/dlg/ - Duel Links General

/dlg/ - Duel Links General

Creator of Duel Monsters Maximillion Pegasus edition
Continuing to revamp the OP sub-edition

Last Thread is dead and gone

Latest News
>Special duel event happening soon where everyone has to use the Exodia skill (adds 5 extra cards to your deck)
>Yugi Muto event starting on the 13th
>KC cup rewards redeemable until the 13th
>Extracted files showing potential cards to be added - drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mP_fxnqSU3NDVQMWZOVjU1RVU

Useful Links:
>Wiki with good info on LDs, skills and how to obtain cards
duellinks.gamea.co

>Starting guide that you probably shouldn't trust
duellinks.gamea.co/c/edru5z1z

>Android download
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.duellinks&hl=en

>Android emulator
bignox.com/ (download, install, make a google account, download duel links from the playstore)

>Outdated Farming Guide:
reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/5p7hwp/the_farming_guide/

>A few tips for new players
-Buy Ultimate Rising before it disappears at the end of March
-Don't bother buying Age of Discovery
-Turn your game speed up to full
-Playing on Nox is the optimal way to play PVP

Ongoing discussion: is there no Main Phase 2 in this game????

last thread: And yes, it looks like there is no Main Phase 2.

Give us the ojama meme cards already konami

>Not Bakura.
ONE JOB
Delete this thread and make another one

Patinence user. We still need to get all DM characters first

Which is better to play fool links on? Bluestacks or bignox?

>Summoner of Illusions + Matter Transporter = Monster lockout
No way that'll happen.

I just dueled my friend. How the fuck did he just get such powerful cards?

ll his monsters out damaged mine by 100-200.

nox

Which monsters?

I can already tell this card will be OP as fuck and for farming

No clue I'll try and see what he used.

He also tells me I should only buy card packs in 10s because they have more of a chance for the rarer cards. This is setting BS decetors off in my head.

Will Bakura be voiced?

I'm not seeing it, considering you might get the card you want way before the 10th pack. It's just a faster batch option, nothing more.

What character should I level up first? I lucked into 2 Venus/Sky Scourge so I've been running a fairy deck and leveling Tea up for support and life cost 0. Solid plan?

Stupid question, but data flows freely back & forth from the Nox emulator to the phone and vice-versa right?

Like I can play Duel Links when on PC and then just continue when I'm not home, right? Will I need to close the app on one when using the other?

Thanks.

Tea is shit. Level up Mai for her rewards, Yami Yugi, Mako and Weevil for Cerberus farming.

Yeah it does, you can't play on both at the exact same time but data transfers if you stay on same account

Okay uh, it looks like my data on Nox didnt carry over from the phone...

the heck?

fffug. it gave me a new duelist ID for whatever reason.

My phone's still good though

Did you Data Transfer your Nox account into a Konami ID?

This is my all or nothing burn deck right now with tea's skill. Any way I can make it better?

Nah I didn't use Data Transfer at all. Am I going to have to do that?
I started playing on my phone first, then I decided I want to use an emulator but it looks like I can't just d/l the emulator, sign into my Google stuff (it even reads my Google Play account) but still a different duelist ID.

Will I have to always Data Transfer whenever I want to go from emulator to phone and back?

No, "Data Transfer" just means linking your shit to your Konami ID. Data Transfer on the device you have all your stuff on, sign up to Konami then on your other devices you just log in through the settings menu in-game. It syncs your cards and progress automatically when you launch the game.

Sick. Thanks dude.

Kys yourself

by using a real deck

New to the game:

any particular packs I shouldn't buy (besides Age of Discovery because you guys said so... even though I see Levia Dragon Deadalus on the front)?

I want me some Effect monsters and good traps & spells.

>Bakura on monday
>used all my orbs this week getting gems from leveling up

>Exodia Duel
>Turn 2 Barrel Dragon (Calico Crow MVP)
>proceed to MISS 5 SHOTS IN A ROW
>shift Dragon into defense after Mask of Accursed
>his Skelengel Riryokus my Dragon (900 + 1300 = 2200)
>then attacks it for no reason (Dragon's DEF = 2200)
>I Veil of Darkness three limbs, draw into the 4th, Backup Soldier
My opponent played so weirdly.

The water decks you can build from age of discovery are some of the best in the game...

- 1x Ushioni
+ 1x Gravekeeper's Curse/Attack and Receive
On average those cards give more damage than Ushioni

>The water decks you can build from age of discovery are some of the best in the game...

Good to know because I love water decks.
I used to run, way back in the day, a Water/Burn/Stall deck.

Another question.... can you only really have just 3 monsters and spells/traps on the field instead of the regular 5? I understand that its a mobile quick game... but still :\

Age of Discovery is going at the end of the month.

-Cant get more than 1 gravekeepers curse
-that bull monster combos well with cards of sanctity

>going
So some packs go away forever then?

You can unlock Mako Tsunami who has an Umi Field Card skill as well as Water Monster level up rewards and drops.

Yes it's only 3 zones, but it's fine. 20 card decks, 4000LP, 3 card zones. Basically everything is halved just to cut down the time each match takes, the cards in this game are slow anyway so it balances it out.

Yes 3 monster and 3 spell/trap zones.

I wish it was the normal 5/5, 8000 LP game but its probably just so the games dont last too long.

A Daedalus deck is one of the better decks for bot and PvP, look it up, but as another user just mentioned the pack is going away in like a week and a half I think.

Spoken like a true relinquished player.

I use Machines

They've said that packs may return in the future, but obviously the game hasn't been out long enough for us to judge when they'd bring them back. You can still get cards from Ultimate Rising and Age of Discovery as reward cards during events (you pick your reward card), though it's nowhere near as convenient as buying a pack.

