/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FI0kqCOk-hE
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-undub-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.463642
artsvision.co.jp/talent/733/
strawpoll.me/12535463
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

UNDUB: youtube.com/watch?v=FI0kqCOk-hE
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-undub-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.463642
Currently working out some of the kinks, but mostly works fine.

>go to 'throw' Master Sword
>flings energy disks
Shit son, that's awesome

What did everything think about the voice acting? At first I was like, lemme turn off those subtitles senpai, but then the music starting drowning them out. Ye...

Who /100%/ here?

I think I hated them so much that I modded them to japanese.

There's no way you found all 900 blind, walkthrough fag. Only real men like me truly savour the challenge of completing the game on their own. I expect my 100% game will finish late this year.

MIPHAS STATUE HAS A PANTIE AND ASS VIEW

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

That statue is the work of gods.

Only at full health.

Can I get russian va with english subs via this method or only jap?

Yep, I didn't find them all blind.

not you

>tfw first time visiting eventide island

Link is the best vai (male)

>final boss is kinda shit

Well... The adventure was awesome at least, Rito aside

What's you're response?

Only voices I can say I really didn't have any issues with were Yunobo, Daruk and Urbosa. Most everyone else ranged from slightly inconsistent to complete shit.
Also, whoever it was that decided to get American voice actors to fake English accents instead of just using English voice actors needs to be fired.

Huh?

You know these totally random freezes sometimes? Not the frame drops.
I noticed, they actually happen only while fighting Moblins. This is definitely a programming error and should be easily fixable.
We know anything from Nintendo yet?

Is he right?

If she was in smash, would she be in her casual wear, her royal dress or her goddess outfit?
She'd still cast oot spells either way.

you'st*

"you too"

life-life texture ;_;

I never asked for this...

Who cares? The durability will only limit you to some degree at the beginning of the game and forces you basically to learn its mechanics.
Sneaking, dropping lanterns on bomb barrels, etc.
Later, it's totally negligible. You'll be throwing weapons a ways all the time.

I would agree in some cases, but Zelda as a series has established game play elements and goals, so the addition of mechanics that could theoretically "hinder" the goals that are typical to the series.

I think deducting points is fair if you feel the survival mechanics are a detriment to the core Zelda experience, similarly you could give a lower score to a Resident Evil game if it put in new elements that took away from its horror design, even if the desc ions were intentional.

Quote fail.

I have indeed encountered only one freeze and it was when shooting an arrow at a moblin.

Her final smash would be bitching a fuck ton.

I've had a couple moblins fall through the floor, even. It seems headshots on moblins make them freak the fuck out.

Dragons are the coolest shit ever.
>create wind fields around their bodies with occasional updrafts that allow you to paraglide at sanic speeds like them
>putting your paraglider away and taking it back out replenishes your stamina
>the wind takes you close enough to the head to snipe the horn but not close enough to get hit by their elemental orbs unless you push that way
>best song in the OST
>make regular sweeps over dramatic areas for incredible moments

>If she was in smash, would she be in her casual wear, her royal dress or her goddess outfit?
Casual wear + 5 lazy palette swaps of her casual wear.

Don't be silly, it will be BotW light arrows.
smashes are never allowed to change no matter how much their design does.

Her final smash would be killing everyone on her own team.

Yeah, someone sent me a webm from /v/ that was just a montage of those freezes in fact. It's any sort of special or critical hit on a moblin including the killing blow that does it seemingly, since most of these cause the moblin to briefly ragdoll I suspect it's an error with the moblin's model that causes the renderer to lose its shit when calculating its physics (like maybe a part with two many polys or two bones in the same place or something).

>best song
That's not tarrey town.

Where do you get the medals for killing the overworld bosses?
I'm pretty sure I've killed all 4 of the Molduga

*like-like

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Kilton does, I think. Is there a Molduga medal? I thought it was Hinox, Talus and Stalhinox.

>tfw I've been marking on the map where minibosses are but not marking if I've beat them or not

Yeah, just use the russian files instead of the JP files. Get them from the EU version.

Shield eating texture?

I actually genuinely hate tarrey town's song. I love everything else about the village.

No.

I will also use RE as an example and say that if you're a fan of the series because, say, you love survival horror and now RE4 is more geared towards action horror, lowering the score because it's not what you want from an established IP is legit. Otherwise you're basically saying that reviewers have no right to say "no, I don't want this" based on personal taste. Also, determining the developer's intent is not always possible and whether they failed at their intentions or not is subjective.

Thanks.
>Is there a Molduga medal?
No idea. I just assumed there was.

