Pawns of Tzeentch edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

OLD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WI-SCFlUfns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mannfred was weak, witness true meat grinding!

ROLLAN!

R E J O I C E

Stop playing fantasy

Turned off the mods as soon as it started happening. Now I tried the ol' "rename warhammer folder in Appdata" thing and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll go google other methods of stopping this thing from crashing.

So we decided to go for Averheim, Castle Manlet still stands.

youtube.com/watch?v=WI-SCFlUfns

user stop posting until you remove the ugly-ass mods
This has crossed the line of acceptability, and your names are trash too

My enemies are many, my equals are none

In the shade of living trees they said Athel Loren could never be conquered

In the land of vampires and necromancers, they said Sylvania could never be humbled

In the realm of chaos and snow, they said Norsca could never be tamed

Now they say nothing, they fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in chivalry and death

I say, I am Louen Leoncoeur! I am King of Brettonia!

>5 vargheists per unit.
I could've sworn it was 6 to a unit on medium.

Now I feel ashamed for playing the von Carsteins.
Please user, either remove those mods or yourself

You even have a terrible camera angle to top it all off

I like your style, kid.

If I move and wreck the Norscan factions early on, can I mitigate their involvement in the Storm of Chaos or will the AI spawn stacks anyway? Debating a Bret campaign establishing an outpost in the frigid north

Okay user here is (you) hope you happy now

[muffled screaming]

Time for some NaPOOP

Which LME campaign do we play?

>all this shitting on Daemons
Just you wait. They're going to be what Chaos Undivided should've been.

Rolaids.

You'll slow down Skaeling and Varg and keep them off your ass while you fight Chaos, but Chaos itself will still do a lot of damage
The real challenge is wiping out the norscans in a timely manner. They've got a good habit of sneaking around and reclaiming what you already razed, and travelling through the north is a pain in the ass

Do vampires like Can-Can dancing?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

I need Slaneesh/Khorne erotica

did you mean the foot enchantress?

>wood elves
>best elves

Not in this world or the next.

Durthu stronk

I still laugh when I remember the whole Khorne/Slaanesh chalice shenanigans.

So you want to
>take
my skull for this skull throne eh?
Do it harder.

chalice shenanigans?

warhammer noob here

That's pretty neato

If CA don't add in more ways to fuck over the Empire earlygame in the next expansion I'll be disappointed

Basically
>Slaanesh is born
>He/she/whatever the fuck I'll just say it wants to ingratiate itself with the other chaos gods
>Decides a good first step is to give them a nice gift
>Creates four chalices of perfect craftsmanship and amazing taste, each with motives from each of the gods
>Gives Nurgle, Tzeentch and Khorne their own
>Nurgle and Tzeentch mostly don't care
>Khorne responds like how he always does
>Smashes the chalice because who the fuck wants a gift from such a pansy god
>Then regrets it, because damn it was so beautiful, and it was a gift made with all the good of it's heart
>For the first time in the story of ever, Khorne repairs something he smashed
>Realizes this as he finishes
>Smashes it again
>Starts repairing it again
>Nurgle and Tzeentch laugh their assess off at sexually confused Khorne.

Know your place, you filthy nigger swine.

What are you talkin about she is not an elf!

when the entire trilogy is out i wonder how the roll chart will work. especially if we end up with more than 100 lords.

Khorne is definitely in the closet

A chart for each campaign /part of the world, maybe?

I think you mean Nurgle laughs his ass off and Tzeentch nervously laughs as he realized Khorne is going against his nature and might become less chaos-ey

Thoughts on ultimate minor settlement pack?

Will CA release this part of the world in one of their expansions?

hopefully never

enough weeb shit in my games

>Dismounted Questing Knights (Trollhammer Torpedoes and Shields)

>Cathay
>Nippon
Not a chance.

Probably no
Maybe after all dlc
Maybe we going to get nippon mini campaing dlc or some shit

Those parts of the world are so fucking generic

I hope they do them last

are their armies even available for tabletop?

Anyone?

the map is going to cut off right at the start of cathay.

so we probably won't even get them.

But. maybe hopefully there will be enough model bits at the end of the entire game to make some custom units and what not.

No, and there's very little lore to go off of.
CA would basically need to get the green light from GW to create entirely new factions.

In the past I'd say this would be impossible, but GW isn't led by a raging moron anymore so it's possible

Hopefully never until they have realized every little drop of the established stuff and the not so established stuff contained in the established stuff.

Tried one battle with it on an Elf lookout

it looked so fucking generic, half-assed work. But that was just 1 battle

Where is the Island where the body of Asavar Kul buried? anyone know? I think it was somewhere around the sea of claws

HA

NO WONDER ROMANS SUCK IN ATILLA

No, at best there were some things in 2nd edition that never received models. at worst only a couple lines mentioned in a paragraph at somepoint or nothing at all.

Araby is different in that it actually had models at one point though, the smaller scale warmaster game but still an army. And kislev even had models for the main game.

the others never had any such thing.

