Noob? Git gud
ebin webms with sound:
old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

advrider.com/index.php?threads/klrsys-build.797568/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GS

#
go through the damn pyrenees, sure it's out of the way and into France, but fucking do it, it's summer there.

also, go to mandello and check out the guzzi factory plus the amazing mountain roads.

also, go to lecco and see the beautiful lake.

as an italifag, hmu for any info you need. I go there nearly once a year.

I don't bike often, but when I do I make sure it's a trikeception.

dbt-map.herokuapp.com/

What was /dbt/'s first Motorcycle experience.
Mine was my dad showing some 20-somethings's how to do a burnout in front of our house when I was 3-5 years old.

7th for all Japanese bikes after the 90s look shit

How do these things not wheelie everywhere? There's like no weight on the front.

TFW no qt catsuit moto gf

3 years old, springtime. Dad is taking his late 70s 2smoke 250 road bike out of winter storage, cleaning carbs etc
Sits me on the tank, goes on test ride through town with me.
Repeat annually. Good times.

Hey nerd, I'm heading out to scare some kids. Wanna come?

sitting on dad's guzzi in the garage and finally getting to pillion before he sold and went for a vespa.

so fucking amazing, that bike was beautiful.

You forgot the spiel

How do I keep from getting a runny nose from highway riding when it's chilly

Had some piece of shit canadian tire dirtbike my parents bought for me when I was like 11. Pretty sure it was $700 brand new.

Had no clutch and struggled to go up hills but I loved it anyways.

Always nice to meet fellow skellingtons, m'lady.
Good luck trying to keep up on the tooj using that fat piece of cruiser shit though.

no, because I want to take roads that aren't straight over 2mph

cocaine

earplugs up your nostrils

balaclavas are really useful, also wear a scarf and jacket. I usually find my nose runs all watery when I'm getting a lot of airflow through the gap in front of my chin on my helmet, so just try and close that up with clothing or those special products for it.

Trying out a school friend's East German shifter moped on a dirt road and planting it in a bush. No one in my family has ever been involved in motorcycling so that's the earliest thing I have that involves more than just seeing bikes from a distance.

>supports my argument

So basically the first bike to get is an older UJM that's been manufactured for decades?

No, get a GS 500.

Get whatever you like and is a good deal with not too much power. Most people end up selling their first bike within 6 months anywyas.

>selling my rs 125
>6 months

lolno I owned 2

get a great first bike itll last you a bit

Yeah, but isn't the entire point of a first bike to find out what you actually like? I mean, you can tell yourself that you like bobbers long before you ever sit on a bike for the first time, but it doesn't mean that you'll like bobbers once you actually ride one.

The entire point of a first bike is to be something that anyone regardless of preference can learn the basics of riding and motorcycle ergonomics on so that you have a baseline to compare any other bikes to in order to find out what you like.

yes, obviously if you can tell yourself you don't like bobbers than that's not what you like so don't get one.

>something that anyone regardless of preference can learn the basics of riding and motorcycle ergonomics on so that you have a baseline to compare any other bikes to in order to find out what you like
So a UJM?

No, like a Hayabusa.

While a UJM would fulfill your needs in that regard, most of them are pretty old and as such tend to require more work than, say a 10-15 (or even 20) year old standard like the GS 500, or better, the ER-5 or CB 500. As a result you would end up having to wrench more on the bike than actually riding it, which really isn't what your first bike should be about.

Yeah, but didn't they manufacture some of them until recently? And aren't some of them actually being revived these days?

Probably yeah.

I got a KLR650 as a first bike now I'm more confused as to what I want even more. Do I want a faster bike? A bike better off road? Do I want an upgraded KLR? Do I want a KLR competitor? Am I sexually attracted to men or women more? Do I own one general purpose bike or multiple bikes?

Did I do good Veeky Forums?

What bars do you use and do you like them? I have a dr650 an am looking to get new bars but there are just so many options its annoying

Honestly, if it's already had the usual shit taken care of it should be as reliable as most modern bikes unless there were serious design flaws.

I wouldn't have a problem buying a restored 70s bike.

There are bikes even better offroad than a KLR? Or are the others just as good offroad and simply more powerful?

>actually buying a memecycle

lol

>not getting a memigale

pleb

>aren't straight

/dbt/ in a nutshell

>not a meme-tier rice rocket
yeah. How many shekels was that anyways?

Enjoy your dealer bills :^)

10 grand total. 2013 with 2300 miles.

Oh silly you, why take an out of warranty vehicle to there stealership when you can do it yourself?

>literally only buys gs500s and sv650s

How does it feel to be a poor Fag cuck that gets btfo by 18 year olds with eBay special civics?

inb4 pics of this bike with a post like

"Fuck it broke again, already in $500 on fixing this piece of shit. i could have bought ten hondasakis for that money"

Guess I'll get one of those neck and face mask/half balaclava things then, I wasn't sure if it would help.

A shitton of bikes are better off-road than the KLR from marginally better (DR650) to moderately better (WR250).

Choice paralysis, I don't know what I want I just know the KLR is lacking somehow in what I want.

Also I cannot stand for unreliable or maintence intensive bikes so I'm strictly a Jap bike guy.

A powerful KLR would be ideal but even with expensive mods, its still not enough. Would an African Twin satisfy? Or is it too big and should I set my expectations lower to a smaller bore dual sport?

Yeah besides the innuendo I'm not real sure since every bike is a compromise.

