old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dbt-map.herokuapp.com/
youtu.be/pXDkpMfbBfw
ngwclub.com/forum/page/Welcome
loctite.com.au/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?nodeid=8802626633729
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just got a wr500

Should I get a motorcycle cover? I live in an apartment and my bike just sits outside, rain snow sun, ect.

I read they actually trap moisture and make things worse. That said its covered with like 2 inches of snow because of global warming.

>sitting under two inches of snow is better than sitting under a tarp

covers help keep faggots from sitting on your bike also.

Is that a bmw cúckfè racer?

:(

Shilling my map once again dbt-map.herokuapp.com/
Become part of the botnet today

>tfw I ride pretty recklessly
>tfw my days are definitely numbered

I never wait at junctions, I just go around cars waiting to turn, is this absolutely crazy?

I made a picture to show you guys, I do this all the time. Not sure if it's legal, dangerous or both.

Usually when someone is turning right they go shoulder if there's room so even car go around them. I wouldn't do it in a blind corner or at a four-way intersection though.

What's wrong with cafe racers?

fuck denver atm famalam

Its illegal if lanesplitting is illegal. Its the same if some car slid up beside you in the lane you're in at a red light.

That said I do this sometimes too without thinking too hard about its not very Dangerous unless you would hit them if they suddenly stopped mid turn.

Dude come to upstate new york, everyone does this even the cars. Also everyone goes 75 in 55s which is nice

lane filtering is legal in the UK.

Hipsters enjoy ruining 70s and 80s UJMs by turning them into "cafe racers "

>ruining
eh

ehh i'll make a pin soon

>17112270
No (You) for you either fucker

It was an accident please forgive me

Yeah, they only manufactured a million of the damn things, God forbid anyone touches a UJM.

>they only manufactured a million of the damn things
And most of them have been scrapped

Wonder why?

cheap and old

Is this the Jeep Wrangler of the motorcycle world?

Is it overpriced and unreliable?

No, it's a good value and will last until the heat death of the universe.

Many of the UJMs they cafe are not worth restoring. The vintage Jap market is strong for originals but with the variety of models (and small displacement shit not worth restoring) they may as well have some fun hacking them up since most are beyond economic restoration.

Touring bikes especially go obsolete quickly because they've improved so drastically. Naked Gold Wings are a thing and a good one IMO since ripping off the old baggershit lightens them drastically.

Like the 1988 Datsun Hardbody Pickup of the motorcycle world. Or Hilux or Tacoma

>watch this shit
>see worse daily

youtu.be/pXDkpMfbBfw

Why are those bikers so fucking mad? You can see almost everything coming from a mile and most are solved by just getting away from them.

It annoys the shit out of me when I see bikers chase somebody down who just made an honest mistake. Then when they get there they just scold them. Then on other times when they should actually fuck somebody up they pussy out. It's just really frustrating to watch all these YouTube videos with the sames things happening over and over.

The vintage goldwings are the best looking tho

Man, Honda's design department was ON POINT at the time.

I'd go for a naked Goldwing too. They're powerful as fuck, look nice and those i4 engines last like 300k miles. Used Goldwings are common and cheap too.

Desperately want a bigger fuel tank.

I only get about 175 miles out of mine.

i finally bought my first cruiser. was comfy highway riding but i turned off into the ghetto to practice corners, stalled at a light, and nicked the muffler on a curb. was fun but definitely not comfortable on it yet.

>found souce of tiny oil leak from my DR650
>oil was coming out of the seal formed by the oil cooler hose and the rest of the engine
>replace the O ring
>come back outside after a bit
>still leaking oil from that spot

WHY

I torqued the bolts down correctly
I put the O ring in correctly
It's the correct O ring

WHY DOES MY BIKE HATE ME

Should have bought an actually useful and practical bike rather than some stupid meme bike then.

>mfw I ride a XTZ660 tenere
>easily get nearly 300 miles out of the tank

What bike

I ride my fz in 3rd everywhere. Average under 40mg. Constantly looking for fuel

v star 650 used with 500 miles

>I ride my fz in 3rd everywhere
How about shifting up three gears

I get shit mileage on my fz but I also really enjoy going past 12k rpm as much as possible every time I ride.

Nice bike. Enjoy it.

When people on cl say the price is "firm" ... what do they mean by this? How much leeway do I have in haggling?

Depends on the person and hope good you are at buying shit

>I ride my fz in 3rd everywhere
yeah maybe that's why.

Rider is a fucking idiot.
>get behind him to send see his license plate
>ohhh veyyy he doesn't have one
Completely ignoring the company name and DOT numbers on the side of the cab

It means you have to have a believable reason why their price is shit, not just "uh i want it for less". Also look at when it was posted.

>that video title
>implying that bikers are never stupid, crazy or angry
IT'S ALWAYS THE OTHERS, BIKERS CAN DO NO WRONG BECAUSE THEY'RE THE MORE VULNERABLE ONES

Morally bikers are basically the Jews of the road.

>be riding today
>some rich fuckhead on a scooter on the road
>over take him as I'm way faster and he's completely to the right as a cyclist
>indicate I want to go to the right
>slow down a bit for the corner
>see the scooter while checking behind me
>he doesn't stop or go around
>move a bit to the right to block him so I can actually can make the turn
>he just goes even more right and passes me as I'm starting my turn

Stupid bikers are like that.
I'm completely aware that I can, and will be at fault.