>Climbing labyrinth wall
>It starts raining
>This ends me up infront of the guardian
Those things ain't shit when you can cut their legs up like that, destroyed any fear I had for them

could you post the webm? I wanted to share with a friend how bad the freezing can get

Assuming both are fully-enhanced, which is better between the Barbarian set and the Ancient set+ancient weapons?

I don't think you need to like or hate them to objectively say whether you think they work well or not. I feel that they are flawed and that it could easily be remedied by allowing players to fix their weapons in exchange for items such as ores or by paying with rupees. That small fix would make weapon durability a non-issue while still allowing people to experiment a lot with other weapons, since they'd have to swap out when their favourite weapons were close to breaking anyway.

underrated as fuck

But it doesn't happen when I headshot them and they ragdoll, I think it's specifically from hitting them with things when they ragdoll.

There's a molduga medal. There's only 4 molduga to beat so it's easy, only one I have so far. 40 hinoxes and 40 taluses, dunno if igneo taluses for instance count or only stones, or if stalnoxes count for hinoxes.

I didn't save it, sorry.

this guy gets it

durability systems only work with a means for repair, even when the intent is to make players use a lot of different things.

Royal dress with with casual/goddess alt

>yfw finding out you can cut of guardian legs

Am I seeing things or there is a daramani sculpture in goron city?

I would have liked something like that, even if only for perfect rolls.
I'm sitting on a 100 attack Lynel Sword and don't want to use it since it will break.

I generally just use my lowest stat stuff until I run out and am forced to use better stuff. It's slowly causing a power creep up to higher level weapons.
My best is a 56 damage royal claymore or something. I'm keeping that at my house for now.

Wanted to make all my displays in the house with Lynel shields/bows/weapons.
Just now noticed that I can't get the older two shields and bows anymore.
Oh boy, I fucked up. I'll have to come up with something else.

I'm doing exactly the same.

....You have a house?

what the fuck I've spent 50 hrs in game and didn't know that

Can the Hylian Shield have modifiers as well?

I missed you last thread.

Be careful doing that, some user reported that if you hang up equipment it will lose its modifier

At what time can you fight a Stalnox? It's 10pm and it's not coming alive.

After midnight.

I've heard it can, but I got mine early-game before the game had started adding modifiers to gear so I ended up with nothing.

How big is that attack up bonus on the Barbarian armor?

I posted last thread, don't scare me like that

Now tell me where I can find the helmet for the rubber set

You can basically keep three spare bows, shields, and weapons in there.

RIJU-SAMA IS CUTE
THE CUTEST GERUDO

Well, I'm at 119 shrines and I don't have it yet so I might try resetting it to see what happens once I get there.
Do we know what the highest +defense modifier a shield can have is?

If you ever wondered what Link would sound like if he had a speaking role, listen to this.

artsvision.co.jp/talent/733/

1 per part

>The Diamond Circlet basement
That was really fun

There's a modifier for Durability and one for Great Durability, at least from what I've seen for shields

Am I the only one who somehow found a 2 hand simple Katana?

>tfw figured out a way to get off the plateau without paraglider

There's also Shield Guard Up, but I don't know what the maximum for that is. Highest I have is +19 on a Savage Lynel shield, making it 81.

How?

Yeah, I don't think mine had modifiers. Except my lynel bow, but they all get 3x and 5x arrows, right?

Anyone know where to get a great thundersword? That would complete my set.

It's in hateno village. Talk to bolson. You'll get the tarry town quest there too which is a pretty big one.

How? That would cut down on speedrunning. I've theorised that stasising a boulder and then climbing on it and flying off the plateau that way might work.

You will need that for a quest, so don't break it.

>great thundersword
Stalnox, Coliseum.

I heard having the full set gives a 50% damage bonus

Ancient Profiency is 80%

I'll get a video

Thanks. I was going to be near the coliseum soon anyway.

Thanks.

>You will need that for a quest, so don't break it.
Yeah nice advise 40 hours after it broke

strawpoll.me/12535463
repostin

Tell me where the other two parts are first

there's a sidequest at a stable, I forget which one. You can recognize it by the axe on top, which is what the quest is about. Talk to the saddle girl.

Cute!

Lakeside Stable.

Anyone?

How do I get this shrine? It's my last one.

West of the castle in a place which in spanish is called "Meseta del Trueno" the area before Tabanta

The other one by "Monte Faroria" next to "Lago Raloc", you'll see Kass and he gives you a quest for it

Does everyone forget that you can just fast travel out after grabbing the circlet?

wrong pillar

Got any shrine quests?

I realized I could
But I wanted to do it

12 o bong and a bit, make fire on top of it