Araby will have to be in one of the expansions though won't it?

>No tree spirits

You insult.

I could see CA doing an araby/kislev pack in the same manner of the RoR packs, only with new units instead of RoR. What will be interesting to see is how CA implements Araby whenever TK get added, seeing as how every human faction excluding Bretonnia uses a basic empire roster. Will they feature a barebones but unique roster similar to brets pre-release, or will they be playable alongside the tomb kings when the latter is released

Why did the chaos blood knights betray the Empire at that one big battle when they should have known full well that chaos was bent on the destruction of the planet? I can understand them hating the Empire but it's a pretty bad idea in the long term.

Also why didn't the college of magic or whatever allow Gelt to just keep making zombie soldiers until the war was over so that civilization wouldn't be destroyed?

Why the fuck did they end the world it's so cool

people shit on chaos, but its really not that bad in terms of its roster, the problem is that whoever was responsible for the horde buildings clearly doesn't actually play the game and doesn't understand the difference between a horde and a settled faction

there is a reason why horde factions in Attila, didn't have a billion different recruitment tents, and the reason is that unless the game is perfectly balanced, you have zero motivation to build anything but the best tents, since building one doesn't just take up a slot, it also increases the population cost of all other tents

another aspect they failed to understand is the creation of new hordes, again, in Attila its not that much of a problem because recruitment buildings don't give maintenance cost reduction, so you can just dump all the high tier units into the fledgling horde and re-recruit them in the old one. But in TWW you are encouraged to fill the new horde with shit units, which would work if it wasn't for infighting and the fact that the AI always senses where your horde is hiding

Another problem is the lack of any campaign map level play, what I mean is the following, in Attila horde factions had more things to do, for one thing almost all of them could settle down, which understandingly isn't an option here, but then again you had huns and white huns which couldn't settle down in Attila too. But they still had other options, you could vassalise factions, ally them you could engage them in diplomacy, to levy troops and replenish numbers. Yet you have no such option in Warhammer, your only choice with regards to other factions is whether you slaughter them right now or a bit later. Sure you can vassalize the norscans, but you quickly realise that its not viable to run all the way to the north to replenish, so you just merge and re-recruit, which gives an advantage to units that are recruited in 1 turn, combined with the fact that such units are also insanely strong (the chosen) cntd in next post

For fucks sake Vlad.

AWAKEN MY ANCESTORS

They wanted to relaunch fantasy in a more accessible/simpler/kid friendly way and to nuke the setting.

Any and all 'end times' writing reflects it. Disregard it all.

Agree

Oh, so they weren't making tons of money off fantasy eh. Why's that I wonder, models too expensive or were people just not that interested?

>Footman

Just one?

Was it better than a generic field battle at least?

combined with the fact that such units are also insanely strong (the chosen) AND considering the already mentioned pop cost of tents, the game drives you towards just spamming one unit type, which is a shame because the roster is actually pretty fucking big. It's especially bad because the autoresolve is as retarded as ever and absolutely loves dealing disproportianate damage to monsters and heroes, so you either fight every shitty skirmish personally, or never recruit any monsters and use a minimum number of heroes which you move out of the stack before autoresolving

chaos also has no agent with the block and assasinate focus, which for a horde faction is an absolute shit decision, since you can get drowned in enemy agents, that you can't do anything about, even a settled faction like Bretonia suffers a bit from having no dedicated duellist/assassin for campaign map dickery, and chaos just becomes unfun when you drown in one billion agents every turn

what chaos needs is a lot more choice based events (see Roman Expedition in Attila TLR), some subterfuge based gameplay, a way to hide fledgling hordes (maybe make sure that the attrition all the way up in the chaos wastes is huge not just for the player but also for the AI, no really on legendary it takes nearly no attrition damage up there), a subterfuge based agent with block and assassinate, a way to interact with other factions which isn't just killing them, a complete rework of buildings, and perfectly balanced units (which will never happen so, really, the buildings rebalance is essential)

and either a way to vassalize any minor faction to have a place to replenish, OR someway, a tech maybe to lower recruitment time of other units, so that you don't just spam chosen

there are probably many things I forgot about, but the stuff I mentioned is absolutely essential to make the campaign more fun and to give it re-playability its a shame that a faction with cool roster and varied LL's is ignored

That mod's scarred him for life. Unlife, whatever.