Rich people ride scooters? Or any kind of single track vehicle?

why are all drz owners virgin manlets?

>plaid

>he doesn't own a Cadillac Scoot de Ville

>shifting

Brb buying a DCT Honda

>driver makes a mistake
>bike-guy instantly flips his shit rev-bombing and flipping the guy off

definately the drivers fault

well the NC700X apparently has incredible mpg if you are actually seriously going to buy a dct.

Here they do on nice days.

It's basically that there is less opportunity for distraction on a bike, motorcyclists are more physically vulnerable, and are less likely to injure or kill drivers in accidents. Basically they have more to lose in an accident where another person is at fault.

Past that I've had people mess with me on the road. Brake check me, pretend to merge into me, gun their engines when I go to pass them, even throw shit at me. I haven't even been riding that long.

Post your meme bikes.

>posh cunts scooting to field hockey practice
M-muh dick.

>honda

>video games love forcing driving segments on you
>you never get to use a motorcycle though

>bmw

>gun their engines when I go to pass them
most people do that whenever anyone passes them, bike or car. for some reason getting passed makes people go into an autistic rage.
I could give a fuck, I always go at a leisurely pace and get passed all the time, I don't see the big deal

Was thinking 500x. I flog bikes anyway so 50hp is enough.

How's the range on the 500x?

Sounds like America to me. No decency, no discipline.

I lived in the posh area.
Fucking cunts. The fakers where even worse.

What?

I almost never pass anyone on single lane roads. There's a highway out here with a big single lane stretch, and the few times I've passed people it's because they were going 10+ under the speed limit and they always immediately stomped on the gas pedal. It's a pretty curvy road too so if another vehicle was going above the speed limit in the other lane I'd be toast.

Oh andere nederlander.

Carry on.

is that the 7597th registered vehicle in the whole country

also til ethiopia has 100 million people in it

There are two Dutch BMWs, mate. So I might be him, or not.

Its a small bike and fully grown men look silly on them.

K75 or F800? (or R65)

Motorbike plates are registered on a diff...register.

And plates are recycled

F800? You mean the Belgian?

I've got the GS

How is it that you care so little about your bike that you just let it sit outside?

there are too many BMW's

Make Netherlands Japbikes Again

Not everyone has the luxury to park it inside.

just spray it all over with ACF50 during winter.

And yes, do get a cover.

Where's the old /dbt/ map and why is that guy making a new one?

Japscraps are for the poor. Are you poor?

I fucking love blasting past idiots that speed up when I go to pass. How slow are your bikes/car that you have an issue with this?

>It's a pretty curvy road too so if another vehicle was going above the speed limit in the other lane I'd be toast.

yeah or maybe not be slow as fuck and just complete the pass quickly

>mfw it's the 5th time this week some random stranger has commented on my jacket being too small

dat CBX doe

if i had to maintain a bmw i'd be poor yea

Is that what wrenchmonkeys tell themselves when they're stuck in the garage again because their Triumph or Ducati won't fire up?

Luxury? I guess electricity and running water are a luxury too. Park it in your garage, or in your house. Get one of those little motorcycle tent things. You really don't even have a cover?

Leaving them outside is a completely foreign idea to me. But then again, I only buy nice bikes.

Me too. Rarely I will pass someone unless its going like 2 under the speed limit when its obvious they are in cruise control.

They are dirt cheap use right now so grab one if want. Also hoard carb sets and parts. Cleaning the carbs is doable if you take pics and use something like a Plano fishing tackle box to organise them. Best way to remove carbs is remove the intake manifold stubs and plug the cylinder head with clean, lint-free rags. They come out the right side of the bike.

Warning:
Avoid Wings with butchered electrics unless you want to simplfiy when rewiring. The white plastic harness connectors become quite brittle with age. If you do timing belts, a replacement water pump is wise while you are in there.

ngwclub.com/forum/page/Welcome

Parts are available and they aren't too bad to do, but a new Winger should be fucking patient and use the FACTORY service manual. You can find most for free download.

>implying that happens

stay poor kiddo

>Park it in your garage
That's a rare to have and very expensive

>or in your house.
Like that fits

This is relevant to my post how? Passing takes five seconds or less. Do you not even downshift when you go to pass? Do you ride a 49cc "motorcycle?"

But it's not even expensive to maintain a BMW.

I don't know. My bike just goes.

Rare an expensive? Every house has a garage unless you live in some third world shithole. Also, bikes definitely fit inside. Or do you live in the Shire, with little hobbit sized doors? Bikes definitely fit through doors.

You've really never parked a bike inside a hotel room?

Industry comes to the rescue. Hit your O-ring with brake/carb cleaner (Walmart cheap is excellent) then use this or equivalent in the O-ring groove and a light wipe on the ring itself.

loctite.com.au/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?nodeid=8802626633729

Permatex make flange sealant too.

Flange sealant is love, life and hot monkeysecks.

Its a 1997 KLR and I commute and also laziness and a tendency to not fuss over material things.

Still don't want rust or something to get fucked up on it.

>details showed Sean Labrie, 47, of Sparks was driving a 2012 white KTM Racer motorcycle southbound on Nevada 341. Labrie failed to submit to a curve and crossed into the northbound lane and struck Kevin Mcintire, 62, of Dayton, who was driving a 2009 white Aprilla motorcycle head on while traveling northbound.

>be 62
>ride a RSV with some sweet aftermarket cans
>get killed by a 47 year old KTM 690 rider who cant lean

press F to RIP