MX5 vs MR2

I'm thinking of getting a cheap but fun car and I'm deciding on the MR2 or the MX-5 NB or NA.

Pros and cons of each?

One makes you look gay, the other will try to kill you.

>only looks gay to busriders
who cares

One is a women accessoir and the other is a helicopter.

where does the Z3 fit into this?

MR stands for Master Race my brother. That's all you need to know.

That's my car.

Let me know if you got any specific questions. I'll be around for a little while.

>the other will try to kill you

aka

>you will kill yourself because you're stupid and tried to drive an MR2 like an FR miata

Only the W20 is sort of dangerous. By that I mean it's dangerous for beginners.

The W11 and W30 ride like they're on rails.

>MRfags actually believe this

MR Master Race reporting.

I Love my MR2. Storage is pretty much the only downside I can think of. More power would be nice, but that's what the 2ZZ is for.

Snap oversteer. In the SW20 yeah; but not the ZZW30, it handles like a go kart.

I definitely get looks driving my car. It's nice pulling up to a shopping center and see girls rubber necking for a change.

>Pic related, the Mister Mister.

Miata:
>more parts available
>easier to do engine work
MR2:
>Toyota engine w/ cheap parts
>MR engine placement

Siiiiick I dig the wheels and hard top.

>MRS
You literally bought the worst MR lol

Good question. I think that's far more feminine than either car here.

I'm pretty handy with Photoshop and Illustrator. I should sit down and make an infographic comparing the two cars.

How's your reliability been? How is it in the wet? Any particular things to look out for when buying one?

>mrs is gud car

u can get mad dick in it

fuck u and your shit tier taste

>$8k for a 20 year old car
yeah i'll pass

You should!

What is the difference between MRS and MR2?

user you live in Las Vegas? I think I've seen you around, I have an aw11

Reliability is pretty good, they do tend to burn oil. People make it out to be a big deal, you just have to keep an eye on it. Check it when you get gas and top up when necessary.

Big thing to check: Pre-cats. Google it and read up on the pre-catalytic converter issue. Basically you want to make sure they are in tact when you buy the car, and then plan on installing an aftermarket header, or removing the pre-cats from the factory header soon after buying the car.

As long as you're aware of those two issues, it's very easy and cheap to own and maintain.

MR-S is the 3rd generation MR-2 Short for MR-2 Spyder.

Does anyone here own a ZZW30 with a 2zz swap? I have the budget to buy a 3rd gen MR2, but I will only do it if the swap is worth the money.

Yeah, thats me. Do you have a pic of your aw11? I make a point to keep an eye out for any gen MR2 in Vegas

Lookup VegasMR2 on facebook and request to join, you gotta supply a pic of mr2 with bread on hood to join anyway.

>Poorfag skunkfuckers dislike the most expensive mr2 and miata

Objectively the MRS is probably the best, even if its ugly.

I got rid of my facebook, but I might make one for this.

I honestly can't think of any other way to get into contact with you on here, I could make a burner email you could send your info to.

You guys still do meets on the 2nd Sunday of the month?

No worries. If the info posted on the page is still accurate, I could just show up during the next meet

Yep yep! Usually at a Hawaiian place on Sahara and Decatur. Hope to see you out there!

Sweet, if you guys arent there, I'll hit up the in-n-out

the facebook group is private BTW, many people on there are just car profiles with nothing about the person.

2ZZ swap ZZW30 and enjoy your extremely reliable lotus lite for

I'll just make a profile tonight probably

rephrase the question
>which cheap, great handling and fun roadster do I pick?
>An FR but the most sold and with massive aftermarket and some storage space
>the only MR you can get without selling your organs with little storage space

I picked mr2 without even looking at miat but they both are top tier.

that is dank as fuuuck! What wheels?
Best MR when handling and weight is concerned. Fastest MR with 2zz or K20 swap.
Only downside is storage and its looks which are only bad compared to other MR2's
swap gives you higher revving engine and 50 more hp for an engine that is as bolt in as an engine swap can be.
It's also like sub 3k (can be even sub 2k) swap if you do the work yourself.

Overall great car. Surprisingly spacious ( save for the steering wheel) post facelifts are safer precats wise and come with 6speed which is good for highways, and are way happier than even NA miata, making them possibly the most adorable car.
Doesn't snap overmeme unless grip is real low.
Has more storage than you think.

MRS daily here

MRS is the most annoying car ever to work on, everythings all shoved in, and it sucks so bad. you better hope you never have to replace the top in it. me and a friend of mine had to replace the top on my '01, and he used the ripped up old top to hang himself. my friends hecking dead because of that top job. theres a reason why you see so many MR-S's on craigslist with about 110,000 miles on them. thats when you get to fixing up the temporary shit on it, and it sucked so bad they gave up a 0-60 in 6.5 seconds on an average day pussy gettin wet mobile

also remember. if you wanna replace stuff and mod it up, go '99 - '02, and if you want bone stock and not wanting to replace anything, go '03-'07

Thanks! Wheels are Sparco Assetto Garas

>>the only MR you can get without selling your organs
You know the Fiero exists and is dirt cheap, right?

forgot to mention, fun as shit to drive, makes working on it worth it, and with an MR-S, you wont have to go down to the gulch because scott needs your help.

oh, and you get looks. gabillions of them. its a real cure for anxiety

>tfw can't own a small roadster like a miata or mrs because I have to carry a guitar with me daily and usually drive people
Maybe one day

Put the guitar in the passenger seat. If someone rides with you, make them hold it

I'd have to see the space in person, the current case I have for the guitar is pretty pigfat, I doubt anyone would fit with it there. Though I have nothing against being part of the lonely drivers club

it's dirt cheap for a reason

i have an SW20 MR2 and you could easily fit a guitar in the passenger seat acoustic or electric. or just make the passenger hold it

That's like asking: why buy a burger when you could just eat dogshit?

Get a boxster

I'm purchasing this car tomorrow to replace my NB. Blacktop swapped and everything. I'm gonna spend money to refresh the suspension and tighten everything up and it's going to be the perfect car.