd get those. I got those weird German surplus ones and wear those innawoods simply because I got a box of four of them (with matching pants) for $50 4 years ago.

Vacuum sealed bag. Just fold your pants, underwear, socks, and shirt neatly, place them into a FoodSaver bag, and dry them up. I have them in my toolbox at my friend's house because I was transitioning from Winter gear to Summer gear in my vehicles. So no more jackets taking up space or toe warmers or shit.

I bought this thing off a guy who was reselling his Christmas gift for $80 a year and a half ago
amazon.ca/Foodsaver-Advanced-Design-Vacuum-Sealer/dp/B0048BPWGY

Works great. Cut the bags with a lot of slack so you can "reseal" them once you cut them open. I seal in shirts with holes or socks with holes in them instead of throwing them out.

Here's more taytay.

Well shit, I spent so much time on /k/ that I ended up collecting a ton of those pouches. After a while you start finding ways to strap them to whatever you can find

I like that idea, I might just grab one of those vacuums up

My butcher uses it for wet ageing meat and storing for mid-term. The pot shoppe down the street uses it if you buy more than one ounce of weed. I use it for cigars and just general around-the-house things.

Bags are expensive as shit but they save so much space in the closet. It was helpful for my friend who lived in a condo who could shove two winter jackets into the pockets of her cargo shorts using the machine.

Why not just use a tactical vest, fill the pockets with shit, and hang that up instead? It's like having 10 pouches in a single pouch.

As for traction aid, short of a winch, a set of plastic ones is a great help. You can also get a half-boot style one like:
amazon.ca/Tire-Snow-Grips-Traction-Aids/dp/B00A2XOBH8
Or do what I do before switching to 4wd: chain your tyres with winter tyre chains. The only issue (I hear, haven't encountered them personally yet) is what you hit a giant rock or a field of rocks.

Because my 'tactical' vests are full of magazines and other shooting equipment. That and I like the fact that I can use up all my excess pouches lying about

I have a set of maxtrax that have gotten me out of some shit situations, bit have never seen those snow grips before, they're interesting. Wouldn't the snow chains break before too long? I actually just had a conversation with a bud of mine about trying that out about a week or so ago

Does anyone have experience with the Holden Jackaroo / Isuzu Trooper 2nd gen models?

It's got a 3.0L turbo diesel and 5 speed, priced quite reasonably, but I'm not sure how capable it is as an offroad vehicle; is it at least comfy on-road?

If it's the 4JX1 3.0L diesel that came out about '99-'00, avoid it like the plague. Seriously, have a google of the engine. They're quite reknown for failing injectors within 100,000km intervals, and at $600x4 (provided a failed injector doesn't take out your engine) it's not a cheap exercise.

The older 3.1L 2nd gen Jackaroos on the other hand are an absolute tank, and the 4JG2 engine that powers it Is up there in ranks with the 1HZ, TD42 and 4M4x diesels in terms of rugged reliability. They're a bit thin on the ground now though. The old 2.8TD 4JG1 Rodeos (itself a shorter stroke version of the 3.1) are also a safe bet, common as muck and cheap as chips.

Just got my first jeep, it's a ZJ. Anyone else have one and want to share any tips?

i hope you paid $500 or less for that pile

why so quick to trip

Awww yiss

Ordered this used bullbar, gonna be here next week/the week after

Wnould have eache "2wd? Implying a meatloads to beencomildilmised?

say what

Noice, I need a bullbar pretty bad

Mine won't really protect much. Its mostly for taking the small blows the few times I do something retarded, mounting a set of lights on and also makes the truck look a bit tougher

Cant find a good photo of what it might look like as its a bar meant for the pre-facelift of my model

BOI

oh shit

>that pic
where my ATF at?

>pot shoppe
Are you Dutch?

How much and why

God I miss old tops gear

>mounting a gun rack
>outside of the car

$230 + whatever the shipping from northern to eastern Norway will be
Why - Hopefully won't end up like this

stock as a rock

What are you gonna do about it?

Good for tent campers while walking around in the campground i suppose

I've heard the 4JKX1 diesel is the one to avoid like what said but the other models (diesel and gas) are beasts. I have a 3.2l and at 222 thousand miles+ and counting the engine hasn't needed any serious work besides normal maintenance

thinking of getting a bullbar to cover up the fucked front end

I had a Jeep Liberty Renegade once. I did a 2" lift (coils not pucks) and did the pinch weld mod with one size up in tires, BFG AT KOs. Upgraded the fog lights to led pods and went all kinds of places with it.

