> Hot Hatch from GM
> Direct-injected 427 or 454 from GM
> 5.0/5.2 twin turbo from Ford

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDu9HpPD8VY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you even trying?

It's another "I don't understand anything about the car market" episode

Why would FCA discontinue what makes them money?

> MR roadster
> Another AWD anything comparable to WRX
> AWD 392 Hemi Challenger

>86 discountinued
Don't worry. It's just a matter of time.

>390Z
Not happening. Nissan has publicly stated that they're prioritizing other faggotry.

>Dodge Charger/300, Challenger platform discountinued
Why would this happen? Boomers and n*ggers keep buying them.

It's a great seller no doubt. But it's 2.5 ton single digit MPG city, maybe 20 MPG hwy landbarge. The last of its kind - it will not pass fuel efficiency or safety standards in a few years.

*Maybe they retool and go all aluminum or some bullshit, shave half a ton, and make these til the 2030s.

>another retarded undercover /pol/ thread
fuck off racists

>Mitsubishi going out of business
>Awd 4cyl turbo sports car from Toyota

That's all I got.

Bitchez!!

Honda would capture a huge market from subaru if they put the AWD from the Acura TLX into an Accord. Not that fake ass AWD they put into the CRV's and shit

The Giulia from one one their parent company brands has a V6TT sedan that makes more power, is faster, better MPG, and weighs less than a 392.

It hits all the Charger/Challenger price points in cheaper models too.

Discontinue Civic/Accord coupes and revive the Prelude.

1.) An actual production mid engine Corvette so they can compete with ford gt (and fail likely)
2.) Supra revival
3.) Pontiac solstice and G8 GXP prices to come down
4.) Mazda to even seem like they're trying to compete in the hp race
5.) Mercedes to build cars to incredibly high standards like before and reestablishing the marque, then go a decade glueing them together again and rake profits from idiots (again)

Boyracer: the post

This. When is Honda gonna stop fucking around
>turbo
>AWD
>Honda
>VTAAAK
ALL THE PIECES ARE THERE JUST DO IT

Why do all that when they can just lie about emissions and make borderline fraudulent fuel economy ratings? They already do and so does pretty much everyone else. It's like steroids in professional sports. C'mon just try it I'll bet you'll love it, nah man don't tell the EPA I thought you were a bro not a snitch, weak dude, weak.

>China flooding the market with literal clones of classic drivers cars

Oh and reminding me of another...
6.) Honda to finally make a rwd accord coupe

It needs to be the SH AWD. That amazing AWD platform is arguably better than Subaru's. But Honda refuses to use it for anything other than TLX's and their Acura SUV's and shit. The CRV's have this garbage ass clutch differential that fails when it overheats because it literally generates no torque, then quits

Toyota to keep pretending to make a Supra replacement and then at next auto show unveil a 2000GT revival and shock everyone

Why would Nissan make a 390z?
Even if they were to go with a larger engine, why a 3.9 liter?
If Nissan wants to release another fairlady it should, and probably would be another 300.
A major complaint is that the 350 and 370 are so large, and with fuel and emissions standards you're going to be seeing turbos and or smaller engines.
If they made a good looking 300z with an inline six that weighed under 3200lbs and came in manual, I would heavily consider buying one.

If they make the engine smaller it will sound really fucking gay. I say go full retard and do 450Z. Time for those slopes to make a proper muscle car.

did you even read his post?

Yes. I regret nothing.

Yes the trend is downsizing.

It won't be I6, probably a tuned up version of the 300hp 3.0 TTV6 in Infiniti models.

The last line was just me daydreaming.
I can't stand V6's.
They're shit to work on and generally sound worse than an inline 6.
Their advantages don't even show in a sports car application, you have no idea how devastated I was when he R35 was a v6.
I understand the R&D costs of a new inline 6 from nissan wouldn't make sense for a mid range sports car, but a nigga can dream.

>5.0/5.2 twin turbo from Ford

wont happen because it would hurt shelby

lol 2/10 half-assed bait thread.

LMFAO!!!

fapfapfap

>86 discontinued
This is honestly my dream car, drove it last year and loved every second of it. But I don't graduate from college for another year or two and I want to buy one new. I would be really sad if it was discontinued before then.

>inb4 you're a cuck
Fuck off, I love the car. Sorry you're poor.

>Fake-ass awd in the CRV

You mean 4WD? You realize there is a difference between 4WD and AWD?

> Dodge Charger/300, Challenger platform discountinued

Wow its as if you're actually retarded.

Thanks for the bait.

GM made a turbo 4 roadster. It was the Kappa platform. In Europe they also had whatever the Opel Speedster platform was too.