Thanks very much for your help and answers anons. Don't know why the OP says not to buy Age of Discovery. Very glad I asked though.

Wew, you're right.
What about using a copy of Numinous Healer then? Combos with Needle Ball and Ushioni when you call them wrong, and can be removed from the field by Card of Sanctity's effect

The OP says that because Age of Discovery is used to make Daedalus decks, which are fairly good and usually difficult to counter without the right draws, hes trying to discourage it.

Does anyone know what cards Yami Bakura will give out?

Obviously Dark Necrofear will be his ace card.

Goblin thief is all the healing im gonna get for this deck. Its all about MAXIMUM DAMAGE for me.
On that note, more burn cards when?

Pretty fun deck and synergizes very well especially dweller and balloons. Haven't tried in ranked yet so any suggestions is helpful

Why are Bandit Keith and Pegasus players whales?

Every character in Duel Links is getting voice although i'am not sure how will Konami do with the GX, 5DS, Zexal and Arc-V characters tho. I mean it may be easy to use their VA's in Japan but what about the West VA's? I doubt they will call the original to voice their characters again

They'll just reuse clips from the show or Tag Force for anyone they can't get back.

Go to Duel Generations for the full Yugioh Experience ando regret doing so almost immediately.

Just pulled BES Crystal Core trying to pull for Dunames. What's the point of this guy? Why does he destroy himself?

Boss Rush

you attack, get hit with kuriboh, they attack, he's still alive

Bandit Keith is the tryhard character. He has useful skills for almost every deck and stuff like switcheroo makes combo/ritual decks much more consistent.

Pegasus is so shit that you need to be a whale to make him good

Well he is the intercontinental champion

>R
Fucking noice
Pack or reward?

So what you're saying is to level up bandit Keith

You should definitely at least get his reset and switcheroo skills, but he doesn't have any important cards leveling up compared to Mai and Joey

>Metalmorph
It's not crucial, but handy.

does Bandit Keith give metalmorph? Oh well then get that too yeah

What's important from Joey? Rocket warrior? I saw that suggestion earlier but looked through his cards and found them to be meh

is an upcoming card probably coming with Marik

>using my tea burn deck
>Opponent down to 100 lp
>I only have 1100 lp
>he has 2 DMG and all he has to do is attack and win
>suddenly a wild magician's circle activates
>he brings out my gravekeepers curse and activates it effect
>I win
Ayy lmao. Such is life in gold rank.

>when your Turn 1 Twin-Barrel Dragon shoots a card just right

He has polymorph which you need later for stage up

Current state of duel links

>I need more gems
>I want more LD rewards or LD in general
>I want more cards in the packs
>I want more useful cards in the shop
>I want to strangle all the gift controller retards

R8. Any changes you would make? Doing pretty fine with it. 15-3 today. Relinquished deck are giving me somre troubles, should I include skull lair? DPS?

PDS*

I don't know how people play parasite burn, the game is so sluggish due to shitters not knowing how to use priority toggles that waiting so many turns just to win each game would make me commit suicide

Ofc.

Mai and Keith.

Kill yourself my man.

>Water decks
>Best in the game
Kek.

>"SOME of the best in the game"

Its almost like reading is hard.

its just /dlg/ contrarians who keep trying to state that dino and fish aren't solid tier 2 decks just because superwhales have HHG decks with 1800 atk beaters and full sets of kuribohs, sonic birds, and senjus

I can believe you with Rex, but Mako has become irrelevant little by little.

Yes, but his deck is "generic". Every and any good water card will be good for his deck. As soon as people forget him, Konami will probably put a new Umi support in the game.

only way he can be "good" is if they give him a legendary ocean as a skill

I think that will happen eventually.

What is this gift controller meme

All the people who chose the Econ as reward for the KC Cup.

Wow this event sucks

Give me a double exp. event, Konmai!

which event

>give the vagabonds, you selfish fucks
fixed it for you

>Chaos Zone/Doomsday Horror/Skull Lair shenanigans
>over 200 seconds on my timer
>suddenly, time limit loss
Well, fuck you, too, game. I'm starting to believe my opponent got sick of my Dark shuffle.

Salty people who farmed Kaiba now have to deal with those who got econ as a gift in the KC cup.

Or other salty ones who couldn't reach the top 200.000 on the cup to get the controller.

Either way, it's salt.

>New event replaces all regular NPCs with Vagabonds for a week

>Daily event missions
>Win a battle with "no damage" 10 times
>Win a battle with "quick victory" 10 times

I doubt they ever do a double EXP event. This game is for grinding limited resources. If they were limitless, then they may do it.

The grind is easy enough anyways.

How many gate keys should I collect before I bother trying to farm any LD?

1k coloured at least

>Level 28: 200 Gems
>Level 29: 250 Gems
>Level 30: 300 Gems
>Level 31: 100K Gold
>Level 32: 200 Gems
>Level 34: 250 Gems

Why the fuck does it go down?

in all honesty as soon as you get them to level 40 and have a farming deck, just do it breh

Just how necessary is Sonic Bird?
I don't even have one.
I have 2 Kuriboh, 3 Mask of the Accursed, 3 Wonder Balloons, 2 Magic Jammer and a Fusion Gate, which I think are the only relevant cards I have.
I'm so tired of opening Ultimate Rising packs tbqh.

I have like 3 and never use them. I think it depends if you want to use a ritual deck

If you want many gems you're gonna have to pay.
Stop being poor.

>I have like 3 and never use them
>3 sonic birds
>not making a tier 0 relinquished deck and shitting on non-whales
cmon now