Conan Exiles General - /ceg/

Conan Exiles Thread #7

Thread needs more NEETs to stay alive during business hours edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/
Patch notes log - steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/142261352660363713/?ctp=2

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride. Upcoming features include trebuchets, a dye system, taming animals, a more in depth thrall system, and dark sorcery.

>Unofficial Premium Veeky Forums Servers

PvP server 3x harvest/kill xp 10x crafting/gathering xp:
45.35.132.62:38715
(Veeky Forums comfy server)
Bellas Comfortable 2x Server:
208.167.251.87:24030
>Official Veeky Forums server that no one uses
Officlal PvP #185 vanilla rates

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect

>Helpful hint of the day
Bump the thread to keep it from 404ing.

>Discord:
discord.gg/wJGbGde

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cegeneral

Helpful map of the land with landmarks:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fconanexiles.ginfo.gg%2F%23c%3D-58%3B-17%3B3

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/xel5C
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thready reminder not to make shitboxes. Real bases have curves!

bump

>this general cant stay alive but h-game generals do

speaking of real bases, I've gotten a lot of people asking for pics

so having finished the second island of our base (interestingly enough the first one you actually get on) I took some pictures.

imgur.com/a/xel5C

t. RETARDSLAMMER of the legendary Big Guys crew

bump

>implying h-games don't have shit tons of people playing

h-games are expected

the fact the sims has a thread with 500+ replies is really sad

>tfw I have become byword for loveable autism
>tfw I genuinely want to make my base decent-looking
>tfw have become iron rei merchant in my quest to have the mats to do so
>tfw every addition just makes my shitshack a more exotic kind of terrible

> Legendary crew
Yeah, if you like being known for your autism.

Server Settings
>Added ability for server admin to broadcast messages to players on the server
>Added ability for server admin to teleport to a specific player
>Added ability for server admin to set a Message of the Day
>Server admins can now specify the amount of friendly fire (guild mates hurting guild mates)
>Server admins can now modify the durability of items on their server
>Added a server setting to modify player damage
>Admins can now use certain commands which are deactivated on the server (remove buildings on PvE server etc)
>Added a new serer setting for BuildingDamageMultiplier
>Fixed some cheat commands not requiring admin
>ServerSettings window now shows local time on server
Also they forgot to mention that they gave an option to turn on base rot/abandonment

the salt will never die with you

wish the same could have been said about your base, maybe then this would have never happened :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Thread theme

We still love you Galahad

So are all of the servers completely dead?

Have you even been on bellas server you fucking retard

Literally who? I was just asking.

The thriving server everyone is talking about

Cool, how many people on average?

Possible PSA - They apparently added a 'show servers with mods' checkbox recently. comfy server kept not showing for me until I noticed it earlier today.

This may be old news and I may just be slow but I've been too busy combating the snow menace to notice this shit.

Stop playing this trash, play Ark. Rust or even H1Z1. These devs have the game in EARLY ACCESS but were able to pay $100,000 for Denuvo as their DRM. How is that not a red flag?

But it's fun.

Fuck off faggot

>These devs have the game in EARLY ACCESS but were able to pay $100,000 for Denuvo as their DRM. How is that not a red flag?

Funcom is a major developer, retard. Also why would I play some indie trash when I could play a triple AAA game from a known developer?

Ok ok now. We can all agree Ark is someone of the front runner for this Genre. I have dedicated tons of hours to it, but since Conan has early release I've dropped ARK and WoW and gone 100% to Conan.

Conan already feels on par with ARK, and it's still in early development. Mounts are coming soon, new biomes, Thrall actions, etc...

But Conan is a LONG way from being polished or done. So it's not an amazing game yet. People have also lost faith in Fun-Com from various titles.

TLDR; You're arguing against a game in beta vs a completed game.

Make /VGreat again

The increased durability for shields is a change that is greatly appreciated.

>Conan
>AAA

Hate to break it to you...

I started watching some dudes stream Conan exiles and I found a RP fag. He has an AMAZING RP voice, but it is an act because his regular voice is some high pitched nerdy shit. Anyway, I thought RP was some uber nerd stupid shit, but after watching it for a bit I think it is something I can get into.

I would love bella to be RP-PVP but I am a dude with a female character. I don't want to RP as a lady even though I can use a voice changer and make my voice a slight octave higher to sound like a natural woman.

I played ARK but I think this game is superior simply because it doesn't make a jump to modern tech bullshit. The using dinos for fast harvesting is bullshit as well. Only thing I want from ARK in Conan is the irrigation and crop growing system, which is amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if they add that into an update far down the road.

Conan Is like ARK without the nos and high tech, which is really all I want. All the extra bullshit really ruins the game for me. There is too much shit in a small map in that game.

This is fuckin' Hyborea, son. A setting with characters like BĂȘlit and Valeria.

What server? They all feel so ephemeral at the moment, I don't want to commit a bunch of time to them to have them collapse since your character doesn't transfer.

Play on Bella. Admin already paid for 3 months and it's very active. If the guy decides to drop it at the end of those months and warns everyone, I'd offer to pick it up, and I bet I'm not the only one that would.