>all this American shit
Where is my Mondeo RS

>Sorry you're poor
This is such a lazy defense for the 86. A fucking server at Chili's can finance a $25k car.

A homeless person can finance too. However, they can't afford it. If the car is worth more than a third of your salary. You can't afford it.

The difference between 4WD and AWD:
4WD is a part-time system
4WD has a transfer case (not a center differential)
CRV: does not have a transfer case
Therefore: CRV is not 4WD
QED

>A homeless person can finance too
Wouldn't be surprised. I got my $10,000 loan without proof of income.

>If the car is worth more than a third of your salary. You can't afford it.
Lmao. So you're saying you must make at least $75k/yr to afford a Toyota 86? Where did you find this rule? Some article you read?

Listen. If it fits into your personal budget, you can afford it. Period.

That's not smart, AT ALL. You think it's smart to finance a car for 10 years? No it's not, you can't afford it. Take an accounting class and you learn budgeting real quick and what you can and can't not afford. The general rule has always been 1/3 of your salary OR can finance in 3 years or a MAX of 5 years though that's pushing it. You severely lack a sense of money.

Isnt pic related habbening?

What is that? A Malibu hatch? Looks like it's gonna suck.

>You think it's smart to finance a car for 10 years?
Do you not know what a down payment is? Jeezus.

>Take an accounting class
I did you stupid fuck. Barely showed up and still managed to pull an A in financial and a B in managerial.

>You severely lack a sense of money
Lol. Wtf does this even mean?

>Turbo 4 roadster from Ford/GM
I unironically want to see something like this
it's not really an American thing though, needs at least a V6

Its a Cruze RS hatch, and IIRC, it is coming to Trumpistan.

>Barely showed up
So you didn't learn budgeting. Makes sense why your asking "wtf does this even mean?".

Please learn some fiscal sense. I have seen a multiple people file for bankruptcy because they have financial smarts similar to yours. Buying things they simply can't afford, like cars and houses.

Also IIRC it will come with a CVT, which means it will inevitably suck

>thinks budgeting is some elusive skill only taught by college professors
My god you try sooo hard to sound smarter than you really are. Pathetic. You have no idea what I can and can't afford, so don't project the misfortune of your loser friends onto me. K, thanks.

It seems a college professor really does need to teach you. One of 2 things will happen to you if you continue like this. Bankruptcy, or retire with next to no money. I wish you the best of luck.

>It seems a college professor really does need to teach you
What exactly? That countless people finance a car worth more than 1/3 of their income, somehow manage to pay all their bills just fine, and still have money left over to do fun things?

>I wish you the best of luck
No you don't. You're just wanking to your self-proclaimed wisdom.

As I said, best of luck.

Nice blog user.

Wait! You don't have any more rules to regurgitate from your accounting textbook? What was that one about reporting income only when it is earned... Oh never mind :-)

Ah! And enjoy being BTFO.

A 6sp Manuel is an option though.

And the RS isn't going to be the "hothatch" one.

The SS will be.

You're pretty retarded mate. Anything can fit in your personal budget if you want it to. Doesn't mean you can afford it.

Electric roadster with a decent amount of power and range meant for the track. Fucking acceleration in a straight line is stupid waste of electric performance car possibilities

Speed academy did a video on a shop building a Tesla drive train in an evora.

I doubt that GM would continue an Opel platform. They just got rid of the entire R&D that went into that car.

>Electric roadster with a decent amount of range
impossible unless you consider a 2t monster still a roadster. The electric SLS has a range 15 minutes on a track and batteries have not improved one bit since then.

okay maybe roadster isn't the right word, but something more GT but handles well? idk

heres the vid youtube.com/watch?v=WDu9HpPD8VY

Tell me... What exactly is your definition of affording something?

For a car, being able to make enough for the down payment in only 2-3 months where you will get a monthly rate of less than $400 for 60 months. And the down payment can not break the bank.

Dude. It's not that hard to get a monthly payment of like $200/mo. Just save for a big down payment. Are you retarded?

Why do you have to make the down payment in 2-3 months? That's pretty autistic.

That's called affording. It's not autistic holy shit. You have a pretty shitty habits it seems. The other guy couldn't convince your nor could I.

No. Affording a car is simply being able to make the payments and still meet all your other financial obligations and basic needs. You're over complicating it.

So if I make $1000 a week. And my expenses are $600 and car payment is $400 a week, leaving me nothing. Is that car affordable? By your definition it is because I still met my other financial obligations.