I just know I don't want a cruiser because e I'm not hard gay and don't want a sportbike because its uncomfortable to ride and they are high strung and unreliable.

sounds like you want a scrambler. Light offroad capability with power for the street. Okayish seat position, still fairly nimble.

Why would he want a crippled adventure bike from 1950 instead of a double nigger or a wee strom?

get a scrambler desert sled. it honestly sounds like this is the bike you want.

if more adventure-y, get a 90s 650cc Africa Twin. the v-strom sounds too heavy for what you want to do

>able to save $500/month more after uninsuring my car
wew lad, i love bikes

cause there are more than 4 major manufactures producing these bikes with modern technology and performance.

Actually like scrambler style bikes. Only type I know are actual hipster mods or Ducatis but Ill look around.

Looks like a fun bike.

>$500 per month car insurance bill

You're gonna die.

Car insurance bill is like 200 a month, then I'd have to get new tires, fix my rim, extra gas, parking, etc.

Decided it's not worth it, I'd just use it for the winter and DD my bike for the rest of the year.

>200 a month

jesus fuck where do you live?

I have liability on 1 car, my bike, and full on my 2016 car and mine is only $1100 a year

The fuck? my motorcycle insurance is 12$ a year for a klr650. Auto insurance is $280 a year.
You may need to shop around.

Canada, BC. Our insurance here is a racket.

$22/month here in Saskatchewan if nobody is really paying attention.

Yeah insurance here is just another way to tax you. All ran by the government so there's only 1 company.

Was supposed to be high rates for a period of time to build up a disaster relief fund, but the disaster relief fund got raided by the provincial government for billions so they could balance their budget.

Are poorfag aprilias any good?

>>Saskatchewan

Hey fuck you dude, I invested in a Potash company headquartered there and your shithole friends in the local government somehow taxed me out of $1440 from my dividends that rightfully belonged to me, even though I am not even Canadian.

You fucking enable that shit, by your inaction coward. Fuck you I hope they spend that money to build a speed bump on your commute you immoral mother fucker.

Cunt.

They are made out of solid lead and weigh about 100lbs more than they need to for what they are. How they made a naked bike weigh so much I'll never know...

Fuck Colorado.
Fuck this ever changing weather.
I leave, it's sunny out.
I go hang with a friend, we decide to get some food.
Fucking snowing.
I can't feel my nuts...

bro: advrider.com/index.php?threads/klrsys-build.797568/

but I can...

>not horrendously slow for one practice session
>bike immediately breaks
Can't something go right just once

there is no way in America full coverage is $280 a year for a brand new vehicle

Experienced the wonders of that a few years back while visiting my little brother in Fountain CO. Swung something like 90 degrees over the course of the day, from the low 80s to the 20s with blowing snow and then back up to the 50s. Oh yeah, and four people got struck by lighting, in the snow. Fuck mountains.

Insurance is the same in Saskatchewan, theres only 1 agency and it's SGI, run by the Sask government.

Downside, motorcycle license costs $1500 to get ($500 every year for 3 years)

Upside, if somethings older than 30 years old its exempt from inspection, ever and only costs $22/m in insurance.

I now collect neck tubes off pre-1987 bikes for their delicious, delicious $22 vins.

Go for it.
But your hands have to at least be warm.

Just spend another $300 for a used Tuono from the same year tbqh

Fucks up your ass? I don't deal with potash, or local government, or most of Saskatchewan, I run for the Alberta border to buy shit/ride etc because theres no PST.

Hey, right where I am. Sorta.
I thought I knew changing weather from other states, but this changes the games.

Just sack up and get a big V-Twin V-Strom.

We don't have inspections here, but my insurance is about $140/month for my liter.

Brand new? Its a 20 year old shitbox I insure at state minimum so you mite b rite.

>2007 Tuono weighs 40lb less than the 2007 Shiver
>has 45 hp more, shitload more torque, and a bigger engine
what did they mean by this????

You're the only asshole from Saskatchewan I ever met so you gotta make this right, pal.

That's neato I wish I didn't have to fabricate one myself and could just buy one off Craigslist.

I live in the Springs and feel your feels.

You never know if it will snow or hail or have a 120mph gusting wind storm here.

Iktf

forward controls + two big hams

where at? denverfag here, spent most of the morning getting my bike back together cause it seemed nice out, then as soon as i helmet up for a quick ride it starts wet snowing. fugg.

tru

arvada here.

you new here? this happens every year man.

Brother brought home some kind of sport bikenwhen I was 8.

Took me for a ride, never caught the motobug untill a year ago.

Now im looking for KLR or a DR to add tot he stable.

my dad had them before i was born. so i have been around them my whole life.

this was his YZF1000R.

Yeah.
Only since last november.

Springs.
Sorta the same for me.
Rode to work, a tiny bit chilly, but nice.
Get off work, bored, and I just got everything legal. Seems like it might not be great but fuckit, I need to ride.
Turns to absolute shit.
But it did help me realise I need to work on my bike. The acceleration is a little off.

>Yeah.
>Only since last november.

well get use to it. we have another month of maybe random snow storms.

I still see cars from last summer's hail every now and then.
That's really my biggest worry.
I just need to keep some cold weather gear on me. Waffle top and bottom don't take too much room, prolly gonna throw that in the backpack.

Ugh you're not an armyfag are you?

And.
Not like I'm doing anything to you.
Hell, I don't even do anything for the Army, they got me on Peterson.

>6' 220lbs
>want fz-07
I should kill myself on a busa instead

ZX14