My only lamenting is towards the engine; by 189k it was giving me metal shavings in the oil. It was a good run, Liberty. You are missed.

Hey guys, can I play here?

I know it ain't much to look at, but a lift, skid plates, cargo basket, and off-road tires are in the works. In the end, it'll look like every other soft-roaded Suby.

Are you from Washington?

Still waiting for my extended brake lines to turn up, in the mean time I started mocking up some ideas for a sleeping platform in the back and storage space

It's a shame you guys didn't really get the 2.8 diesel powered KJ, as that motor should outlive the the Jeep. Similar engine to the "Duramax" GM labelled in the Colorado.
I was contemplating buying a diesel KJ for a while before settling on the 4th gen Montero, as the rear cargo space didn't quite end up being big enough for our use.

taco?

Its for when they were driving on the north pole. Noone is gonna steal it there, and they needed it to shoot at polar bears.

if crownon is giving you shit about where you place your gunrack you definitely want to think about relocating
he's a born bred red

what this guy said. we got a bunch here in CO.

Buying a 2010 Raptor from my dad, anything I should know about those things? How do they handle actual offroading?

Never heard of anything that is very problematic with them, they are great trucks. And yeah offroad worthy for sure, really fun out in the desert, a buddy of mine owns one and he loves it.

Yes

user who was looking to get a Pajero here, after a few days of hunting around car lots and gumtree ads to no avail, I stumbled across this and got it instead, Came with muddies, 3 inch lift, ARB bullbar and a drawer system in the back, virtually all I wanted in a camping, offroadan' 4WD for the price range I was in. Fuck these things chew through Petrol, thank god it's dual fuel.

SO LIFT IT
LOCK IT
GEAR IT
RACK IT
BUMP IT

GET NEW TIRES YOU FUCKING FAGGGGGGGGOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

that is a fucking sick 105 my man
super jelly
bost more bics bls

Don't be too jelly, it has 378k on the clock and needs some shit fixed ASAP.

Took it for a quick spin out in the scrub this morning after work as I only got it home last night.

If I knew offroadan' was this much fun I would have bought a forbie years ago.

And thanks, didn't take many pics though, was more invested in getting dashcam footage for the most part.

Is getting an old used land rover a good idea?

I don't see why not but then I'm no rover expert.

sure
what year?
how much?

Has anyone had experience with LPG injection on a diesel of any kind?

It seems like an easy way to get more power and reduce diesel usage.

just got it on the road today, I'll post pics next weekend

So you're a namefag, diesel know it all?
Why?
What's your purpose, other than giving out way too much information on every single diesel engine ever made?
Do you think that makes you cool? It doesn't, I have the cool scale right here.
Are you retarded?
Don't be so quick, I know the answer to the last question.

>So you're a namefag, diesel know it all?
In regards to off road industrial and Japanese light diesels, somewhat.
>Why?
I like diesels.
>What's your purpose, other than giving out way too much information on every single diesel engine ever made?
I like helping others with what ever it is I do know about diesels.
>Do you think that makes you cool?
No.
>Are you retarded?
No. Autistic=/=Retarded.
Happy to help ;)

Forgot to namefag lol.
Good stuff, what did it set you back in the end? The few grands worth of fruit always helps.

Drove up a mountain a couple weeks ago. What is the real purpose of airing down? do the wheels stretch to give you more traction or is it some kind of compression thing so you don't blow a tire when you hit a wicked hole?

Try it once at 20psi then again at 10psi. Once you compare 10psi to 30, you can see that in some instances, it'd be more beneficial to have aired down tyres than lockers

It makes the tire's contact patch larger.

It also makes the ride a lot smoother. When I take my Ranger out I always air down purely because if I don't I get shaken to death.

>It also makes the ride a lot smoother.
I'll have to remember that next time, corrugated dirt roads really rattle my bones.

Airing down helps a LOT. As the other user said, contact patch. It gets better the larger tires you have.

youtube.com/watch?v=qRMucnHURjI

>=/=
>equal to/equal to

Only 10k drive away, going to get the mechanics to really go over everything this week and see whats up.

Post randy

>I'm not the only foz nigger
Neat.

Needs moar bull bar
ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Make=20&Model=85&variant=525&SEARCH2.x=48&SEARCH2.y=8&SEARCH2=SEARCH