>> Turbo 4 roadster from Ford/GM
Agreed, GM should bring the Kappa back, and Ford should stick the 2.3 Ecoboost into something F U N.
>> Dodge Charger/300, Challenger platform discountinued
They're moving to the Giulia platform in 2020/2021.
>> Direct-injected 427 or 454 from GM
The LS7 will eventually get the LT treatment. If not, you can already stroke the LT1 to about that size.
>> 5.0/5.2 twin turbo from Ford
GT500 soon stalker.

No, because having zero financial buffer obviously doesn't meet your basic needs. You're being a smartass.

Here's what they're doing in 2020:
>Move the Challenger/Charger/300 to a stretched Giulia platform
>Add V8

Here's what they should do
>Same as above
>Add aluminium block, cam-in-cam VVT, direct injection to the Hemi. Suddenly, the 6.4 can make as much power n/a as that V6TT.
>Add ~757 hp Hellcat engine to Giulia, making the Giulia SS

That's what I'm trying to tell you. After the payment, you still need to have a *majority* of your money remaining. That's I gave you the 2-3 months and $400 for 5 years figure, because that allows you a good buffer. Anything more and the buffer is unfeasible. Increasing the length of the payments also isn't good because you will be paying significantly more than the car is worth.

>Inline six
It's like you want a bad CoG.

Speedster was just an Elise though.

A corvette faster than the GTR around the ring

You're overthinking it. If you can make the payments and still enjoy a reasonable quality of life, you can afford the damn car. Creating some worst-possible-case scenario where I have zero left in the bank after my expenses is retarded. A financial buffer is implied.

You're also completely ignoring the possibility of saving for a larger down payment so you don't have to pay $400/mo and drag out the loan for 60 months.

This

Saving only 2-3 months for a down payment is stupid bullshit

GM just sold Opel, no Astra VXR/OPC for America.

>86 gets an STI/GT-Four treatment (i.e. turbo and AWD)

Hot hatch Hyundai i20, they have a rally team ffs.

That's a vw golf, son.

I can't tell if you're memeing or stupid.

>actually knowing something on Veeky Forums and not just using aggressive phrasing to try and make yourself sound right
You must be new here.

>when you bae let you push the foreign

What the fuck does this even mean?

>get a gf
>lose virginity
>feel happy again

When yo[ur] [significant other] let[s] you [drive] the [non-domestic automobile]

So, considering that this female is most likely American, as females from every other country wouldn't be this bad at forming a sentence, the fact that she doesn't know that Cadillac is an American, therefore domestic brand is thusly further evidence of her stupidity, on a comedic level.

Nigga they would call it the Shelby GT500

It's 10+ year old platform built on an even older 20+ yo retired Mercedes Benz chassis.

Thats not affording it senpai.

You sound fucking retarded. So everyone making $100,000 should settle for an Accord or at besy a base Mustang GT?

Maybe you meant a 1/3 your monthly income? A Walmart cart boy, or a car wash attendant, or a 16yo hostess at a restraunt - ANYBODY making at least minimum wage could afford a $25k GT86 financed for 5 years.

That... is a fucking great pic.

It's not smart if all you care about is money, I happen to care more about driving than money and put most of my money towards enhancing my driving experience. Would it be smarter for me to be miserable

The turbo is imposibru because the exhuast plumbing is already barely wedges in, the AWD is really out of the question because the whole front of the car is a cluster fuck - no space for drivetrain.

>Brad, 25, entry level gig making $15hr /30k yr - takes home $2000 /m
>Rents $600 /m shitty efficiency apartment
>Spends $500 /m on utilities, groceries, protein powder, Axe body spray
> $300 /m gas and insurance
> $500 /m 2017 Mustang GT financed for 84 months and Brad's $1000 tax return as down payment
> $100 left over for weed and to take Veeky Forums's bitch to Applebee's.

>ferd/mazda relationship rekindled to stick a single-rotor range extender into a pigfat fiesta EV
>rotary Ecoboost moostang

MEANWHILE:
> Veeky Forumstist, 34, IT gig making $45hr /90k yr - takes home $6000 /m
>Mortgaged $1200 /m new house so hopefully mom will move in when dad dies of AIDS.
>Spends $1000/m on utilities, Taco Bell, Japanese gift boxes, hentai
> $300 /m gas and insurance
> $500 1986 Honda Civic with over 200k miles
> $3000 /m goes straight to retirement fund because you know anything could happen and you really just have to be responsible

>Hellcat Wagon

Hnnnnngggg

A RWD Lincoln sedan and coupe.
Also a turbo version of the 86

The 2 ton Mustang should absolutely have a Lincoln sedan clone

It actually needs one. The Mustang is currently on a path to extinction because it shares so little with anything else Ford makes. It's basically become Ford's Corvette and historically Ford despises one-off's and kills them the instant the model shows any market weakness.