>a way to interact with other factions which isn't just killing them

>and either a way to vassalize any minor faction to have a place to replenish

disagree w/ these, as they don't really fit w/ the chaos theme. Replenishment should be increased in regions you have razed/regions w/ high corruption however

Other points are breddy gud however, and I think, CA will probably address them as time goes on and things like chaos divided/daemons are added into the game. God specific units/events would definitely add replayability to the faction. The other problem that Chaos has that CA might not address is that siege battles are fucking terrible, and every single province outside of norsca has the capability to build walls, meaning lategame requires you to fight a shitton of shitty siege battles to get anywhere

>they still worship Ulric

>disagree w/ these, as they don't really fit w/ the chaos theme
chaos is subtle too, its not just straight up murder though, an ability to somehow undermine your enemies before attacking them would be a good thing, or at least a way to somehow control those chaos rebel hordes that spawn when corruption is high enough (which actually never spawned for me, since I played on legendary and the AI gets just way too many boosts to public order)

On one hand, armies were too expensive to start off. A single infantry unit needed at least 40 dudes (unless it was monstrous) and they were sold in boxes of 16 at most, priced around 15-25 pounds for basic infantry and sometimes over 30 for the higher end stuff. At a standard point level you'd need around 4-6 units + some monsters/war machines. Did I mention the boxes were getting price hiked by 5-10% every summer, even when they were 10 year old models?
Since almost no one had enough money to jump into the hobby, they had to rely on existing customers. The problem here, is that existing customers already had armies, and had to buy a box or two at most when editions changed to add some new overpowered units (if any).

Sisters of Sigmar Empire horde faction when?

You could be just a roving inquisition that gets religious decrees to go and raze a small town or something or you have to go and reduce the corruption of an area to 0 and your faction mechanic can be religious right to command or something so if you let too many of these decrees build up you obviously arnt devout enough and will get major attrition and/or cant recruit till you prove yourself.

Why didn't they just use different material or something to make the models cheaper?

I'd prefer a dog of wars horde faction to help out humans and dwarves.

So what is going to happen on 31st? Warhammer 2 announcement or just a DLC announcement?

They did. Kind of. Some of the models used to be made out of metal. Eventually, they said metal became too expensive and switched them to a really horrible soft resin, which was so bad that your models literally melted if you left them in the car on a sunny day and 99% of them came miscast, either with holes from air bubbles, or sometimes even missing entire limbs. And guess what. Finecast (that's how they called this resin) models were more expensive than their metal predecessors.

Why not just use cheap hollow plastic made in china or some shit.

Blep

A "helpful horde" faction would be nice. You could encamp in an area, and put your stance to "Trade" to increase yours and your host province's income, or "Patrol" to increase your integrity and your host province's public order. You can recruit special units from the province host, and they in turn can levy troops from you. Or something.

There would have to be drawbacks, but it'd be pretty great for a co op campaign.

>Why didn't they just use different material or something to make the models cheaper?
They do, year after year

The problem is they reduce the number of models, and then increase the price of the kit

So while you would have gotten 40 models at high quality for a set price years ago now you pay for 8 at shit quality at the same or higher price

Welcome to Games Shitshow. Fantasy died because GWS are an immoral company and they try to scam their consumers, and eventually everyone got fed up. You have to realize GWS is a publicly listed company and its biggest share holders are all hedge funds.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of production. Those figures cost about 8 cents to create and they charge roughly $80 for them.

It's about pricing themselves out of demand, then attempting to create artificial demand out of existing customers.

i was thinking you could have a "hold sermons or Religious services" where in friendly territory it would reduce corruption by a large amount and increase public order it would also provide an income from friendly civilians through "donations".
In enemy territory it would very very slowly replenish troops and cause public order reduction and corruption reduction but no income.
It would spice up horde game play since you can only get income from friendly territory but i would assume since its religious zealots you would have 0 upkeep just recruitment and construction expenses.

Ogres may be a horde that works in a mercenary fashion, where you get more food the more and bigger the fights you are in, but they would still need to change how hordes work for it to be fun, in my opinion. Something like separating the army and building horde part into two things that can move separately from each other (but still need to be close to get all the benefits/not suffer attrition or lack of garrison)

The spawning pools have been producing strange hatches, as of late...

by ze Lady, 6 giants

>two things that can move separately from each other
how about this? in friendly nations you can build headquarters, that allow you to recruit new stacks and give some minor benefits, can be improved for more, as long as headquarters aren't destroyed you are not defeated even if you lose all your armies?

Rock the boat!

>/pol/ tier meme
Nope.

You'd need some kind of upkeep. Unless you're thinking that income would be a trickle, but even then you could just shake down enemies/allies for cash and then ball out of control.

Maybe you could force AI allies to give up a building slot to build one of your buildings, in exchange for rent money/an alliance? And then if things break down, you lose the building and a big ass amount of money as pissed off lords loot and burn your headquarters?

I don't remember this existing the last time I played dwarfs?

If all they want to do is make money then why the fuck didn't they just slap a reasonable price on the models if it only took a few pennies to manufacture them. Surely they would rather have less money instead of no money? Were the people in charge mentally retarded?

the thing is you would constantly be getting the religious decrees to go do something and fuck some on up so you wouldn't be able to sit and shake shit down or you would get fucked hard by attrition and no more money because your a hack fraud in a prayer tent now

Basing mechanics that cause you to lose out if the fickle AI change their mind suddenly probably isn't a good idea

A few peasants should sort them out