What does swap a LS1 mean?

Or something like that.. see it all the time.. usually talking about camaro? Whats up with all that. It's like you do this, all of sudden granny car becomes a beast sleeper killer car?
eggs plain, please.

General Motors, also known as GM, manufactures an engine called the LS1. It's powerful, affordable, and easy to work with. GM also sells these LS1 engines by themselves which is why they are sometimes called crate engines...because you get the engine in a crate and are free to do whatever the hell you want with it. Because of these factors, people like to buy them and put them in a myriad of different cars. Miatas, RX-7s, and so on

In the offchance you aren't a troll, the LS1 is a super famous small block V8 (which means it can fit in all kinds of shit) engine from chevy.

Its a GM engine that you put in cars when you've finally grew up and want to go fast.

No not trolling.
So is it an OLD engine...or is it still made? Like you need to find it at a junkyard.. or know a ton about cars to know which ones have them from the factory?

damn. skipped your answer, thanks.

Question... if you were to swap a LS1 in a RX-8, or RX-7... I assume you lose: power steering, A/C instantly, right? There has to be some kind of sacrifice from the original design right? Cant be that easy?

You lose perfect 50:50 weight distribution and high revving rotary braps

no u can get a kit that lets u hook up power steering and a/c, but u can swap it without doing that stuff.

also it's not that easy, there's a huge amount of stuff you have to do to swap an engine

its a crate engine that's small, powerful, cheap, easy to work with, huge aftermarket and is a v8

people also happen to do a lot of engine swaps with them

decided to check out google images for a LS1, well that was a huge mistake.. because there are 1000's of different engines shown.
Still have no clue what a LS1 exactly looks like.

it's a shitty engine that gets BTFO by a jap v6
Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

"swap an engine that has never run 5's"

Thats what it means

It means losing a lot of functionality for the single purpose of having an LS engine

No matter what ameritards tell you, the LS weighs more than the 13b rew. Like, 200 lbs more, and that's comparing the 13b with ac and power steering and turbos, tranny, downpipe and precat on US cars, to an Ls1 with the engine and tranny and nothing else. Plus the weight sits much farther forward and the LS sounds like shit.

People will show you their corner weights before and after. Don't believe them for a second. The LS weighs about 460 and the T56 weighs 144 . the 13B REW weighs under 400 fully assembled. That is a HUGE amount of weight increase to a car that weighs 2700 lbs.

Under 400 fully assembled including tranny which weighs 115.*

Fake news, the C7 uses an LT

>LS sounds like shit.
you're objectively wrong therefore the rest of your post can be entirely disregarded.

They're also found in many of their truck and SUVs at junkyards, but your mileage may vary.

What is the best iteration of the LS?

It sounds awful and you know it. Literally the worst sounding V8 I've personally heard. Every time I hear a corvette pull up, I think it's a truck. Sometimes it is a fucking truck.

The teksid 4.6 modular

now I know you're talking out of your ass. Ferarri flat planes are objectively the worst sounding v8s.

Sure you're not just hearing the bus engine?

The LS series is still being made. The LS1 is 5.7 liters. The LS2 became 6 liters and slightly improved block, LS3 was 6.2 liters. Then there's a supercharged version called the LSA.

GM is now moving to a LT family line. The Newest corvettes have the LT1. Not related to the LT1 from the 90's

Now this is having a shit taste

>namefag
opinion discarded. go back to plebbit if you don't want to be anonymous.

Talking out of my ass how? By lying about an exhaust note? Lol, what the fuck is your problem bud? Defensive as shit.
XD dude did you come up with that yourself XD good one!

>Assmad

Nice

Wtf car is that?

I hate this. Why not call them LT2 or something else.

What about LS7, LS9, LSA and LSX to name a few?

>Defensive as shit.
says the pot to the kettle. my "problem" is that you're voicing your objectively shit opinion. The LS sounds fine - as does almost every engine when mated to a good exhaust. except for flat plane v8s. those fucking suck.

>being a faggot
not cool bro

>XD dude did you come up with that yourself XD good one!
Thanks, I try to keep it original as possible. Have a nice bus ride. I hope it isn't too crowded.

is this the new s/o/viet?

>LS7
Enjoy your dropped valves

>my oc

nice :^)

>not replacing the heads
ishygddt

Most just upgraded the valve springs.

>Fixing other people mistakes

Do you also lick other man's cum out of your wife pussy???

>GM fangirls

lol so it was even less of an issue.

>having cuckold fantasies
I'll never understand GT-R fags. Why do you imagine another man's wife being taken? Why are you obsessed with the worst fetish imaginable?